Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Changed it so that instead of killing you he just makes your life miserable instead. And I added that he has to solo a trainer in each new area too, not just the routes (just the ones that have trainers obviously).

I plan on doing a Scramble challenge for my SS game. I have Cyndaquil as a starter, level 5.

Rules are.. no mono type teams.. and no challenges that require to trade with myself.. because I cannot. [no Pokemon in the first 3 routes can be chosen, hate them]

All else is fair game.

I have wifi.. but not 2 ds's. just an fyi
Your Cyndaquil will be named HotelMario. "Remember, where there's smoke, there's fire." This Cyndaquil is a strong believer in this phrase and, as such, cannot use Fire-type attacks on anything not affected by Smokescreen. There are only four locations in which this restriction is void: Azalea Town, Ilex Forest, Claire's gym, and Blaine's gym. However, it cannot be used in Bugsy's gym because everything in it is highly flammable. It cannot be used against Whitney, either, because it's being "careful how it pinches Whitney's (actually Wendy's, but he misheard) pennies; they pinch back." One more thing: have it solo one of Claire's Pokémon and survive the whole time in an attempt to escape the final hotel and bring back Princess Peach. And...that's about it.

Axmaster, edit complete:
Hmmm
Axmaster take a Spearow named Onix. Well, Spearow>Onix, but Spearow<Steelix. It must try to solo every Steel type and Rock Type it sees. Sadly, it knows that it can't do shit against Rock/Grounds until, wait, it found a loophole. Must learn Steel Wing and Tri Attack ASAP. When you face a rock type, Steel Wing. When you see a steel type, tri attack. If you get a status hax, you may switch out. It must solo 10 Bird Trainers/whatever they're called to evolve. Fantastic. Now it must wait for Gen 5 to roll around with Drill R- Oh shit Stealth Rock comes first. So know it must also attempt to OHKO all pokemon that can learn Stealth Rock. If you fail and it attacks you, you don't have to do anything. But if it uses a status that lowers Onix's stats one way or another or just a move that affects your field, ONIX is horrified and must lead your party and solo 25 pokemon to calm down (From same route). However, if you evolve the eevee into a Espeon that solos a gym, you may change it to 15. Also, since my fabulous interest idea was destroyed, I won't limit money, I'll just limit items.
0-5 SRs: Infinite all
6-15: Infinite stuff up to Moomoos. 20 hyper potions in bag at one time. 15 Max Potions. 10 Full Restores and Revives. Infinite Max Revives.
16-30: Infinite stuff up to Super Potions. 5 berries/ heal statuses that have effects in bag at one time. 15 hyper potions in bag at one time. 10 Max Potions. 5 Full Restores and Revives. Infinite Max Revives.
31-45: Holy crap if you reach this pre-Kanto I'll laugh. But anyways, Infinite stuff up to Super Potions. No berries/ heal statuses may be held or used. 15 hyper potions in bag at one time. 10 Max Potions. 5 Full Restores and Revives. Infinite Max Revives.
46-65: ... You only may use Moo-moo milks and (Max) Revives.
If you go beyond Kanto reset to zero.
Finally, if a team member is poisoned in battle and dies, ONIX will have to counter a durant. (It obviously can't) In other words, try to solo 5 electric types.

Your Cyndaquil will be named HotelMario. "Remember, where there's smoke, there's fire." This Cyndaquil is a strong believer in this phrase and, as such, cannot use Fire-type attacks on anything not affected by Smokescreen. There are only four locations in which this restriction is void: Azalea Town, Ilex Forest, Claire's gym, and Blaine's gym. However, it cannot be used in Bugsy's gym because everything in it is highly flammable. It cannot be used against Whitney, either, because it's being "careful how it pinches Whitney's (actually Wendy's, but he misheard) pennies; they pinch back." One more thing: have it solo one of Claire's Pokémon and survive the whole time in an attempt to escape the final hotel and bring back Princess Peach. And...that's about it.
nice, will do.
Phadunk, take LMFAO the Chansey. Chansey, as you might know, is a special wall. Therefore, it must know Softboiled. Since it is named after quite a nice band (and is female to boot) it must have Sing. It must also have Thunderbolt and Ice Beam ASAP. Every time Chansey is hit by a Special attack, it must solo that Pokemon. To evolve into Blissey, show that you are able to take 25 Special hits in a row without healing or Softboiled, and show that you are able to take 5 physical hits in a row without healing or Softboiled. Solo Red's Charizard.
love this one, just gotta find a Chansey/Happiny now.

