Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
BASS (a Rotom) used Substitute!
Foe's Magneton used Metal Sound, but it failed!
Foe's Magneton had it's health drained by Leech Seed!

BASS used Double Team! BASS's evasiveness rose!
Foe's Magneton used Flash Cannon, but it missed!

Repeat that three more times, and that was the story of the Canalave Gym. I was worried to death about this gym, having absolutely nothing effective vs. Steel types beyond the single Close Combat on my Staraptor who would be suicidal to lead with due to the inevitable Magnetons and Stone Edge spamming Steelixs. Instead, JAMES DEAN the Roselia and BASS the Rotom were the stars of the show, both using Substitute to survive enemy hits while whittling away with not very effective attacks vs. the enemy's fairly weak Sp. Def stats. The Gym Leader, Byron, was a particularly fun fight, with JAMES DEAN leading with a Leech Seed and then swapping over to BASS to let him set up a Double Team stack behind his Substitutes and then slowly sweep Byron's whole team with either Shadow Ball or Shock Wave.

New pokes since the last update:
- MATLAB the Porygon, acquired at Veilstone City
- PUMA the Rhyhorn ♂, caught on Route 214
- LAND WHALE the Hippopotas ♂, caught in Ruin Maniac Cave
- CHOMP the Girafarig ♀, caught at the Valor Lakefront
- IT HUNGERS the Wingull ♀, caught on Route 213
- SPAH the Quagsire ♀, caught on Route 212
- PACHIYELLO the Pichu ♂, caught in the Trophy Garden

Other happenings:
- Failed to catch an Abra on Route 215. Missed the Sing, and it Teleported immediately. Real disappointing as I would've loved an Abra.
- Failed to catch a Tangela in the Great Marsh. Not a big deal, really.
- DAMNATION the Bronzor finally came out of it's shell and evolved to a Bronzong.
- JIT the Cranidos and NANAMI the Meditite both leveled up enough in the Day Care center that I could pull each out, feed 'em a rare candy and evolve them into a Rampardos and Medicham, respectively, both waiting in the wings if needed.
- RAGE SNAKE the Gyarados finally learned a STAB attack, Aqua Tail, and is now devastating anything that so much as looks at it.
- MAJOR the Staraptor has become a complete monster, learning both Roost and Return from TMs rounding out her skillset perfectly and enabling her to take out nearly anything with only one or two hits.
- Easily swept Veilstone's Gym, which isn't surprising to anyone really. Five of my six party members are more than able to handle fighting types, so it really was quite a joke.
- Pastoria's Gym was a bit rougher, with the trainers in the gym constantly swapping between Water / Flying mons that can easily pop JAMES DEAN's Substitutes and Water / Ground mons that BASS couldn't touch without using his extremely limited 5 PP Ominous Wind (I didn't yet have the Shadow Ball TM). The Gym Leader, Crasher Wake, nearly killed BASS with his final mon -- a lightning fast Floatzel who, unbeknownst to me, was packing Crunch in addition to the obvious Ice Fang. With BASS at 8 health after the sneaky Crunch and JAMES DEAN too fragile to take an Ice Fang hit it rested on DAMNATION's shoulders to finish the otter, which he did in style with two STAB Extrasensory hits.

Full list of mons:
- RAGE SNAKE the Gyarados ♀, Lv. 38
Quirky, Likes to thrash about, Intimidate, caught on Route 218

- BASS the Rotom, Lv. 41
Sassy, Highly persistent, Levitate, caught at the Old Chateau

- JAMES DEAN the Roselia ♂, Lv. 41
Calm, Strong willed, Natural Cure, caught in Eterna Forest

- MAJOR the Staraptor ♀, Lv. 39
Adamant, Scatters things often, Intimidate, caught on Route 202

- EGBERT the Bibarel ♂, Lv. 39
Careful, Somewhat of a clown, Unaware, caught on Route 201

- DAMNATION the Bronzor, Lv. 37
Naughty, Somewhat stubborn, Heatproof, caught in Wayward Cave
- JAMELLE the Luxio ♀
Quirky, Somewhat vain, Intimidate, caught on Route 204
Died to: Crit Hidden Power

- RANDY the Geodude ♀
Jolly, Often lost in thought, Rock Head, caught on Route 207
Died to: Unexpected Giga (Mega?) Drain from a Zubat

- TIM the Monferno ♂
Gentle, Mischevious, Blaze, starter pokemon
Died to: Crit Wing Attack from the same Zubat that killed Randy
- RUSSIAN the Zubat ♂, Lv. 21
Caught in the Oreburgh Gate
Now my Fly and Defog slave.

- FLERP the Togepi ♀, Lv. 1
Hatched in Eterna City

- PIKABLU the Pachirisu ♀, Lv. 16
Caught on Route 205

- DIE the Psyduck ♂, Lv. 5
Caught in the Ravaged Path

- YAZ the Shellos ♀, Lv. 11
Caught at the Valley Windworks

- DONGLBARRY the Burmy ♂, Lv. 11
Caught at the Floaroma Meadow

- BAINE the Gastly ♂, Lv. 18
Caught in the Lost Tower

- FREUD the Onix ♀, Lv. 14
Caught in the Oreburgh Mine

- CLEFF the Unown, Lv. 20
Caught in the Solaceon Ruins

- ARMINE the Eevee ♂, Lv. 20
Acquired at Hearthome City

- SAGAN the Ralts ♂, Lv. 18
Caught on Route 209

- ROBWOBWOB the Kricketune ♀, Lv. 29
Caught on Route 203
Taught her False Swipe to go with her Sing this time. I should level her up some so she doesn't fall behind the wild mons.

- KAHIKI the Nosepass ♂, Lv. 18
Caught in Mt. Coronet

- JIT the Rampardos ♂, Lv. 34
Acquired in Oreburgh City

- NANAMI the Medicham ♀, Lv. 37
Caught on Route 211

- BOXCARS the Ponyta ♀, Lv. 20
Caught on Route 210

- PACHIYELLO the Pichu ♂, Lv. 22
Caught in the Trophy Garden

- PUMA the Rhyhorn ♂, Lv. 21
Caught on Route 214

- MATLAB the Porygon, Lv. 25
Acquired in Veilstone City

- LAND WHALE the Hippopotas ♂, Lv. 22
Caught in the Ruin Maniac Cave

- CHOMP the Girafarig ♀, Lv. 26
Caught at the Valor Lakefront

- IT HUNGERS the Wingull ♀, Lv. 24
Caught on Route 213

- SPAH the Quagsire ♀, Lv. 24
Caught on Route 212

Next up: Off to Iron Island.
Hopefully we'll find a Shiny Stone somewhere so we can evolve JAMES DEAN to a Roserade and turn him into the biggest pimp this side of the Mississippi.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With N already on his way I knew I had to hurry if I was to get to the League before him. The problem was, he had the power of a legendary pokemon at his side and I was not confident in my ability to take him down. On the other hand if I did defeat his legendary pokemon perhaps he would lose hope and Alder would not lose after all. In a great hurry I bade farewell to my friends, for better or worse, we all knew that if Alder lost, it would come down between N and the might of Team Plasma against myself. I had to get there first. Victory Road was the only remaining barrier between the League and myself and I stormed through it like a whirlwind my team crushing anyone that blocked my way. It must have been some kind of record of something, the speed of which I navigated the large cave but nevertheless I reached the league in quick time. I speared toward the pokemon centre, if N was here I would bet money he would be there preparing for his challenge. I all but kicked down the door to the pokemon centre but found it empty. He was not there which meant that either I had beaten him to the League, or… or he was battling them right at this very moment. I forced myself to think carefully. The League were tough and even with the power of a legendary pokemon it would be tough for N to take them down. Even if he succeeded, he would still have to defeat Alder which would be also he tough except, except that Ghetsis had seemed confident that N would prevail, heck he had even hinted that Alder might not have actually won the title for champion. Despite my best fears, namely protecting my friends from harm, I knew that I had to challenge the Elite Four. Worst case scenario, I could still stop N even if he had beaten Alder. With my mind set I began my challenge.

