- Draco Meteor

Zapdos @ Leftovers
252 HP/160 Def/92Sdef/4 Speed
Bold

- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Protect
- Substitute

Thoughts on team? Still fairly new to the tower, but am having quite a good time so far.
Special walls will be a huge problem for you. In DP, Blissey 1 (Counter/Toxic/DT/Softboiled @ Leftovers) can stall out your entire team: you have no physical attacks (except Fake Out), and you'll be hard-pressed to do enough damage with special attacks. For instance, Kingdra's Draco Meteor only does 22-26% (33-39% with Helping Hand). Sub Zapdos can block Toxic and maybe try to Pressure-stall, but that's about it. If Bliss gets some DTs and starts spreading Toxic, you're pretty much doomed. This is the worst-case scenario, but you get the idea.

If memory serves, only Collector Kelton uses Blissey 1. (I think Kelton's sprite is female, if that helps.) There's no guarantee that Kelton will even have B1 if you encounter her, but if she does...

Things like Regice and Snorlax will be trouble too: you have no SE attacks on them. Rain teams generally rely on special sweepers and Surf, but there's got to be a way to break walls: physical Fighting attacks are probably your best bet, as these beat Blissey, Lax, Ice, TTar. But definitely something, even if it's just Toxic on Zapdos.

I'd recommend a physical/mixed attacker in there: Gyarados, Kabutops (Swift Swim, gets Superpower/Brick Break), mixed Kingdra with Waterfall, maybe even Floatzel.

In Platinum, Blissey is nerfed somewhat - the 'horror' Bliss has no Lefties, and none have any Def EVs. In DP, they're all HP/Def, and three of them have Counter :(

Thanks, DrDimentio and Bozo! I only have that Munchlax and a Snorlax plush (both BDay gifts from my pokemon buddy).
Oh, that reminds me... I do have a Pokemon figure after all - a Pikachu (which comes in a Poke Ball) which I received for my 7th birthday, back in 2000 when Pokemon was actually 'cool'! But a Pikachu would be lame in a record picture...

The Frontier has no sense of shame...
  1. trick - i get lax insense, gaydol gets choice scarf. gaydol explodes!
  2. i send in salamence, mainly for the intimidate. they send out flygon. it's a set 4, 21 IVs trainer, so i know it is slower than my salamence. outrage KO's the flygon. (i toyed with other ideas - someone argue with me if you think there was a better move.)
  3. in comes magnezone. outrage does about 30-40%. he uses thunderbolt, for about 60-70%. salamence becomes confused - lum - yes!
  4. EQ for the win!
i did toy with a couple of options on turn 2:

• sub a few times - hope for a 2 turn outrage (from flygon), then confusion on 3rd sub. knowing my luck in these kinds of things, i didnt want to risk it.
  • switch to registeel on outrage, switch back to salamence when it finishes, hopefully on an EQ. repeat until registeel can "safely" set up. i really dont like this option though, because the AI seems to randomly choose stone edge (for the possible CH chance lol), and even at -1 or -2 outrage still does stacks to registeel.
but yeah, i got pretty lucky on that one!
I think you've been getting unusually lucky (by Tower hax standards) on several battles in your streak... that paralysis actually helped you in that situation, which is a rare occurence.

@DrDimentio - the release of HG/SS in australia?
This post doesn't count since I had to reply to several things, but... nope, it's actually something Smogon-related... but it's probably not worth speculating in public! </suspicious>

Haven't run into that yet (chansey in early round was easy enough though). special walls are obviously a pain, but when isolated 2v1 they fall and cant do much in return. that blissey loses to zappy at least.

snorlax hasnt been too bad so far, he cant wall too many high powered surfs. seen one regice who gave me some problems, but I really think this team can circumvent physical pokes - i will test mixdra though after this streak ends (over 100 now).

I ran kabutops originally and he barely had any role. he is doubtlessly a beast, but zap gives my team lots more. will see how this team goes, but excluding mega hax (which this team handles better than most) or a special defence loaded team i cant see too many weaknesses. thanks for advice, will def watch out for said blissey!

