B&W Research Thread

This will require knowledge of how great the boost from the Elemental Jewels is, but...

During the turn Acrobat is used and the Flying Jewel is consumed, does Acrobat have 110 BP, or 55 BP?

Acrobat

This will require knowledge of how great the boost from the Elemental Jewels is, but...

During the turn Acrobat is used and the Flying Jewel is consumed, does Acrobat have 110 BP, or 55 BP?

I tested. My hiyakki(water monkey) attacked Rhyperior in Black City, and I found 'Acrobat+Jewel' stronger than 'Acrobat+No item'.

I think Jewel's consumption is first, and Power-up Acrobat is second. Can you understand what I say?

1. pokemon X use Acrobat.
2. X's Jewel Consumed.
3. X have no Item. So, Acrobat's base power raise to 110.

BONUS : It is text when Juwel consumed. Can you read it?

(Type)ジュエルは (Move's name)の いリょくを つよめた.
(Type)jewel raised (Move)'s power.

thank you so much! actually I woke up today with the solution on how heavy bomber works (don´t know but my brain sometimes solves stuff when half-asleep/asleep) and your test results prove it

heavy bomer mechanics:

A) 120 base power, if target´s weight is lower or equal to 1/5 (20%) of user´s weight
B) 100 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/5 (20%) of user´s weight and lower or equal to 1/4 (25%) of user´s weight
C) 80 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/4 (25%) of user´s weight and lower or equal to 1/2 (50%) of user´s weight
D) 60 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/3 (33.3%) of user´s weight and lower or equal to 1/2 of user´s weight (50%)
E) 40 base power, if target´s weight is greater than 1/2 (50%) of user´s weight
Amazing, can't believe you figured that all out in your sleep lol

Sorry that i'm a bit late on the results, i had a busy weekend and these tests usually take 2 hours.
I replaced Larvitar by Grumpig(71.5kg) and Dusclops by Luxio(30.5), as i can't make them to have 216 def (same goes for Regirock)

Results list

Snorlax(460kg) 256 att Heavy Bomber against 436 def Regirock(230kg): 54-62-52-56-60 damage

Emboar(150kg) with 256 attack using Heavy bomber on all these pokemon having exact 216 def

Gastrodon(29.9kg): 54-57 damage
Muk(30kg): 118-107 damage
Luxio(30.5kg): 50-44 damage

Porygon(36.5kg): 93-90 damage
Mightyena(37kg): 95-99 damage
Togekiss(38kg): 74-71 damage

Hippopotas(49.5kg): 73-79 damage
Darkrai(50.5kg): 53-53 damage

Grumpig(71.5kg): 60-52 damage
Crobat(75kg): 56-61 damage
Miltank(75.5kg): 37-34 damage
Golduck(76.6kg): 18-20 damage

I think that these test results confirm your Formula for Heavy Bomber. Thanks for your help i wouldn't have been able to do this myself.

I've been wondering if Gamefreak used this formula for Electra Ball as well, seeing as serebii gave them both a similar description but with Speed instead of Weight.
If this is true what would be the best way to test this?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been wondering if Gamefreak used this formula for Electra Ball as well, seeing as serebii gave them both a similar description but with Speed instead of Weight.
If this is true what would be the best way to test this?
We'll test the simple case first, it being a reverse Gyro Ball (so its formula would be Base Power = 25 × (User's Current Speed / Target's Current Speed). I have an Electrode with Electra Ball, I'll update in a few minutes with some preliminary results.

Oath

Grass + Fire Oath -> Opponents are damaged for 1/8 of their total HP at the end of the turn.
Fire + Water Oath -> Speed of all opponents is reduced by 50%.
Water + Grass Oath -> Doubles the chance of a move's side effect occurring. Does not stack with Serene Grace.

If two Oath moves form a combo, their power will double. Both moves will target the Pokemon that the slower Oath user is attacking, even if the faster Oath user chose a completely different target.

Still to test if different combos exist, what happens if two not on the list are chosen, whether they work in Singles or Rotation battles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I found Oath's mix not related to Oath's mixing order.

example)

faster pokemon - A
Slower pokemon - B

A used Fire Oath and B used Grass Oath, and Combination move was Fire Oath.(Opponents are damaged for 1/8 of their total HP at the end of the turn.)

BUT, A used Fire Oath and B used Grass Oath in TRICK ROOM, Combination Move was SAME before Trick room. I think Combination's rule is based on type's relation.

