Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Wow. When I was slowly scrolling down that post, I was like, "No wayyy..." (in an impressed tone), then the next picture comes: "Noooo Waayyy... Seriously?!", then the next, then the next: "Whoa, is he going to get 1000 or what!". And sure enough, 1002, and still continuing, wow, that's amazing!

pity there is no good trace trick-lead (or is there?) or else you'd always be able to tell if you were up against a sticky-holder, although it'd still be a watse of an ability given that it's so situational.....
I think the only two trace users are Gardevoir and Porygon2. I dunno, but I think both are probably OK, though not the best. With +speed nature and nearly max speed EVs and Scarf P2 does outspeed the fastest fighting type (and it needs to be +speed to outspeed 838 | Rampardos | Jolly | Choice Scarf | Head Smash | Earthquake | Giga Impact | Superpower | Atk/Spe). It gets Trick, Twave, and Flash as supporting moves, but that's about all. I suppose last move will have to be Recover. Trick/Twave/Flash/Recover seems like it could work.

Gardevoir does not have Flash (but has mud-slap for lowering accuracy lol), but gets Trick/Twave/Memento/Reflect/Light Screen/Charm, faster speed (neutral speed nature still needs near max speed EVs to outspeed Jolly Weavile) but less bulk.

Ok so I just lost at battle 71, lmao, I suck. ;-; 618 Tyranitar froze every single one of my Pokemon to death. =/

Here's the team:

Latios @ Expert Belt
Timid - Levitate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
29/2/29/29/31/31
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant - Technician
248 HP / 88 Atk / 172 Spe
31/31/25/x/30/31
-Baton Pass
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Swords Dance

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Adamant - Inner Focus
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
20/31/30/1/29/31
-ExtremeSpeed
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Reaction to Peterko's slightly obese post:

1. Holy shit.

2. Actually, why am I surprised? It should have been obvious all along this would happen...

3. See Part 1.

4. Gee, I'm glad to not be on dial-up, considering the image overload in that post.

5. See Part 1.

6. Maybe I shouldn't bother with this anymore... that number's ridiculous...

7. Do I even have the time to spend on such a huge streak?

8. I think Peterko likes dragons.

9. See Part 1.

In summary, I'm not really shocked or anything, but congrats on your inevitable 4-digit record, Peterko. That sort of puts me off the Tower, but I can't do it right now anyway... so yeah.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
thanks guys

updated the list after quite some time and it took like 2,5 hours...

congrats Bozo on 301* in the Castle, I´m late because I was occupied by something else ;)

33 with 14 swaps @Factory

gosh, I fucked that up pretty much, Froslass hit with Blizzard three times ( without Hail ), and I accidently pressed Return and not Gyro Ball with my Lickilicky ._.

fucking bull shit stupid game...

latias v heracross
charm, miss
charm, crit, KOes latias (this does not KO uxie!!!)

infernape
even at -4, EQ breaks my sub, I KO with flamethrower

slowking
sub, psychic
sub, psychic,
sub, psychic

ok in blaze range now, crit and hope ttar can clean up
no crit, shit damage, maybe 20%

tyranitar v slowking
protect, surf
sub, surf
.... more of this, except during one turn of protect he uses calm mind like a bitch
stalled out of surf PP, but not enough HP for sub, and i just used protect
go for protect again so i can sub... protect fails. ice beam KOs.

looking at the calcs, sub gets broken regardless at +1 with ice beam.

there's just no justice!

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
no, there usually isn't, but dont get too down, there was a way to win this battle yet

first, ch megahorn kills every pokemon that's weak to it without question, uxie's no better than latias in this regard and actually worse because charm > memento with regard to physical moves

second, at that point, yes you have been gayed, but you know you have to take a chance with your pokes because of it. tyranitar is actually capable of stalling out the rest of heracross's megahorns if you dont get CHed again with protect and sub with a few DDs thrown in there for good measure cause -4 Atk megahorn only does 30-36% there. with sand up you should only really "need" to get to +2 with tyranitar and stil know that you have infernape waiting if there aren't favorable poke matchups for you after you kill heracross. coincidentally you would have been able to ohko slowking easy and majorly dent the third poke and possibly even kill it with smart subbing and protecting to abuse send if you needed it.