You can find one in Route 14. There's a 1% Chansey encounter rate in the grass by the Chansey fangirl. (I may have the route wrong.)
I was just hoping to get scramble challenges for earlier in the story. But it's all good.. will hold onto this challenge for later.

Phadunk, take OhNoSR the Yanma. This guy is absolutely petrified that it will get crippled by Stealth Rock. Luckily for it, no pokemon learn it by level-up in gen 4. However, even with this knowledge, OhNoSR is still paranoid. So, it may not attack any pokemon that can learn Stealth Rock by TM (a list is here). It must also learn and keep Hypnosis, because it wants every pokemon asleep, just in case. So, OhNoSR may not attack any pokemon that isn't asleep. Finally, OhNoSR may not use Physical attacks, because it wants to stay as far away from potential Stealth Rock-setters as possible.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
timeel39, you get Heiroglyph the Dratini.

Hieroglyph is a strange dragon in the way that in order for him to be effective, he needs tributes, luckily, the rest of your team can make themselves to be worthy tributes. To reflect this, in order for Hieroglyph to use attacking moves in trainer battles, He must come in directly after another Pokemon on your team has fainted. Note that this only lasts while he's on the field, so if he leaves the battle, it resets. However, Pokemon isn't exactly going to be enough, so what if Hieroglyph faints? Well, you can't use him again until you dump 3 items from your bag as a tribute. Additionally, Hieroglyph can never be the lowest leveled member of your team, & in order to teach Hieroglyph a TM, you will need to dump items equal to the sum of the new move's PP-45, AND you must also release a Pokemon as well (Just catch a Ratatta or something, it's not that difficult).

For a recap...
-Hieroglyph the Dratini
-Can evolve whenever
-Can never be the lowest leveled member on your team
-In order for him to use attacking moves in a trainer battle, He must come in directly after another Pokemon on your team has fainted (Note that this only lasts while he's on the field, so if he leaves the battle, it resets).
-If he faints, you must dump 3 items from your bag before you can use him again
-In order to teach him a TM, you must dump items equal to the sum of the new move's PP-45, AND you must also release 1 Pokemon as well

Have fun.

Timeel, as Flash was taken by Terrador, Take Strength The Clefairy!

This Clefairy has been brought up learning that Strength is everything. Power, Domination. Mercy is for the weak, and Status moves are for the cowards. So Clefairy cannot learn any status moves ever. Every time Clefairy learns a new move, it must replace the weakest power move you have, as weak moves are for weak pokemon. If she starts fighting a trainer, she will not stop until every pokemon in their team has been soloed by her and her alone, or she faints, so the minute she uses an attack, she has to solo that trainer. Also, if one of her team mates were to faint with their opponent in the red, she must come in and attack, as She must teach the team not to let a weakened foe defeat them. Also, teach him Strength.
To evolve Clefairy, Have her solo Koga, as Boo nicked the Fighting dojo so I can't use her original restriction.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Some HeartGold Scramble Update #2

Meh...Second Update to this HeartGold thing...I seriously hate you all...Ugh...