I think you've been getting unusually lucky (by Tower hax standards) on several battles in your streak... that paralysis actually helped you in that situation, which is a rare occurence.
yes, i have certainly had some luck, but i've always said you need a bit to get a good streak. that being said, i've really only reported on battles where i've had some luck (and these incidents of good luck have usually come in matches where the opponent has had far more luck early on, so that the luck would still be in the AI's favour when added up). it's probably about 5 or so really lucky matches in my 1100 or so battles so far. i dont usually say stuff like:

Bozo said:
hey guess what guys, i had a really close battle that went like this:

1. latias used trick - latias obtained chesto berry, slowbro received choice scarf. slowbro used calm mind.
  2. switch in salamence. sub + DD x6.
  3. EQ for the OHKO! in comes manectric.
  4. EQ for the OHKO! in comes torterra.
  5. outrage for the OHKO! phew!!
hehe ;)

This post doesn't count since I had to reply to several things, but... nope, it's actually something Smogon-related... but it's probably not worth speculating in public! </suspicious>
oh it counts matey!! but....... i have an idea! DrDimentio's trade thread!!! hope so :)

It seems completely pointless to try and obtain a high streak in any of the battle facilities because Jumpman, or some other high streak gaining smogon user will just top it, I think I'm pretty much done with this boring frontier, just to get on some list that barely anyone reads anyway and it doesn't matter that much anyway. Farewell boring Battle Frontier.
a most admirable attitude to have in life.

the good thing is that you actually felt it was worth it to type a 4 line paragraph to inform us losers about your opinion of situation, and your subsequent decision regarding the matter. there is hope for you yet.

I just had a change of heart, pokemon is cool again, I always have those kind of conflicting thoughts whether to give up on playing a game or not:)

Just lost at 125 wins. Here is the battle, I definitely could have won even though it was a bad matchup for my team.

He starts off with Mamo/Lapras, neither of whom are particularly threatening so I GK off the bat.

Ludi GK's Lapras for 75%
Mamo Stone Edge's Ludi for around 45%
Lapras Tbolts Vap for 35%
Vap sets up Rain Dance

A reasonable start.

Vap uses Helping Hand
Ludicolo uses Surf - Mamo faints, Lapras recovers health
Lapras uses Tbolt - Vap loses around 35% again

Helping hand wasn't necessary, but I didn't want to switch and ice beam does pitiful damage on Lapras. I wasn't sure if Lapras had Water Absorb, in any case.

Now he sends out Abomasnow - a pokemon my team REALLY hates. I made a terrible move here that cost me the match. I really have no idea what caused me to make the move....

Ludi ice beams Aboma for about 1/3 (bad bad move)
Aboma blizzards Ludi to low health.
Lapras kills Vap before I can rain dance.

I send out Zappy to set up rain.

Zappy uses rain dance.
Ludi kills Lapras with GK
Aboma uses blizzard and kills Ludi and crits Zapdos (I would have survived otherwise, with at least 20%) for the double KO.... really bad. Kingdra in rain is still a shot though, unless...

He sends out Regice. Game over.

I dragon pulse Aboma, which actually survives and blizzards (misses), Regice Ice beams me.
I DM his Regice (a crit and miss from aboma would give me a win), but no such luck.

If I had GK'ed Lapras, I would have had all 4 pokes vs Aboma/Regice under rain which would have definitely been a winning scenario. Had his Aboma not have hit both my pokes and scored a critical hit on Zapdos with that Blizzard, it would have been interesting. Still may have lost though - this loss was primarily due to one bad move.