The door guard let me past and then a spiked Iron Gate slammed down behind me, I swallowed, no going back now. I strode towards the first gateway on the left, and was surprised to enter a creepy library. Shauntal was above me somewhere and I was wondering how I would get to her when two spirits (?) lifted me up to her platform.

"'Eyes brimming with dark flame, this man rejected everything other than himself in order to bring about one singular justice... That's part of a novel I'm writing. I was inspired by the challenger who was just here, and somehow I got a little sad...”

…Shit

Turns out I had not beaten N to the League just missing him by perhaps mere minutes. Now I had to win 4 battles while at best he had at least 3 to go before Alder. Ugh. Shauntal paused, then threw a pokeball, out came a Cofagrigus and the battle was on.

With Cofagrigus out I knew I had to tread carefully, Shauntal was a member of the Elite Four and would therefore have methods to deal with Dark types. With this in mind I sent out Tempest which could survive any surprise attacks. Moving quickly Tempest struck first slamming into the bulky ghost with a powerful Crunch. Cofagrigus however, seemed perfectly fine and blasted a stream of fire at Tempest from close range. The flames scorching my powerful Dark type. Shauntal gave a smirk but then the berry around my Tempests neck glowed, soft blue light enveloped Tempest which soothed its terrible burns. Shauntal gave a frown of irritation. She had gambled on crippling my best weapon against her team, she had even calculated that she would survive a second Crunch once burnt. Now however, she had lost her first pokemon while I had a perfectly healthy Tempest ready to sweep. Tempest closed in, nailing the ghost with a second Crunch which was too strong for it to handle.

Shauntal gave a shrug, as if the loss of one quarter of her team did not bother her in the slightest. Out came a Jellicent and I decided to play it safe by sending out Thorns. A Surf did nothing and Thorns simply nailed it with a Toxic condemning it to a slow death. A Power Whip follow up devastated her Jellicent and Shauntal has left in dire trouble.

Chandelure was next up and against Thorns I knew it would destroy it without a second thought. Unsure, if Tempest could survive a massively powerful Fire Blast I sent in Jade, to quickly clean up. A Shadow Ball was launched of huge power however Jade was able to barely survive the blast before smashing its shell. Shauntal suddenly realised my plan, so focused on preventing my Dark type from sweeping she had forgotten that there were other pokemon on my team that were a threat. Jade was not more powerful and faster than the flaming spectre and blasted it with a powerful Waterfall. Golurk was next up but alas, it could do nothing as Jade slammed into it with a second Waterfall giving me victory.

Grimsley was next up and we wasted no words on each other. I sent out my trusty Tempest while he sent out his own Scrafty. The two pokemon appraised each other. Both were the exact same level so this battle would be decided on skill alone. Thinking quickly we both cried out for a Brick Break, Tempest a little faster on the draw but both attacks cancelled each other out. Grimsley looked slightly irritated and called for a second Brick Break. Back and forth Tempest traded blows everything even but neither side wanting to switch attacks for fear of taking a super effective hit. Grimsley must have liked his odds however, perhaps banking on Scrafty’s excellent bulk as he called for a Sand Attack. Perfect, this was just what I had been waiting for, with Scrafty open for attack Tempest jumped high in the air, Grimsley realised what was happening a split second too late, Tempest lashed out with is foot in a kick that hammered into Scraftys Jaw sending him head over heels, knocked out. Tempest landed lightly on his feet ready for more.

Grimsley gave a snarl, calling out his Bisharp. I kept Tempest in and launched a Brick Break banking on Bisharps large weakness to Fighting to force Grimsley on the defensive. Bisharp countered with a powerful Aerial Ace to stop my attack cold. Again Tempest and Bisharp entered the same sort of dance, blocking attacks and searching for an opening. Grimsley knew I had revealed Hi Jump Kick and would be prepared for it, he was not going to open himself up like that again. As Tempest and Bisharp exchanged blows I realised that it was becoming a test of endurance and that Tempest, already tired from its previous battle, might lose. Gritting my teeth I knew there was only one option left, Grimsley would not open himself up to attack deliberately, but perhaps I could counter attack. So when Grimsley ordered yet another Aerial Ace I responded by ordering Tempest to take that hit. Grimsley again realised my plan, banking on Tempests bulk to launch a furious counterattack which was exactly what happened, Aerial Ace was stronger than I realised, however, Tempest was bulky, and a powerful High Jump Kick was stronger still and Bisharp simply crumbled under its sheer power.

Liepard was next up and I sent in my trusty Thorns to do battle. Forcing Fake Out to inflict even more damage to Liepard than it did to Thorns Grimsley tried to weaken it with repeated Night Slashs however Thorns was too strong, A Power Whip slamming into it crippling it before Thorns tucked in its body and spin itself as a disk of Iron which slammed into Liepard finishing it off.

Furious, Grimsley sent out his Krookodile. I saw its intimidating power and knew that anything I sent in would be reduced in attack power. Henceforth I brought in Cell who faced down that powerful Croc. Grimsley smiled, he knew that Krookodile was strong enough to kill it, he ordered a Crunch just as with a flash of light, Cell disappeared and in its place, stood my steadfast friend, the one member I could call on to crush this beast, the powerful Bacon who shrugged off the Crunch with ease. Grimsley seemed surprised my courage to send in a Fire Type on his Ground Type. I focused hard, I knew that Bacon was bulky, knew that it could survive super effective hits I had to trust in my skills as a trainer. The truth was, I had little other options, Thorn was still weakened from previous battles and it was neutral to Earthquake anyway. Plus I knew that Krookodile was bulky enough to take a super effective hit. And there was always that 15% chance of a miss. It would come down to whether Bacon could take a hit and then crit Krookodile with a Brick Break. Grimsley ordered an Earthquake while I could only pray that Bacon would prevail…

CLIFFHANGER YEAH. O.k in all seriousness im typing this up as fast as I can and shitto keep up with whats happening on my game. Also the update was already getting long (it just hit 1500 ish words) so this is Part 1. Part 2 might be posted after a few hours assuming I beat Grimsley

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I can explain!

