The (Past) Dark Horse Project — Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having alot of problems with hard hitting threats like terrakion and haxours can anybody help me out?

Archeops (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Espeon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sunny Day
- Shadow Ball

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Updated my registration form with new Dark Horse Pokemon and new laddering name.

Here.

Hey, Pocket. Can you suggest something that can improve my team? Because it's hovering on 1100~ and I keep on losing matches because I don't have the defense to tank damages and that sucks. I'm really not sure what am I having trouble with but yeah, I'm pretty much losing matches every now and then. This is a team built around SD Gatr.

EDIT: Forgot to put in my team lol

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Feraligatr (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt
Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick
Charge, your team is pretty vulnerable to Grass-type Sweepers. I reckon Bulk Up Breloom, CM Virizion, or Nasty Plot Celebi can deal with this team. Your team also doesn't have much answer to opposing Rain abusers, namely Jirachi and Toxicroak that can set up on your Ferrothorn. non-choiced Rotom-W looks annoying as well, with Will-O-Wisp to burn Ferrothorn, Hydro Pump to remove Gliscor, and Volt Switches.

Perhaps try LO Pain Split Gengar over Gliscor? You still check Fighting-types and Ground-types. It can bypass Toxicroak's Sucker Punch with a Substitute, and it can deal with Grass-types. Even more, it provides a spin-blocker to keep the hazards up.

Since your main Sweeper is Feraligatr, you want to have a good answer to Rotom-W, who would undoubtedly be a pest. Ferrothorn is good, but not sufficient imo. Perhaps further bolster your team's defense against Rotom-W by adding a specially defensive Gastrodon? It cripples Rotom-W with Toxic. Even more, it deals with CM Jirachi that sets up on your Ferrothorn with Earthquake. You can try this over Scarf Rotom-W and Scarf Politoed instead.

Another interesting teammate you may want to consider is Mamoswine. It lures in Rotom-W and can take it out with LO Superpower. It also has Ice Shard, which is a good revenge-killing move for Dragonite and Grass-types that may come in and force Feraligatr out. LO Mamo can probably go over Scizor, since it takes out Grass-types, Dragonite, and Tornadus, similarly to CB Scizor. Mamoswine doesn't check Ghost- and Psychic-types too well, but you have Gastrodon and Feraligatr for those.

Hey alpha :P

My current peak for now. This should put me in second for the Hall Of Fame.

Edit:

Yeah, I finally got into the 1400's. Maybe I should make a RMT.

Charge, your team is pretty vulnerable to Grass-type Sweepers. I reckon Bulk Up Breloom, CM Virizion, or Nasty Plot Celebi can deal with this team. Your team also doesn't have much answer to opposing Rain abusers, namely Jirachi and Toxicroak that can set up on your Ferrothorn. non-choiced Rotom-W looks annoying as well, with Will-O-Wisp to burn Ferrothorn, Hydro Pump to remove Gliscor, and Volt Switches.

Perhaps try LO Pain Split Gengar over Gliscor? You still check Fighting-types and Ground-types. It can bypass Toxicroak's Sucker Punch with a Substitute, and it can deal with Grass-types. Even more, it provides a spin-blocker to keep the hazards up.

Since your main Sweeper is Feraligatr, you want to have a good answer to Rotom-W, who would undoubtedly be a pest. Ferrothorn is good, but not sufficient imo. Perhaps further bolster your team's defense against Rotom-W by adding a specially defensive Gastrodon? It cripples Rotom-W with Toxic. Even more, it deals with CM Jirachi that sets up on your Ferrothorn with Earthquake. You can try this over Scarf Rotom-W and Scarf Politoed instead.

Another interesting teammate you may want to consider is Mamoswine. It lures in Rotom-W and can take it out with LO Superpower. It also has Ice Shard, which is a good revenge-killing move for Dragonite and Grass-types that may come in and force Feraligatr out. LO Mamo can probably go over Scizor, since it takes out Grass-types, Dragonite, and Tornadus, similarly to CB Scizor. Mamoswine doesn't check Ghost- and Psychic-types too well, but you have Gastrodon and Feraligatr for those.
Right, so in summary:

LO Pain Split Gengar > Gliscor
SpD Gastrodon > Rotom-W

I cannot replace Politoed because it's pretty much needed for Gatr.

EDIT: Tested out both Gastro and Gengar. They're pretty nice but they probably just add on to my Grass weakness -even though- Gengar resists them all. He's too fragile and he really just dies too fast. If he died early in the game(which is really possible due to the lack of spinner) I'm done.

