B&W Research Thread

Seeing that Mold Breaker ignores Lightningrod in generation 4, when it doesn't affect the damage or success of a move but only its target, I think perversity should be tested. (However, it may only ignore the accuracy change made for electric moves.)
Affecting the target is directly affecting the success of the move. You're not trying to hit that guy, you want to hit this guy.

That doesn't necessarily make it any more or less successful, unlike something like Heatproof, which automatically makes fire moves deal less damage all of the time.

Affecting the target is directly affecting the success of the move. You're not trying to hit that guy, you want to hit this guy.
And the same thing applies to Perversity. If you use Metal Sound on Jaroda, you aren't trying to raise its SpD; you're trying to lower its SpD. There's no reason for Mold Breaker to not ignore Perversity.

Actually I've been meaning to post my findings on Harvest in the sun, but I haven't gotten around to it until now lol. It's pretty conclusive too. I used the Rest/Lum Berry set up I used in previous testing, and the berry regenerated EVERY TIME at the end of the turn 20 times in a row.
Glad to have a reply XD, was totally thinking my post had been forgotten!

Anyway, that's very cool news, and I suppose is quite logical too. Gives Sun something nice for probably the UU tier, when it's established. Anyway, is there anyone but you who's tested the (admittedly weird) mechanics of when the berry regens out of Sun? It seemed to be primarily instantly, but with a smaller percentage of not doing so, with a seemingly random turn count on it... Now of course I wish I had BW and could test this for myself.

Glad to have a reply XD, was totally thinking my post had been forgotten!

Anyway, that's very cool news, and I suppose is quite logical too. Gives Sun something nice for probably the UU tier, when it's established. Anyway, is there anyone but you who's tested the (admittedly weird) mechanics of when the berry regens out of Sun? It seemed to be primarily instantly, but with a smaller percentage of not doing so, with a seemingly random turn count on it... Now of course I wish I had BW and could test this for myself.
I did some testing on this a while ago, my results were (combined with some trials Cyzir did a while ago):

49/80 0 turns (61.25%)
16/80 1 turn (20%)
5/80 2 turns (6.25%)
6/80 3 turns (7.5%)
4/80 4 turns (5%)

Where "0 turns" means the berry regenerated at the end of the turn it was consumed. More trials will be needed to say this conclusively, but my assumption is that the berry has around a 2/3 chance of regenerating at the end of each turn. The number of regenerations at 3 and 4 turns are kind of odd, though.

What happens in this situation?

The sun continues to shine.

Mewtwo uses whatever!
Exeggcute takes 80% damage.
Exeggcute eats its Oran Berry! Yum! Exeggcute is now at 22% health.

Exeggcute uses Thief!
It's Super Effective!
Exeggcute stole Mewtwo's Ganlon Berry!
Exeggcute ate its Ganlon Berry! Defense UP!

At the end of the turn, what gets Harvested? Or am I confused, and Harvest happens before the end of the turn?

What if it's not sunny? Can I get one berry back this turn, and the other one back next turn, if those are the randomly generated number of turns?

how does magic room work? bumping this question, as I don't recall it ever being answered.

(more precisely, what EXACTLY does it do? does it block negative effects of items with the good? does it just totally make all items useless? what happens when used with a choice item?)
still hasn't been answered :P

I did some testing on this a while ago, my results were (combined with some trials Cyzir did a while ago):

49/80 0 turns (61.25%)
16/80 1 turn (20%)
5/80 2 turns (6.25%)
6/80 3 turns (7.5%)
4/80 4 turns (5%)

Where "0 turns" means the berry regenerated at the end of the turn it was consumed. More trials will be needed to say this conclusively, but my assumption is that the berry has around a 2/3 chance of regenerating at the end of each turn. The number of regenerations at 3 and 4 turns are kind of odd, though.
Argh I missed this when browsing the thread... That's pretty useful, thanks. I don't think you could really draw conclusions about the last three until you had more results, though, given that they only vary slightly in terms of actual numbers of regenerations. It looks somewhat like there may be the same chance to regen on the last three turns, however, though you couldn't say for sure.

A couple of questions about Download

Does it really boost special attack against nothing like it does on PO (for example U-turn to Genesect, knocking out the opponent)?

Bulbapedia said:
During a double battle, Download will add the two Pokémon's stats and calculate the lower stat between both.
In a triple battle, are the stats of all 3 pokemon averaged? I assume this is the case, but it could just be ones in range.

I just looked up the B&W's pokedex for the first time.
In a major, the names are really japenese/lame kind and I've counted as only 4 types of being version exclusive. Am I wrong? Also I noticed that you can catch almost half of them in the ealier routes of the game. Is that correct? (people who already played can answer.)

I dont know if I'll like it. I only know as far as the 3rd gen.

Cold Flare is a variation of Sky Attack. If Power Herb works on Sky Attack, it should work on Cold Flare. Besides, the only way to access Cold Flare is via Metronome, and even Metronome battles require Leppa Berry or nothing to be held, iirc.

I just looked up the B&W's pokedex for the first time.
In a major, the names are really japenese/lame kind and I've counted as only 4 types of being version exclusive. Am I wrong? Also I noticed that you can catch almost half of them in the ealier routes of the game. Is that correct? (people who already played can answer.)

I dont know if I'll like it. I only know as far as the 3rd gen.
There are only four version-exclusive families before the National Dex (and 6 more after). There was a 5th but there's an ingame trade for the opposite version's counterpart.

breh

強いだね
STUPID QUESTION, I CHOOSE YOU

If using Psych Up after Draco Meteor or similar stat-lowering moves, does it revert the user's stats back to normal? assume the opponent has no boosts.

Further free fall testing:

Thunder, Gale, and No Guard can hit pokemon in free fall.

Escape Button cannot activate while in Free Fall, but Red Card can.

I'm next going to test with a No Guard Dragon Tail to find out if a free falled pokemon can be forced out, and what happens if they are.

Edit: When a choice item is used and then magic room is used, the choiced pokemon can switch moves normally. However, when Magic Room ends, it is again choice locked to the original move that it used before trick room. You don't get to pick again.

Pluck, Bug Bite and Trick work normally under Magic Room. Natural Gift and Fling fail.

Actually, I've read that a pure Flying type using Roost becomes Normal-typed for the rest of the turn in Gen V. The likely reason being that the ??? type no longer exists within the game's coding in any way shape or form.

I've read that it does on here and on other sites. But I guess it deserves a second check from someone with the game, just in case.
Me and my friends tested it and fighting is super effective and ghost gives no damage. So to my conclusion it turns into a normal type

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)