Faster Slower

Fire + Grass -> Fire
Grass + Fire -> Fire
(Fire is stronger than Grass.)

Water + Fire -> Water
Fire + Water -> Water
(Water is stronger than Fire.)

Water + Grass -> Grass
Grass + Water -> Grass
(Grass is stronger than Water.)

Second, If you use combination move to Ally, field effect affect all allies.

For example, If you use Fire-Grass Combination to Allies, Sea of Fire hurts your and your teammate's pokemon. Yeah, It is TEAM-KILL.

Third, Oath's Combination can use Double and Triple Only. Single and Rotation cannot mix Oath.

Can you Understand what I say?

Oath's Tutor

Yes, thank you!

Do you know where I can teach the moves to my Pokemon?

I will add your info to the first post.

AH, you want teaching Oath to yout pokemon, Right?
Oath's Move Tutor is in the Hodomoe City, Fifth badge city.
Thanks for understand what I say.

WARNING : STARTER POKEMON'S ONLY!! DON'T FORGET IT.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
AH, you want teaching Oath to yout pokemon, Right?
Oath's Move Tutor is in the Hodomoe City, Fifth badge city.

WARNING : STARTER POKEMON'S ONLY!! DON'T FORGET IT.
I talked to every person in that city, and none of them would teach moves to my starter Pokemon.

EDIT: Figured it out. He would teach Grass Oath to my Jaroda, but he wouldn't teach the moves to my Charizard, Venusaur, or Swampert for some reason.

Urr....;;

I talked to every person in that city, and none of them would teach moves to my starter Pokemon.
Can't you find him? He is in the house where is at market's south-east direction. but if he don't teach move, show him your starter pokemon.

Grass + Fire Oath -> Opponents are damaged for 1/8 of their total HP at the end of the turn.
Grass + Water Oath -> Speed of all opponents is reduced by 50%.
Water + Fire Oath -> Doubles the chance of a move's side effect occurring. Does not stack with Serene Grace.
Does this affect Flying types or Pokemon with Levitate? Since the effect is described as a moor it seems like the speed drop would be caused by feet getting tangled up in grass, something airborne Pokemon wouldn't have a problem with.

Is Acid Weather present in B/W?
I just tested for Acid Rain with The_Chaser, and it did not activate. I hosted the match, and my Tyranitar killed his Scizor on the switch with Pursuit, and only Sandstorm persisted. This is a changed game mechanic, it seems, for the best!!!

I tested. My hiyakki(water monkey) attacked Rhyperior in Black City, and I found 'Acrobat+Jewel' stronger than 'Acrobat+No item'.

I think Jewel's consumption is first, and Power-up Acrobat is second. Can you understand what I say?

1. pokemon X use Acrobat.
2. X's Jewel Consumed.
3. X have no Item. So, Acrobat's base power raise to 110.

BONUS : It is text when Juwel consumed. Can you read it?

(Type)ジュエルは (Move's name)の いリょくを つよめた.
(Type)jewel raised (Move)'s power.
Excellent.

I can't read much hiragana or kanji, unfortunately, so I miss out on these things.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

EDIT: Figured it out. He would teach Grass Oath to my Jaroda, but he wouldn't teach the moves to my Charizard, Venusaur, or Swampert for some reason.
Were your Charizard, Venusaur, and Swampert bred in Black/White, or were they transferred over?

Some things I want to know about Beat Up:

Does it take the teammate's hold items into account? If they're holding shell bell or life orb, will it boost damage/drain their HP when they attack? Does holding metronome increase only the initial user's attack each time you use the more, or all sucessive team mate hits after that? Is it still always counted as a dark type move? If so, will it activate Justice Heart each time it hits?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tentative Mischievous Heart: Moves that do not deal direct damage (i.e. not classified as physical or special), including Leech Seed, are given +1 speed priority. Have not tested to see if there are any exceptions. (Futility, iruchii)
Here a list of the "other" moves that are available to pokemon with Mischievous Heart.