I've had to get a new computer recently, dumping all my Pokemon ROMs (though I do have the actual cartridge, I much prefer ROMs) and my interest in Nuzlockes. Now that I'm back on a new computer, I can finally get back on my Nuzlocke Challenge.

If you remember my previous update, I had a Mankey and a Squirtle. I had to change ROMs, so now it is a Spearow and a Squirtle. Other than that, it's the same team.

DetroitLolcat's Firered Nuzlocke Challenge!
Part Two: Rocking Brock!

After a close run in with his rival, Lolcat rushes back down Route 22 and into Viridian City to heal his pet turtle. After visiting the Pokemon Center, Lolcat explores the northern half of Viridian City; however, first, an old man greets him in the center of town.

"Yo, red hat! Wacchu doin' in da nort haff uh town!", greets the old timer.

After deciphering the old nutcase's New Jersey accent, Lolcat tries to formulate a response that wouldn't brand him as a "Palletfag".

"Dawg, i jus' be wawkin down da street when a stupid canoley like you be talkin' to me!", eloquently replies Lolcat.

"So, wise guy, lemme see what you gots on ya'!"

After searching Lolcat's person for anything of interest, the man starts fidgeting with Lolcat's Pokedex, saying,

"What's a this? Is it da new fanschy Eye-Phone from da Apple place? Hm, naw, my buddy Mardy's got one a dhose an' it don' look a thing like dis fanschy ding! Hmm...is it wan a dhose Pokey-Deckses that da Oak guy in Pallet Town has? Cuz we don't take kindly to da Pallet Town folks here in Viridian City!"

Remembering his conversation with the equally inept shopkeeper, Lolcat devises a similar response to the man's statement

"Yeah, it iz! I nabbed it off da stupi' Professa when he was owf doin' sum stupi' Pallet Town thing!"

Impressed, the man replies, "Nice, bro! Way ta show da Palletfags wat da best city in Kanto is, Viridian City! Ey, bro! You know how ta catch a Pokey-mon? Lemme sho' ya!"

A battle ensues between the older guido and a Weedle. The man throws a Pokey-Ball (as he calls it) and captures it. He then throws the Weedle back into the wild as folks from Joyzee don't take kindly to bugs.

"Ya see, bro! It'z dat eazy!"

After bragging about his ability to capture a small bug in his annoying accent, the old man gives Lolcat a Teachy TV, a small portable television featuring some annoying fellow explaining very obvious facts about Pokemon. Lolcat proceeds to the northeastern side of Viridian City, seeing the lone building dominating the district: The Viridian City Pokemon Gymnasium. Lolcat steps up to the door, seeing the first step to the Pokemon League right before his eyes. Lolcat places his hand on the door, and...it doesn't budge. The man next to him explains that the Gym Leader disappeared months ago and without a Leader, the Gym is not allowed to be open to the public.

Disappointed, Lolcat realizes that there's nothing else of importance in the city, so he enters Route 2 to the north. On Route 2, Lolcat is permitted to capture one Pokemon, the first one he sees. The possibilities are:

Pidgey: 45%
Rattata: 45%
Caterpie: 5%
Weedle: 5%.

Honestly, any of them would be pretty good, though none of them can help against Brock in the near future... Raticate would do well for the beginning of the game, and it gets Hyper Fang at level 13... well, the winning Pokemon is...

PIDGEY! Though expected, Lolcat accepts the tiny bird and realizes that a Pidgeot in the future could benefit the team. Since Lolcat already has a Spearow, he decides to capture the Pidgey but hold it in the PC as a reserve if something goes horribly wrong. And since the game's first "dungeon", Viridian Forest, looms ahead of the Trainer, something will probably go wrong.

Lolcat wanders into the forest and looks around. There are a few Youngsters battling Pokemon, but the forest was deathly quiet aside from that. The wild Pokemon are probably hiding in the small grass. Standing in front of an unusually large tree was a lone Youngster warning Lolcat that there are numerous Bug Pokemon in the forest and that the boy's friends are raring to battle Pokemon. Lolcat meets the dungeon's first pokemon, a Caterpie. Even as a Butterfree, it's not that good, but it's more than acceptable at the moment because Butterfree gets nice Sleep moves and Confusion/Psychic in the future. And its ability Shield Dust will prevent any Poison Sting hax!

Since Caterpie lagged behind the rest of the group in level, Lolcat felt the need to grind the caterpillar slightly to Level 6 by having it solo a Bug Catcher, an impressive feat for the team's newest member. After a short trip back to Viridian Canter, Lolcat, with his new team, battles the second catcher of Bugs. Caterpie and Spearow take down the opposing trio, with no Poison hax at all! The most important part of the battle was Caterpie reaching its seventh level, which we all know means...METAPOD! METAAAA!

Since Tackle on Metapod ran out of PP, Lolcat switches to Squirtle and Spearow to finish off the forest's wild Pokemon.

With half a full team intact, Lolcat steps out of the venomous forest's gate and into fresh air again, this time in Pewter City. Obviously, Lolcat heals his team at the Pokemon Center and samples the city's culture. Hopefully it won't be a city of brain-dead stoopid Viridianers. The town featured a museum on the other side of town and a Gym at the end of the circular main road. Though the Museum seemed interesting, the Pewter City Official Pokemon Gym drew Lolcat's attention like a moth to a flame.

However, Lolcat felt that he wasn't ready for the Gym yet, so he trained Squirtle a level and Metapod two, ensuring evolution for the latter.

With a Squirtle, a Spearow, and a Butterfree in tow, Lolcat marches on the Pewter City Gym, ready to take on the first of eight Gym Leaders. Inside the Gym, Lolcat meets a rocky interior with no traps and only one Trainer inside. The unnamed Gym Leader stands at the back of the room. The dark-skinned leader declares to Lolcat, "Welcome, challenger, to the Pewter Gym! I assume you're here to challenge it, correct?"

"Yes," declares Lolcat.

"Good! It's been two days since the last Trainer showed up! And he beat me, too, so I'm looking for revenge!"

Lolcat assumes that the Trainer was Blue. This means that Blue is probably halfway to Mt. Moon by now, a good day's hike ahead of Lolcat.

"HOWEVER!" cries the Leader, "To prove that you're worthy of the Pewter Gym Challenge, you must defeat one member of the Gym! Come forth, my apprentice!"

A young Camper steps out from behind the rocks. Obviously, this guy is a member of the Gym. Probably one of the better ones if he's allowed to take direct challenges from Trainers. The Camper sent out a Geodude, and Lolcat countered with Spearow. Spearow retreats to Squirtle, who cleans up the Rock Pokemon. After Geodude's demise, the Camper tosses his second (of two) Pokeballs, this time containing a small mole. Lolcat remembers that this Pokemon is called Sandshrew. Since it is not a Rock-type Pokemon, Lolcat decides to bring out Spearow for the fight. However, the shrew used too many Defense Curls for Spearow to crack it, so Lolcat returns the bird for Squirtle again, who cleanly knocks out the small creature and ends the battle.

"Congrats, Trainer! You may go to the Pokemon Center to rest your pokemon! The match begins in thirty minutes, so use them wisely!"

