B&W Research Thread

I couldn't find this anywhere on the front page and it seemed to me that even in the Policy Review that people weren't completely sure about this.

For how many turns would pokemon be asleep for, what is the sleep counter?

Do Befriend, Worry Seed or Simple Beam work on Shedinja? As good as Wonder Guard may be, Sturdy is probably better on Shedinja. Also, does Gastro Acid work, and if so, can Wonder Guard be Skill Swapped, Role Played, any of the aboved, or turned into Mummy?

breh

強いだね
wonder guard can be anything but skill swapped as far as I know.

how does magic room work? bumping this question, as I don't recall it ever being answered.

(more precisely, what EXACTLY does it do? does it block negative effects of items with the good? does it just totally make all items useless? what happens when used with a choice item?)

I distinctly remember seeing a video on youtube where worry seed worked on shedinja (This same video gave it sturdy via a skill swap after it didn't have wonder guard anymore). The first post says befriend/make friends/whatever-the-translation-will-be also works to overwrite wonder guard. Dunno about simple beam, although since worry seed worked I dunno why simple beam wouldn't.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is a strange question, but with the new mechanics of Mental Herb, I was wondering if its ability equivalent - Oblivious - has changed its mechanics too?

I don't recall any testing being done on Oblivious, so it's definitely a possibility that it's changed.

How does Multi Scale exactilly work?
Does it have its own damage formula or something?

Its supossed to halve the total damage done in a pokemon at full healt, but 2 weeks ago something on PO surprised me. Sorry i didnt save the log, my foe quit and i couldnt, but the scenario was this:

My machamp vs a dragonite, i was in DW and i used ice beam 2 times with my toad before this (one at full healt, other after that), so without a question it had multiscale. For some reason i decided to keep machamp stone edging him, just hoping dragonite to attack so i could revenge, and he kept using roost over and over

So, my damage output was around 22% or so, i dont quite remember, what i remember is that he kept roosting until the 5th stone edge critted, hovewer, i saw the bar rolling too low, and the log confirmed the damage with the crit was the same than without it, 22% (again i dont remember the exact damage, but i remember that they were the same)

Because he kept roosting to full healt, i wonder, is this a glitch on PO? Or does multi scale ignore critical hits?

This is a strange question, but with the new mechanics of Mental Herb, I was wondering if its ability equivalent - Oblivious - has changed its mechanics too?

I don't recall any testing being done on Oblivious, so it's definitely a possibility that it's changed.
Both my Sazandora's Taunt in a wild double battle as well as a wild Vanipeti's Taunt prevented my Oblivious Wailmer from using Amnesia. I'd assume that Oblivious is unchanged, unfortunately.

wonder guard can be anything but skill swapped as far as I know.
I know Role Play can't be used on a Wonder Guard pokemon.
Also, I was still wondering if Gastro Acid, assuming it works, knocks out the way Wonder Guard blocks Skill Swap. If it does, this could lead to WonderTomb or WonderEye legally.

breh

強いだね
I know Role Play can't be used on a Wonder Guard pokemon.
Also, I was still wondering if Gastro Acid, assuming it works, knocks out the way Wonder Guard blocks Skill Swap. If it does, this could lead to WonderTomb or WonderEye legally.
I... frankly have no clue what you're saying here.

And yes I did forget Role Play; basically there's no way to get anything with Wonderguard legitimately in 5th gen games (you could do it in RSE hehe). Gastro Acid removes the ability, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I... frankly have no clue what you're saying here.

And yes I did forget Role Play; basically there's no way to get anything with Wonderguard legitimately in 5th gen games (you could do it in RSE hehe). Gastro Acid removes the ability, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Can Wonder Guard be Skill Swapped after Gastro Acid was used? Or does the ability to not get Skill Swapped stay, to prevent WonderEye and WonderTomb from being legal?

Can Wonder Guard be Skill Swapped after Gastro Acid was used? Or does the ability to not get Skill Swapped stay, to prevent WonderEye and WonderTomb from being legal?
It wouldn't matter; even if you could Skill Swap it, the ability would still be negated once it was on Sableye and Spiritomb.

That's not even a good idea anyway, tbh.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Lol, I don't even know if this belongs here, and it may have been this way in previous generations (though I'm pretty sure it wasn't) but apparently there's some kind of "no no list" when it comes to NNing your pokemon. Just try to name it something dirty. It won't let you. xD

http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110122

Is it confirmed that Victini, Reshiram, and/or Zekrom can't be shiny?
They mentioned on Serebii that if u have full boxes and party before encountering Reshiram and Zekrom, then you can battle and defeat it w/o having to capture it. Instead they will be rebattled in the Dragon Spiral Tower after the game is complete.

Only then can you RNG for a shiny of the respected version. Ergo those two Dragons CAN be shiny.
As for Victini, not sure if you can or not.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
They mentioned on Serebii that if u have full boxes and party before encountering Reshiram and Zekrom, then you can battle and defeat it w/o having to capture it. Instead they will be rebattled in the Dragon Spiral Tower after the game is complete.

Only then can you RNG for a shiny of the respected version. Ergo those two Dragons CAN be shiny.
As for Victini, not sure if you can or not.
I have not personally tested this, but I thought that even if you fight it in Dragon Spiral Tower, it is still rigged to never be shiny.

No, as there's no way the game can possibly know if you're actually trying to control the RNG's output or not--whether you are or aren't, the game's doing exactly the same thing (the only real difference is whether or not your paying attention to the game's output in detail or not, which is the same regardless of it being watched), so if it isn't possible to get through RNG manipulation, then it's not possible to get period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)