I guess I'll need:

1) Spinner.
2) Grass Resist.
3) Electric Resist.

And I'm probably rebuilding my team and see how it goes. I need suggestions, though. Pocket, your suggestions really do help me loads so yeah. I don't know what's not working >_>

I'm done laddering for the day (at about 1164 points - more than half way to 1300!). Chandy's holding up well since I gave her an Air Balloon - switching in on Choiced Ground moves makes it SO much easier to set up subs and blow stuff up. :P

Now I'm lookin' for some aid in the team-building department. I've tried many teams with Chandelure, but the current one I'm using has been the most effective thus far:
Chandelure (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
~The Dark Horse, of course!

Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
~Rips rain to shreds and OHKO's all auto-weather 'mons (sans Hippowdon)

Scolipede (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
~Reliable Spiker lead, although utter setup-bait for Forretress and Skarmory

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
~Sets SR and rapes Sun alongside Chandy

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
~Mandatory 4x Fire-weakness for Chandy and Heatran, causes switches alongside Landorus to rack up hazards damage

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
~My best answer to Outraging Dragons and an all-around thorn in the side of Sandstorm teams

Opposing hazards are giving me loads of trouble, though. I -would- replace Scolipede with Forretress, but Forry just laaaaaaaags my momentum and I find the speedy Scoli to be a more reliable hazard-setter.

Thoughts?

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Generally Tentacruel can perform Scolipede's role much better since it is bulkier and doesn't just sit there like a Forretress would. It also covers up some of Chandy's weaknesses. The standard Toxic Spikes set in the Smogon pokedex is the set I would use. Losing Spikes is a problem but I find spinning more useful. Hope that helps :)

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Scolipede shouldn't really be compared to tentacruel. Tentacruel does have the ability to sit there and do nothing against certain threats, while scolipede can at least take advantage of being faster than most of the prominent Pokemon in the ou tier and possessing the move pool to threaten them. Tentacruel turns tail and runs whenever reuniclus, bulky volcorona under sunlight, Latios, specially defensive heatran under sunlight, or banded terrakion show up. Scolipede laughs at these Pokemon and removes them from its presence. I can take comfort in knowing that scolipede can be run on non stall and non weather teams.

I am currently testing a team shell on PO for a friend, but Gallade is still on it. My main account may be top 100 but my dark horse account is somewhere in hell where my specially defensive breloom loses to volt turn because scizor runs max speed and aerial ace, Gallade gets status'd by fling gliscor who then proceeds to protect four turns in a row, and teams decide that one pokemon with stealth rock and will- o-wisp isn't enough so four Pokemon end up carrying those moves.

Nonetheless, I plan to ladder up. Once I manage to get this cursed for terra set of his to work...

Pokemon Online Username: Wigglytuff
Hall of Fame Standing: None
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Accelgor
Current Ladder Standing:1000

Accelgor (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast

ok im bored so ill do some stuff i guess also the ladder is such bs

teambuilding:
so basically i had to include all of these pokemon because they were my dark horse pokemon. now because i pick frail pokemon, i cant mess around with defense; i have to go out with pure offense. additionally, i picked honchkrow to be my sweeper (because of moxie) and i picked staraptor to be the wall breaker (cb reckless brave bird is incredibly sexy). the problem that i faced was one pokemon: skarmory. it completely walled all three of my pokemon at the time. so an obvious fit was magnezone.

at this point, my team really didn't have to worry about breaking through opposing teams: staraptor and honchkrow were basically guaranteed to kill stuff. the problem was, however, that my pokemon were all hurt badly by sr (duggy has focus sash) and brave bird just exacerbated the problem. so i obviously needed a spinner. in order to maintain momentum, i had to pick an offensive spinner. there is only one good offensive spinner in existence that can threaten skarmory: starmie.

at this point, the team was looking pretty good. however, i noticed a weakness to weather teams (especially sun, although sand damage also hurt badly) and dd dragonite. scarf politoed dealt with both of these threats admirably. it also provided a secondary threat to steel types like scizor and skarmory in case they were carrying shed shell.

how the team is made up:
the team is constructed of three cores: a trapping core, a physical core, and a special core.

the trapping core is made out of duggy and magnezone. these pokemon basically provide my strongest weapon against stall. if i have dugtrio, then the opposing chansey / blissey will be killed and my special core will be able to mess up the other team badly, while magnezone will kill skarmory and allow my birds to kill stuff. the hardest part of using this core is prediction: you have to be able to predict incredibly well to use these pokemon.