Don't think the team needs any changes. Vaporeon could probably do with another move than ice beam, and I should probably consider Mixdra. A better Aboma-handling method is also a good idea, as it hurts me both offensively and defensively.

rate this bt team pl0x

starmie modest expert belt natural cure 81 attack 104 defense 141 spA 105 spD 139spd tbolt ice beam surf psychic

tyranitar jolly lum berry sand stream 161 attack 125 def 101 spA 126 spD 89 spd crunch rock slide dragon dance earthquake

garchomp jolly life orb sand veil 154 attack 112 def 92 spA 99 spD 140 spd dragon claw crunch earthquake stone edge

pretty much jumpman's team but to lazy to make new 'chomp and does any1 think i should add lucario and or weavile

@BeatenByBulbasaur: First turn you should have Grass Knot Mamoswine. None of the Mamoswines run speed, and all of them are OHKO'd by Ludicolo's grass knot. I'm guessing... you might just be afraid it's the Sheer Cold Lapras? Otherwise, if you can OHKO a lead, you should always do it. Also, if you want something to fight better against Abomasnow (and ice types in general), you can give Toxicroak a try if you haven't already. Low Kick (which is probably its best fighting STAB in terms of power + accuracy) is only HG/SS though.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol I lost above 170 against rank10 dark type, again...guess what? umbreon killed me

battle #180:
confuse ray - hurt itself
sucker punch CH - hurt itself
facade CH - hurt itself
sucker punch - KO

if my poké didn´t hurt itself turn 2 or 3 I would´ve won :/ because the CHs were actually helpful in my case

I started playing again two days ago after a break (28.2. -> 10.3.) and lost early twice, medicham is a bitch and argenta pulled a hax regice at #50 that my second set is supposed to take care of, but I would´ve won without the fully para on my side just when ice CH avalanched :/

197 and 179 are my best attempts so far with this poké, I´m 2-1 up against argenta at #170

EDIT: damn it! I beat argenta once more, but lost before 200 again...190 wins this time

lost battle #191 against aerodactyl...it used sandstorm turn1 and, basically, I needed at least rand.89 on both of my attacks (or at least rand. 91 in one of them) to 2HKO even after lefties and I "risked" the second attack, instead of choosing the "it´s easy to be a general after a war" option that would´ve given me the win...

well, unless the oponents don´t have 26 IVs after 170...still sucks

Peterko

Never give up!
lol nope

if you really wanted to know what I´m using, you could figure it out from the aero case with some reverse calcs and stuff, you shouldn´t bother though

I´ll post what it is sooner or later, I want to get over 200 and possibly beat those two dragons that spam the list, the third dragon is probably out of my reach hmm

today, I lost to houndour twice <10 haha (yes houndour), argenta pulled an infernape at #50 and I still could´ve won (she didn´t FO) with the moveset that normally can´t beat ape, but I clicked the wrong move, now medicham killed me at #16

just trying to work out why a crit might help you. if it's not that im guessing it must be something like blaze/swarm etc, where being at low health is some kind of advantage. if so, there's several things it could be.

well good luck :) just out of curiosity (its been ages since i did this with salamence), how long does it take to get to 170ish? its about 57 lots of 3, but i'm guessing a lot quicker than 57 BT battles, given there will be loads of OHKO's and 2HKO's.

Peterko

Never give up!
thanks

it´s not about low HP after the CH, it´s about the damage increase and sometimes you want to send...

yeah if you don´t have long battles it´s around 10 minutes per rank, argenta around 11 minutes...so about 3 hours or a bit more

the reason why I´m losing to stuff like houndour is because the two movesets I use are created to deal with rank10 stuff and I didn´t bother making specific sets to beat every pokémon in a type...I also lost to magcargo and charmeleon before lol

thanks

it´s not about low HP after the CH, it´s about the damage increase and sometimes you want to send...

yeah if you don´t have long battles it´s around 10 minutes per rank, argenta around 11 minutes...so about 3 hours or a bit more

the reason why I´m losing to stuff like houndour is because the two movesets I use are created to deal with rank10 stuff and I didn´t bother making specific sets to beat every pokémon in a type...I also lost to magcargo and charmeleon before lol
WOOOOOOOBBBBBAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: ?

