Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Is there a way to change the Header Value then (dunno what it is honestly)? I DID get a different Jirachi on Ruby after starting a new file and RNGing ID/SID, but Sapphire is still getting the static Jirachi it seems.
    Hey Kaphotics, I have a very weird issue with the Colosseum Bonus Disk. I’ve been trying to get a decentish Jirachi from the disk onto my Ruby cart, but I’ve noticed that the same Jirachi is being downloaded to my cart every time, despite different saves. Hozu mentioned it could be the dead battery, so I switched to my live battery Sapphire cart, but still the same Jirachi. Would there be any particular reason why the very same Jirachi is being downloaded to two different carts with live and dead batteries? I uploaded both to Pokecheck (the one from Sapphire wouldn’t upload in G4 for some reason), and it says they both originated from Ruby. They’re under the username @Xeno.
    So yeah, do you by any chance know why the Bonus Disk keeps spitting out the same Jirachi? Any help will be appreciated.
    I cannot find a place to discuss Damage Formula article, so some remarks:
    Huge|Pure Power trigger description doesn't specify that the move should be physical.
    Wonder Room trigger description implies all physical moves deal special damage and that's it, is it really true?
    Sandstorm modifier description is not exactly clear: Is is chained with other multiplyers, or applyed directly?
    And are there any known changes in BW2?
    Hey Kaphotics, don't take this as me being rude, but may I see that doc you have of the trainer data for Black 2 White 2? Or are you just being translating it right now?
    Oh, okay. I'll keep my mouth closed about such secrets. While this might seem to be a stupid question (I'm not even half as qualified as you to discuss this stuff), is the battle RNG derived from the Mersenne Twister RNG? Or are there two separate algorithms? Moreover, has anyone tried using save-states to reproduce AI results and battle RNG results?

While I do have some experience on using emulators, I really can't understand RAM dumps. At the same time, most emulators are really inefficient in using computer resources, it takes 50% of my 2.4 GHz C2Quad and 300MB of my RAM for Pokemon Platinum for 10-15fps. That's not acceptable, if it can run so well on a DS's ARM9/7 CPUs.
    Thank you, thank you! Interestingly, 723898027648 has exactly the same team as the battle which I gave you. Also, in the pastebin file, all the turns from turn 12 have exactly the same data, though I am unable to interpret anything from it. Are the three battles conclusive to any glitch? Also, can it be reproduced?

I'm actually interested in analyzing battle videos and I want to know how it's done. Though, if it is a trade secret of yours, that's okay.
    Kaphotics, I found this really weird battle on the Global Terminal yesterday. It looks like an extreme glitch or form of hacking after turn #12. Can you have a look at this battle: 66-52221-27416? Your analysis will be much appreciated!
    Kaphotics thanks for everything. I'm not sure if I have told you this already but thanks for all you have done. You have helped me learn RNG many times and taught me a lot of other things. Thanks for being there for me and I hope you continue your research and I wish you the best of luck on all you do. Thanks.
    Hi, do you know of any good people who might be able to teach me to RNG?

A lot of the guides fly right over my head, and I only get about half the things they say...
    So strong. Good job to you and everyone else who compiled the formula article!
    I specifically allowed items so you could rape the competition with a Quick Claw Guillotine Kingler
    Hi ive been trying to rng a roamer on an emulator but had no success and i was just wondering if maybe you could help me out? thanks
    For completion's sake, I checked my notepad and Mike's last name was Ellis (I'm pretty damn sure I didn't spell it wrong)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…