Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
And, I just ran into a shiny wingull when I was horde training. It threw off my training but I still caught it. I was just thinking about how running into a shiny would throw off my training and BAM, a shiny.
Happens to me all the time. Most of my shinies are from hordes whilst EV training, heh. Just today I found an Arbok, but fortunately I was training attack anyway :P
THIS is my response to whenever I encounter a shiny whilst EV training.

i'm absolutely terrified of running into a shiny abra or shiny anything that explodes.
Then you would NOT have handled the Shiny Electrode I encountered in Y well at all. Managed to catch it, but that was BY FAR the most tense a Pokemon game has ever made me.

Well, I was playing Pixelmon once a long time ago. I was desperately looking through every forest for a mew and on my 4th day of looking I found a shiny magikarp, which is probably still sitting in one of my world's somewhere.

I did it...I hatched a shiny FEMALE Ralts. After 11 shiny males (I kept one and used the others as trade fodder; still have a few), I finally got one. IV's are 31/x/31/22/31/31. Heck, my male streak continued into the friend safari with a few shiny male kirlias. This game made me work for it.

I've only found... 3 shinies I think in my entire time playing Pokemon.

First one was a Lv 3 Shiny Hoothoot in Crystal, after beating Red 10+ times... Another Crystal run got me a shiny Pichu from the Day Care Egg. Then playing through Moemon Emerald I ran into a Shiny Mightyena(thank god for savestates, it knew Roar..), and finally a Shiny Hariyama in Storm Silver.

Once tried to hatch a Shiny Budew in Platinum, but I gave up after 4 full boxes of non-shiny. Never had much luck with them...

I don't think my 150-200 from Pokeradar count here, and I've never gotten any other Shinies.

A friend of mine did get a Shiny Feebas though. Unfortunately, he didn't know how Poffins worked and he maxed out its Sheen before he maxed its Beauty.

Needless to say he was very happy when B/W came out.

Well I just got a shiny Slowpoke on my Soul Silver woo. It isn't exactly a good Slowpoke for battling as it has a gentle nature with poor IV's but who cares it is shiny. I will probably evolve it into Slowking because I like his design more but Slowbro is still cool. This was my first ever hunted shiny and I got it after only 1137 random encounters which isn't all that much really.

When I was a kid, the first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny spinda. For the past... 10 years, I thought it was the dumbest/ most worthless shiny to find, but then I realized there's like 2 million unique patterns spinda can have, so a shiny spinda is actually the most valuable/rarest shiny, because there's probably no other like it.

In XY, I was ev training my Gardevoir on route 12?, and I kept getting the rare hoard (4 tauros 1 miltank,) and I thought to myself "You know what? I'm going to encounter a shiny miltank and have to defeat all the tauros and it's going to screw up my ev training." The very next hoard, that's EXACTLY what happened.

The most recent shiny I found was a shiny smeargle on route 7. I was actually trying to hatch my friend a shiny gastly, and since my d-pad is worn out I use the stick, and I accidentally went off course into the grass and bam, TIMID shiny smeargle. Since it only knows sketch, it was one move away from KOing itself when I caught it.

I have hunted the hell out of route 7, so far I've caught a shiny hoppip, croagunk, ducklett, psyduck, and that smeargle, but the shiny I want the most is Roselia.

I caught my croagunk when I was just practicing chaining, when I'd get a pokemon I didn't want, I'd soft reset. So I didn't really want a croagunk, but I defeated it anyway on the first bush instead of resetting. Second chain: shiny.

Today was the day, I was finally going to get my roselia. I was chaining, the whole time i kept telling myself "you're going to break your chain, its only a matter of time, so don't get your hopes up." I followed all of the rules, and finally got to a chain of 39, the highest chain I've reached. This is when I told myself "YOU'VE GOT THIS IN THE BAG! JUST ONE MORE PATCH!" at the same time, I was very calm and didn't get reckless. So I picked the perfect patch-- 4 spaces away, not on an edge, not by other patches, right speed. And guess who was there? Smeargle. I like to think this was a foreshadow for the random shiny smeargle I got. I was really upset. Moreso, I ended up getting the shiny hoppip and psyduck from hoard hunting for roselia. Now I'm masuda methoding, and this is one of the longest hunts I've had.

Last one: I was breeding for a perfect eevee with anticipation; didn't have to be female or shiny. Just anticipation/ perfect. Well after 15 eggs I got a shiny female 5IV'd but not HA. I was just thinking how po'd everyone who wants a shiny eevee would be. I named her Elsa and evolved her into my favorite eeveelution: glaceon (since the HA and regular ability weren't much different)

I just broke my chain of Dittos.

The chain was broken by a shiny Amoongus so I got that going for me which is nice.

