Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i do, say, !ds lightiningrod it says at the end " Redo the search with 'all' as a search parameter to show all results." But "A search with the parameter 'all' cannot be broadcast." If this is the case, the result box shouldn't recommend 'all' at the end. Can something be done to fix this.
You can use /ds instead of !ds, 'all' parameters are generally very large so they cannot be broadcast because it would be spammy so the broadcasting has been disabled. You can still use them for yourself with /

Put in basic smogon sets when making a pokemon, for example: your making a leafeon and you have Leaf blade, swords dance, aerial ace, return as it's moveset and Pokemon showdown suggests the standard set of: Leaf blade, swords dance, knock off, return. The way this would be awesome is to help new competitive players ease their way into competitive battling and to help anyone know of basic sets and improve on them. I imagine it looking like the suggested EV spread except it uses moves instead.

has anyone suggested a fanmade pokemon tier or something similar? id love to see all the work suzerain has done for Pokemon Omicron/Zeta on here somewhere. specifically the Delta pokemon and some of the new megas he created

VGC 2014 is allowing move tutors from ORAS to be implemented for future Premier Challenges, is is possible you can update PS to accommodate these changes?

has anyone suggested a fanmade pokemon tier or something similar? id love to see all the work suzerain has done for Pokemon Omicron/Zeta on here somewhere. specifically the Delta pokemon and some of the new megas he created
I think the tier called "CAP" is similiar to what your looking for.

Put in basic smogon sets when making a pokemon, for example: your making a leafeon and you have Leaf blade, swords dance, aerial ace, return as it's moveset and Pokemon showdown suggests the standard set of: Leaf blade, swords dance, knock off, return. The way this would be awesome is to help new competitive players ease their way into competitive battling and to help anyone know of basic sets and improve on them. I imagine it looking like the suggested EV spread except it uses moves instead.
I believe there was something very similar to that about a year ago. Back in Generation 5 when you were to create a team in team-builder, you were able to get suggested moves for a Pokemon when selecting a move set.
For example:
Latios
Suggested Moves
-
Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Defog
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Roost
-Recover
-Calm mind
etc.
Bringing back this feature to team building can help players decide moves for a Pokemon.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't know if this has already been suggested but there's like 100 pages and I don't want to go through them all so I'll suggest this anyways:

Once ORAS hits, can we please implement a ladder that is for XY OU? As it is now, I really like the XY OU metagame, and in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of ORAS. The tl;dr version is that there's too many threats to account for while building which only worsens the team match up issue that was present in XY. I know I can't be the only one that feels this way, and considering that we already have a ladder with these current mechanics, I don't see how it would be too much of an issue to port it over to another ladder once the 21st comes around.

Don't know if this has already been suggested but there's like 100 pages and I don't want to go through them all so I'll suggest this anyways:

Once ORAS hits, can we please implement a ladder that is for XY OU? As it is now, I really like the XY OU metagame, and in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of ORAS. The tl;dr version is that there's too many threats to account for while building which only worsens the team match up issue that was present in XY. I know I can't be the only one that feels this way, and considering that we already have a ladder with these current mechanics, I don't see how it would be too much of an issue to port it over to another ladder once the 21st comes around.
EDIT:That would be pretty solid to have.

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

this.

and folders in teambuilder, but that has been suggested quite a few times, lol

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As it is now, I really like the XY OU metagame, and in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of ORAS. The tl;dr version is that there's too many threats to account for...
So like current-gen OU since Gen 5? Maybe even Gen 4.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible that in the teambuilder it shows the mini-sprites of the Pokemon on the team? I understand that it's not objectively necessary and we have the names of the Pokemon there but it would be really cool to visually see what you have (also it shows their nicknames which is kind of annoying and I know I could remove the nicknames but i like them).

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Maybe it's an idea to make the teambuilder a bit more organized. Having tiers be a certain color. NU - Red, UU - Blue, OU - Green, RU - Yellow as example. It'd make it easier to understand considering many people have over 50 teams, and it's hard to find a certain team with that many teams saved. Maybe a color coding or adding 'folders' to the team builder would be an easy solution.