a further coincidence is that literally every pokemon would have hated the prospect of taking +2 crunch then infernape's ft/vw by the same token that makes dark/fighting a combination that is resisted by only two pokemon in the game. one of them you literally couldn't have faced since it was the reason you were in that mess to begin with, and not only is toxicroak taking 87-99% from tyranitar's +2 crunch (after three rounds of sandstream when you protect/sub/protect), it has no chance of surviving infernape's flamethrower (an even worse chance if it is Dry Skin).

with a little experience you'll learn things like that after getting gayed at the beginning of a battle. i spoke of the latias/tyra synergy yesterday and am just realizing myself the unique tyra/infernape attacking synergy...you'll want to have tyra out first and attack with a couple DDes under your belt, ready to sacrifice it kind of like with the role my ddtar play on my starmie/tyranitar/garchomp team (id said something like "starmie and garchomp ohko like 90% of the game if tyranitar is dead" which was probably an understatement)

holy motherfucking shit peterko you god of battle tower,thats for sure.
First person to use pure genius and hit 1000+ or only person to hit 1000?
Man your god.Repect man respect.This inspires me to start my 70 battle toer streak with t-tar/nape and lati
Oh and btw bozo has 5th and 1st spot so that may need a little fixing!
well just hit 84 and delighted.man that seems like a small streak after yours :p So jumpman and you fightintg for 10,000.You guys have broken walls and smashed the boundries created by gamefreak/nintendo/pokemon........ya know what I mean.

Hey, it's the Battle Fagtory. It has crits and stupid crap like that EVEN MORE than the other facilities, because both players are using NPC Pokemon, and therefore must get stupid amounts of hax.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Much congratulations Peterko. What does the * following someone's record mean, that they used hg/ss moves?

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait I finally get a new computer so I can actually make the internet work, and I see a 1001 streak.. @__@

Congrats on the streak, Peterko.

I lost at battle 170 with this Latios: (Battle Hall Singles btw)

Latios @ Focus Sash
Timid - Levitate
29/2/29/29/31/31
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

I'm scared of this T-Tar:
H423 | Tyranitar | Brave | Quick Claw | Stone Edge | Crunch | Dark Pulse | AncientPower | Atk/SpA

What strategy do you think I should employ? Surf will do about 45.24% - 53.57% to a min/min Brave Tyranitar. I'm worried about QC activating and it killing me. What should I do? Also, do all of the Pokemon in the Battle Hall have 31 IVs?

EDIT: THANK GOD! I DIDN'T COME ACROSS IT! I don't see how I would have beaten that. Thank god. I'm done with Rock and Dark, so no worries. Any other streak enders that you guys can spot? I'm mostly just going for the Gold Print.

EDIT 2: Lol, I lost at battle 170. I came across a CB Snorlax with Crunch, I Psychic'd hoping for a Sp. Def drop, no such luck, was 2HKO'd by Crunch.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wow that is amazing Peterko. o_O

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Dragon Claw
Outrage
Fire Fang
Earthquake

Self-explanatory. Fast, powerful, etc. It used to pack CB but I realized quickly that Sash is the only way to go. There are only two things I fear. Firstly is missing a 2HKO due to an Outrage miss or some sort of status hax. Second, I'm deathly afraid of

Weavile | Adamant | Focus Sash | Night Slash | Ice Punch | Ice Shard | Quick Attack

This thing ended one of my early runs on a premature note. I finished Dark and Ice for this run

I packed Focus Sash solely for

H372 | Froslass | Calm | BrightPowder | Hail | Blizzard | Ominous Wind | Psychic

My very first run was ended with Dragon Claw missing, Blizzard hitting, OHKO. I was holding CB at the time, so there was nothing I could really do.

Nothing original, just reporting in. Hopefully getting my Gold Symbol at the very least.

On a side note, Garchomp's back sprite is fucking ugly.

edit;; Wow. Just wow. I lost in the most retarded way possible. I want to fucking crucify Argentina.