Peterko

Never give up!
nope, not bobba fett...although it almost beat me an hour ago or so

today´s tries were pretty bad
Houndour
Medicham
Infernape (#50)
Houndour
Medicham
Heatran

all under 50 (or rather <21), plus I just lost to steelix at battle #140 because I misplayed :/

hmm is everyone and their mother playing HGSS right now?

it is supposed to come out on the 26th here, so I´m stuck with plat. for now :)

I'm pretty interested in what that hall pokemon is, haha.

From the info given... Losing to all those fire (and fighting) types <21 seems to hint at it being a steel type, but losing to Aero would not make much sense then since it can't hurt steels much (except possibly Lucario?).

Sandstorm being an issue suggests that the pokemon is using only special attacks. lvl 100 Modest Lucario Aura Sphere does 45.7 - 54% to +1 SpDef lvl 96 Aerodactyl, which doesn't totally match the required rand 89/91 (requires higher than that). Also, Lucario losing to Houndour does not seem make sense either.

About the crit being helpful, but not anger point / blaze / swarm... The thing left I could think of off the top of my head is Reversal. ... Lucario Reversal doing too low damage to Houndour?

I don't know why. For some reason I just keep thinking it's Lucario, even though I'm probably wrong. Well, I guess we'll see!

EDIT: O yeah, I haven't bought HG/SS yet. I'm going to get SS since my friend's getting HG. No time to play, will buy in mid-April probably.

nope, not bobba fett...although it almost beat me an hour ago or so

today´s tries were pretty bad
Houndour
Medicham
Infernape (#50)
Houndour
Medicham
Heatran

all under 50 (or rather <21), plus I just lost to steelix at battle #140 because I misplayed :/

hmm is everyone and their mother playing HGSS right now?

it is supposed to come out on the 26th here, so I´m stuck with plat. for now :)
wobba would be pretty fun though, eh? EDIT: eh, loses to dark types with special moves, and ghost types with physical moves. (lol destiny bond!)

struggling to think of what it could be. perhaps scizor (serious fire weakness etc), although i struggle to see how losing health helps him (given that you said it isnt swarm). also he's too slow to make sash+reversal a serious option. oh well, i guess you'll tell us one day. counter-gar??

HG/SS comes out here in a week or two - i've preodered SS - can't wait - i never played GSC, so i dont yet know what all the fuss is about :)

EDIT: i've just found the answer to something i've always been curious about. i saw entei, suicune, raikou all on the same team in a battle today - i'd never seen the complete trio from any generation (regi's, birds, dogs) before that.

Reached 210 undefeated with my rain dance team now. Has come close to losing on four occasions (3 due to hax) and one due to an annoying pokemon that I now have to be wary of.

At about 40 I ran into a sash/guillotine gliscor that caused me grief, and I had to pressure stall it with zapdos (lol).

2nd problem was a grass team with a sceptile critting vap and kingdra. Zapdos was forced to beat 1HP exeggutor and a full health breloom. Even with spore lasting 5 turns, breloom couldn't touch me.

Around 150 I ran into a bit of trouble against a team due to hax. It ended up with Zapdos 2v1 vs Absol and Sceptile with 3 turns left due to perish song (wtf Absol), with Zapdos 2HKOing the Sceptile and killing Absol just in time. I wasn't even sure if it would count, but luckily winning on final turn makes perish song irrelevant.

Last problem was a CM/roost/lum Latias that caused me a LOT of problems, I did hax it eventually which led to me winning. It led with a Zapdos which I faked out, but I now view Latias as a bigger threat as there are worse problems than losing a pokemon (Zapdos can't OHKO vap, and unlikely on Ludi anyway). I am fairly sure I would have lost this without the crit.

i lost battle 1160, which means my finished streak is 1159 :( i'll update with pics etc when i have time.