I just hatched a shiny Marill using the MM method, something I've been wanting for a while now> It's great, has huge power, 4 flawless IVs, looks awesome. The only problem? 0 HP IVs :/ I'm currently debating whether I should just deal with it and use it, or keep going for another

My first shiny I ever found was seven years ago. I was a mere eight years old playing my Pokemon Pearl game. I was trecking up Mt. Coronet to go and catch Palkia. Since I had no clue what catch rates were, I was holding on to my Masterball for Palkia. While in the cave, I enter a wild battle. It was a shiny Bronzong.
I was wicked happy. I knew about shiny Pokemon, so I tried my best to capture the creature. I kept using Fly to slowly chip away health once it got low, and throwing Pokeballs to try and catch it. I though the Bronzong could survive one more hit,so I have my Staraptor use fly.
I knock it out.
Currently,I am still to reclaim this shiny.

My next shiny fail was my first shiny in X. I was just encountering hoard battles while waiting for school to start when I find a shiny Geodude. Being a shiny hunter, I had to record a video. But classes were starting. Through the day, I kept my DS charging and left it closed. To my disbelief, when I check on the game in third block, the screen is black. Then, it transitions to the 3DS Home Menu. I was steamed with anger. However, I already have two shiny Golem. Plus, I found a a shiny Weepinbell two days later.

My funniest shiny story was just when Black and White two came out. I was playing through White Two when my sister came in. She asked me to help her study, and I agreed. Our study session went in for a while. I just wanted to play White 2. What I did was pull my blanket over myself so I could play while helping her study. It was working just fine until I walked in the tall grass. Out of nowhere, a Shiny Mienfoo out and I scream out loud "OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND A SHINY MIENFOO!" Truly my funniest reaction to a shiny. I finished studying with her and went to catch that sucker.

Last edited:
EV training Speed on route whatever (Wingull and Tailow) I caught a shiny Wingull in one horde encounter, and then caught another in the encounter immediately preceding the first one. Two shinies back-to-back, I was astounded.

Another time I was in the Friend Safari just unlocking each friend's mons (seeing which 3 they had). In a Dragon-type Safari I couldn't encounter the third mon. I did, eventually, and it was a shiny Dragonair with Marvel Scale :)

The first shiny I ever encountered in the wild (at least that I remember encountering) was a shiny Oddish in a emulated LeafGreen on a jailbroken iPad. Caught it, saved the game, moved on. I come back from class only to find that the iPad had crashed and I had to factory reboot it losing my save file and Oddish :(

Edit: Oh, also, all of those vvv (and about 30 others)

r/SVeXchange FTW

I was shiny chaining for Smeargle. Then a Starly broke my chain. I ran to the Pokémon Center to withdraw my Fly slave to get to the Resort Area, and a shiny Roselia appeared.

Lately I'v been flooded by shinies.
Doing hordes for EV training, I found 3 shiny Wishmur and 1 shiny Vanillite.
In Friend Safari I found a shiny Diggersby.
And breeding I got a motherfucking shiny Gible.
All in the ark of two weeks.

My first shiny was in Diamond: I was grinding on Victory Road (10 at the time) and found a shiny global. I caught it, thought it was a glitch, and the promptly restarted my game -_-
My second shiny was in Diamond (now 12). I soft ressetted for DAYS until I got a shiny regigigas. When I got it, I was super pumped ^_^
My third shiny was in Platinum. I was in the safari zone and found a shiny wooper. It ran away...
My fourth shiny was in fire red. I found a shiny dratini in the safari zone. It ran away...
My fifth shiny was the best. My friend let me borrow his copy if platinum for the darkrai event. On my fourth try, it was shiny! I caught it, and it was Timid. I was pissed because my 13 year old self wanted to use shadow claw on my darkrai -_- (I'm stupid)
My sixth shiny was in Black. I got a shiny serperior on my third try! I wasn't even going for a shiny I was just indecisive with my choice of starter :3
I the proceded to trade in all my pokemon games and give up pokemon for a year. I regret this. A lot :(
Then in Y I've gotten four shinies: a shiny drudiggon in the FS, a shiny wingull while EV training, a shiny Yanma while EV training, and a shiny Goleta off of Wonder Trade :P
*Note this doesn't include my countless SV hatches

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So, I've been working on my frontier symbols again in Emerald after restarting a few weeks ago. With some time to kill, I get up to round 5 in the battle tower, getting myself ready to battle Anabel for the silver ability symbol. Match two, I was paired up with good ol Ninja Boy Gunnar. As the battle begins, he sends out Crobat. I think to myself this will be easy since my lead Pokemon was Tyranitar, but as I see the Crobat manifest itself...

