Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPEN CHALLENGE
1v1v1v1 (4 Trainer Free-for-All with 1 Poke each)
DQ: 3 days
First signup decides recoveries/chills
Second decides abilities
Third decides items
Arena: Fountain of Dreams

A fountain filled with water with platforms rising on geysers. As this is shallow water, there is no digging. If you fall off the edge, you are teleported to the center of the stage with no HP/energy loss. Obviously there is water enough for any type of water move (but no bonus power to water type attacks).

To help prevent ganging up on one player, you are not allowed to attack the same player with consecutive actions (you must always change your target).
Lowest evolution possible for a poke! (Dratini, Embirch, Pichu, etc)

Open Challenge
(no evolved pokemon)
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Rec/2 chills
Arena:

Joseph's house
Located in a middle-lower class neighborhood in Tennessee, this small duplex is the arena. The front yard is fairly small, with the road 7 yards away from the house. The backyard's boundaries are unidentifiable, as there is no fence or landmark distinguishing them. There are a few small trees, about 20 feet high and easy to climb. It is in the wee hours, and a group of resident teenagers are playing a large-scale of hide-and-seek. Their base is a grill with the only light source a porch light directly above. There are 8 teenagers playing, and as the rounds progress, it will begin to mist, making fire type-moves obsolete(1/3 power) and fog will roll in. The teenagers have just started a round. Once the teenagers begin to notice the battle, they will crowd around to spectate.

OPEN CHALLENGE
Second decides abilities
Third decides items

A fountain filled with water with platforms rising on geysers. As this is shallow water, there is no digging. If you fall off the edge, you are teleported to the center of the stage with no HP/energy loss. Obviously there is water enough for any type of water move (but no bonus power to water type attacks).

To help prevent ganging up on one player, you are not allowed to attack the same player with consecutive actions (you must always change your target).
Sounds like fun, I'm in!
0 recoveries/ 5 chills

OPEN CHALLENGE
Second decides abilities
Third decides items

OK, I'm in, As soon as one of my battles are done, If possible (I almost at 3)!
Abilities = One
If Possible, or it's not too late, I'll get Master Bane, if it's not possible or he declines, Oh well; If I'm too late to post as 2nd challenger, Items = None.
EDIT: If possible, Pause my DQ time until I get my 1 of my match prizes, since I Just Reached my 3 consecutive battle limit, I need to complete a battle 1st, so "Stay tuned" (keep refreshing if possible) to this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3521704&postcount=253 Once one of my ongoing battles are moved to completed battles, I'll write this one soon.

OPEN CHALLENGE
Second decides abilities
Third decides items

Dropping my open challenge to take the last slot.
Items=NONE

All we need is a ref

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Open Challenge
1v1
Singles (NO...LET'S DO DOUBLES *sarcasm*)
3 Day DQ
No Recoveries, No Chills

Arena: Wasabe Desert (Yes, I do like the taste of wasabe, don't hate)

It's a desert. There are cactuses (or is it cacti?), plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a slight chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacneas, Cacturnes, and Maractus's all live in this arena. Each time a battling Pokemon get's hit, they may have a random chance encounter with one of each of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, and 3% Cacturne). These Desert Pokemon will use, Absorb, Giga Drain, and Mega Drain, respectively.

Special Rules: Only Second Stage Pokemon (so Pokes like Charmeleon, Ivysaur, etc., but not Scizor, Slowking, etc.), please.

To the ref: If you have any questions concerning the arena, let me know. I will try to answer your questions thoroughly.
Battle anyone???

Requesting a 2v2 doubles match with a twist. This twist will be explained in the arena description.

DQ time: 1 day
Limits: 2 recovers, no limits on chilling

Arena description:
These two areas were once the same, but due to Palkia's distortion of space, they've become two distinct areas. The first battlefield is a beautiful lake with a waterfall flowing into it. Pokemon either battle in the water or on the many floating rocks on the lake, or even on shore. Sandstorm cannot be used and due to an odd energy in the area, weather doesn't affect the power of attacks at all. The waterfall can be scaled, but for reasons yet to be explained , it's off limits.
Summary: Mostly water, rocks serve as platforms for land-based Pokemon and there's shore that serves a similar purpose. Weather doesn't affect the base power of any move except Weather Ball. Sandstorm cannot be used.

This is the only battlefield the 2 Pokemon battling in it can see, and it's treated as a 1v1 singles match. However, if the trainers turn around, (they'll be standing next to each other for the sake of the field) there will be a very different battlefield in view.

This place is an abandoned and eerie baby bedroom. It's very dark and so Pokemon that can't see well in the dark have their accuracy reduced by 1 stage. Terrain includes a crib, drawers, and shelves, but the latter two are filled with rocks instead of clothes or toys. Since the battle is indoors, weather will have no effect, and since the room is small, only 1st stage Pokemon are allowed to battle in here. EQ, Dig, Bulldoze, Magnitude, and Earth Power are all banned on grounds of the house collapsing and thus, the delicate design of the space rift destroyed forever.
Summary: No weather, only 1st stage Pokemon, no surf or bannable ground moves allowed but rock moves are. Accuracy reduced by 1 stage for Pokemon that can't see well in the dark.