EDIT: who said pikachu isn't tough :pirate:

here's the video of my demise.

dragon tamer - usually pretty easy. sends out rhydon. tldr - quick claw horn drill.
1. quick claw activates. rhydon uses horn drill - its a OHKO!
its pretty much over at this point. there was a 1/4 chance it was this rhydon, a 1/3 chance it'd pick this move, a 1/10 chance its quick claw would activate, and a 3/10 chance it would hit. i feel like its a pretty long shot (1/400 odds from the time i saw rhydon come out - similar to 5 consecutive OHKO moves hitting), but there's actually nothing any trick lead can do about this possibility.

i have 2 options here, both of which are pretty bad. this rhydon has stab supereffective base 100 moves against both my remaining pokes, not to mention a OHKO move, and the ever present threat of quick claw. i could try and switch between registeel/salamence, hoping it would do the logical thing of EQ against steel and SE against salamence. but from experience, i know it sometimes chooses stone edge randomly when there are more logical moves to use. also theres nothing to stop it from using horn drill at some random point.
2. i send in registeel. i decide i'll at least try and get one or two iron heads in, hoping to bring it into KO range for salamence's EQ, just in case - registeel is faster afterall (besides, i could flinch it a few times in a row, right? lol). so... iron head does about 30-40%, and EQ takes me down to about 40hp.

3. quick claw activates again, and EQ KO's steel.
if this hadnt happened, salamence would have had a guaranteed KO with EQ. oh well.... its not like i'm expecting to win at this point.
4. i send in salamence. my only hope is to sub, hoping for stone edge to miss (or for him to choose horn drill and it miss), all the while hoping that quick claw does not activate. in past experience, subbing while hoping for something to be FP, this never works for me. so.... sub. stone edge, sub breaks.

5. sub. stone edge. sub breaks.
no luck so far, but at least QC hasnt been a bastard.....
6. quick claw activates. rhydon used stone edge. ahhhh you bastard.... thats it...... good game...... farewell battle tower..... but wait... stone edge missed. salamence used sub. maybe, just maybe.....

7. salamence used dragon dance. rhydon used stone edge. sub breaks.
i have an easy KO now as EQ does a minimum of about 165 and the rhydon is more like at about 140. also, this is a dragon tamer, so theres a chance the backups will be something like kingdra and salamence, both easy KO's with outrage. i am a little hopeful now......
8. quick claw activates. rhydon used stone edge. KO's salamence.
but no such luck.

so that's it, a rather predictable way to end my streak - the frontier essentially decided it was time to boot me out. in my opinion, this doesnt make me any better than the people further down this list, or any worse than those above. the frontier decides when you're finished. if you can get a streak of about 300 i think you're pretty good, and your fate is really at the mercy of the frontier. i dont think there is a single team imagineable that could beat this kind of trick team without some kind of insane hax, so its just a matter of sitting around waiting for it to happen (3x crits to DrDimentio, 4x guillotine to peterko, etc).

i cant be bothered calculating the odds of all that hax. of the 4 QC activations (in 8 turns lol) three were crucial to the outcome, none more so than the first though - if this hadnt happened, salamence would have had a relatively easy set-up, depending on how many times horn drill broke my sub. ok stone edge did miss that turn, but guess what - it hit 4/5 times, and it is an 80% accurate move, so i guess i was owed one.

my first thoughts were that garchomp would have had a better time than salamence here, resisting stone edge. but i saved the video, and checked out the backup pokes - he also had a steelix and sceptile - and i ended up not so sure. depending on the movesets of the backups, it could have gone either way. if garchomp had EQ'd the rhydon on turn 4, it would have had to face steelix+sceptile naked - if sceptile came out first garchomp would have to outrage, and then steelix has a free move or two - one of the three possible steelix's has ice fang (and shuca berry), and would easily defeat garchomp, and the sceptiles could all hurt him (they all outspeed garchomp - dragon pulse mucks him up and a crit leaf blade would be trouble too - neither being a OHKO, but enough to give steelix a pretty easy win). needless to say if garchomp had chosen anything else on turn 4, it was just giving the rhydon extra turns to OHKO with horn drill (and allowing QC more opportunities to screw you). also, there have been other battles ive been glad to have salamence instead of garchomp - this streak would not have been this long the other way around. so i feel like i couldnt have done much more to win this battle.

not really sure what i'll do now (if anything) in pokemon. i do have a current battle castle streak of a few hundred going - not sure how big as i havent looked at it for a while. i might just wait til HG/SS hit australia...

i lost battle 1160, which means my finished streak is 1159 :( i'll update with pics etc when i have time.
You lost to a Dragon Tamer using Rhydon, Steelix and Sceptile. Nice dragons, mate! Apparently we also have dragons hopping around our country...