Walrein vs Chomp, I outrage for ~60% damage, Blizzard hits and activates Sash.
But I was frozen.
And I was freeze haxed so I couldn't attack.

I almost threw my DS out the window.

Lost match 170.

370 | Lanturn | Modest | Rindo Berry | Surf | Discharge | Thunder Wave | Aqua Ring | HP/SpA
418 | Muk | Adamant | Black Sludge | Poison Jab | Shadow Sneak | Minimize | Acid Armor | HP/Atk
459 | Lucario | Modest | Brightpowder | Aura Sphere | Flash Cannon | Water Pulse | Roar | SpA/Spe
371 | Breloom | Impish | Focus Sash | Seed Bomb | Sky Uppercut | Rock Slide | Counter | Atk/Def

I just got to 7 wins (woo...) with this team in the Battle Factory, doubles, open. It started with a Honchkrow, Breloom, and Lanturn. I then switched the Honchkrow with Lucario, and stayed that way until the fifth battle, where Breloom was replaced with Muk. The double battle is rather annoying since you only have 3 Pokemon, but I'm enjoying it so far. The Muk, Lanturn combo worked well. I just minimized with Muk while Lanturn threw out AoE attacks, and then abused the increased evasion to win. First time I didn't get haxed to death on the 7th battle today. Hoping to continue to 14 soon.

Greetings,

I'm new to BT and stuff, but I have one Question: Why do so many people use moves like Trick, Dragon Dance and Sword Dance? As far as I know Trick is the move where you switch Items with your enemy and I can't quite see the use of that (except for maybe destroying the enemys strategy build around a single item...).

Also DD and SD are surly good means to push Atk/Spd, but why would one bother using turns on this, if one could just as well go ahead and bash foreward with Dragon Claw, EQ or whatever? The Boost surely doesn't double the Damage? Could this be due to PP issues? (While EQ having 10 PP unboosted should be more than enogh to dish out the damage that is needed. Or not?)

However, i'm currently copying Jumpman's Starmie/Tyranitar/Garchomp Team, in order to try and get a little Streak for myself. Do you have any Recommendations for beginners at Pokemon Platin Battle Tower?

^-^

I think the only two trace users are Gardevoir and Porygon2. I dunno, but I think both are probably OK, though not the best. With +speed nature and nearly max speed EVs and Scarf P2 does outspeed the fastest fighting type (and it needs to be +speed to outspeed 838 | Rampardos | Jolly | Choice Scarf | Head Smash | Earthquake | Giga Impact | Superpower | Atk/Spe). It gets Trick, Twave, and Flash as supporting moves, but that's about all. I suppose last move will have to be Recover. Trick/Twave/Flash/Recover seems like it could work.

Gardevoir does not have Flash (but has mud-slap for lowering accuracy lol), but gets Trick/Twave/Memento/Reflect/Light Screen/Charm, faster speed (neutral speed nature still needs near max speed EVs to outspeed Jolly Weavile) but less bulk.
i guess then pory would have a similar moveset to peterko's latias (only flash instead of charm). but given their "advantage" is extremely situational at best, its probably not worth it. but thanks for thinking about it :)

thanks guys

updated the list after quite some time and it took like 2,5 hours...

congrats Bozo on 301* in the Castle, I´m late because I was occupied by something else ;)
cheers!! i should have realised you were up to something. but what is next though? gonna try and crack 2000? or maybe 10000? i think you should try and discover how many digits they have programmed in :nerd:

having every crit a turn (and 2 flinches) is something i don't see even in the frontier?
i almost lost my blissey to a freakin' manectric because of stuff like that. was going fine, then i got paralyzed from thunderbolt - the next 2 TB's were crits and i was FP. was sooooo close to fainting when softboiled finally worked..... also this morning was confused, and hit self 4 times in a row before miraculously using softboiled on turn 5 (even though still confused). cannot remember opponent, but it would have murdered the rest of my team.