the next core is my water special core. its made out of politoed and starmie. politoed basically sets up rain and spams hydro pump, thus weakeneing the other teams rotom-w, etc to the point that starmie can sweep.

the final core is my bird core. staraptor can come in on basically anything slower than it and use brave bird and kill something besides skarmory but if skarmory comes in then starmie /magnezone gets a free switchin which basically means that i get a free kill, lol. staraptor basically spams brave bird till everything is weakened (or at least one until one really annoying pokemon is gone) then honchkrow sweeps.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam
Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower
Jirachi @ Leftovers
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Wave

Yeah, that is my updated team. So far, it has been doing good, though still losing matches but not as oftenly as the previous team. It focuses on using Froslass / Jirachi to cripple notable threats. But yeah, if anybody wanna give suggestions, please do feel free to give. imma update my registration form with Froslass since I wanted to build around Gatr and Froslass after the 2nd round of teambuilding.

Pokemon Online Username: Billy Pones
Hall of Fame Standing: None for now
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Crobat (0.627%)
Current Ladder Standing: 1.000

Jolly | Infiltrator
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
♫ Brave Bird
♫ U-Turn
♫ Pursuit
♫ Cross Poison​
I tested it, it works, but isn't that good. So, i'd like to keep Crobat but with a different set. I haven't do any ladder battle, i'm still at 1.000 points. Can i start the ladder with this new set?

Jolly | Infiltrator
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
♫ Taunt
♫ U-Turn
♫ Pursuit
♫ Acrobatics​

Looks like a very interesting idea, I'd love to join

Pokemon Online Username: Assenteismo
Hall of Fame Standing: None
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Virizion, Cobalion
Current Ladder Standing:1000 obv

The 2 pokes I'm using now form a pretty solid offensive core, with a stallbreaker and a pure special attacker

Stallbreaker

Cobalion @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 Atk / 56 SAtk / 204 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Special sweeper

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

The team I'm using is very offensive, no hazards and stuff...will update some logs when I have some good battles with it, I'm starting laddering now.

@Stif247

You could try replacing Forretress with a Physical Defensive Skarmory. Both can set up SR/Spikes while Skarm has recovery outside of lefties and whirlwind to phaze. You already have Magic Bounce to stop an opponent from getting his rocks up, so Rapid spin is less necessary, although I can understand running both with Volcarona.

You could also try running a Dual Screen Espeon. Archeops in particular could benefit, as keeping it above half health is vital. Add wish and you have a way to get it back up if it does drop below. Your espeon isn't doing alot that Latios is doing better, aside from not being choiced and changing the weather.

Another possibility is Gengar > Espeon, as it provides a great switchin to Choiced Fighting and Ground attacks, which both Terrakion and Haxorus will likely be using. You could go with a SubSplit set to beat Chansey/Blissey too, helping Volcarona/Latios. Note that if you go with this option, definitely keep Forretress, as its Rapid Spin will be vital.
If you do go with SubSplit Gengar maybe change to a scarf on Latios to deal with opposing Scarfs/+1 threats.

I haven't tested any of these (or your team at all in fact :p), so they might be terrible, but these are just some of what I might try. Perhaps test on a different account at first?

As for my own Dark Horse, it's going quite well:

*** Your rank in Standard OU is 310/48556 [1261 points / 75 battles]!

I got stuck in the 1150-1200 range for quite a few battles, but changing SD Luke for Scarf Landorus really helped, as before i had 4!! fighting weaks and only 1 resist, as well as 3 ground weaks.

Cradily in particular is quite remarkable, taking a +2 Dnite Outrage and dealing >50% in return? easy (after I changed to Rock Slide > Energy Ball). Ice Beams are also amusing, most dealing ~40% max.

Crobat is great against choiced fighting moves, taking ~25% from Banded Terrakion Close Combats, and is also decent against Scizor's Bug Bite/Superpowers, although Banded Bullet Punches still hurt.

The team does have problems, such as no water resist once Cradily is gone and no rock resists at all, so I might change Landorus again, maybe to Virizion?

Also final thing, Inner Focus or Infiltrator on Crobat? I see lots of people running Infiltrator, but Screens are much less common now Deoxys is gone and no flinch is handy for Fake Out users.

Pokemon Online Username: Lightning Siax
Hall of Fame Standing: None as of yet!
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Houndoom
Current Ladder Standing: 1178

Houndoom (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I've switched from Snorlax to Quagsire and edited my post to show that. I literally just could not win at all with my Snorlax team, but I might come back to it.

For now though, Quag.