Your big streak was a nice way to say goodbye to Platinum's Tower for the last time, right? Anyway, I'd be pretty happy if I were you, considering that you made 1000 (that was my goal) and after that it's just down to even more luck to get further.

so that's it, a rather predictable way to end my streak - the frontier essentially decided it was time to boot me out. in my opinion, this doesnt make me any better than the people further down this list, or any worse than those above. the frontier decides when you're finished. if you can get a streak of about 300 i think you're pretty good, and your fate is really at the mercy of the frontier. i dont think there is a single team imagineable that could beat this kind of trick team without some kind of insane hax, so its just a matter of sitting around waiting for it to happen (3x crits to DrDimentio, 4x guillotine to peterko, etc).
I actually never suspected you were going to lose to hax. And I agree that after around 300, all teams have proven their worth in the Tower.

would have had to face steelix+sceptile naked
That would be nasty indeed...

not really sure what i'll do now (if anything) in pokemon. i do have a current battle castle streak of a few hundred going - not sure how big as i havent looked at it for a while. i might just wait til HG/SS hit australia...
I'm going to wait until HG is out as well. No more Platinum Frontier for me.

Lost at 234 in DP doubles tower. Lost to a team of Blastoise/Sceptile/Meganium/Swampert. Normally I dispose of these teams easily, but no such luck....

I fake out Sceptile and both Blastoise and Vaporeon set up rain dance on turn 1. Next turn I kill Sceptile before he can attack, and Blastoise fires off a focus blast at Ludi for <1/2 health. So far so good.

In comes Meganium. I fire off ice beams at it, it just survives and Blastoise crits Ludi with a focus blast, KOing it. Meganium hits Vap for < 50% here.

I send out Zapdos, wanting to deal with this Blastoise. Before I can thunder it, it activates quick claw and fires off a critical hit hydro pump killing Zapdos (1/5 * 4/5 * 1/16 = 1% chance). Meganium then crits Vaporeon before I can move. Wow. 3 consecutive critical hits is unluckier than 1/1000.

Kingdra comes in and surfs Meganium to death and does a little under half to Blastoise. Blastoise fires off something. Rain stops and in comes Swampert. I finish off Blastoise, then fire a Draco Meteor at swampert which brought it to red, but it EQ's me to death. Really bad luck here, I have beaten teams like this a million times. Enough of DP doubles, this was a really good streak and I had a great time though. Will try this team again in HG when I pick it up.

You lost to a Dragon Tamer using Rhydon, Steelix and Sceptile. Nice dragons, mate! LOL!! i didnt think of that - what a cheat :S Apparently we also have dragons hopping around our country... apparently we ride them to work sometimes :)

Your big streak was a nice way to say goodbye to Platinum's Tower for the last time, right? Anyway, I'd be pretty happy if I were you, considering that you made 1000 (that was my goal) and after that it's just down to even more luck to get further.

yeah true, i cant complain - 500 was my initial goal, but once i got there, i knew 1000 was possible barring hax (of this kind). i'm perfectly happy with the streak, and in fact i was really slowing down a lot, and wondering if it would take me another 6 months to get to 2000 lol....

I actually never suspected you were going to lose to hax. really?? why? because most of my other streaks ended to some kind of stupidity on my part? you could be forgiven for thinking so i spose ;) actually, i'm "happy" it ended that way, where i really didnt have any say in the matter...... And I agree that after around 300, all teams have proven their worth in the Tower.