After a short trip to the Center and a walk back to the Gym, Lolcat uses the final ten minutes to declare the battle plans.

"Okay. This should be an easy fight. I'm going to lead with Butterfree who could use some experience, but I'm going to quickly withdraw her and switch in Squirtle. Squirtle should sweep Brock clean. If someone dies, which shouldn't happen, I'll switch back to Butterfree to finish it up. There shouldn't be any casualties, however. Got it? Break!"

Gym Battle 1: Brock!

Brock throws out a Geodude to start the match, and Lolcat counters with Butterfree as planned. Squirtle picks up Water Gun midway through the fight, facilitating the sweep even more. All in all, not a hard fight.

"I yield!" declares Brock. "It seems you won this, uhh, Lolcat, was it? As a result of your victory over myself and the Pewter Gym, I confer onto you the official Pokemon League Boulderbadge. Its presence will make your pokemon stronger! It also certifies you as one step closer to the Pokemon League Finals and, as an added bonus, lets you use the move Flash outside of battle. You also receive a small cash prize of one thousand four hundred Pokedollars (a lot less than it seems) and a Technical Machine! This TM contains the move Rock Tomb, a somewhat low powered Rock attack that will always lower the foe's Speed. For a Trainer with only one Gym Badge, a move with this kind of power will go a long way! Beware, though, as you only get to use it once!"

After that rather long victory speech, Lolcat thanks the Leader for the battle and wanders off towards the Pokemon Center knowing that he just took his first steps towards the Pokemon League Finals...

To Be Continued...

END OF PART 2

Coming up on Part 3 of DetroitLolcat's Firered Nuzlocke Challenge!

Lolcat enters the grassy plains leading up to Mt. Moon, but makes a strange encounter within the vast cave!
Lolcat's Pokemon continue evolving, making his team stronger than ever!
And let's not forget a familiar face that Lolcat hasn't seen since Part 1!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team:

[pimg]7[/pimg]
Squirtle, Level 13

[pimg]21[/pimg]
Spearow, Level 11

[pimg]12[/pimg]
Butterfree, Level 10

Note from The Lolcat: I'm going to probably update on a weekly basis now. There should be I think 19 parts in total, but don't hold me to that! I think it might be a little less!

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Part TWO

Krookodile leaped into the air before landing hard on the ground sending massive shockwaves across the floor. Bacon braced itself before the shock waves hit, lifting it up and throwing it across the room. Bacon smashed into a wall and fell flat onto the floor. Grimsley gave a shrug, as if it was to be expected. Then came a groan, critically injured, it somehow stood up. Grimsley could only stand in awe. Despite playing an excellent game in weakening by prized fighting types for a final push, Bacon had somehow survived this final onslaught. Anger flowed through his face before it quickly faded. Krookodile could not long win this, as Jade was strong enough to take an Earthquake and then beat a weakened Krookodile with Waterfall. Thorns could also likely take one Earthquake and finish with Power Whip, however he knew that Brick Break could not KO, Krookodile required two super effective attacks to take it down. However, taking down Bacon would be a just revenge. Bacon slowly got to its feet preparing itself for one final devastating attack. Suddenly its body began to glow red hot. I had a sudden flashback to Striaton Gym, Embour suddenly flashed white and a wave of intense heat swept across the field. Blaze had activated in the nick of time. With Bacon now reaching huge power it was time to finish this, “Bacon lets do this, Flame Charge!” I yelled, Bacon began to charge, Flame clocked it before it tackled Krookodile with massive force. Krookodile skidded across the ground before getting up. It had survived the blow but it no longer mattered, Flame Charge had boosted Bacons Speed and now I was able to get in a second blow, Bacon swept forward, slamming into Krookodile for the second time with a powerful Brick Break crushing the energy out of it and forcing it to collapse in a dead faint.

After that close call I was reluctant to continue but I knew that I had no choice. Moving to my third doorway I entered a rather peaceful room where I was lifted up for some sort of psychic power and carried to Caitlin’s stage. She seemed tired and I wondered if she had not yet battled N. I wanted to enquire about this but it was clear she was not in a great mood. Taking a deep breath I stepped forward to challenge her.

The battle with Caitlin was fast and furious. She sent out her Reuniclus and I did the same with Cell at my side. Cell, although slow, was still faster than her Reuniclus and nailed it with a powerful Shadow Ball. Not to be outdone Caitlin followed with a powerful Thunder which paralysed Cell. Still under pressure, I knew that Reniclus was weakened enough and quickly switched in my powerhouse, Sobek on the obvious Thunder. A quick Crunch later and Reuniclus was down and Moxie activated, giving Sobek a much needed attack boost.

Caitlin sent out a Sigilyph, a pokemon which I knew possessed a fair amount of power and speed. Riding my luck I stayed in and watched as Caitlin ordered an unexpected Ice Beam. The blue beam of extreme cold smashed into Sobek who gave a cry of pain at the super effective attack. Suddenly, the beam vanished cut off and Sobek stood firm still alive. Belatedly I remembered Iris giving me a Yache Berry in Castelia City. This gift stood me in god stead now as Sobek then crushed the mystical bird with a second Crunch and gaining a second Moxie boost. Facing down such a powerful foe now with a +2 attack boost Caitlin realised the battle was effectivally over. She had gambled everything on Sigilyph and now she had nothing to stop Sobek. Her next two pokemon were quickly finished off and I advanced, to a battle with the last remaining opponent, Marshal

Marshal was a fighting trainer and I knew that Cell had the advantage here. This was (basically) the reason I had originally chose to put it in my party. Its attacks were very powerful and it quickly destroyed Throh, Sawk and Conkedurr. Again Marshals strongest pokemon, Mienshao, I entrusted the job to Bacon. I was worried that Mienshao might posses a super effective attack and knew that Bacon could handle anything that Mienshao could throw at me. The faster pokemon, Mienshao moved first lashing out with a critical Jump Kick sending Bacon reeling. Bacon was tough though, really touch and as before the power of Jump kick activated Blaze unlocking its full potential. Bacon glowed with power and crushed Mienshao with a powerful Flame Charge increasing Bacons Speed before annihilating Mienshao with a superfast STAB Blaze boosted Heat Crash which, with Mienshaos low weight, was boosted to 100BP making it Bacons strongest attack. This was far too much for Mienshao to handle and it collapsed the hit far too powerful for it to resist. With Marshal down, it was time to enter the inner sanctum of the League and find out how N was going with his own league challenge.

I check this thread, and bam, three fantastic updates from ninja, lolcat and Jarardo.

Ninja, I loved the Yache Berry Chekhov's Gun there against Caitlin, and Bacon performed fantastically.

Jarardo, your art style is great as always. ROLLIN' DEEP WITH A PARTY OF SIX!