Growth, Leech Seed, Cotton Spore, Tailwind, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder, Charm, Helping Hand, Cotton Guard, Sunny Day, Toxic, Taunt, Protect, Safeguard, Double Team, Rest, Attract, Flash, Swagger, Substitute, Encore, Tickle, Fake Tears, Grasswhistle, Memento, Switcheroo, Worry Seed, Light Screen, Trick Room, Agility, Tailwind, Rain Dance, Bulk Up, Embargo, Heal Block, Nasty Plot, Charge, Thunder Wave

Haze, Mean Look, Torment, Postpone, Calm Mind, Psych Up, Whirlwind, Mirror Move, Confuse Ray, Featherdance, Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Screech, Roost, Leer, Foresight, Detect, Claw Sharpen, Telekinesis, Will-o-wisp, Recover, Moonlight, Flatter, Trick, Captivate, Tail Glow, Baton Pass, Sweet Scent, Wish, Endure, Copycat, Roar, Swords Dance, Cheer Up, Mind Reader, Iron Defense, Follow Me, Growl, Assist, Sand-attack, Snatch, Yawn, Covet

OK, so here's the next question: If Future Sight and Doom Desire are no longer typeless, is type-effectiveness calculated when you use the move, or when the move hits?

We need to test the same thing for type immunity, since it uses a different system.
Type Immunity is calculated when the move hits, at least for Future Sight. (Edit: Nothing is immune to steal.. why did I feel the need to specify Future Sight. 2am, thats why)

Baby-Loli vs my Emonga, she uses Future Sight. I switch to Zoroark, and use scary face until Future Sight activates. Zoroark was not affected by the move. Next time she used future sight, I switch back to Emonga and use non-damaging moves until it went off. This time, Emonga was hit by the attack.

Update: Ran into another one who enjoyed using Future Sight. She activated the move on Zoroark, so I switched to Victini and wasted time. Future Sight hit for NFE damage. Seems as if anything to do with resists/immunities are done when the move hits, not when it is activated. I don't have the ability to test when stab factors into it, or even when the specific stats are checked. Type on the defensive end, however, seems clear enough.

(Also, a minor addition to the OP note on Illusion- Poison damage, Burn Damage and self-damage from confusion do not break the Illusion. It looks as if it has to be direct damage at this point, but I haven't seen weather, recoil or LO yet. My apologies if this has been said or is otherwise not worthwhile)

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
2 questions about Future Sight. Can it hit Shedinja? Which Pokemon's defense stat does it run off, the initial target or the one that gets hit?

Since they seem to be making a lot of the more redundant moves a little more varied, I wonder about moonlight. Can someone test to see if it's still boosted under sunny day? Perhaps they have it boosted under another weather condition now.

Another thing about Beat-up...

If Warubiaru uses it and the opponent is KOed by a teammate strike, does Warubiaru still get the boost from Overconfidence?

Just did some more research with The_Chaser and answered these questions in the OP:
Metronome: Does it give an increasing boost with each hit of a multi-hit move?
Metronome did not increase the multi-hit's power per hit, only per turn. Tested this using Emboar's Arm Thrust against Rankurusu. The damage remained just about the same throughout an attack, with slight variations going up and down per hit.
When using Incinerate (fire move that destroys berries) is used against a pokemon holding occa berry, does occa berry half the SE damage?http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3018894&postcount=406
Occa Berry actually activated against Incinerate before it could be destroyed, successfully halving the damage of the attack. We tested this using Incinerate Heatran against Occa Berry Levitate Bronzong.

Someone earlier in this thread also asked if type damage-reducing berries now activated even if the holder was not weak against the specific type, so we tested that as well. My Emboar used Flamethrower against his Occa Berry Rankurusu and it did not activate. This means the type reducing berries still follow the same mechanic as the previous generation.

I don't know if this have been said:

If a flying or levitating pokemon gets hit by Knock Down it loses its inmunity to ground attacks. This effects longs at least 1 turn (the turn your opponent uses knock down and the next turn at least). I can't clarify it more because the battle didn't last more D:

PS: I discovered the tailwind's lenght before the ones in the OP, but meh, it doesn't matter xD

The_Chaser and I did some more research on questions in the OP before calling it a night. Here were our results:
Mountain Storm: Does it always result in a critical hit, like Ice Breath?
We tested Mountain Storm 16 times, and it resulted in a critical hit 16 times. I'd say that's pretty conclusive.
Now that Me First has a listed power of 1, does it activate Sucker Punch now?
Tested Zoroa's Sucker Punch against Lickitung's Me First. We tested this twice -- once where Zoroa had a higher speed stat that Lickitung, and once when Zoroa had a lower speed stat. In both scenarios, Zoroa's Sucker Punch successfully hit Lickitung, and Lickitung's Me First failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)