That would be nasty indeed... indeed :)

I'm going to wait until HG is out as well. No more Platinum Frontier for me. hmmmm..... ive already played a few battle castle battles - knowing about which trainers have which pokemon means i can save even more CP - if you see they have say venusaur, slowbro, steelix, then you only need to check one of them to see which set they are using (if they have 3 water types however, they could be anything)
so, you're getting HG then? ive preordered SS myself. we'll have to battle your ho-oh against my lugia - HYYYPAAARRRRR BEEEEEEEMZZZZZZZ :nerd:

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
umm, im a relatively new member so dont yell at me if im not supposed to post this kind of stuff here please :D,

but im currently on a 224 platinum double battles streak in battle tower, so as soon as it ends ill post it up

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
wow i jinxed myself -.- l0l it ended at 225 gf -.- ill post the right way and everything in a bit, but i need to find a way to get a pic for proof cause i know you won't believe me without it...so when i get that ill post it up.

firecape

This is the end...
This was a 225 streak that ended with a lot of major hax

The team:

zapdos @ focus sash
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31/20/30/31/31/31
EV spread: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Attk / 252 Speed
Moveset:
~ discharge
~ thunderbolt (for when garchomp faints)
~ heat wave
~ hidden power (ice, 68 power)

This goes great with my other lead, and is the only one on my team i know the ivs for, although the rest have fairly good ivs in their chosen attacking stat and speed. The hidden power gave me a dilema, but in the end i choose ice for the pesky ground pokes that resist stab electric moves, while it also deals acceptable damage to dragons who otherwise would make all of zapdos's atack not very effective.

Garchomp @ yache berry
nature: adamant
evs: 4hp/ 252 attack/ 252 speed
moveset:
~ earthquake
~ rock slide
~ dragon claw (more reliable than outrage)
~ crunch

This guy works great with zapdos, both have 2 moves that hit both opponents without hurting each other at all. Great coverage and good speed for their attack power. They are almost never 1hitko'd excluding crits, garchomp can withstand almost any ice attack with the help of yache berry unless it is STAB ice. Zapdos cant get k0d on first turn unless they double team cause of focus sash, unless there is weather

Lucario @ life orb
evs: 44hp/ 232 attack/ 232 speed (i wanted it to have a little more bulk, this usually ensures it is 3hitk0d at the most by blizzard
moveset:
~ extremespeed
~ close combat
~ shadow claw (go away froslass)
~ protect

Without this guy my team would be owned by ice teams, but he can usually turn it around with close combat, as only three ice types commonly used in BT aren't weak to it, but two are weak to shadow claw (Jynx and froslass), and the third (articuno) is 4x weak to rock and weak the electric which means zapdos and garchomp can make quick work of it. Lucario also doubles as a clean up killer with extremespeed and can hit ghosts with shadow claw who would otherwise prove problematic (it could have been crunch but garchomp has that, and it would be redundant). It has protect so garchomp and gyarados can earthquake if they need to while it's in. I was originally going to put metagross in this slot because it is more tank oriented then lucario, but metagross is dreadfully slow in my opinion, and its stab meteor mash, although strong, is neutral against the water-ice types that my team has trouble with after zapdos faints.

Gyarados @ wacan berry
evs: 4hp/ 252 attack/ 252 speed
moveset:
~dragon dance
~stone edge
~waterfall
~earthquake

After a dd it rapes pretty much everything, wacan berry lets it laugh at electric attacks while it dd's in there face then downs them with earthquakes, also intimitade (the most overpowered ability in doubles) helps alot. This guy comes in before lucario unless they have ice types, but stone edge over other option so if it needs too it can deal k0s to ice types. This was origanlly going to be starmie as an ice resist pokemon, but gyarados's intimidate and the fact that lucario already resists ice makes gyarados a better option in my opinion.

My team has problems with ice teams, which i tried to cut down with lucario, but both leads are weak to it. I lost to an ice team with a little bit of hax on the side in the end.