Lolcat, the Viridian/Pallet rivalry is priceless.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^What he said. I'm probably going to Nuzlocke FR and White again after I finish breeding EEvee's/

Also, JM, I understand you're something of a professional sprite maker?

ginganinja

After my successful challenge I stepped onto the statue which slowly sank into the floor below and I was left standing alone, in a massive cavern. With a fucking huge staircase I rushed up it as fast as I could. I figured that N was ahead of me so I moved as fast as I could. I entered the chamber and saw N standing victorious over Alder. N crowed his victory and I realised that I had arrived too late. All Alder could do was beg for N to stop his ideals. It was horrible to watch and I realised that it was up to me now to stop this. Suddenly N gave an order and there was a massive rumbling. The Castle of Team Plasma burst up for underground smashing the chamber I was standing in. N was clearly wasting no time in imposing his own style on things. I raced up the black ladder to make my way into the Castle.

I entered the chamber of the Castle and came face to face with 6 Sages of Team Plasma, Ghetsis was not there. The sages blocked my way, preparing themselves on for a 6 on 1 battle. Skilled as I was there was no way I was going to be able to take on all of them and not lose a friend. On the other hand I had little choice, I gave a snarl of anger when Clay and the gym leaders of Unova arrived offering words of encouragement and stepping forward to do battle with the Sages in my stead. I gave a silent prayer of thanks to Bianca before continuing onwards to track down N in this massive Castle.

The next floor I encountered Concordia. Apparently she looked after N as a boy or something. She told me that N had only had pokemon, pokemon given to him by Ghetsis for company that had been mistreated by heartless trainers thus manipulating his views. I swore. It was clearly not N’s fault he thought this way, he had not known any better. The real person to blame was Ghetsis and I gave a silent vow I would give the old man a sound thrashing once this was over. I had to talk to N, get him to see reason and realise he was being manipulated.

On next floor I saw a room, it was N’s room. It was kinda… sad really. I imagined a little kid, all alone with no friends sitting her by himself. Man I felt sorry for this kid. I entered the final floor and came face to face Ghetsis. “You” I snarled. Ghetsis only gave a small smile. His precious plan was clearly very close to achieving its goal. I was furious at this man. “You know why my pokemon are dying don’t you?” Ghetsis gave a slight nod of his head before stepping aside and refusing to look at me. Seeking to undermine his confidence I launched a parting shot “how does it feel to put all your trust in N, someone who has never beaten me before”. If Ghetsis heard me he gave no sign, continuing onwards to a viewing platform which was obvious now that I thought about it. It makes sense that this twisted old man would enjoy a front row seat watching my pokemon get murdered.

The battlefield was rather pretty when I stepped inside. N stood on a throne and slowly began to walk towards me. “N please you must stop this!” I pleaded but he refused to listen. To make matters worse my Dark Stone refused to transform, I set my jaw and met him in the centre of the field. Still Zekrom refused to respond. N smirked proclaiming that I was clearly not a hero.

“You have two options. Challenge me to a fight you can't win, or leave this place and watch the birth of a new world where Pokémon are free of people!” I gave a silent snarl of determination. There was no way I was going to retreat now and let people and pokemon be permanently separated. No matter how hopeless this looked I was going to take him down. Also, it irked me that N believed I could not prevail against him without the assistance of a legendary pokemon.

Seeing that I was clearly not going to leave N gave a shrug before calling forth Reshirim. The might white dragon smashed through the wall behind the throne, sending a blast of intense heat into the air above. Its sheer, careless power causing my resolve to tremble before I controlled myself and stood firm.

Suddenly the Dark Stone glowed, and then split apart. A surge of electricity was released and Zekrom stood in front of me. I swallowed, with N observing there was no way in hell I was going to let him catch a glimpse of my team, I decided to use my Master Ball for an easy capture.

Templing, I held Zekroms ball aloft in victory, before it disappeared in a flash of light. N stopped dead, “What?”
A slow smile spread across my face, “You did not seriously think I would stoop so low as to use Zekrom against its brother Reshrim did you?” N appeared confused but I knew I had made the right choice. Beating N would be so much harder without Zekrom however, I knew it was possible. Also I had no intension of endangering Zekrom in a high stakes battle such as this. Furious, N stepped forward. He had clearly expected a full on Reshrim vs Zekrom fight but again, I knew this was wrong. The two dragons could never defeat each together being too much alike, instead, my own team, with all there shared experiences, would finally take N down once and for all!

N wasted no time. Right from the start Reshrim stood face to face. I swallowed. Taking on a legend with no legends of your own is tough enough but I also had 5 other pokemon to take down as well. I take some confidence that N must be feeling a little nervous too. Leaving Reshrim to last might have been the better option to rip through my weakened team. Regardless, I sent out Jade to do battle with this powerful dragon.

Reshrim wasted no time in unleashing a powerful Fusion Flare. A Blast of Flame arched into the air before soaring downwards and exploding on Jade. Such was the power of the attack, I was almost knocked off my feet, as it was, the sudden blast of fire was almost blinding. Shielding my face against the intense heat I could make out the form of Jade, struggling against the intense heat. Suddenly, it was all over. N stared hopefully in the direction of Jade thinking that after such a devastating attack he might have scored a quick KO. However, he was sadly mistaken. I had picked Jade for this fight because of a x4 Fire resistance and was thus able to shrug off an attack of that power. In retaliation Jade blasted a flurry of rocks at Reshrim, doing a fair amount of damage. N gave a grimace at the sudden onslaught and called for an abrupt change of plan. A blast of psychic energy smashed into Jade and this time there was no X4 resistance to save him. I let out a cry but then saw that, while hurt, Jade was still alive. This time a blast of water smashed into the legendary dragon further weakening it.

With Jade unable to take a second attack I re-evaluated my position. Jade clearly had to be switched out but whatever I brought in had to be able to survive 2 attacks and KO the legendary Dragon sitting at around1/3rd HP. After a bit of thought I made my choice, a flash of red light enveloped Jade and when it faded, Tempest stood in its place. The blast of psychic energy failed to affect Tempest which gazed up at the legendary pokemon, seemingly unfazed. N frowned, he clearly had expected Reshrim to be bulldozing through my team but here I was, holding my own against this mythical pokemon. N seemed to come to a decision, another fireball arched into the air and I could only watch helplessly “Tempest please hang on” I cried just as the Fireball smashed into Tempest and exploded. This time, with no x4 resistance protecting me the shock wave from the attack lifted me up and threw me back a few feet. “Tempest!”

Yeah yeah yeah another cliff hanger. On the other hand its like 1AM so I think you can bear with me while I get some much needed sleep. Also this update was getting pretty long anyway

Part 6

Part 6

After i got my badge, I went outside to heal my pokemon. After that, I walked to Route 6, still happy about the victory against Clay. When I entered Route 6, It suddenly started to rain, heavily. Like the sky was crying. In the grass, I found a Swadloon, but unfortunately, I accidentally killed it with a critical hit. Too bad. After some trainer battles which only consisted of Deerlings, Swoobats and Emolga's I saw the entreance for Chargestone Cave. But there was an electric spider web blocking the way! Clay showed up and broke the web with his Krokorok. He also finally gave me the Tm for Bulldoze. Then I entered the cave

When I entered, a strange groupp of ninja's suddenly surrounded me. They were the Shadow Triad. The said to me that N wanted me to find him. They then disappeared. Strange...... Anyway, I caught a replacement for Marty: the calm, female, Shelob the Joltik. Then Professpr Juniper and Biancaa arrived! They told me about the electric stones in chargestone cave and that I would be able to move them. I also go the Lucky Egg, to train my Pokémon.

