Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here so there's still a lot of things i don't quite understand. This seems like the appropriate place to ask any questions that I may have.

My assumption thus far from what I've gleaned from various threads is that people here are able to clone and redistribute pokemon. so, What is the difference between a cloned pokemon and a hacked pokemon? How does being a hacked or cloned pokemon affect it's legitimacy? If i used a cloned or hacked pokemon for breeding purposes, how does that affect the legitimacy of the eggs and the pokemon hatched therein? If I feel inclined to participate in redistributing a pokemon that I've managed to breed (with my vast archive of noobish skills) to the community, how would I go about submitting it for a hack check? If, in the case that redistributed pokemon does indeed mean they are cloned, how is it done? What is the general consensus of using cloned pokemon in battles?

Those are all the questions I have currently. Thank you for your time and sorry for the trouble.

Edit:
Also, what does AR mean?

I just typed in the Darkrai event code in my friends AR, but for some reason, when I go into the Poke'Mart, I see no green-man. I know how the green-man should look since I attended the TRU Manaphy event. I re-typed the code, but it still wouldn't work. My friend is supposed to have left the house already, I've been holding him up for a while for this code. Can someone tell me whats wrong? I want to start SR'ing for Darkrai, and eventually some of the other legends.

Thanks to whoever helps.

I just typed in the Darkrai event code in my friends AR, but for some reason, when I go into the Poke'Mart, I see no green-man. I know how the green-man should look since I attended the TRU Manaphy event. I re-typed the code, but it still wouldn't work. My friend is supposed to have left the house already, I've been holding him up for a while for this code. Can someone tell me whats wrong? I want to start SR'ing for Darkrai, and eventually some of the other legends.

Thanks to whoever helps.
try pressing L and R together. that worked for when I tried using my Darkrai code

Question about Rest. When you go to sleep, is your PP restored?

Thanks to whoever helps.
Just wondering. Have you pressed L + R? You have to press L/R to activate most things to do with an AR.

edit: beaten =/

Thanks Cooper.

...I stupidly shut off my DS before getting the event, and my friend isn't here anymore with his AR =(

Now I have to wait again for tomorrow when he comes. >.>

@anonsequitur: Cloning is done by one of three ways. The first involves using an emerald gamepack, you can look up the various steps for it in the evergrand city forums.

The second involves turning off the power to your gamepack while uploading a pokemon to the gts. I am sure there is a thread about it around here somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

The third involves something called an action replay (ar). I don't really know what it is except that it is a cheat device of sorts.

The first is probably the best way but only works for pokemon without new egg moves and such. The second is very slow and unreliable. The third is thus the most used method. Cloning is generally the only acceptable use of an ar device. Cloning a pokemon does not affect its legitimacy, except for some purists who might object to ar cloning (I don't think I know of any, come to think of it)

Hacking a pokemon is frowned upon. With your opponent's permission, you can use hacked pokes in battle, assuming the hacks are within the bounds of the game (no wondertombs or 252 ev's in every stat). Never try to trade hacked pokemon.

Redistributables are when someone decides to basically give a pokemon away. For example, if someone trades you plust's blissey, you are allowed to make clones of it and put it up for trade in your own thread (actually, I'm not sure on that as I have no activity in the wi-fi thread. Ask someone else for confirmation before doing this).

Think that covers the basics.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
A fourth way is with another hacking device called a "pokesav", which copies your game data onto a computer and lets you edit it as far as I know...

CLoning in this manner will cause your Pokemon to come up as hacked during hack tests. Don't use it XD

Strange math question...

A friend of mine has a Salamence with max Special Attack. 31 IV, 252 EV, Rash nature, the works.

When it reached level 50, it reached the intended total of 178, afterwards he leveled up the Salamence some more. When he decided to use it in the Battle Tower it went back to level 50 but with only 175.

Where did the 3 points go? :/

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Strange math question...

A friend of mine has a Salamence with max Special Attack. 31 IV, 252 EV, Rash nature, the works.

When it reached level 50, it reached the intended total of 178, afterwards he leveled up the Salamence some more. When he decided to use it in the Battle Tower it went back to level 50 but with only 175.

Where did the 3 points go? :/
Looks like the game simply thought "well, if 50 is 100/2, so we can simply get Salamence's stats, calculate how'll they be at level 100 and then divide by 2! AMAZING!". But, as we know games doesn't "think", I don't really know what happened.

It's not like three points will do a huge difference... Focus Sash/Band will screw your friend anyway :D

Well when you get stats added up during lvl up its more different than how Battle Tower is calculated. Like MWL said. The game divides its stats at lvl 100 by 2 or whatever number it is. What its stats are when it reaches lvl 50 might not always be what it is at lvl 50.

True, though in another situation this could be bad if somebody were training for magic numbers and Battle Tower decided to screw them over. Even more frustrating if Battle Revolution did weird things like this too.

Apparrently, aside from the actual levels (F R I E N D), the letters are random.

I found my As in the first chamber on the right, just after walking into the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)