*Insert shiny Pokemon animation/star sound here*

If that isn't trollish enough for you, back in early 2007, I caught a shiny Zubat in LeafGreen, which I traded to Emerald to also use in the frontier. Being the stupid teen I was in 07, I thought Gameshark was the best thing ever and used it religiously. By using the warp codes, I got my character stuck in the ocean in god knows where (was trying to wrap to one of the event islands), and made the stupid mistake of saving, thinking that and reloading would fix the issue. It didn't, leaving me with no choice but to restart the game. I tried pal parking my shiny bat to Diamond, but with it knowing Fly...

Long story short, fuck you, Emerald. You're a sadistic douchebag. ;_;

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I had a feeling I'd get a shiny Swablu before a 6IV female, (Yes, some people are insane enough to set goals like that) and I was right. It's a Careful Swablu with 31/3or4/31/??/31/31 IVs. Stupid question, but is that Attack IV even remotely close to usable with a Bulky DD set?

Edit: I was looking for a Female Bagon and found a Shiny Spoink! I am now amongst the elite few who have found 2 Shinies in one day!!!!

Last edited:
H'okay, so let me go over all my shinies (aside from the always shiny Pokemon) and explain my thoughts and stuff from them.

Pokemon Crystal
Krabby - It's been like nearly a decade and a half now but I knew that was my first shiny that I found (outside of the Shiny Gyarados). I was just smashing rocks outside Olivine City (I forget what I was looking for) when I saw it. I was only able to tell it was shiny because of the flicker. I can't tell red and green apart too well so I was questioning why it looked so plain looking not knowing it was actually green.

Pokemon Sapphire
Golbat - I was leveling up Pokemon to Level 100 at Sky Pillar and I found this bright red Golbat. Of course being ridiculously excited as a 13 year old would be I immediately went and caught it and then spent all my time trying to raise it up to Level 100. And that's how I got my Pink Crobat
Doduo - I was reading "tricks" to finding shiny Pokemon thinking they actually REALLY worked. It said to take the Acro Bike to one part of the Safari Zone and bounce around and you'll find a Shiny Natu. Of course that didn't work (though it does allow you to not waste steps). I then went and tried it for just a little while in the main area (thinking that it was me or something) and found the Shiny Doduo. I was lucky to catch it.

Pokemon Diamond
Bidoof - I was just EV training my team in attack outside Hearthome City when I saw it. I remember being happy I saw it but I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that I caught a shiny form of the eponious vender trash Pokemon

Pokemon HeartGold
Dodrio - I was leveling up my team before the Elite 4 and was in the route right before it. I encountered it and I was of course surprised but then my thoughts went back to the Shiny Doduo (now also a Dodrio) that I caught in Pokemon Sapphire and realized that it's almost a waste.

Pokemon White
Timburr - I was training my team outside Cold Storage in Driftveil City. I didn't really know about the shaking spots and Audino being there then so I was just fighting everyone. And I encountered this thing. Ridiculously excited at finding my first Gen 5 shiny I caught it immediately.
Timburr - I literally found this one in the very next encounter after the previous one. I was like "Whaaaaaaat?" and thought I was just super lucky and junk. I was with a few friends who were also playing it at the time and after settling them down from the first one they thought it was a joke that I found a second one.