Eventually, I saw Plasma Grunts in the cave. So N was in the cave.... After lots of battles with Watchogs and Liepards, I reached N. He told me tht he was the Chosen one and that he wanted to test me. When I beat him he told me that Cheren seeks power and that Biacna knows that not everyone is powerfull. He told that I was the balanced person, the person that every pokemon trainer should be. Then he left. He confused me, to be honest, but I was sure that I would see him again.

I entered the city and Mr Juniper appeared. He gave me the Pokédex search function upgrade. Skyla, the gym leader, also came. She saw that I wanted to battle her, but she saw a wounded pokemon on Celestial Tower, so I had to go there first.

Route 7 wasn't that spectacular. There were some trainers, but that was about it. The only thing that I should mention here is that I caught a male Foongus called Toad.

Celestial Tower was bigger than I expected. The first floor had some graves and there a lot of trainers upstairs. Surprisingly enough, they all had a phychic type like Elgyem or Sigilyph. I encountered a Litwick called Lumière, but the ingame name is Lumiere because the è wasn't avaialable. It had a Calm nature with the flash fire ability (nice!). On the top of the tower, I rang the bell in honor of all dead pokemon: Daddy, Cleo, Shuvel and Chip. Skyla healed the wounded pokemon with a Max Revive and she said that she would be waiting for me at the gym.

This is one of my most favorite gyms. The other one is the Nimbasa City Gym. This one features a lot of cannons that blast you through the area. I didn't injure myself, but one cannon wasn't alligned very well. It blasted me into a wall (ouch!)!! I eventually reached Skyla and was ready for the battle:

Gym leader: Skyla. Type: Flying
I knew that Skyla would lead with Swoobat, so I used Mr. Kroc to start the battle. Swoobat used Amnesia to start, while I used Crunch. Swoobat BARELY lived, but I got the Defence drop. Skyla emediately went for a Hyper Potion, But thanks of the Defence drop, Mr. Kroc OHKO'ed Swoobat.

The she sent in Swana. I immediately switched to Shelob.
Swana used an Air Slash, but it didn't casy much harm. Shelob went for the Electroweb and thanks to the 4x damage, It was an OHKO.

Final round: Unfezant vs Triceratop
Triceratop went first and used a Rock Tomb, which did over half damage. Unfezant used leer and TRiceratop KO'ed with Rock Tomb..

We won the Jet badge! This was the easiest battle thus far, a relief to me and my pokemon. I also got the Tm for Acrobatics and taught it to Pete. On to the next gym!

Triceratop (Archen) lvl 35
Docile Nature with Defeatist
- Pluck
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- Dig

Shelob (Joltik) lvl 34
Calm nature with Compoundeyes
- Slash
- Electroweb
- Signal Beam
- Electro Ball

Pete (Simipour) lvl 34
Modest Nature with Gluttony
- Bite
- Grass Knot
- Rock Tomb
- Scald

Mr. Crok (Krokorok) lvl 35
Naive nature with Moxie
- Dig
- Rock Tomb
- Mud-Slap
- Crunch

Kobra (Servine) lvl 34
Quiet Nature with Overgrow
- Slam
- Leaf Tornado
- Leech Seed
- Mega Drain

Lumière (Litwick) lvl 30
Calm Nature with Flash Fire
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Whisp
- Flame Burst
- Hex

Marty (Zebstrika) lvl 30
Toad (Foongus) lvl 28
Daisy (Ducklett) lvl 25
Eagle (Tranquill) lvl 21
Mowz (Minccino) lvl 19
Worm (Sewaddle) lvl 14
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Daddy (Herdier) lvl 28
Cleo (Yamask) lvl 22
Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

- catch 1 pokémon per route MAX. It must be the first I encounter
- When a pokémon faints, it's DEAD and cannot be used again
- Nickname every obtained pokemon
- Gift pokemon count as long as required in an area where no other pokemon was required (like Archen)
- In game trade: only ONCE (as the area is 'Link trade')
- My pokémon can't be lvl'ed higher than the leader's highest lvl'ed pokemon, otherwise, they can't be used in the battle
- Max lvl for E4: 52

I'll be doing a Platinum Nuzlocke:

-The 3 Basic Rules (First Pokemon per route, fainting=death, nicknames).
-Rule 1 does not apply with repeats. However, if the repeated Pokemon is dead, the rule applies.
-No PokeCenter.
-No Legendaries.
-I'm playing on Set.

aaaa ginga don't do that to us ;_; (actually I probably deserve it for not updating but don't do it to everyone else!)

I'll update once I have time, promise! ;_;

Meh, going on a road trip, so I wanna Nuzlocke something.

*looks at games list*

I guess I'm doing Heartgold! Will be playing by general rules, except I'ma try no buying items and see how that works out =)

Wish me luck =D (and i will be giving really crappy comics for updates, don't wanna type a lot xD)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'll probably update soon, but definitely not today. The next part is only about halfway done (maybe a little more) and at 1300 words though.

5 pokemon means it's faster to level up (more exp to share around). It's usually a good idea to only use one or two pokemon until about two gyms in (depends on game). Made my nuzlockes much easier when I started doing this.

ginganinja

O.k here is the update, I am very sorry about its length (in case you were wondering it is about 2000 words) but after everyone pleading for no more cliffhangers I could hardly do another one could I?

However I did break it up into Show/Hide tags to make it even easier on the eyes.

I searched the area for Tempest but could see nothing, granted the smoke from the powerful Fire attack made it difficult but still. N gave a sad smile as if it was to be expected that I would lose a friend to this legendary pokemon. Suddenly, a shape burst out from the smoke, high in the air it soared downwards at speed, N’s eyes widened “Reshrim look out!”

WHAM

Tempest’s foot slammed into the Dragon. With the smoke acting as cover Reshrim saw the threat too late. The powerful Hi Jump Kick, in combination with its previous wounds, proved too much and the mighty legend, collapsed on the ground. N looked at me in shock having not expected me being able to defeat Reshrim without a legend of my own.

Furious, he sent out a Klinklang which slightly confused me. Tempest was weakened sure, but I was still bulky as hell and would OHKO him right off the bat, why on earth would he do this, was he conceding defeat? Confused, I considered my options before deciding to send out Bacon instead of keeping in Tempest. After all I could kill it with a Flame Charge and then try for a sweep.

Bacon appeared as Tempest was brought back and the two pokemon faced off. Suddenly, a blast of energy slammed into Bacon sending it flying backwards. “No..” I cried the unexpected speed and power of the attack had caught be completely by surprise. It was impossiable, there was no way that Klinklang could learn Focus Blast…

Still confused Bacon charged forward, cloaked in flame he charged forward smashing into Klinklang. The pokemon gave a shudder and suddenly vanished, in its place, was a Zoroark.

