Seg Faults every 30 minutes
Join Date: Mar 2010
A country full of spiders
Fire Red Nuzlocke Update #5!
Here's another update to my Fire Red Nuzlocke, in a whole series of hide tags (Wow...Who cares...)...
A summary of what's happened from Route 206 to the Lightning Badge
- Started on Route 6.
- Beat all the trainers on that route, except for the Bug Catcher with the Lv20 Butterfree, whom I dodged & challenged after the grind that happens later on. I killed a Meowth for the first Pokemon on route.
- Arrived in Vermilion, put Root in the box, got a Vs. Seeker & after hearing about a Rapidash, got a Bike Voucher, which I went to Cerulean to redeem.
- After returning to Vermilion, I went to Diglett's Cave & caught a Male Lv21 Diglett named WhacAMole with the help of Sparrow. A couple of seconds later, a Lv29 Dugtrio appears...X_X Luckily all it did was spam Ground Type Attacks, as I manage to escape after 4 attempts with no casualties.
- I go onto Route 11 after healing & catch snakE the lv13 Ekans, who I boxed. Several minutes later on the same route, while beating some trainers, a Gamer with a Lv18 Growlithe gets a lucky critical hit Bite on Rock Pile. RIP Rock Pile...:'(
- The loss of Rock Pile spurred me to grind my three Pokemon RootOfEvil, Sparrow & WhacAMole to Lv25, 24 & 26 respectively. In the process, Sparrow evolves into Fearow & WhacAMole evolves into Dugtrio.
- I then go onto the SS Anne, & beat the trainers there without too much trouble, although two Gentlemen gave me the shits with status.
- Eventually, I find Texas & challenge him to a battle. To make a long story short, WhacAMole dominated, although two Sand Attack's from Pidgeotto nearly derailed WhacAMole due to the accuracy drop...
- I find the Captain & rub his back after reading some random manual. He doesn't teach me how to Cut, but he gives me a HM for Cut.
- I leave the SS Anne & the boat leaves. The bastards...Next year...
- I take Ninth Life out of the box & teach him Cut. I then go inside Vermilion Gym & trash the minor trainers with WhacAMole.
- After doing the trash can puzzle, I confront Lt. Surge. With WhacAMole in the lead, the battle was over in three turns, with WhacAMole OHKOing his entire party with Magnitude. The only damage he did was a Quick Attack from Pikachu.
- After getting the badge, I heal again.
- In Vermilion City at the moment.
Pokemon (Current Party)
Sparrow (Female Fearow) @ Nothing
Comments: Sparrow is a great member on the team, especially since evolving, even though she's playing a support role to RootOfEvil & WhacAMole, she is still a fine member on the team.
RootOfEvil (Male Ivysaur) @ Nothing
Comments: The starter & the undisputed leader of the team, always willing to help his team mates when they're near death. RootOfEvil will be critical to my success in this Nuzlocke.
WhacAMole (Male Dugtrio) @ Nothing
Comments: Basically filled the void left by the late Rock Pile. He came out swinging after her unfortunate death & took out all the major Trainers this update without too much worries. A worthy team member.
Ninth Life (Male Meowth) @ Nothing
Comments: Only in the party, because it's a HM Slave. I know he'll do well as one.
Worm (Male Caterpie) @ Nothing
Comments: Boxed because it's pathetic. What else?
Flapper (Female Pidgey) @ Nothing
Comments: Flapper has been boxed in favour of Sparrow, is a back up in case Sparrow bites the dust.
Root (Female Oddish) @ Nothing
Comments: Boxed as it's inferior to RootOfEvil. If he dies, this will come out.
snakE (Male Ekans) @ Nothing
Comments: Boxed because it's crap.
Joey (Female Rattata) @ Nothing
Lv:9/Modest (Bah...)/Run Away
Comments: First casualty as expected. No-one on the team really liked her anyway. Caught on Route 22 when I really wanted a Nidoran, Joey was weak, & useless. Weak enough to be killed by a Lv14 Spearow. RIP.
Stingers (Male Beedrill) @ Nothing
Comments: Stingers was a useful member early game, with a powerful Fury Attack, he was a great member. Sadly, he fell on the Nugget Bridge to a random crit from a Lv18 Mankey's Fury Swipes. He will sorely be missed. RIP.
Rock Pile (Female Geodude) @ Nothing
Comments: Rock Pile was a great member. She was my best check to the ever so annoying Raticate & contributed so much. Unfortunately, she fell to a random crit from a Gamer's Lv18 Growlithe's Bite. Rock Pile will be sorely missed by the team. RIP.
That's all this update. This Nuzlocke will be put on hold until I complete my Pearl No-Evo Scramble. Next update after Rock tunnel.
Originally Posted by Fat Flamestrike
I am never, EVER writing another update in the reply box again. First I lose half of the final HeartGold update, then this time I had the entire update written out, only to completely forget that Smogon logs you out automatically when you don't switch pages for a long time, even when you're typing a reply. I hit reply, got the "You can't do that" page, and realized I couldn't get it back because when I hit back it gave me the same page because I was on advanced reply. So I log back in, and think I have it back only to see that it's actually the first update I had quoted to get my hide boxes. GAHHH! Even worse is that I now realize that had I logged in when I first got the page it probably would have worked fine. FML, now I have to type that all up again and I'll be even farther behind -_-'
If you're typing a long update, I'd recommend using Notepad, as it saves time. Also, when you've typed out your update, Highlight the entire thing & go Ctrl+C to copy it, just in case something like that happens. If it does, log back in, go to the reply box, & Ctrl+V to paste it all in, so your hard work isn't erased. It automatically logs you out after 30 minutes. Hope I helped.
Last edited by Its_A_Random; Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:26:13 PM.