alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• since no guard is currently a detriment to doublade more than it is a positive how about hypnosis doublade (not aegislash)?. Unlike spore nothing is immune to hypnosis barring vital spirit and insomnia mons. flavour wise some ghost types can learn hypnosis.
    It fits flavour-wise since Haxorus is too busy rampaging to notice the opponent has stat boosts.
    Theorymon: Unaware Haxorus.

Haxorus can become a catch-all revenge killer to some of the metagame's most dangerous threats with a Choice Scarf equipped. Thanks to Unaware, Haxorus can come out on top no matter how many Dragon Dances/Quiver Dances the opponent has. It wouldn't break it as it still has troubles with defensive Steel and Fairy types, but it would breathe some new life into it.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    Except Unaware doesn't actually ignore Speed boosts.
    Groudon ex
    Groudon ex
    ok then nvm lol
    Theorymon suggestion:
    If magic guard Celebi doesn't win, how about defog Celebi?
    This will finally give it a niche to separate itself from Venusaur, and also is everything defensive defog Latias would want to be, as it can escape the effects of pursuit with baton pass. Flavor-wise, it looks like something that could do some de-fogging I guess since it's a nature pixie (i think).
    Hey man

You have a ton of sets to write on Aegislash, so would you still consider my offer on helping you write several parts of the analysis up?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Yes AG. My computer got stolen, and even though i will buy a new one the next week, i'm not 100% sure about the exact day, so it may be better if you reassign both Aegislash and Tangrowth? If it's ok for you guys to wait another week or so then i can still write them up, but i have already delayed a lot so if you want reassign them.
    I'm not sure if this is legal or not but I have what I think is a pretty cool theorymon suggestion that if nothing else will at least make for some interesting discussion.
    Encore Eevee.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    This would mean that all the Eeveelusions would gain access to encore, which I think is fair as the only one above C- is Sylveon who won't be able to abuse it as well as some others anyway. But we can still say Sylvy doesn't get it.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Umbreon and Vaporeon will no longer be set up bait for certain pokemon. Jolteon will have an extremely fast encore which he can use on electric moves as well up set up and hazards, and Espeon has a reasonbly fast encore that she can use on anything she can bounce.
    A few things:
    Encore Dugtrio: Come in on a support move, encore them into it, get the free kill, and get a free sub up. You could even set up with hone claws.
    Slack Off Mega Aggron: Really it's what aggron needs. wall4dayz
    Extremespeed Ursaring: Another espeed mon, although this one functions differently. It laughs at status, has access to belly drum, and espeed will make up for its low speed.
    Ice Shard Gigalith? The crystals on its body could be compared to shards of ice and with priority, it can revenge kill many threats whist still having a large amount of bulk for setting up stealth rock. Its attack and typing also allow it to wallbreak when equipped with a Choice Band.
    Ok, here's a cool idea: Sheer Force Krookodile. You may be thinking like: what? But, it is actually a really cool Pokemon. First off it gets access to a lot of Special moves such as Earth Power, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb, and Grass Knot. It also has some cool Physical moves like Fire Fang, Earthquake, and Crunch. 1/2
    skies
    skies
    Now, it may appear to be outclassed by Landorus, but Krookodile is a bit bulkier. It also has a powerful STAB Dark Pulse! A cool set could be Dark Pulse / Earth Power / Focus Blast / Grass Knot [or Substitute or Stealth Rock]. But yeah, it'd be cool!
    skies
    skies
    EDIT: Never mind, I just checked and Krookodile has an astounding 65 SpA, thought it was 85 u.u. Sorry lol, my mistake, it sounded cool.
    -Flygon-
    -Flygon-
    Lol that would be cool, if it did have 85. Can't blame you for not getting it right, I've done it many times as well. -_-
    Magic Bounce Uxie. Uxie has always been outclassed in OU by other defensive threats because of her lack of recovery. However, Magic Bounce gives her a chance to shine by making her immune to moves like Taunt and Toxic, that other support Pokemon despise.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    Magic bounce uxie would be pretty beast and I would definitely vote for it if it were to be slated. But just saying, uxie certainly doesn't have relatively poor bulk. It is superior in bulk to shield Aegislash, and that's saying a lot.
    Gonna do another Flareon buff: Unburden. Crazy? Nah, it must shed it's fur, so it makes sense flavor-wise. If you invest 252 EVs in speed you hit 502 speed, if it does indeed double your speed. Just come in on a hit you can take, which can activate a sitrus berry, and go to town! Flare Blitz still limits Flareon's longevity, but that would be what keeps it in check.
    -Flygon-
    -Flygon-
    Or, you could be more daring than a sitrus berry... how about WEAKNESS POLICY??? Flareon could live many different kinds of supereffective special attacks and essentially get a shell smash-esque boost!
    Bisharp is a pokemon that instills fear into all current defog users because they fear a +2 knock off/pursuit/sucker punch ect. If hydriegon got defog it would give it a much needed buff because it would be the only poke in ou not afraid to defog if bisharp is alive. It outspeeds bisharp and takes little from a +2 sucker punch (with defence investment) and can easily ko all variants with superpower.
    Jacks0n
    Jacks0n
    for this to work of course, it needs to have hp investment and enough speed to outspeed 252 speed bisharp and not take much from a sucker punch, the ev's would be something like 32 speed, 252 hp, 120 defence and the rest into attack with adamant nature. It would run superpower, uturn, defog and roost. Just an idea ;)
    Jacks0n
    Jacks0n
    Some calcs:
    +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Hydreigon: 174-205 (44.8 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Hydreigon Superpower vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 360-428 (129 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