I just got to 7 wins (woo...)
hey pink long time no see! good luck with the factory :)

Although if you want the gold symbol, use Sala@focus sash outrage/swagger/flamethower/EQ. Garanteed 170... apart from a ~42% win on Weavile.
i've never thought of swagger on salamence. but really, wouldnt the chances be lower? in addition to using swagger, you'll need to attack twice. so you'd need something like:

1. weavile uses ice punch (sash). salamence uses swagger.
  2. weavile hits self. salamence uses outrage (sash).
  3. weavile hits self. salamence uses outrage (KO).
and what you need on each turn is:

1. ice punch does not freeze (90%). swagger does not miss (90%).
  2. weavile hits self (50%).
  3. weavile does not snap out of confusion (??%). weavile hits self (50%).
meaning your odds are actually 0.2025*X where X is the chances of weavile not snapping out of confusion on turn 3 - i dont know what this number is - anyone?

so really, you'd be better to go with fire blast and hope for the burn which happenes with a 25.5% chance. i don't know what Sp Atk stat mence would need to ensure that fire blast does enough damage to KO with burn. the only other idea i had for salamence vs weavile was to use body slam turn one. but then you need to rely on the same odds to get it paralyzed in the first place and have it FP on turn 2.

the only "solution" i came up with was to get ice and dark out of the way quickly - ice makes sense of course, but dark also because it helps you get rid of the ttar threat. (you'll probably get rid of the ttar threat quickly anyway since you'll also want to remove mences other threats which include rock).

EDIT: also, its not a guaranteed 170 at all. dusknoir broke my streak two or three times. he has ice punch and quick claw. ice punch does not OHKO salamence, but outrage does not OHKO dusknoir if QC activates on turn two you're a goner. i actually faced him every time i tried to get to 170, and the time i actually made it, he got a QC activation on turn 1 but not turn 2 lol.....

Woooo!!! 14 wins in the Factory with the first 3 Pokemon I selected from the start.

613 | Electivire | Quirky | Wide Lens | Thunder | DynamicPunch | Rock Slide | Iron Tail | Atk/SpA
511 | Whiscash | Adamant | Persim Berry | Aqua Tail | Earthquake | Rock Slide | Thrash | HP/Atk
554 | Muk | Adamant | Expert Belt | Poison Jab | Fire Punch | ThunderPunch | Ice Punch | HP/Atk

These guys just raped shit up. The great type coverage came in useful. Muk is an absolute tank too. I got SO unlucky in that I faced two teams consisting entirely of grass Pokemon whom had a fancy for OHKO or 2HKOing Electivire with CH and OHKOing Whiscash with SE, STAB. Muke came through though, and Fire Punch + Expert Belt helped a lot.

I got incredibly lucky with Electivire too. I never once missed with Dynamic Punch, nor Thunder. And, on one ocassion got Thunder to hit, paralyze the opposing Gallade, AND have the Gallade be FP all in one turn. If that had not occured, I could have been out on the third battle.

Hopefully onto 21 soon.

Long time no see to you as well Bozo. Congrats on that Battle Castle streak!

i've never thought of swagger on salamence. but really, wouldnt the chances be lower? in addition to using swagger, you'll need to attack twice. so you'd need something like:

1. weavile uses ice punch (sash). salamence uses swagger.
  2. weavile hits self. salamence uses outrage (sash).
  3. weavile hits self. salamence uses outrage (KO).
Did you forget that in turn 2, after weavile hits self, the sash will be useless and outrage will KO after turn 2? :P

was about to blast through to 49 when i got gayed again pre-palmer two! what the fuck hax!

the first two members are completely unimportant... gengar DBs the 2nd poke and leaves me with metagross and garchomp against our 3rd surprise: Wailord!

Earthquake misses five-seven times from Meta and Garchomp and Waterfall 2HKOs (i think it's a brightpowder curse variant i'm too pissed to check)

Llewellyn, I see what you mean about the Latios. Good thing I didn't come across a Blissey. Lol. It's okay, I just wanted the Gold Print, and I got it. I'm going for the Factory now... and if I get frustrated I'll go for the BT again. Does anyone know what would be a good Pokemon to complete my Latios/Scizor combo?