Initial Post
Update #1

• STABless (Ponyta) - No evolution, No STAB, No stabbing moves, Must solo Rival at Victory Road, E4 Pokemon with a Horn, Red's Charizard, Blue's Arcanine, & Blaine (King Serperior)
  • Pink Dream (Mareep) - Must know & keep Cotton Spore & Charge Beam, Special Moves only until Fire Punch is relearned, cannot evolve past Flaffy until the Secret Potion is used on Amphy, Must solo Falkner as a Mareep, Clair & Misty as an Ampharos (Mafeking)
  • Chikorita - tl;dr to put here, Victory Road solos changed to Pryce's Gym (user 18)
  • Scorpio (Gligar) - tl;dr to post here, part of the Manipulative bit omitted, & all mandatory stuff is overriden by other Pokemon's restrictions (The Reptile)
  • Flygon (Scyther) - tl;dr to post here, Nothing omitted (Treadshot A1)
  • Lolth (Spinarak) - tl;dr to post here, Nothing omitted (Professor Science)
  • Started from New Bark Town! Yay...
  • Randomly caught Lolth the Female, Lonely Spinarak! The fun begins...Rolled a 2.
  • Tried Bait & Switch grinding Lolth, as it had 0 usable moves, got to Lv5, then the Pokemon were giving shit-all experience, so I gave up, & Moved on.
  • Dandylion let his Tackle do the talking along the road to Violet City, soloing a bunch of trainers, including everyone's favourite Youngster Joey & Bug Catcher Wade!
  • Arrived in Violet City!
  • Went to Route 32 & caught Pink Dream the Female, Docile Mareep! Rolled a 2.
  • Spent 2 fucking hours in the Route 32 Grass Bait & Switch grinding, JUST to get both Lolth & Pink Dream "allowed moves".
  • Went to Sprout Tower, where I get Lolth to solo 5 Bellsprout-fucking Sages, one of which happened to be Sage Chow of Smogon! (Haha, I beat you :P)
  • Finished up with Sprout Tower.
  • Then let Pink Dream solo the entire Violet Gym with Thundershock Spam, the fact that Pidgeotto was 2HKOed meant that Roost wasn't really going to be a factor...somewhat, but I still soloed him without items. Mandatory solo #1 fufilled! Many more to go... :(
  • But to celebrate, I go ahead & evolve Pink Dream into a Flaaffy!
  • In Violet City at the moment
  • [/UPDATE]

Spinarak [Lolth] (F)
Lv:13/Lonely/Swarm
-Leech Life
-String Shot
-Scary Face
-Constrict
#Trainers Solo'd: 5/35
Comments: LOLth...Well, Leech Life Sucks, because of 15 PP, but I. Hate. This. Thing. Already. Current LVP

Flaaffy [Pink Dream] (F)
Lv:15/Docile/Static
-Tackle
-Growl
-Thundershock
-Thunder Wave
Comments: The only half-decent challenge here. At least it's reasonable & was the only option in the Violet Gym, but yeah, Probably MVP soon, but not atm.

Chikorita [Dandylion] (M)
Lv:15/Quirky/Overgrow
-Tackle
-Growl
-Synthesis
-PoisonPowder
Comments: All he can do is ram, ram & ram, & it's because of him I've gotten this far, AND the other two actually have usable moves! Fucking annoying solo coming...Ugh...Current MVP

That's all, another "boring" update done, next will come many months later after I spend forever grinding Dandylion, because of this upcoming solo... :(

Phadunk, take OhNoSR the Yanma. This guy is absolutely petrified that it will get crippled by Stealth Rock. Luckily for it, no pokemon learn it by level-up in gen 4. However, even with this knowledge, OhNoSR is still paranoid. So, it may not attack any pokemon that can learn Stealth Rock by TM (a list is here). It must also learn and keep Hypnosis, because it wants every pokemon asleep, just in case. So, OhNoSR may not attack any pokemon that isn't asleep. Finally, OhNoSR may not use Physical attacks, because it wants to stay as far away from potential Stealth Rock-setters as possible.
thanks, really like this one.

Timeel needs a starter; I'll give him one!

Take GameSweep the ________

That's right, you get to choose your starter! But choose carefully!