Also, i have a problem with the lati twins. Both of them normally outspeed my leads and slam garchomp with draco meteor (which it always dies too -.-) or an ice beam(which it usually survives), and i can do little to respond to that with garchomp gone, however if a lati uses an ice attack on garchomp (they hardly ever target zapdos) garchomp will survive unless it is a crit, and then i will usually focus fire and take them out with a hidden power ice and dragon claw (sometimes i kill with crit or what not but i always focus fire to make sure they get eliminated, and never rely on dragon claw alone). The white herb latias is a bitch and would usually be able to take out zapdos and garchomp with 2 draco meteors, as hidden power ice from zapdos doesn't 1hit ko ever and if they draco meteor they target garchomp always and then they will usually target an ice attack for zapdos which i dont care because of focus sash, after a lati kills one of my pokes I switch in lucario and shadow claw/extremespeed depending on its health, this usually takes care of it, and the second poke can be a pain because obviously im not fighting just the lati, but i usually do ok, and this is just me worrying a lot :o, but most of the time i do lost at least garchomp. I know this problem could be solved by making garchomp jolly to outspeed them, but i just think the power of adamant outweighs being able to outspeed to lati twins.

*just a little fun fact- i had a battle facing typlosion infernape blaziken and swampert, i found it pretty amusing, they got raped but they tried bless them.

now to the loss:

They lead with Abomasnow and glaceon, o crap an ice team :[… first turn goes like this:
Switched garchomp to lucario, because garchomp always seems to get 1hitkod by glaceon >_>
Zapdos used heat wave! Its supereffective! Abomasnow fainted, then it missed glaceon -.-
Glaceon used blizzard! It’s a critical hit! Zapdos held on using its focus sash!
Its not very effective…lucario is frozen! (I forget the wording don’t kill me…now it doesn’t really matter how much health lucario has atm but it was a little over ½ if im pretty sure, I didn’t think I would have to remember the battle that well, it was a run of the mill ice team which my secondary two usually can handle fine…)
Great…zapdos dies to hail
I send out gyarados because glaceon still would have killed garchomp, and they send out mamoswine
I used dragon dance on gyarados thinking to set up a sweep and try to make a come back, I think I should have attacked though seeing as lucario was owned, but I was still hoping for one of those first turn defrosts :[
Gyarados used dragon dance!
Lucario is frozen solid!
Mamoswine used earthquake, I forget how much health the glaceon was left with, and it killed lucario.
Glaceon used blizzard! I think gyarados was around 1/3 hp (I don’t really remember exactly >_<)and lucario died this turn…
Good so I had a 1/3hp gyarados with my garchomp and he has 3 pokes left
Gyarados used waterfall! Lmao it missed…gf mamoswine think it might have been the brightpowder one too on top snow cloak…well I killed glaceon with garchomp (I forget what attack sorry…) and mamoswine used ice punch which didn’t kill (<3 yache berry, and the intimidate), but of course with battle tower hax garchomp was frozen!
Last poke was lapras…wonderful I now have to rely on a 80 accuracy move (stone edge) to kill lapras…(I really wanted to put wide lens but I think the benefits of wacan berry outweigh it..idk tho). Or garchomp can unfreeze!
I kill mamoswine with waterfall and garchomp dies to avalanche from lapras(obviously he doesn't unfreeze >_<)...i was relying on garchomp unfreezing to ko lapras here or else i knew i was done...
Now my gyarados is in low health from the hail damage…I look up lapras…the only one with avalanche also has ice shard F***.
Lapras used ice shard! It’s a critical hit!(just had to throw that in there i guess battle tower…im sure it would have koed without the critical…) game -.-
After garchomp froze i was really done seeing as my gyarados was low hp and it was 1 v 2 in the battle towers favor.

I shouldn't have lost this battle it was filled with hax (and 2 freezes wth is that seriously!!!)

this is a link to proof pic: http://yfrog.com/6w1000581bj its at imageshack i tried to post using the picture thing on this, but everytime i did it was like 4x bigger than this entire post as it is right now...

now i proofread this but there still might be mistakes, and sorry if i did anything wrong but, at the time im posting this my postcount is a whopping 3, so, as you can see, im new at this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)