Data Temporary Leaves of Absence

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I will be out this weekend coordinating a course. This means three things:
a) I will be out cold starting friday afternoon gmt -3
b) I will be busy doing shit this week so things will be delayed a teensy bit.
c) My mind is elsewhere and my will to ref too. So tag to your heart's desire if you want to. Odds are: I won't answer. Until next week at least.

Oh and I may be slightly bitter. But don't worry. Not related to here.

My internship ends on Friday, I'll probably be busy until Sunday afternoon though.

After that I'll have much more free time than I have had the last 6 months

Guys,

I am running late on Stuff related to ASB. Mostly reffing and facilities. I will update/order/ref them when I find time during this weekend. Expecting you guys to be patient till monday. Cheers.

Hello all,

So, here's the deal. I got a summer job, but it really drains away my time and energy that I would want to put into ASB, especially since Adventure Battles and team roster expansion is currently high on my priority list. As such, expect rather sporadic activity except on my days off (usually weekends, but my schedule changes weekly so...). I'll still try to get to my reffings and battles on time, just explaining here if you all are waiting on me to post.

Schedule should free up a little a week and a half from now and a lot come college time.

All right, this is more of a follow up to my previous post, but let me put this here.

Essentially, I am in the middle of learning the joys of having an actual job, and it's putting a lot of drain on my free time. The other problem I have is, if you couldn't tell, I'm choking horribly a lot recently, in both reffings and battles. I think part (though certainly not all) of that is because I've been running in ASB for about four years straight, and I haven't even taken that many hiatuses (there was a period of semi-hiatus, but even still).

For that reason, I'm going on...well I would call it a hiatus except I'm not disappearing completely. For the next month and a half I won't be taking any more matches, roleplays or reffings and instead focusing on taking a break from ASB. Again, I'm not going away completely, Adventure Battles still have to be put up and running and there's a couple of gym jockeys that need their butts kicked. But I'll be taking as much of a break as I can for the time being. You will probably still find me on IRC every now and again, probably spouting the joy of Adventure Battles to all who will listen. As well, I have some major profile revamps to take care of, so if you see me on I will probably be working on that. Finally, I will totally join in on Lad's Episode 2 for the current match I'm in! Regardless, here's what I'm going to take care of

To Do List:
  • Get Adventure Battles up and Running
  • Get Meloetta's TLR running
  • Finish Gym and Tournament Matches
  • Finish Prize Claiming
  • Get Profile revamps done
  • Accept Lad's second match dealing with Prosopida's machinations

Won't be doing List:
  • Accepting new matches or roleplays
  • Reffing anything longer than a flashmatch.
With that out of the way, have fun everyone. I should be back to normal working conditions somewhere around August 17th, though if the above to do's take too long there's a slight chance I may take a real hiatus or extend this one.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'm at a sleepaway thing for the next month or so. I'll try to do things in time, but please be lenient if I can't.

Should have posted this sooner, but need to study for something, and I need to study hard. Will have decreased activity.
Do not DQ until Saturday, please. If I can order sooner, I will.

So I've got to work at least 60 hours and maybe up to 68 this week, so expect almost no activity until this weekend, when I will catch up on everything.

Also if someone would like to be really nice, I posted a couple matches in the battle tower, and apparently forgot to put in the queue.

Guys,

I would like to place myself in a semi-hiatus state of activity. High School has been tough for quite sometime now, and I don't get as much time these days for ASB. So this means that I will be moderately active, compared to regular activity.

To brief:
  • No new stuff from me (Including Participation in Tourneys, Gym Quals, and stuff).
  • Limited reffing (I will make sure that I pick a small number of RPs, TLRs, Gym and Tourney battles).
  • Lazy but regular updates (as in I may exceed 2 / 3 day DQs, but will post within 7 - 10 days at max).
  • Will try to post regular LOAs, but I think this post kind of explains the reason of the regular LOAs to follow.
  • I have been trying this for a few weeks now, and I think this is working fine for me.
  • There are obviously exceptions, like Raids, TLRs and Flash battles. (Depending on when I get some free time).
So there is that, Cheers!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, been super busy this weekend and it isn't letting up this week either. Don't expect any orders until Wednesday. I will try to referee junk tomorrow.

Frosty

=_=
If you checked my last post on BT, this will make sense to you. While I am not going anywhere soon (I will later, 10 days on august, but that is news for a different post), I am doing a shitload of shit in this forum. This means that due to stupid physics some stuff may/will be delayed. Mainly stuff that require me stopping and thinking on scenarios and shit (looking at ASBuddies mostly, but you can include my gym matches if those ever move and the tourney matches of the next rounds EDIT: OH and include raids here too -_-). So I am humbly requesting a 24h extension on matches I am ordering in. Most of the time I won't need (heck, I am trying to post asap on everything I am up on), but I may need on some.

Thanks for the understanding.

Frosty

=_=
Adding to above: I am sick. Expect very little activity (specially ordering) until I am not. Shouldn't take long though. Hopefully.

EDIT: Feeling somewhat better, so I will get slowly back on track. bug me if I am taking too long to ref your match.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)