Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (6th Gen ASB Version)

KO Counters (KOC for short) are awarded anytime a Pokemon KOs another Pokemon in battle. They can be used for any of that Pokemon's counters (EC, MC, or AC) or they can be used for your own CC. They are not, however, the same as UC; they can only be used on the Pokemon that earns them, not any other Pokemon.

KOC are universal counters recieved for Knocking Out an opposing Pokemon. You can redeem them for MC/EC/AC on the Pokemon who earned them.

I think you also can trade them for CC but that might only be tor maxed Pokemon.

Edit: Greninja'd by FlameStrike

Honestly this is a little more of a suggestion, but I feel it would be really useful to add some kind of glossary of terminology, of sorts, to the Handbook to help out beginners. A lot of beginners, myself included, won't know what Weakmons, Babysitter battles, Flash battles, or flavor are unless they do some searching and/or ask a more experienced player. While yes, it is as sinple as asking, why not make things more convenient to others by adding a small section somewhere that describes what certain common / semi-commonly used terms mean.

Even if a lot of terminology is thought up on the spot, if said terminology catches on then people will need to know what it means.

If theres another thread where I can post this, do let me know...I just figured this wouldnt be too bad of a place to bring this up. So my question is, would doing this be totally out of the question?

Thanks, geodude. Yeah, I guess that would be a much better place to post this...silly me. Thats what I get for not thoroughly looking around, hahahah :P

Last edited:
So, in the Battle Hall against Texas, I'm attempting to use a Poison Sting + Twineedle combo. Problem is I'm not sure how the combo is calculated. Is it 4+3*1.5 used twice, 4+6*1.5 used once, is poison 50% per attempt, or total?

screw you irc guys for ignoring me :P

Maxim I would go with 4+3*1.5 twice, assuming we're counting the multi-hit aspect of it as a secondary effect.
From the Handbook:
"The combo has all the secondary effects of the two moves. If the moves share a secondary effect, add the effect chances of that particular effect for the two moves together."
"If the moves hit different numbers of targets, go with the higher number to determine how many targets the combo hits."
That second one would also suggest hitting twice.
On the matter of poison, I would say 50% per attempt.

The multi-hit aspect is a primary effect, not a secondary effect.

tbh I'd probably just go 4+6*1.5, since the BAP is calculated based on the number of hits in ASB, and for combos you add the BAPs. You would roll crit and Poison twice, though.

Multi hit moves on combos have a BP equal to the total hits. So it would be 4 + 6, you will also roll twice woth the posion chance being that of both moves summed together.

Since Solar Beam is charge at + 1 and strike at - 1 iirc, it would charge at + 2 (priorities added together) and strike at - 4. (Priorities added, - 2 for result being > 0.)

Thank you! Another quick question.

I have a 3v3 Doubles going on, and one of the Pokemon got knocked-out on the first action. Since there is no choice to give the "victim" trainer a option of what to send out to replace the fainted 'mon, the third 'mon is forced out. Does this mean that I need to have them reorder after this 'mon is sent out, or should I just keep going with the Actions until it's done? I'm thinking the former since it makes more sense than to have the replacement Pokemon doing nothing for two actions, but I just wanna make sure. :>

Thank you! Another quick question.

I have a 3v3 Doubles going on, and one of the Pokemon got knocked-out on the first action. Since there is no choice to give the "victim" trainer a option of what to send out to replace the fainted 'mon, the third 'mon is forced out. Does this mean that I need to have them reorder after this 'mon is sent out, or should I just keep going with the Actions until it's done? I'm thinking the former since it makes more sense than to have the replacement Pokemon doing nothing for two actions, but I just wanna make sure. :>
The replacement mon is sent out at the end of the round, not during the middle of the round.

Thanks again. By chance, could someone explain the wording on this for me? The description for Mud-Slap is honestly confusing and worded funny.

"The Pokémon turns around and kicks up clumps of mud at the opponents eyes, reducing their Accuracy by one (1) stage. The added energy cost for each locked-in stage only occurs when the stage boost for accuracy on the struck foe is negative."

So does this mean that if the target doesn't have any accuracy modifications before Mud-Slap is used, it costs 4 + 1 Energy to use / lock that -1 Accuracy? Or does using Mud-Slap before an accuracy stage is in the negatives doesn't lock it at all?

No, it means that if something is at -1 acc Mud Slap will cost 5 energy, if it's at -2 it will cost 6, if it's at -3 it will cost 7 and so on. This doesn't take into account the additional energy cost that it takes to use the same move in a row so it practice if you used Mud Slap the first would cost 4 energy, the second would cost 9 energy, and the third would cost 14 energy. In other words Mud Slap's cost is "4 + negative accuracy stage at the moment of the attack".

if Mud-Slap ~ Mud-Slap ~ Mud-Slap then as Gerard said...
En costs for the moves would be 4, 4 + 1 + 4 = 9, 4 + 2 + 8 = 14

but for example the opp already as an Accuracy drop from another move; lets say Flash / Sand Attack, then Mud Slap would cost 4 + 1(for the one negative stage of accuracy drop).

So for this order: Flash ~ Sand Attack ~ Mud-Slap; Mud-Slap's Energy cost would be 4 + 2(for two negative stage of accuracy drop).

But if the opp has used Hone Claws(or Coil or any similar move) during the previous round and has maintained a positive stage of Accuracy at the end of the round and If you use the following order:

Mud-Slap ~ Chill ~ Mud-Slap, then your energy costs for both the Mud-slap's would be 4 and not any other combination.

Can a Biding Pokemon be switched out.
For example, I am ordering second and went Action~Bide~Hold. Can I imitiate a switch phase next?

If protect is used in the first action of a round, and a future sight would be hitting the Pokemon who used protect at the end of said action, would protect block it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)