Latios @ Expert Belt
Timid - Levitate
29/2/29/29/31/31
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant - Technician
248 HP / 88 Atk / 172 Spe
31/31/30/5/31/30
-Baton Pass
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Swords Dance

I think I'll stick with Dragonite and somehow get Roost in his moveset. Right now I'm using:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Adamant - Inner Focus
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
20/31/30/1/29/31
-ExtremeSpeed
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

In the higher matches, I think I'm going to switch Latios for Latias for Trick. From Peterko's streak, I can see that Latias is very effective, so I'll probably be using that. =D

[/LIST]
Did you forget that in turn 2, after weavile hits self, the sash will be useless and outrage will KO after turn 2? :P
yes! :P so i make it a 40.5% chance then. what a great strategy!!

anyway, my battle tower streak has come to an end on 165 wins :(

i'd actually typed up a long-ass description of it, but my browser crashed, and all i can be bothered with is:

• salamence - jolly - choice band - outrage, earthquake, aerial ace, rock slide
  • suicune - bold - chesto berry - calm mind, rest, surf, ice beam
  • blissey - bold - leftovers - seismic toss, flamethrower, softboiled, aromatherapy
strategy is almost identical to my battle castle team which ive explained in complete detail here (ignore stuff about castle points etc). the only difference is that now you simply try and get suicune set up. sometimes i wished i could have fit toxic on there, but i really like the ability to pressure stall and come out with +6 sp atk/def.

how i lost:

1. salamence vs walrein. switch to suicune. sheer cold misses.
  2. calm mind. sheer cold hits.
  3. switch back salamence. outrage doesnt KO. sheer cold hits.
  4. switch in blissey. a couple of meaningless seismic tosses while walrein first rests then misses a couple of fissures before nailing me with one.
i'm really proud of my team for how they did, seeing as they are just a bunch of nice pokes who work well, although are susceptable to certain kinds of BT hax. im "glad" that the way they went down was to a OHKO team rather than the ways my 90/91 streaks ended (too many stupid crits).

so, in that battle i had looked up the trainer, and i was unable to determine which walrein he had (he used all 4). in hindsight, when faced with a similar position, i think i would just attack it with outrage from the beginning. if it was the OHKO'er i would either kill it in two turns, or it would OHKO me and murder my whole team, which is about the best i could expect from switching. otherwise it will easily dispose of salamence, but allow suicune to set up easily.

the other thing i thought of to deal with OHKO'ers was putting substitute on suicune in place of ice beam. but i really need it as sometimes an opposing salamence will come in when mine is locked on earthquake, and i'll need suicune to deal with it immediately. if it uses outrage or dragon dance on the switch, i will NOT have enough time to calm mind up and then hit it with NVE surfs.

this streak was the first time i consulted the trainer list (have been using moveset list for some time) and it sure did make things a lot easier. it also made me realise that PI's are to be despised above all other opponents!

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Greetings,

I'm new to BT and stuff, but I have one Question: Why do so many people use moves like Trick, Dragon Dance and Sword Dance? As far as I know Trick is the move where you switch Items with your enemy and I can't quite see the use of that (except for maybe destroying the enemys strategy build around a single item...).

Also DD and SD are surly good means to push Atk/Spd, but why would one bother using turns on this, if one could just as well go ahead and bash foreward with Dragon Claw, EQ or whatever? The Boost surely doesn't double the Damage? Could this be due to PP issues? (While EQ having 10 PP unboosted should be more than enogh to dish out the damage that is needed. Or not?)

However, i'm currently copying Jumpman's Starmie/Tyranitar/Garchomp Team, in order to try and get a little Streak for myself. Do you have any Recommendations for beginners at Pokemon Platin Battle Tower?

^-^
Well the AI basically never switches unless it has no moves that it could possibly touch you with, so Tricking a Choice Scarf to it makes it repeat one move, and after that you typically lower stats/paralyze, switch to your Pokemon that resists the move it's stuck with, and stat up so you can just power through most of the time. It's certainly not that simple but you might want to read through the thread because other people can explain it way better than I could.

I was playing in the Factory some when I was gone but I've had such little luck, I usually get haxed like crazy (yeah, it's the frontier, the AI does it to us all), so I've only made it to 38 at level 100. I'm still trying though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)