Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's shiny locked.
That is beyond stupid... The Kalos legendaries, alright, I can see that. The Kanto legendaries, I guess, to an extent... But Snorlax? What in the Distortion World were those programmers smoking? Thanks anyway, though.

...Actually, while we're on the subject, just so I don't have to keep asking, anyone got a full list of what is Shiny-locked in X and Y? I assume the list to be pretty much all the available legendaries plus the Route 7 Snorlax, but anyone got any others? I've seen a YouTube video of someone successfully SRing a Shiny Chespin, so I know the starters can be Shiny. But what about Sycamore's Kanto starters? Korrina's Lucario? That NPC's Lapras? In-game trades?

And one more question- in the numerous times I've played through X, I've noticed something about Route 2. You can't seem to encounter anything in the first row of tall grass until you go north into the second one, at which point you seem to encounter a Pidgey. Is this just a freakish coincidence, or does the game actually set it so your first encounter is guaranteed to be in that row of grass and always a Pidgey? And if it's the latter, is this Pidgey Shiny-locked? I'd hope they wouldn't be so screwy as to Shiny-lock a freaking Pidgey, but then, I had similar expectations for Snorlax, so I don't even know anymore.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To answer the other part: first encounter is fixed to be a level 3 Pidgey on 2nd line of grass tiles on Route 2.
I have no idea if it's shiny locked or not (although I severely doubt it).

Edit: shady6121 I'm aware which Pokémon are shiny locked. I've just seen no discussion and have no first hand experience for that specific Pidgey.

Last edited:
I'm looking for 5/6 iv FOREIGN fairy type pokemon. Check out my thread. I also have a flawless shiny switcharoo tailwind noibat in a dusk ball.

Keep or Toss?

Careful Nature Zygarde 31/31/30/x/29/31
(Leaning towards toss since I've never wasted this much time trying to obtain a pokemon before).

Edit: Tossed only because of the amount of time I've already spent on it.
You're nuts or what? I would've kept that, two less points on Sp. Defense <<<<<<<<<<< Nest Ball

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone have a Dream ball HA Mudkip? idc about ivs. PM/VM :)
Mudkip can't (legally) be in a Dream Ball. Only special ball Mudkip was Cherish Ball which was a Male only, Japanese only event in Gen 5.

While Mudkip can be in a Dream Ball (or any other standard Gen 5 Pokéball—not cherish or safari), it cannot be female due to the gender lock of the event. Thus if you're looking for a Dream Ball Mudkip, the IVs and nature (as well as tutor moves most likely) should matter.

Edit: Link to the event details.
Edit3: Corrected the information. Thanks Dark Ray :).

Last edited:
Mudkip can't (legally) be in a Dream Ball. Only special ball Mudkip was Cherish Ball which was a Male only, Japanese only event in Gen 5.

Edit: Link to the event details.
Edit2: Actually, this may have been a Dream Ball event (I apologise if it was, either way it can't be bred for the ball, so at the very least IVs would matter).
For the record, other than the gender lock all the PGL events functioned like every other Pokemon obtained from the Dream World, you could catch them with Dream or any other Pokeballs you had in your inventory.

Thoughts on the viability of Poison Heal Breloom? Just hatched a 31/31/22,23/31/31/31 shiny nest ball Careful Shroomish :)
I'd say still quite viable, as its mostly a bulky water, Keldeo, and Thundurus check (which are usually special attackers).

Grats on the shiny!

Last edited:

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thoughts on the viability of Poison Heal Breloom? Just hatched a 31/31/22,23/31/31/31 shiny nest ball Careful Shroomish :)
Eww, disgusting. It's not 31/31/31/xx/31/31 so you should toss it.

lol, jk. Congrats on the shiny.

Random calcs:

31 IVs in defense:
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 90-106 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 182-216 (56.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (97 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 120-142 (37 - 43.8%) -- 19.9% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

22 IVs in defense:
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 93-111 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 192-226 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (97 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 126-148 (38.8 - 45.6%) -- 72.5% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

not that much difference between the two tbh

Eww, disgusting. It's not 31/31/31/xx/31/31 so you should toss it.

lol, jk. Congrats on the shiny.

Random calcs:

31 IVs in defense:
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 90-106 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 182-216 (56.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (97 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 120-142 (37 - 43.8%) -- 19.9% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

22 IVs in defense:
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 93-111 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 192-226 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (97 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 126-148 (38.8 - 45.6%) -- 72.5% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

not that much difference between the two tbh
It's actually 23 in defense :p

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Does Shaymin need any type of Hidden Power? I have an itch to reply Platinum before ORAS are released, and I figured I might as well ID abuse my save for a shiny Timid spread for the legendaries. (Don't think anyone else needs HP, except maybe Darkrai?)

Does Shaymin need any type of Hidden Power? I have an itch to reply Platinum before ORAS are released, and I figured I might as well ID abuse my save for a shiny Timid spread for the legendaries. (Don't think anyone else needs HP, except maybe Darkrai?)
Fire or ice for the cute version...not sure about the weird uber dog thing

HP Fire allows Shaymin to hit Ice-types but HP Ice is great as well as it hits Dragons.

EDIT: Actually, I'd go with HP Ice as STAB Seed Flare hits harder than BP 60 Super-Effective HP Fire.

Also, with the Dark type attack buff and Darkrai gets Focus Blast it doesn't really need any hidden power.

EDIT2: Also if anyone recommends HP Fire on Darkrai anyways for Genesect... Incinerate now hits as hard as HP Fire while still keeping the extra point for Special Attack, if some crazy person hates Genesect THAT much to bother sticking it in a moveslot.

EDIT3: WELL! Someone's a ninja (I'm looking at you Xen)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)