Your starter has only one restriction, and that is to solo the game all the Gym Leaders of the types that are super-effective against your starter (unless another Pokemon is soloing that gym) and not to participate in any other Gym Leader battles.

I'm almost finished writing my Prologue. I know it's taking forever, sorry :< I've had other things to do and I've been having to animate some things for this, which takes time.

EDIT: Finished writing it, just need to get the last few images done.

Emerald Mono-Water Scramble: first, last, and only update

At long last, I have completed what is undoubtedly the most amusingly difficult challenge I have ever faced in my scrambling career: the Emerald Mono-Water scramble I asked for back in mark I. It was so hard, I had to soft-reset 104 times and intentionally black out twice due to my Scramblemons being seemingly underleveled against Wallace. Not to mention my game time is past 45 hours.

Talk aside, here are the challenges from LVP to MVP.

Texas Cloverleaf said:
Take a Tentacool. This Tentacool may not ever use Water STAB moves and must solo Wallace's Tentacruel.
Last restriction removed due to Mudkip, Ludicolo, and Relicanth all soloing Wallace

Lv.40 Quiet nature
Ability: Clear Body
Stats: 124/64/59/89/103/80
- Secret Power
- Acid
- Barrier
- Wrap

This thing just about literally did nothing. It was, however, the only thing I could use in rain besides Mudkip until I got to freaking Lilycove. Besides that, it was nothing more than heal fodder. Thankfully, I had to forego the solo of Wallace’s Tentacruel because that would’ve resulted in further grinding...if that’s even possible. Seriously, check the levels of the other Scramblemons. I ground a lot.

Giulls said:
@Newby n0Ob - You get Dry the Corphish. Someone tried to cook it in boiling water once, which gave it a terrible phobia of water. Therefore, it must never use any water moves for any reason, or come out in the rain. It also must solo every Fighting Pokemon you come across, because most fighting types are humanoids, and they all remind it of the person who tried to cook him (void for individual pokemon that someone else has to solo).

Dry cannot learn attacking moves through TMs (HMs are fine, but still no water!), and must always keep a dark move which must be used first against all fighting types he encounters (to emphasize his vengeful desires). It can evolve after using Guillotine successfully on 5 Fighting types that are within 5 levels of it, at which point its vengeance is completed. After evolving it can learn non-water attacking TMs.

Oh, and it turns out Elite 4 Sidney was the person who tried to cook it, so you have to solo him, as well. You can use Crabhammer after this, if you really want to.

It may not be placed in the day care, and it must be the first one you find in Rt. 117 (day care Rt.) immediately after getting the Good Rod in Rt. 118 (connects Mauville with Eastern Hoenn).

Lv.56 Sassy nature
Ability: Shell Armor
Stats: 148/179/102/124/90/71
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Guillotine
- Knock Off

Dry was such a pain before it evolved. At that time, it had to rely on Leering the Fighting-types that it had to solo to -6 and then finishing them with Vicegrip, which was usually a 2HKO even at that point. Even still, the evolution restriction was worse because Corphish learns Guillotine so late and I had to go down to B1F of Victory Road just to find Hariyama who were within five levels of it at that level. As with the Hariyama themselves, they would either end the battle with freaking Whirlwind or just flat-out kill it. There was also the fear of overleveling and surpassing the restriction limit. Also, the fact that it had to solo all Fighting-types with it prevented me from grinding in Victory Road, so I had to resort to outside sources such as Sky Pillar (for NUrules only, stupid Claydol) and the route beside Lilycove. Thankfully, though, I managed to evolve it and grind it to the point where it OHKOed all of Sidney’s ‘mons at +1 with Brick Break. Outside of that, however, it didn’t serve much purpose except for being supplementary heal fodder against Wallace.

user 18 said:
OK, you get mudkip as your starter. Since this mudkip thinks water is the best type in the game (clearly, since it's the most common), it must never evolve and give up its pure water typing. It must always solo your rival and Wally, and must always solo all Team Magma admins and Maxie to prove that Water is superior.

