B&W Research Thread

It doesn't have an activation message, it just reduces the damage dealt to that pokemon. It doesn't block, just reduce the damage.

Just to make sure I'm reading that right, it makes damage to a teammate take, say (and I'm super simplifying here) 25 damage from a 100 damage attack?

breh

強いだね
It doesn't have an activation message, it just reduces the damage dealt to that pokemon. It doesn't block, just reduce the damage.
Does it work in singles, for one? For two, what I meant was, does it reduce damage from direct attacks on a teammate?

In Double Battles in 4th Gen it was that if you KO the faster pokemon with a spread attack then it would do 100% of the damage instead of 75% to the slower pokemon. Can anyone test that if attacks like Rock Slide do 100% of their damage if the Rock Slide/Water Spout/Surf also was to KO the faster pokemon? For Surf it can KO your teamate as long as it is faster.

Can you also research if in Double Battles if Sucker Punch hits pokemon if they are using spread moves? Testing moves like Rock Slide and Surf should work.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
In Double Battles in 4th Gen it was that if you KO the faster pokemon with a spread attack then it would do 100% of the damage instead of 75% to the slower pokemon. Can anyone test that if attacks like Rock Slide do 100% of their damage if the Rock Slide/Water Spout/Surf also was to KO the faster pokemon? For Surf it can KO your teamate as long as it is faster.
The damage stays reduced regardless of how many Pokemon the attack knocks out.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Magic Coat is currently programmed on Pokemon Online to protect both targets in Doubles. Someone claimed that Slipperjeans had tested it and it was a new mechanic, but that seemed pretty wishy-washy so I asked mien to check.

mien said:
I have tested this in-game and confirm that both Magic Coat/Magic Mirror only reflects moves targeted at the user and not the teammate like on PO. When a multi-target move is used(like Growl) it will still lower the teammate's attack.

I have not tested it in Triples however but i suppose it will give similar results.
OmegaDonut said:
Does it still do the same for single-target moves such as Taunt or Encore?
mien said:
Single target moves don't get reflected if a teammate uses Magic Coat(tested this with Sand attack).
So no, Magic Coat still only protects the user.

I'd like the Oath moves to be tested.

1. Do they have to be in order? Like, does Fire have to come before Water to make a rainbow, or can they just be used in any combination?

2. How long do the effects last?

3. Are there any exceptions to what moves the rainbow boosts effect accuracy?

My save file died the other day, so I cant test this myself. :C
Waiting for answers to all these questions.

...the first two questions have been answered in the first post for a while.

Tentative Fire\Grass\Water Oath, when used right after another in a Doubles or Triples battle, creates a field effect that lasts for 4 turns. The combination cannot be performed in Singles or Rotation matches, since there you cannot use two moves in a single turn. (MINSC, Setsuna, The_Chaser)
It does not matter what order the moves are performed in.

Grass + Fire Oath -> Opponents are damaged for 1/8 of their total HP at the end of the turn.
Fire + Water Oath -> Speed of all opponents is reduced by 50%.
Water + Grass Oath -> Doubles the chance of a move's side effect occurring. Does not stack with Serene Grace.

If two Oath moves form a combo, their power will double. Both moves will target the Pokemon that the slower Oath user is attacking, even if the faster Oath user chose a completely different target.
Look through that quote, you'll find the answers. Just make sure to unhide the subsection.

As for the third, I'd think it'd work the same as Serene Grace, but I dunno and can't test.

Edit: Does switching (and miracle shooter item use) have priority for a pokemon with mischievous heart, because it's not an attack?
Back then, that was just a theory. Now I have seen on Pokemon Online a pokemon with mischievous heart (cotton sheep) will switch with more priority. My opponent said it wasn't holding a quick claw, it changed moves (no choice scarf), and my max speed jolly Aerodactyl switched out after it during a double switch.
Edit:Also, rotating in rotation battles, move function in triples, and recharging can be tested. If there is any other action that takes up a turn that isn't a move that I haven't thought of, that should be tested.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
But, by making Skarmory susceptible, Earthquake should've inflicted SE damage. Death's video really doesn't make sense, but seems to be the new mechanic for it.

Anyone willing to test Roost?

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Tested this with a Rotom-S and a Probopass with Gravity, Knock Down and Earthquake against wild pokémon in double battle.

When Gravity was used against Rotom-S, it was hit by Earthquake (super-effective).
When Knock Down was used against Rotom-S, it was hit by Earthquake (super-effective).

When Rotom-S was holding an Iron Ball, Earthquake hit it for regular damage (no "super-effective" sound, hit for half the damage Earthquake would have done normally, don't know why though).

So Rotom-S ground immunity is still removed by Gravity, Knock Down and Iron Ball despite having both Flying-type and Levitate.
Apparently something strange is going on with Iron Ball. How does it affect the effectiveness of ground moves to Staraptor and Claydol? How about Yanmega and Carnivine?

I'm going to post something tentative here. I have yet to check with the pure-flying genie, but I think I can say this with confidence:

A Pokémon that is flying type holding an Iron Ball causes their Ground immunity to become a ground resistance.

The front post says that any stat change effects on a Contrarian Pokemon are reversed.
Does this count towards Burn's attack halving and Paralysis' speed halving (thirding?)?

For the past few weeks me and Arseus have been working on a Status article for generation V. I'm proud to announce that this is now finished and open to the public

My goal is to make this article as complete as possible. That is why i ask if any of you could please check if i have left any question unanswered. Naturally constructive criticism of any kind would be appreciated as well. That way i can verify if my article has everything status-related covered.

I've also done a bit of research for the production of this article with the fellowing results:
- Ice types are still immune to the Freeze status
- Boiling Water and Will-o-Wisp do not thaw the target
- When Psycho Shifting 'bad' Poison the counter resets
- A pokemon still attacks itself with a 40 BP attack when confused even if the user is a Ghost or Steel type. I suppose this attack is like Struggle a Normal type move that ignores all type and Evasion modifiers.
- Confusion still lasts 2 to 5 turns
- Shed Shell has remained unchanged(switches out from Mean look and Ingrain but not from Lock-in moves like Outrage-
- Run Away still does not allow the pokemon to switch out from Mean Look or any other Trapping effect.
- The move Poison Gas has 80% accuracy (Serebii is right, veekun is wrong)

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to post something tentative here. I have yet to check with the pure-flying genie, but I think I can say this with confidence:

A Pokémon that is flying type holding an Iron Ball causes their Ground immunity to become a ground resistance.
Someone (who happens to be able to) should check Heat Rotom. The damage dealt should confirm or deny this theory; that is, if it would receive 4 times the damage, 2 times, or regular.

We also need to figure out if this "behaviour" is caused by the Iron Ball itself or if it's a consequence from Trick. Also, should this theory be correct, does the same apply to Pokémon with Levitate? What about regular Pokémon? Would they get this implied "resistance" as well just by holding the Iron Ball and/or by getting it tricked to them?

As for Heat Rotom, it may not work the same way for levitate.
I would like my question about Mischievous Heart giving switching priority confirmed. I thank anyone who will test it in advance.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Doryuuzu used Earthquake!

Gengar + Iron Ball - Super Effective
Skiploom + Iron Ball - Neutral
Shedinja + Iron Ball - Blocked by Wonder Guard

I think Iron Ball + non-Flying type Ground immunity acts as expected. If the target is a Flying type, the attack does neutral damage regardless of the Pokemon's other type.

Edit:
I would like my question about Mischievous Heart giving switching priority confirmed. I thank anyone who will test it in advance.
It does not. My Elfuun switched out after Garchomp when I tried to switch both out on the same turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)