Quag @ Leftovers
Unaware
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Relaxed
Scald
Toxic
Earthquake
Recover

I just started playing OU again but I'm assuming this is the standard set? I don't know, maybe some people use Ice Beam over Scald. This is the only set my team could ever run, though, as it helps me better deal with many Steel type threats, mostly SD Scizor.

My current team is Tyranitar/Forretress/Quaggy/Gengar/Reuniclus/Blissey. I'm finding that Quag and Forretress especially play extremely well together, not only for their type synergy, but for the fact that Quag allows Forretress to come in on common mons and set up hazards in peace, without having to worry about getting swept by +6 something.

Going decently well so far, at rank 349 with 1254 points. I should have no problem getting this higher once I learn the metagame a little better. Hopefully I'll get my Quaggy into the Hall of Fame. :)

Okay guys, after peaking at 853 on Smogon server, I seem to have hit a brick wall with my offensive sand team, and Virizion as my Dark Horse (edited my regestration post btw). Here's my team:

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 176 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

My weather setter, and surprise shocker on those pesky Ninetales switches. The EV's are for hitting harder on the special side, since T-tar already has better attack. I run SE and Crunch for STAB, with Fire Blast and Ice Beam for coverage, but quite good coverage at that. The only thing that hinders my T-tar is the multitude of weaknesses that he has. Getting OHKOed by a Terakion on turn 1 sometimes or getting hit by a CB Scizor U-turn hurts.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The bread-and-butter of my team. Scarf Landy is my one and only answer to pokemon faster than the rest of my team, or Trick pokemon. Even so, I have gotten quite a few sweeps with EQ, but really the most annoying thing is being Choice-locked. If I could switch moves but yet still have the same boost in speed, Landy could sweep almost every team. Still, Landy is one of my personal favorites on my team, and was excanged on this team for Excadrill after he left. He's probably the perfect fit for this team right now.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split

A fantastic pokemon, in Rotom-W, but one that really isn't all that useful except for maybe tanking a hit on this HO Sand team. Rotom has troubles with his speed, getting outsped and OHKOed quite a bit, or people send in Blissey right away (which, btw, I HATE). This completly gives the opponent the momentum, making me possible setup fodder. He still gives me my third Fire move, and probably making that the most important. A lot of times the frailty and/or weaknesses of Latios and T-tar come into play, KOing them early, and making my only major fire type move come into Rotom's hands.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace

I absolutly adore this Scizor set, though Heatran gives it FITS. Seriously, a +6 Bullet Punch does about 31%! Even so, not many people expect there precious Fighting type to get OHKOed or 2HKOed in front of thier eyes by Aerial Ace. It's also great to abuse a never-missing move that is boosted by Technician. Overall, a wonderful member, and probably one of the most valueble.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Latios, ah Latios. Definately the main special sweeper of the team, but the most frail all the same. The frailty really hurts Latios, and Latios is the only Dragon on the team, but still one of the most powerful all the same. Latios usually nets one or more KOs per game, but his use is definatly drawing shorter as this team progresses up the ladder.

Virizion @ Life Orb
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
The Dark Horse of the team, but still one of the best, and our counter to almost any weather. Ninetales is the only weather-creater that is not hit super-effectively by this set, and even Ninetales usually is killed by the rest of this team. The only thing that troubles Virizion again his the weaknesses. Without those, Virizion would shine a whole lot more than he does currently.

Overall, this team has done really well so far, but now we need help. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Pokemon Online Username: TheDarkHorse (appropriate, isn't it?)
Hall of Fame Standing: Just getting started, so, nope.
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Virizion, Snorlax
Current Ladder Standing: 1075

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

Virizion @ Leftovers
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar

Also final thing, Inner Focus or Infiltrator on Crobat? I see lots of people running Infiltrator, but Screens are much less common now Deoxys is gone and no flinch is handy for Fake Out users.
Definitely Infiltrator. Bypasses the screens and Protect, extremely useful. Fake Out abusers are usually fucked by any Ghost-type, just look at Ambipom or Mienshao, and the flinchers will always paralyze you (Thunder Wave on Gyarados and Togekiss, Body Slam on Jirachi) before starting to parahax
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 176 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Virizion @ Life Orb
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This team shouldn't be admitted at the Dark Horse Project. Its objective is try different ways to battle, and your team is overcentralizated beyond imagination. Tyranitar, Scarf Landorus, Volturn. You copied even Virizion's set, which is your Dark Horse!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam
Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower
Jirachi @ Leftovers
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Wave

Yeah, that is my updated team. So far, it has been doing good, though still losing matches but not as oftenly as the previous team. It focuses on using Froslass / Jirachi to cripple notable threats. But yeah, if anybody wanna give suggestions, please do feel free to give. imma update my registration form with Froslass since I wanted to build around Gatr and Froslass after the 2nd round of teambuilding.
Charge, Jirachi & Bronzong seems pretty redundant to me (except for the part that Bronzong isn't weak to Landorus / Mamoswine / Gliscor); I'd replace Bronzong. Also try Thunder and Wish > Body Slam & Fire Punch on your Jirachi. Thunder not only provides that 60% par rate but a great coverage move for Jirachi. Wish would also come in handy for your Feraligatr and Latias.