you dont even need attack to ohko, heck u could run sp.attack investment. This could work!
    This is probably the millionth Fur Coat idea you have gotten, but Fur Coat Skuntank would be good. It has Defog, Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Taunt which would give it good utility.
    Couple ideas for mons that could finally put a move with a lot of potential to good use:
    Zap Cannon on either Galvantula or Golurk
    Adonzo
    Adonzo
    On Galv, this becomes a 65% accurate 120BP STAB with guaranteed paralysis. Thunder will still be his most reliable damage output, but STAB Zap Cannon is certainly a viable alternative at the very least
    Adonzo
    Adonzo
    On Golurk, he lacks STAB and has a weak 55 SpA stat, but thanks to No Guard Zap Cannon becomes perfectly accurate while still capable of denting the opponent. Although this of course opens up some ParaFusion shenanigans with Dynamic Punch that may not be too popular.
    Hi, I'd like to suggest Fur Coat Mega Houndoom. This gives it great defenses, equivalent to 75/200, or 140/140. Solar Power won't be missed much because of Nasty Plot, which boosts all moves equally without the recoil. Houndoom has good resistances too, with Fire, Ice, Ghost and Dark all being common attacking types.
    abenx
    abenx
    Calcs:
    252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Mega Houndoom: 131-155 (44.8 - 53%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO. 80 HP EVs or 56 Def EVs avoids the 2HKO.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 48 Def Fur Coat Mega Houndoom: 246-291 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. (68 HP / 0 Def also avoids the OHKO.)
    Multiscale Milotic? She gets Marvel Scale, so why not Mutiscale? With it, she can tank hits very well, especially on the special side, and has Recover to heal off damage. Being a defensive Water-type is good, her special attack is alright, she has a good support movepool, and has Scald for her meh-ish defense. I think that this would be a good idea. Maybe not as good as Water/Fairy retype, but it could still work.
    Suggesting Sniper Magmortar. With Focus Energy and a Razor Claw it has 100% crit chance after a turn of setup, boosting its relatively good mixed attacker. It can then function as a wallbreaker with 2.25x crit STAB Overheat spam and usable attack. Also function as a way to get past Unaware users and most importantly is a great threat to BP teams. Crit ignores Sp.Def boosts and it resists Sylveon's Hyper Voice.
    RowDog
    RowDog
    Also differentiates from Kingdra in that it can hit Clefable harder and Kingdra gets walked over by Sylveon.
    RowDog
    RowDog
    Calcs:
    252+ SpA Sniper Magmortar Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon on a critical hit: 307-364 (77.9 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252+ SpA Sniper Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire on a critical hit: 447-526 (113.4 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    Come to think of it this thing is shit scary, but is limited thanks to its speed and average bulk
    Suggesting Intimidate Mega Houndoom. With Intimidate, Mega Houndoom has a surprising about of physical bulk, equivalent of 75/144, and has WoW to further dampen impacts. Houndoom has a very neat set of resistances to Dark, Ghost, Ice, allowing it to beat very common threats easily, as well as having a fantastic speed tier, which lets it handle more threats.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    Solar Power is a useless ability considering Charizard X is better than Mega Houndoom with sun support so there is little to no opportunity cost involved in using Intimidate as an ability.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    With Intimidate, it checks a good portion of offensive threats like Deoxys-S, Pinsir, Mawile, Bisharp, Aegislash without having to worry about their coverage options. With its new-found viability, it also can make better use of its already good match-up against Bisharp, Gengar, Lati@s, Deoxys-D.
    I'm suggesting Mega launcher Hydreigon. Hydreigon really doesn't have much of a place in ou because it is outclassed by latios and goodra. However, with mega launcher, Hydreigon has a niche over the other two by being able to spam really powerful stab moves in dark pulse and dragon pulse and not have to worry about having to switch out every turn because of drops from draco meteor.
    I'm suggesting wonder guard....CHIMECHO. Chimecho is basically just acres away from OU territory, and it kinda has the wonder guard look of a pokemon. This buff could buff chimecho to UU or OU even. It can set up calm mind against a huge part of the tier. I mean, this pokemon just kinda has the wonder guard look to it, so It'd only seem logical. That being said, he keeps his ground immunity :]
    Alright, so i thought all or at least most pokemon with shells get shell smash, turns out i was wrong. I noticed this one water type, that is in UU and i decided to look at his movepool, and i saw no shell smash... so i thought of blastoise getting it. I know it may sound overpowered but it does have counters i assure u it.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Shell smash has been suggested on many pokes before (Torterra, Lapras, etc) and they usually come under "mindless offensive buffs".
    Mareep Sweep
    Mareep Sweep
    Ah thnx a lot, i just thought it would make sense flavor-wise so i suggested it, although i had a little impression it would be OP and that it would fit the recommendations that he made in the OP.
    Alex salemance posted that he can't count the votes this round, but the theorymon page says to pm salemance the votes still...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…