It may never learn Surf or Ice Beam.

It must solo Wattson, and may not battle inside Flannery's gym.

Mudkip thinks it is the best water type ever, since it is the starter, and must always be the highest level Pokemon on your team. If you are carrying 5 or 6 pokemon with you, Mudkip must be in the first slot. I purposefully decided to remove this restriction due to inability to level other Scramblemons otherwise. Solo two of Wallace's Pokemon, to prove that it is the best water type ever.

NN: Aqualung
Lv.70 Rash nature
Stats: 185/140/90/121/92/95
- Waterfall
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic
- Strength

Oh, now THIS challenge probably gave me the most fun I’ve ever had in my scrambling career. Soloing Wattson was very annoying, but not necessarily because of Mudkip’s frailty, but because of the stupid paralysis that those jerks kept on inducing. Soloing my rival and Wally wasn’t so bad, though, save for the Wally battle at Victory Road. Still, though, even though it was a higher level than all the others (as per the restriction), it still couldn’t be up to par with all my other Scramblemons. Annoyer moves like Mud-slap, Rock Tomb, and the more recent Toxic were a huge help, though, especially Toxic, without which I couldn’t possibly have soloed Wallace’s Ludicolo.

shinyskarmory said:
Take a Relicanth. This Relicanth wants to prove that it doesn't deserve to be NU. No, this Relicanth deserves better. To improve its status, it must solo any and all OU and Ubers pokemon after you catch it, so long as it does not interfere with other challanges. Also, it must solo Wallace's Wailord. Name it NUrules.

Lv.62 Docile nature
Ability: Swift Swim
Stats: 209/156/180/67/105/101
- Surf
- Ancientpower
- Yawn
- Earthquake

You’re right. NU does rule. Really, though. Even though NUrules was the last Scramblemon I caught, it proved to be very useful. Soloing the OU ‘mons in the Elite Four wasn’t hard thanks to its bulk, power, and Yawn...and I never thought I’d say that. One problem arose, though: soloing Wailord. Every time NUrules used Earthquake, Wallace would be a little chicken and switch to Gyarados. Likewise, if I use Ancientpower, he switches to Whiscash. The Whiscash situation would always force me to soft-reset because when NUrules hits something that Ludicolo or Mudkip is supposed to solo, it doesn’t qualify as a solo. Thankfully, though, that problem didn’t arise when I challenged him for the last time. All in all, NUrules was a very vital member of my team, although forcibly.

TM13IceBeam said:
You get Trollfish the Staryu. It is not convinced that it is OU and thus cannot use Surf, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Psychic, Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin and Recover. To prove that it can still own without using these moves, it must solo Juan and every single trainer in Victory Road. It may never hold an item.

Lv.55 Gentle nature
Ability: Illuminate
Stats: 143/100/102/153/132/147
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Confuse Ray
- Swift
- Waterfall

Even though I couldn’t get it until freaking Lilycove and I couldn’t evolve it until after Tate&Liza, Trollfish still proved to be a force to reckon with. Since its integral moves were restricted (even Psychic), it’s a great thing that I just to happened to catch one with Hidden Power Psychic. It’s also a great thing that Waterfall is special in gen 3; otherwise, I’d have been stuck with HP Psychic as my best STAB. Confuse Ray and Swift are also great moves and I probably wouldn’t have soloed Juan without them. Well, I might have, but it would have been a massive pain. And as for the trainers in Victory Road...the only problem I had was with this freaking Tropius who pretty much annihilated with Solarbeam and wouldn’t hurt itself in confusion unless I got lucky. That aside, it didn’t contribute much to the Elite Four due to the mud pile of solos I had for all the other Scramblemons.