I would also try Virizion over Bronzong. You still keep the EdgeQuake Resist of Bronzong while you double up on your Water / Electric coverage. Probably CM Virizion with Lefties.

Froslass should have Ice Beam over either Thunder Wave or Destiny Bond.

@Stif247

You could try replacing Forretress with a Physical Defensive Skarmory. Both can set up SR/Spikes while Skarm has recovery outside of lefties and whirlwind to phaze. You already have Magic Bounce to stop an opponent from getting his rocks up, so Rapid spin is less necessary, although I can understand running both with Volcarona.

You could also try running a Dual Screen Espeon. Archeops in particular could benefit, as keeping it above half health is vital. Add wish and you have a way to get it back up if it does drop below. Your espeon isn't doing alot that Latios is doing better, aside from not being choiced and changing the weather.

Another possibility is Gengar > Espeon, as it provides a great switchin to Choiced Fighting and Ground attacks, which both Terrakion and Haxorus will likely be using. You could go with a SubSplit set to beat Chansey/Blissey too, helping Volcarona/Latios. Note that if you go with this option, definitely keep Forretress, as its Rapid Spin will be vital.
If you do go with SubSplit Gengar maybe change to a scarf on Latios to deal with opposing Scarfs/+1 threats.

I haven't tested any of these (or your team at all in fact :p), so they might be terrible, but these are just some of what I might try. Perhaps test on a different account at first?

As for my own Dark Horse, it's going quite well:

*** Your rank in Standard OU is 310/48556 [1261 points / 75 battles]!

I got stuck in the 1150-1200 range for quite a few battles, but changing SD Luke for Scarf Landorus really helped, as before i had 4!! fighting weaks and only 1 resist, as well as 3 ground weaks.

Cradily in particular is quite remarkable, taking a +2 Dnite Outrage and dealing >50% in return? easy (after I changed to Rock Slide > Energy Ball). Ice Beams are also amusing, most dealing ~40% max.

Crobat is great against choiced fighting moves, taking ~25% from Banded Terrakion Close Combats, and is also decent against Scizor's Bug Bite/Superpowers, although Banded Bullet Punches still hurt.

The team does have problems, such as no water resist once Cradily is gone and no rock resists at all, so I might change Landorus again, maybe to Virizion?

Thanks a lot i think skamory could really fill my defensive cores and help the fact that my momentum gets ruined by forre. I will try out the other pokes as well.I have tested out skarm and the new espeon and i am just getting destroyed by special attackers like alakasam.

Registration Form
Pokemon Online Username: Lolnub
Hall of Fame Standing: none
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Rotom-C (and also a staraptor, but that one is already done right?)
Current Ladder Standing: 1197 (but started at 1000 with the team I am using for this project)

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 236 SAtk / 160 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 236 SAtk / 160 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

@Bruno that's part of the reason why I'm trying to change the team. Also, some of what you said isn't true. It's true that I use T-tar and Scarf Landy, but Landy is the only pokemon on my team with U-turn/ Volt Switch. I do use many centralized pokemon when it comes to my team, but part of the reason I do use them is their effectiveness in battle, with each taking their place. At this point, the reason this team needs work is partially me (I'm not actually all that good at battleing), and also the fact that I'd like to get the same effect that my current team has with some different members.

This team shouldn't be admitted at the Dark Horse Project. Its objective is try different ways to battle, and your team is overcentralizated beyond imagination. Tyranitar, Scarf Landorus, Volturn. You copied even Virizion's set, which is your Dark Horse!
... no one said you couldn't, lol. also: try running superpower over aerial ace on scizor

Can I join? this sounds fun, and would give me reasons to use someone underrated.

Pokemon Online Username:-Risereturn
Hall of Fame Standing:no
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Misdreavus
Current Ladder Standing: 1000

Here's my planned set ATM:
Misdreavus@Eviolite
Bold
252 def/252 sp.Def/4HP
Perish Song
Pain Split
Magic Coat
??? will decide later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)