The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really Hope people understand that Belichick is the problem with the patriots and not brady

As a GM and Coach hes run the team into the ground

I really Hope people understand that Belichick is the problem with the patriots and not brady

As a GM and Coach hes run the team into the ground
dont give me that bs. belichick is primarily responsible for the patriots being the most dominant team of the past decade. all good things must come to an end (not necessarily saying this is the end of the patriots reign, but it IS getting close). don't blame belichick for this.

you know whos really the culprit for the pats failures? the O line coach, dante scarnecchia. dude retired after being with the organization for like 20 years, and now the O line is a complete mess.

dont give me that bs. belichick is primarily responsible for the patriots being the most dominant team of the past decade. all good things must come to an end (not necessarily saying this is the end of the patriots reign, but it IS getting close). don't blame belichick for this.

you know whos really the culprit for the pats failures? the O line coach, dante scarnecchia. dude retired after being with the organization for like 20 years, and now the O line is a complete mess.
Bill Belichick Doesn't even have a winning record as the patriots coach without Tom Brady

During Belichick's tenure, The Patriots franchise has never Been relevant without Brady

For Years his Mistakes (on the offensive and defensive side of the ball) have been masked by Brady

Do you realize that "Defensive Genius" Bill Belichick has had the 32nd ranked defense over the past 3 years?

This is despite using multiple high draft picks on defense and completely ignoring the offensive side of the ball.

Hes now stripped Brady of all talent on offense and Brady can no longer carry him, exposing him and the team.

I could go on and on but your mind is probably made up

here are a few accurate articles if you suddenly feel like you want to be informed on the subject

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...m-brady-finished-criticism-of-qb-is-misguided

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wr...can-only-blame-himself-as-gm-for-pats-decline

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...ichick-gm-blame-new-england-patriots-woes-nfl

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-as-gm-leaves-patriots-with-uncertain-future

http://nesn.com/2014/10/marshall-faulk-blasts-bill-belichicks-drafting-history-with-patriots/

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/10/dont-blame-brady-blame-belichick.html

http://nypost.com/2014/09/30/how-belichick-patriots-sped-up-bradys-inevitable-demise/

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._team_struggles_bill_belichick_begins_to_lose

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...on-pats-are-we-worried-about-money-or-winning

Last edited:
So instead of chasing out his vets by cutting them if they don't sign pay cuts and trading away players Brady/offense likes (Welker) for even more injury prone replacements (Amendola)...yeah I think his stingyness is finally bearing fruit with subpar talent that can't be coached up as well.

So instead of chasing out his vets by cutting them if they don't sign pay cuts and trading away players Brady/offense likes (Welker) for even more injury prone replacements (Amendola)...yeah I think his stingyness is finally bearing fruit with subpar talent that can't be coached up as well.
Yep

Right after Brady takes a paycut, Belichick lets his most trusted receiver (and one of his Best friends) Wes Welker walk away to play for Brady's biggest rival (after welker gave NE an offer to match a very affordable contract)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The jaguars did not almost beat the steelers because of Blake Bortles, they did it because they played great defense. The steelers only second half points were on a pick-6, immediately after a forced fumble of Ben Rothlisberger. The jags played great defense and drops and a bad running game were really what prevented the team from winning.

Comeback wins galore. And we see how good Arian Foster is.

Past decade? Uh no, since 2005 the Giants and maybe Steelers have been the most dominant teams. I'll take super bowl wins over division wins in a terrible division. The Patriots have been good, yes, but there are two teams at least who have been more dominant than them.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i don't know what NFL you've been watching but the pats have been pretty damn dominant

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Past decade? Uh no, since 2005 the Giants and maybe Steelers have been the most dominant teams. I'll take super bowl wins over division wins in a terrible division. The Patriots have been good, yes, but there are two teams at least who have been more dominant than them.
The patriots have 20 more wins than the steelers and 26 more wins than the giants over that time period. So they're averaging almost 3 wins a year more than the giants, and over 2 wins more a year than the steelers. There's a big difference between averaging being a 12.2 win team and a 10 win team...