I gave a small groan of frustration .Zoroark was frail, but very fast. Bacon was unlikely to outspeed even with a +1 boost so I needed to take a second hit to KO it. “Bacon its o.k just brace yourself” I cried out just as Zoroark launched a second Focus Blast with deadly accuracy. The ball of energy slammed into Bacon sending him on his back. However, just like earlier, the power of Blaze activated as Bacon suddenly blasted itself with fire before slamming into Zoroark with destructive force. Zoroark was blasted off its feet, the combination of power and speed proving too much for it.

Now down in 2 pokemon N was getting frustrated. Despite having a legendary pokemon I had defeated it without undue trouble and now, I had taken back momentum with a powerful Bacon, with +2 Speed and a Blaze boost on his Fire attacks. I entertained the joyful possibility of Bacon going on a murderous rampage and thus winning me the battle without exposing my team to any possible harm However, N had the perfect counter in his own Carracosta.

With the possibility of a Bacon sweep foiled I forced myself to calm down and focus on taking each match up individually. Having a Carracosta of my own I knew how dangerous it could be. Aqua Jet would finish Bacon off and Shell Smash could open me up for a counter sweep. Playing it safe I went to my reliable Thorns.

Carracosta was slow however; it was faster than Thorns and attacked with a Stony Fist, slamming it into Thorns who shrugged off the powerful hit without too much trouble before secreting a powerful Toxic to slowly weaken the study turtle. N, realising he needed to finish this battle fast if he wanted his turtle to survive quickly attacked with another Stone Edge however Thorns was up to the task, creating a powerful shield to render the attack useless. Frustrated, N paused in his assault trying to figure out a way past my defence. I could not blame N, in wanting to take a breather, part of my battling style involved taking those powerful hits and then using bulk and cleaver switching to prevail. Luring attacks to open my opponents up to powerful, unexpected counter attackers had been a favourite strategy of mine I was enjoying the tactic again here.

N appeared to opt for the brute force approach against attacking with a Stone Edge. This time I ordered Thorns into a powerful spin, letting it dodge the strike and then launch a power whip directly into Carracosta from close range. The sheer force from the close range power hit caused Carracosta to fold in half as if winded before it was thrown through the air, knocking it out in a single blow.

The battle was roughly halfway and in this high stakes battle I was stalling N’s progress. However, my powerhouses were weakened (bar Cell) so my only hope at this stage was weathering N’s assault and then striking back hard with skill. On the plus side, I had taken down Zoroark and Reshrim, both powerful pokemon. N sent out a Vanilluxe and I knew I was in trouble. With both fighting types weakened I was limited in hurting it. N gave a grin, clearly pleased that his team had done a satisfactory job in weakening down the Ice Pokémon’s counters. Thinking carefully I realised I had two options. I could keep Thorns in and deal massive damage with Gyro Ball. Indeed, this seemed like a really good option as it was unlikely the Ice type could hurt me that badly. On the other hand I was worried that Thorns might take too much damage and thus be unable to help me later in the game, assuming of course, I needed him. After some thought I decided to take on his powerhouse, with one of my own, it was time for Cell to make an appearance.

With a flash of red light Cell appeared at my side, ready to take on this frosty Ice-cream cone. Cell was also slow, much like Thorns in that regard. However, it had certain ways of dealing with powerful attacks as N was about to find out…

Vanilluxe, furious at my team carefully eliminating its friends, sent a powerful Blizzard at Cell fuelled with all the power it could muster. The Blizzard whistled towards Cell before suddenly it Cell released a psychic blast directly at the incoming Blizzard. N watched in astonishment at Cells power as the Blizzard split apart at the power of the psychic attack before the wave of metal energy slammed into Vanilluxe causing it to cry out in pain. For a split second N looked like a lost dog, uncertain as to what to do. However, the look faded and was replaced with steely determination. N ordered a second Blizzard this time with more power in the centre. This time however, I was not going to bother trying to deflect that attack. As the blizzard hit causing massive damage Cell was able to concentre enough to launch a Focus Blast at its opponent. The fighting type attack ruthlessly crushed the ice type as in combination with the previous psychic; it could not take the hit.

With 2 Pokemon left with a grim smile N sent out the powerful Archeops to take the play of its fallen Icy brother. I swallowed hard as I saw it appear on the field. Thorns was still available to try and beat it and boy I was grateful for not letting it take on Vanilluxe. However, it was the feeling of dread that took hold of me. I knew of Archeops power of course. With massive speed and offensive stats it could overwhelm fairly easily and I lacked confidence in Thorn being able to survive a hit. Taking a deep breath, I waited for N to give his orders.

The order was not long in coming N called for Archeops strongest and most deadly attack, Acrobatics. I had no idea a weakened Thorns could take a hit that powerful, all I knew, was that it was capable of 2KOing Thorns at full health. I took another breath, I trusted the bulk Thorns had, after all that was why I had sent him back therefore hopefully Thorns could survive.

The powerful bird pokemon speared through the air, ripping it apart. At maximum Speed it did a quick victory loop before slamming its wing directly onto Thorn’s shell, the force of the flow slamming Thorns into the ground the recoil of which, then propelled Thorns into the sky. Suddenly, the bird gave a screech of pain, the iron spikes and rocky hard exterior had stripped of 25% of the pokemons health weakening it severely. I glanced skywards and saw a blur of movement; incredibly, Thorns had no only survived the blow, but had harnessed the power of the recoil letting it build up extra power. Spinning like a top it launched across the sky, a metal Frisbee it smashed into the bird that had hurt it moments ago. With its superior speed used against it as well as previous damage from its ill advised assault, Archeops had no chance, as Thorns claimed his second victim in the match.

N and I looked at each other. With Archeops gone he had only one pokemon left while I still had the use of all six of mine. Granted, most of them were weakened, hurt by the powerful attacks they had absorbed but nevertheless it was clear to both of us that Victory was going to be mine, the only question remaining was whether I would lose a friend in winning.

N gave a sigh of sadness, releasing the pokemon we both knew he had. Klinklang faced off against Thorns. Thorns could not touch the powerful steel type and while it was tempting to heal up with Cell and finish the battle on a high note I was not going to take any risks. After all I had lost a pokemon to N before due to overconfidence; I was not going to do so again, not after all this.

Sobek was my choice to face down this metallic creature and I had high hopes I would win fairly easily. Sobek appeared at my side and, with a small nod to N, the final act in this battle began.

Klinklang amazingly, was faster and my attempts at quickly closing this battle off with a quick Dig were foiled. A screech of sound smashed into Sobek making it scream in pain. Horror-struck I realised N’s plan. Furious at my “take a hit and retaliate” tactics, he was going to do the same here, softening up Sobek for one last, powerful hit. Thinking fast I ordered a Dig where Sobek could take a moment to recover and strike back hard. Sobek just managed to make it underground thus avoiding a second Metal Sound before slamming into Klinklang from below. Klinklang was sent flying but was still standing even after the super effective hit. I gave a grimace. I knew the score, N was going to launch a powerful attack here and there was nothing else I could do about it. Everything was weakened bar maybe Cell who could easily be outsped. “Sobek you can do this” I yelled out just as N ordered the most powerful attack he had in Klinklangs arsenal, Hyper Beam. The beam of energy blasted toward Sobek while I watched helplessly, realising I had badly miscalculated. With a thunderous BOOM the attack connected. Sobek pitched forward and lay on the ground motionless. Tears glistened in my eyes as I prepared to send out Bacon for the final kill when suddenly Sobek gave a small grunt. I had no idea how it had managed it and yet by the skin of its teeth, clinging to life it managed to stand before with aching slowness, it dug its way into the ground. IF Klinklang has used any other attack, it might have easily been able to get in a second attack such was the level of damage Sobek had taken, however, it had used Hyper Beam and could only watch helplessly as Sobek used the free turn to return to the underground in safety before tackling it from behind, finally bringing the battle to a close. I was all over, I had won.