Pokemon Y
Luvdisc - I was actually chaining Luvdisc just so I could get Heart Scales and found this one. I was shocked, of course, but thought it was inevitable (especially when I heard others were getting shinies more often in this generation)
Luvdisc - Again I was chaining Luvdisc for Heart Scales and found it. By here I was laughing at my luck of finding two shiny Luvdisc (and so were all my friends to the point where a couple of my friends sent my various Luvdisc related links and pictures telling me it reminding them of me)
Cloyster - I was going through Friend Safaris trying to see the three Pokemon they had and this pop up. I was super excited. Even more when I found out it had a good nature and good attack IVs and the I got sad when I remembered that all its good moves were learned as a Shellder
Pumpkaboo - This was my FIRST Masuda Method/Shiny Charm Shiny (my friend gave me a 6 IV Japanese Ditto...I didn't question where he got it from). I really wanted a shiny Super Sized Pumpkaboo and this was a deliberate attempt at getting it. I found it after about 100 eggs on the train and I remember being super excited and happy about it. ESPECIALLY after I found out it had Max Attack and Defense and Min Speed. My one friend gave me an Ability Capsule for it because of the wrong ability but it was still fine.
Scyther - I was breeding for a Scizor for my team (that includes the Shiny Gourgeist) and to be honest I didn't even notice that it was a shiny until I hatched the next one and realized its neck was a different color and I realized that the one I had previous hatched was the only one with a gray neck. I went back and was excited then I got a tiny bit disappointed in that, despite me breeding with my 6 IV Ditto, the only max IVs it had were in Special Attack and Special Defense. Still I use it because it's decent...especially after I got another Ability Capsule for it. (I originally declared that I got a Shiny Somewhat Shitty Swarm Scizor because I just adore alliteration)
Honedge - After getting that Scyther I decided to try my luck again since I had gotten two shinies in like 200 eggs. It took me about another 150 eggs to hatch this one. And I felt just as happy as I was with my Pumpkaboo (since I was planning this one too). I then got ridiculously happy when I took it to the IV Checker and found out it had all max stats but speed.
Gulpin - I was EV training in HP and I was musing to myself that with my Shiny Charm and my luck so far with it that I'll probably find a Shiny Gulpin and lo and behold I did. That was fun.
Minccino - This was effectively the same situation as the Scyther but after a lot more eggs. I didn't think it was a big thing until after I hatched the next one and found out it had different colored inner ears. I looked back and found out I got a shiny Minccino. This one was better than the Scyther though. It had Max HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Speed along with Skill Link so it was a LOT more usable.
Archen - I was breeding this one and the Minccino for a themed team. Both of them had to be female so I was breeding Archen for a REALLY long time (damn 7:1 gender ratios) and I was musing to myself that it would be funny if I got a shiny before a 5 IV female. And that's EXACTLY what happened. And I took it checked and found out it was 5 IV too. And then the rest of my eggs in my party hatched and the very next one was a 5 IV female. I'm still going to use the Female for my team, but now I have a Male 5 IV shiny one for another team.
Klink - I literally got this after the very first egg. I was just laughing my ass off (I had gotten the Archen the day before and Minccino the day before that) since it completed my Weekend of Shiny. Max HP, Attack, and Speed with Clear Body is pretty nice for the very first egg.

Last edited:
I was playing on an emulator in speedup and I accidentally ran away from a shiny tangela :(
In diamond I had a shiny Golbat, Sneasel, and Machop, which are like the 3 most ugly shinies ever. (I lost that cart anyways)
Those are the only shinies I ever found...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been trying my hand at Masuda Methoding now that I have the Shiny Charm, so far I've only done Larvitar and Carvanha which have both hatched with annoying IVs. The Larvitar is jolly with 31/11/31/31/31/31 and the Carvanha is adamant with 31/6/31/30/31/31. With the Carvanha I was still in the process of breeding a 5iv mother with a hex flawless Ditto and a 4iv mother when a shiny luckily popped up. It's hatched with 4ivs, which is fine, I just wish the offensive stats that were generated randomly were swapped! I know ESV hatching exists but I'm one of those sentimental types that likes the OT to be me... Ah well better get back to it then!

EDIT: oh man I just figured out the shiny Carvanha inherited the 6 attack IV from the imperfect mother, if I was using a flawless mother I would have a shiny 31/31/31/30/31/31 speed boost Carvanha by now :( I finally hatched a flawless female so I'm gonna try again!

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
I've only found 2, a shiny Cacnea in Pearl which I found on my birthday that was about 6 years ago when I was really into the actual games so that was cool. Also, when I was very young I found a shiny Pichu on my Crystal cart in the egg the daycare guys give you but I restarted that cart so I no longer have it. These two were random as I don't hunt shinies, I also saw a shiny Sneasel just randomly in Pearl when I was walking around but I couldn't catch him :(

My first shiny was a Cyndaquil in Gold version. I was so confused as to why my starter had different colored flame to the one my friend owned. I grew rather attached to the purple flame and liked how it sparkled with red stars everytime I summoned it. I didn't know what it was until RSE when I got on the internet to start learning things about pokemon.

I've had a few others, mostly Pidgey and the like that I've run into while EV training. I can't remember most of those, they aren't quite as special as the random shinies as you're killing literally thousands of their brethren so they're bound to show up eventually.

H'okay, I got a bit new Shinies in Pokemon Y.

Mime Jr. - Looking for a Sturdy Carbink. Found this one in a horde
Mime Jr. - Still looking for a Sturdy Carbink. I talked to some others and it seems common to find one or two Shiny Mime Jrs while searching for a Sturdy Carbink in the ONLY place you can find it
Gible - I decided to Masuda Method a Shiny Gible. Unfortunately this one only had Max HP, Defense, and Speed and Sand Veil ability after over 300 eggs
Gible - I got greedy. I wanted a Shiny Gible with at LEAST max Attack and Speed. So I kept going. I got another one in another 450 eggs with max HP, Attack, SpDef, and Speed with Rough Skin. On the other hand, I have a TON of 5 IV Gibles...so I got that going for me which is nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)