B&W Research Thread

Copycat supposedly copies the last move used.
So suppose the following situation occured.
You attack my Riolu, and it uses Overhead Throw. Because of its low priority (-6, -5 with MHeart), it goes last. But the next turn, I use Copycat with +1 priority from MHeart. The last move used was Overhead Throw, so would I get a +1 priority Overhead throw? Could I chain these together and spam a +1 Overhead throw? Not on the research list in the OP, I checked.

EDIT: Also, just seeing if it changed, can White Smoke prevent user stat drops? Will a Shell Break Torkoal's defenses fall? Will they fall from an Overheat?

You attack my Riolu, and it uses Overhead Throw. Because of its low priority (-6, -5 with MHeart), it goes last. But the next turn, I use Copycat with +1 priority from MHeart. The last move used was Overhead Throw, so would I get a +1 priority Overhead throw? Could I chain these together and spam a +1 Overhead throw?
And Murkrow+Mirror Move+Whirlwind seems to work differently on PO...maybe that should be tested as well.

You attack my Riolu, and it uses Overhead Throw. Because of its low priority (-6, -5 with MHeart), it goes last. But the next turn, I use Copycat with +1 priority from MHeart. The last move used was Overhead Throw, so would I get a +1 priority Overhead throw? Could I chain these together and spam a +1 Overhead throw? Not on the research list in the OP, I checked.
I've tested this in game. It works exactly like that. Yes, Riolo can chain overhead throws, but it can also chain roar, which works on substitues and ghosts. This chain can only be broken by faster priority, but they you can just roar again and repeat.

Also, Copycat has 20 pp, up to 32 with PP ups. You could theoretically throw them around for 32 turns.

I've tested this in game. It works exactly like that. Yes, Riolo can chain overhead throws, but it can also chain roar, which works on substitues and ghosts.
Are you sure about this? I just tried this in White and it works fine with Roar (giving it priority), but whenever I try to copycat Overhead Throw, I'm getting a "..but it failed".

Really? I tested with roar as well. I'll try again to see if it works with overhead throw.

Also, since we know roar works, the concept is the same (you're relying on entry hazards for damage anyway).

How does metranome (the item) work with multihit moves? Does it power up the 2nd hit and all hits afterwords or only the 2nd use of the move and after?

CaP was wondering if Snow Warning prevents taking damage from Hail. It didn't last gen, but it may have changed?

(This could be tested by Tracing Snow Warning onto Pory2 and seeing if it takes damage, or skill swapping)

Thanks!

breh

強いだね
CaP was wondering if Snow Warning prevents taking damage from Hail. It didn't last gen, but it may have changed?

(This could be tested by Tracing Snow Warning onto Pory2 and seeing if it takes damage, or skill swapping)

Thanks!
I guess testing Snow Cloak and Sand Stream would be a good idea too.

breh

強いだね
paranoia lol

I'm not entirely sure it does, so thus it could not.

(more simply there is nothing like cacturne for snow cloak)

DERP why did I not just look on bulbapedia? Brain failure there >_<

It still hasn't been tested for Snow Warning, which is the whole point.

Also, it might be worthwhile to test tracing/swapping Forecast (Castform's ability). I would assume it would do nothing on any other pokemon, but it would be very helpful to know if it changed the typing of the Pokemon that Traced it to Water/Fire/Ice in Rain/Sun/Hail respectively.

Thanks again from CaP

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
Hello.

My Eccentric Ditto copied a Blaziken with many attack and speed boosts. I used Baton Pass and sent in an Azumarill. I swept the rest of the team then.

My question is, are the boosts gained by Ditto Baton Pass-able?

When Zuruzukin (with the ability Overconfidence) OHKOs Desukan (with the ability Mummy) will Zuruzukin get the attack boost?

EDIT: Also what happens if a burned Roobushin attacks a pokemon with Mummy. Will Roobushin do damage with the boost from Guts or will the damage be halved from Burn?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)