TalkingLion said:
@Newby n0ob You get Grass FTW the Lotad. Unlike your Mudkip, this Lotad hates the Water type so it may never learn any Water type moves and have at least 2 Grass type moves. Must solo all Team Aqua Admins and Archie because it hates their goal to cover the land in water. It must also solo Juan's Gym (completely forgot about this restriction) and 3 of Wallace's Pokemon. It may never be used in the rain or against a Grass type.

Lv.61 Rash nature
Stats: 196/113/102/159/120/111
- Ice Beam
- Solarbeam
- Giga Drain
- Return

This one was really bumpy in the beginning, but eventually, it managed to pull through. The most bothersome restriction was that it couldn’t be used against a Grass-type. It didn’t have any innocuous moves as a Lotad, so I had to capture a bunch of fodder in the beginning of the game so that Aqualung could solo the very first double battle, which involved a Seedot and a Lotad. There was also the battle against Flannery. Back then, I only had Mudkip and him, but Mudkip couldn’t battle inside Flannery’s gym, so I basically had to solo the whole thing with a Water-less Lombre. It was a huge pain in the rumpus. Next problem was against Tate&Liza. I didn’t have NUrules yet and I had no access to a Water Stone, thereby rendering me unable to evolve him or Trollfish. Oh, and child, don’t get me started about Tentacruel. Thankfully, after much soft-resetting and a stroke of luck, I managed to find a way to abuse Xatu’s Sunny Day and annihilate everything (save for Xatu itself, who was felled by Aqualung’s Rock Tomb) with Solarbeam. Everything else is history. Except that...I kinda forgot to solo Juan’s gym with him because I was too occupied in grinding Trollfish for its grand solo, so, as per auramaster’s suggestion, I soloed Glacia as compensation. Still, with its sheer power and great Grass STAB, it’s no question that Grass FTW deserves to be MVP.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who contributed to this amusingly difficult mono-water challenge; I really enjoyed it.

Oh, now THIS challenge probably gave me the most fun I’ve ever had in my scrambling career.
Yay!

I'm working on chapter 5 right now, but progress is a little slower than usual due to the disinterest I get in just about every pokemon game after the third or fourth gym. This one's keeping me going pretty well, though, and I should have the next chapter up sometime soon.

Posting to say that I am officially abandoning my XD scramble. I'm doing this because I am so overleveled that it's not even fun anymore with my pokemon. Additionally, every single time I've played it in the last month, I've gone into ONBS to try to stop Cipher, and accidentally allowed my Shroomish to evolve (against its restriction) and had to try again. I've just gotten tired of redoing the same segment over and over again.

As for Platinum, I haven't played it in forever, but I intend to continue it. It's actually a lot more fun than XD because it's actually quite challenging, but I never feel like I'm completely screwed (yet). I haven't posted any updates for a while because I never felt like I had enough material, but I will make sure to have one up later today.

Thanks for your patience!

Come to think of it, I am abandoning my Diamond Scramblocke that I just didn't have the time to finish up (unless I somehow change my mind much later on)

Yeah in the same gist of the others I think I will stop my Emerald Scramblocke. It takes ages to grind early-game and I really haven't got into it. I will probably continue my Soulsilver scramble and Diamond solo though, I have been enjoying them.

Alright, I've written up the vast majority of chapter 2 of my Colosseum Scramble, you can expect to see it up some time tomorrow when I actually have the desire to edit it.

And all you quitters? Yeah, that's why you only take one Scramble at a time if you're smart ;). And be careful of ridiculous Pokemon.

Though ASOP User, I don't see how that Togepi would be game ending for you. hell I'd be GLAD to have that over some of the Pokemon I got this time around >.<

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Jimera0 said:
And all you quitters? Yeah, that's why you only take one Scramble at a time if you're smart ;). And be careful of ridiculous Pokemon.
That's something even I'm not good at. But I also get busy often too... ;)

That said, I am seriously hating these Hikers in HeartGold atm, their Geodudes & whatnot take fucking forever to kill, especially considering how restricted I am...I was even forced to Black Out after a Lv11 Onix raped my team... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)