This match is also treated as a 1v1 singles match. When one of these two matches ends, the victor Pokemon can't do anything until the other match ends. In the case of 1 Pokemon from each trainer winning the battles, the two 2 Pokemon still in the game will duke it out in the battlefield of the first victor. The prevo will have all his stats (except HP and speed) boosted by 1 rank for the final battle to compensate for the disadvantage. Last Pokemon standing wins the match for his/her/its trainer.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Requesting a 2v2 doubles match with a twist. This twist will be explained in the arena description.

DQ time: 1 day
Limits: 2 recovers, no limits on chilling

Arena description:
These two areas were once the same, but due to Palkia's distortion of space, they've become two distinct areas. The first battlefield is a beautiful kale with a waterfall flowing into it. Pokemon either battle in the water or on the many floating rocks on the lake, or even on shore. Sandstorm cannot be used and due to an odd energy in the area, weather doesn't affect the power of attacks at all. The waterfall can be scaled, but for reasons yet to be explained , it's off limits.
Summary: Mostly water, rocks serve as platforms for land-based Pokemon and there's shore that serves a similar purpose. Weather doesn't affect the base power of any move except Weather Ball. Sandstorm cannot be used.

This is the only battlefield the 2 Pokemon battling in it can see, and it's treated as a 1v1 singles match. However, if the trainers turn around, (they'll be standing next to each other for the sake of the field) there will be a very different battlefield in view.

This place is an abandoned and eerie baby bedroom. It's very dark and so Pokemon that can't see well in the dark have their accuracy reduced by 1 stage. Terrain includes a crib, drawers, and shelves, but the latter two are filled with rocks instead of clothes or toys. Since the battle is indoors, weather will have no effect, and since the room is small, only 1st stage Pokemon are allowed to battle in here. EQ, Dig, Bulldoze, Magnitude, and Earth Power are all banned on grounds of the house collapsing and thus, the delicate design of the space rift destroyed forever.
Summary: No weather, only 1st stage Pokemon, no surf or bannable ground moves allowed but rock moves are. Accuracy reduced by 1 stage for Pokemon that can't see well in the dark.

This match is also treated as a 1v1 singles match. When one of these two matches ends, the victor Pokemon can't do anything until the other match ends. In the case of 1 Pokemon from each trainer winning the battles, the two 2 Pokemon still in the game will duke it out in the battlefield of the first victor. The prevo will have all his stats (except HP and speed) boosted by 1 rank for the final battle to compensate for the disadvantage. Last Pokemon standing wins the match for his/her/its trainer.
I'll take this one Spenstar.

No switches (obviously)
No items.
All abilities.

sweet! Now to wait for someone willing to ref this x)

edit: going to fix some typos... for example, "kale" is actually "lake" lol

Open Challenge
(no evolved pokemon)
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Rec/2 chills
Arena:

Joseph's house
Located in a lower-lower class neighborhood in Tennessee, this small duplex is the arena. The front yard is fairly small, with the road 7 yards away from the house. The backyard's boundaries are unidentifiable, as there is no fence or landmark distinguishing them. There are a few small trees, about 20 feet high and easy to climb. It is in the wee hours, and a group of resident teenagers are playing a large-scale of hide-and-seek. Their base is a grill with the only light source a porch light directly above. There are 8 teenagers playing, and as the rounds progress, it will begin to mist, making fire type-moves obsolete(1/3 power) and fog will roll in. The teenagers have just started a round. Once the teenagers begin to notice the battle, they will crowd around to spectate.
Bumpity-bump

I'm challenging Pikabolter to a game, if that's legal and all...

1v1 singles
no evolved/single-stage pokemon (e.g. Gyarados, Skarmory, Marshtomp or Blaziken)
Arena: Small town at the base of the Himalayas

The sheer cliffs of the Himilaya mountains, combined with the cold temperatures make Fire type moves near impossible to use, while severely boosting rock, Water and Ice type moves...
The small viliage features a surprisingly urban environment, making Poison types feel more at home, but the town can be left for a very sudden change in scenery...
Battlers will start in the central courtyard, quite small with several exotic fruit stands crowding the area. With a cobblestone floor, digging is impossible unless the town is left, where the sheer cliffs make a very unstable battle...

In town:
Poison types Boosted
Digging impossible
Crowded environment, making large pokemon have difficulty moving

In cliffs outside of town:
Ice and rock moves boosted
Fire severely nerfed
Cliffs are not secure, Pokemon can climb them (at the base of the mountain)

I think that covered everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)