The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, first off, why didn't the Patriots call a timeout with 55 seconds left and the clock running at the half yard line? If the Seahawks scored on the next play, the Patriots still would have had ~50 seconds and a timeout to drive 40-50 yards to get into field goal range and force overtime (with Brady, not unreasonable).

The Seahawks will be questioned for years about the 2nd and goal playcall. Have your 3rd year quarterback throw into a packed endzone vs. an elite secondary, or run the ball vs. a very beatable front with one of the best goal-line backs in the NFL, with two extra plays as insurance in case Lynch doesn't score? Unbelievable.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
as a scientist, i do not believe in jinxes but i started saying the seahawks would win when it was 24-14 and i said wilson hasnt thrown an interception all night. im the mvp

more like they threw it away :^)
Now's not the time. Please.

I'm just so angry for some reason. It was a fun SB. But for reason I feel like the Seahawks just threw it all away so willingly. The way it ended was unsatisfying. Kind of like following a story but never hearing how it ends. That didn't feel like a proper ending. Why do I think this? It's because the game was decided by the people calling the plays not the players. Seahawks are dead to me.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Brady did not deserve SB MVP, that should have gone to Edelman or the Seahawks offensive coordinator for undeservedly gifting the game to the Pats with that horrendous play call at the end.

Funny thing both times the Pats played at this stadium, they give up miracle receptions in the 4th quarter. Luckily you've get Pete Carroll to make sure it's meaningless. It was good seeing talk from everywhere about the Seattle Dynasty when they were gonna win. Good thing it's finally over. Even better seeing Sherman about cry. But best of all, i think i saw the Seahawks bandwagon just fly by and it was looking pretty empty right about now...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be fair, at least the Tom Brady GOAT argument has some merit, whether you agree or not. I'm partial to Peyton Manning and Joe Montana but I'm not enough of a hater to say Brady isn't one of the greatest.

As for the game, it was certainly more exciting than last year. Also Missy Elliot with the surprise show hell yeah. Not to mention my guacamole and my wife's buffalo chicken dip were MVPs at the party so imo perfect night?

EDIT: I also won the fantasy playoff challenge (out of 5 people so not a big accomplishment but still)

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
To be fair, at least the Tom Brady GOAT argument has some merit, whether you agree or not. I'm partial to Peyton Manning and Joe Montana but I'm not enough of a hater to say Brady isn't one of the greatest.

As for the game, it was certainly more exciting than last year. Also Missy Elliot with the surprise show hell yeah. Not to mention my guacamole and my wife's buffalo chicken dip were MVPs at the party so imo perfect night?
Nah because the Patriots won in the worst possible way. I'm honestly less salty at the Ravens losing to them, cause at least there was some brilliant playcalling that was responsible for the win. If a kid playing Madden was in the same scenario as the Hawks they would have made the fucking right call....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)