I made an example for what could be a nice feature for the teambuilder. It it's appealing to look and a lot easier to understand. Just a suggestion

I don't believe this has been suggested yet, but here goes anyways.

This really isn't that big of a suggestion, but if you have sometime it would be cool to possibly organize the rooms you are currently in by clicking and moving the room in the space you would like it to be in. This just saves time for people who want to have there joined rooms in a certain order. Once again, this really isn't that big of a deal, but it would be nice otherwise.

I don't believe this has been suggested yet, but here goes anyways.

This really isn't that big of a suggestion, but if you have sometime it would be cool to possibly organize the rooms you are currently in by clicking and moving the room in the space you would like it to be in. This just saves time for people who want to have there joined rooms in a certain order. Once again, this really isn't that big of a deal, but it would be nice otherwise.
This has been suggested before (I don't recall if it was here or if this was somewhere else) iirc this is something that might happen, but it's a low priority.

Maybe it's an idea to make the teambuilder a bit more organized. Having tiers be a certain color. NU - Red, UU - Blue, OU - Green, RU - Yellow as example. It'd make it easier to understand considering many people have over 50 teams, and it's hard to find a certain team with that many teams saved. Maybe a color coding or adding 'folders' to the team builder would be an easy solution.

I made an example for what could be a nice feature for the teambuilder. It it's appealing to look and a lot easier to understand. Just a suggestion

I think it would be better to have folders in teambuilder, and less eyes-killing too n_n

Amaluna

I think it would be better to have folders in teambuilder, and less eyes-killing too n_n
I made that with paint and obviously if this idea would be approved it'd be less of an eye sore. The paint colors are really bright compared to the colors Showdown uses. Also, the 'team tabs' have more than 1 color to make it look less shitty, I just replaced them all with 1 solid color to visualize the idea. But folders would be another idea, considering I suggested that too. :]

Could we get a chat room command called /legal which tells the legal pokemon in each tier, with examples below
/legal tier (gives the ban lists)
/legal tier, pokemon (Says if the pokemon is legal, and with what conditions, i.e. kalos bred)
/legal tier, move (Similar to above)
/legal tier, item (similar to above)

It would aid quite a lot

There is a command already called /ds (or /dexsearch ) that will display the pokemon for that tier if you do something like /ds uber or /ds ou. Also considering the vast majority of moves and items are available in any tier, it's almost easier to have a smogon tier banlist window up than do a command like the last two.

There is a command already called /ds (or /dexsearch ) that will display the pokemon for that tier if you do something like /ds uber or /ds ou. Also considering the vast majority of moves and items are available in any tier, it's almost easier to have a smogon tier banlist window up than do a command like the last two.
However, for VGC, there the ban list is quite complex, and for some of the other metas, like AAA, have complex bans, so it is a nice thing to have.

and with /ds VGC 2014, I get this:

'vgc 2014' could not be found in any of the search categories.

Amaluna

I'd like to see a feature that allows us to add people to a PM conversation on Showdown like we can on Smogon. Because talking about certain things is not something you can do in every chat room. I think it'd be useful for many rooms too. Just a suggestion.

I'd like to see a feature that allows us to add people to a PM conversation on Showdown like we can on Smogon. Because talking about certain things is not something you can do in every chat room. I think it'd be useful for many rooms too. Just a suggestion.
Is being worked on by a user i know, hopefully it becomes a thing :]

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
It would not reset any ladders, but the points (or whatever these numbers are) given or lost would be depended if a player is using Hax strategies or top-tier Pokémon, which lower the numbers winning and slightly increases losing if used and setted correctly, or using low-tiered Pokémon or original and non spammable strategies will increase winning and slightly lower losing points, and ragequitting (disconnecting and not returning after one of his/her Pokémon fainted) will gives a -50 to -150 penalties, depended on your current rank/ladder. Just a suggestion like anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)