Also re: blame distribution. We haven't seen non brady belichick or non belichick brady anywhere near enough to say how important they are to this team
belichick is 15-16 without brady, with matt cassell and drew bledsoe, who have a combined record of 57-66 when not playing for the pats.

And jesus christ Pretzels is it possible to make your post formatted in such a way it doesn't give me eye cancer?

hold up, did you just call the giants a "dominant" team? the giants who beat the pats in the 2007 superbowl were anything BUT dominant... they barely squeaked into the playoffs as a wildcard, got hot throughout the playoffs and pulled off probably the greatest upset and one of the THE luckiest plays in NFL history to beat the patriots. they made the superbowl in 2011 in practically the same way. thats not dominance to me. thinking of the giants as dominant is like thinking of eli as a HOF quarterback... it just sounds weird.

the steelers were pretty good from 2009-2011. 2 superbowl berths, one win. sounds pretty good. but think of the patriots, who have been consistently good since brady took over. 3 super bowl wins, 5 appearances, like 6 or 7 AFC championship appearances. to me, the pats are a lot like the san antonio spurs: always in playoff contention and consistently a top team in their conference. and both those teams have been doing it for what seems like forever.

Hope Everyone doesn't overreact to this pats win like they did when they lost last week

The Demise of Tom Brady lol

Unsurprising both undefeated teams fell, though the Cardinals were competitive and neck-and-neck with the Broncos in score until Stanton got taken out...and that chop block on Campbell wasn't cool either. Manning will break Favre's record of 508 touchdown passes within the next week or two also, and this season isn't even half over yet...not to mention who knows how many more he'll add on top of that.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
hold up, did you just call the giants a "dominant" team? the giants who beat the pats in the 2007 superbowl were anything BUT dominant... they barely squeaked into the playoffs as a wildcard, got hot throughout the playoffs and pulled off probably the greatest upset and one of the THE luckiest plays in NFL history to beat the patriots. they made the superbowl in 2011 in practically the same way. thats not dominance to me. thinking of the giants as dominant is like thinking of eli as a HOF quarterback... it just sounds weird.

the steelers were pretty good from 2009-2011. 2 superbowl berths, one win. sounds pretty good. but think of the patriots, who have been consistently good since brady took over. 3 super bowl wins, 5 appearances, like 6 or 7 AFC championship appearances. to me, the pats are a lot like the san antonio spurs: always in playoff contention and consistently a top team in their conference. and both those teams have been doing it for what seems like forever.

Milos, ignore some hero, he's known for being one of the most biased homers on the forums. 2 years ago he tried to give us a serious discussion and debate on why the Giants would go 16-0 during the 2012 season, etc. Just reply to everyone elses posts but his. I miss YTP btw, what happened to him :(

Milos, ignore some hero, he's known for being one of the most biased homers on the forums. 2 years ago he tried to give us a serious discussion and debate on why the Giants would go 16-0 during the 2012 season, etc. Just reply to everyone elses posts but his. I miss YTP btw, what happened to him :(
Dude, the Giants had Eli Manning who was coming off one of the greatest seasons ever by a qb, a defense who manhandled two of the greatest offenses ever, and a team overall who blew out a 15-1 team at their home. Was I wrong to believe this team was the best in the league?

But I didn't see the offensive collapse that was to come. I saw it after the first egg game but it was too late. The OC was going to take the team down with him. I put 0 blame on Eli for 12/13. The dudes 2011 season was THAT ridiculous. If it weren't for Rodgers Eli should have been MVP.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dude, the Giants had Eli Manning who was coming off one of the greatest seasons ever by a qb, a defense who manhandled two of the greatest offenses ever, and a team overall who blew out a 15-1 team at their home. Was I wrong to believe this team was the best in the league?

But I didn't see the offensive collapse that was to come. I saw it after the first egg game but it was too late. The OC was going to take the team down with him. I put 0 blame on Eli for 12/13. The dudes 2011 season was THAT ridiculous. If it weren't for Rodgers Eli should have been MVP.
Eli Manning's 2011 numbers: 61.0 comp %, 4933 yds, 8.4 YPA, 29 TD/16 INT
Please splain to me how that is one of the best seasons ever by a QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)