“A that my dear, is just what I am talking about, the expression of utter loss of hope, the realisation of total annihilation being carried out on you and your pokemon, the pure horror at being faced with death and being unable to stop it, that is what pleases me most of all.”

Supressing my hatred at Ghetsis’s comment I could not fault it ss I stared at the pokemon in front of me, I felt utter despair and knew without a doubt, that my friends and I had met their match. The death of friends, here and now, was certain.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fucking bullshit phone erasing my update.

Synopsis: Start game. Tepig die to crithax

Restart game, name myself Astrid and am a male (sue me, shes hot). Pick Tepig, win. Obtain Scout the Patrat. Defeat N. Obtain Lancaster the Lillipup except NN fail. Scout falls to a Lillipups bscrithax. Defeat Bianca and Cheren. Obtain Bananas the Pansage. Prepare for Striaton Gym.

Part 7

Part 7

Yay part 7 already! I think this will be 10 parts in total, or more depending on the E4 :P

We go to Route 7 again but this time, we take the crossing to the house where we heal. We fight some cool looking jugglers and we see a gigantous mountain before us. Hey! who could that be? It's Cheren! Of course I'll battle you! After a quick battle against Cheren, he starts complaining about my victory and why he isn't powerful enough. Then Allder shows up again! He tells us about strength and gives me the HM Surf!

Well, the inner side of Twist mountain was more difficult than Twister! You had to walk in circles to get deeper in the mountain. Also Kobra finally evolved into his final stage!
I fought against a trainer and he had Troh. I confidently sent in Kobra to easily pwn Troh, right? Well, I learned it the hard way. Troh was really bulky and he managed to get a crit and KILL my newly evolved Korba!!! Noooooooooooooo. He died..... My starter from the very beginning..... You will be greatly missed.. That's it!! REVENGE! Come on Pete, Kill that stupid Troh! And he did. I completed the dungeon, but with many tears. At least TRiceratop evolved, so I could teach him Fly. We have to get a replacement for Kobra and I know the perfect cave for it.

After a Quick heal we Fly to Driftveil City and enter Route 6. We take some shortcuts with Surf and get some nice items. Then I began to see the entrance to Mistralton Cave and we entered.

It was really dark in there, so I only wanted to ecnounter a Pokémon before leaving again. I encountered one and it was........ a female Axew!!!! I managed to catch it and I named the hasty Axew Jade. At least I good a good replacement for Kobra, but it would take a while to get over it. At least we went to Icirrus City to battle the 7th Gym leader, Brycen.

Too bad it wasn't winter, the we could get some items. Anyways we did't have to do anything to gain acces to the gym, like every other pokemon game. Gamefreak can be really predictable sometimes you know. Team Plasma only uses like 4 different kinds of pokemon, but whatever. I bought the Tm for Fire Blast in the shop, taught it to Lumière and entered the Gym.

This Gym was kinda fun to explore, kinda... You had to skate and use special effect twists to get to the next path. All I saw were Vannillish and Cubchoo and a random Cryogonal. My team was lvl'ed and Jade was already a Fraxure. We were ready to face Brycen. Here we go!

Gym Leader: Brycen. Type: Ice
Pete vs Vanillish
So I didn't want to start with Lumière, because he is frail, so I decided to go with Pete. Brycen sent out his Vanillish. I used Surf, barely killing him. Vannillish decided to be a noob and use mirror shot and Pete shrug the attack of like it was merely a sratch. Brycen went in heal mode and used a Hyper Potion. Another Surf came in to bring the Hp back to red. After yet another Hyper Potion the 3rd Surf got a Crit, so Vanillish was gone.

Lumière vs Beartic
I wanted to pwn with my newly bought Fire Blast, so I used it right away. A Brine halved Lumière's Hp and I knew Beartic would outspeed and KO. For that reason, switched to Pete to take a Brine. Then I proceeded to KO with a STAB Surf.

Lumière vs Cryogonal
The final round and the music made me feel comfortable about the situation, but cautious. I used a Hyper Potion to see the amount of damage from Cryogonal. An Aurora Beam didn't do any significant damage. That was when I laughed and told Lumière to use Fire Blast. It was a sure 2HKO and Aurora Beam was more like a 5HKO. Cryogonal managed to bring me to 50% Hp, but then the second Fire Blast incinerated him and he was down. We won against Brycen! Yay! Our reward this time is the cool-looking Freeze Badge! We also get the TM for Frost Breath, a 40BP ice move that ALWAYS critts. We left the Gym with a big Smile on our faces, even on Lumière's face :P.

When we got out, Biacna and Cheren showed up and talked for a while. The Brycen came out and saw the Shadow Triad hiding. The told me that N was waiting for me at Dragonspiral Tower.....

Pete (Simipour) lvl 39
Modest Nature with Gluttony
- Bite
- Grass Knot
- Acrobatics
- Surf

Triceratop (Archeops) lvl 39
Docile Nature with Defeatist
- Fly
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- Dig

Shelob (Galvantula) lvl 39
Calm nature with Compoundeyes
- Slash
- Electroweb
- Signal Beam
- Thunder

Mr. Crok (Krokorok) lvl 39
Naive nature with Moxie
- Dig
- Rock Tomb
- Mud-Slap
- Crunch

Lumière (Litwick) lvl 39
Calm Nature with Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flame Burst
- Hex

Jade (Fraxure) lvl 39
Hasty Nature with Mold Breaker
- Dragon Dance
- Slash
- Flase Swipe
- Dragon Claw

Marty (Zebstrika) lvl 30
Toad (Foongus) lvl 28
Daisy (Ducklett) lvl 25
Eagle (Tranquill) lvl 21
Mowz (Minccino) lvl 19
Worm (Sewaddle) lvl 14
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Kobra (Serperior) lvl 36
Daddy (Herdier) lvl 28
Cleo (Yamask) lvl 22
Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

- catch 1 pokémon per route MAX. It must be the first I encounter
- When a pokémon faints, it's DEAD and cannot be used again
- Nickname every obtained pokemon
- Gift pokemon count as long as required in an area where no other pokemon was required (like Archen)
- In game trade: only ONCE (as the area is 'Link trade')
- My pokémon can't be lvl'ed higher than the leader's highest lvl'ed pokemon, otherwise, they can't be used in the battle
- Max lvl for E4: 52

Ouch. Losing a starter is never easy, I feel your pain... Though you do realise you could nab something in the wetlands of Icirrus City too, right? Palpitoad, Stunfisk and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)