Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Ok, I have a free battle slot and want to try out an arena. I require the ref to be creative or, at the very least, interesting!!

Ok, with that said and done, here is the arena:

The Ref's Mind!!
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind: The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!

2 day DQ
3v3 or 4v4 singles
2 LC mons and 2 Middle-Cup mons
0 items
all abilities
2 recovers / 5 chills
switch = NO

Challenger should take note that I will be training a Magikarp. Bring a weak LC mon if at all possible.
3v3 sounds good, if you don't mind two middlemons and a Nidoran.

Oh, and if you would change that to Training Items, I would be very happy.

No need to if you fear Amulet Coins tho. :3

I challenge KING SERPERIOR:
3v3
NFEs only
Twilight labyrinth: A very closed in space at twilight It is a maze, Trainers are on a platform above the glass covered maze thus flying attacks do 1/2 the damage. attacks such as grass knot are useless and earthquake will cause a cave in doing ten damage to your pokemon.
1 switch per pokemon
3 chills
no recovers.

Okay... 1st battle lets hope I do this right.

1v1 LC mons only
2day DQ
No recoveries, Unlimited chills, 2 subs
ASB arena

I hope I did this right!!
TheMogRunner said:
Since The battle above isn't going to get a ref any time soon I will accept the above and drop Ragnarokalex

Items=no
Abilities=no
switch=yes NO
We still need a ref for this please!!

Seeking a battle...

1v1 LC or 3v3 Mixed Triples (1LC/1Middlemon/1FE)
1.5 Day DQ
1Recovery/3Chills
ASB Arena/Unown Soup (Challenger Choice)
Training Items
All Abilities
Switch=Lol

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Seeking a battle...

1v1 LC or 3v3 Mixed Triples (1LC/1Middlemon/1FE)
1.5 Day DQ
1Recovery/3Chills
ASB Arena/Unown Soup (Challenger Choice)
Training Items
All Abilities
Switch=Lol
taking, totally in the Unown Soup arena

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING DESTINY WARRIOR

4v4 NFE Singles
DQ: 48 Hours
Switch: KO
Recovers / chills: Infinite
Items: On
Abilities: All
Substitutions: Two
Arena: Type Changing Arena
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.

Open Challenge!
1v1 Training Match
NFEs only
2 Day DQ
1 Sub
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena:
The first cave from Cave Story. It's a pretty simple arena. It's a cave (duh) with soft enough groud to dig in. It also has no water or grass to use. The only enemies in here are Critters and Bats. The Critters just sit there until you come near, and then they hop towards you. If they touch you they deal 1 damage. They have 10 HP and 1 Def and SDef. If you kill one then they'll drop a heart that heals 10 HP (if you use a contact move, you'll take damage but you won't have to take another action to get the health) The bats are the same, except that they're on the ceiling and will drop down on you if you get under them.

Open Challenge!
1v1 Training Match
NFEs only
2 Day DQ
1 Sub
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena:
The first cave from Cave Story. It's a pretty simple arena. It's a cave (duh) with soft enough groud to dig in. It also has no water or grass to use. The only enemies in here are Critters and Bats. The Critters just sit there until you come near, and then they hop towards you. If they touch you they deal 1 damage. They have 10 HP and 1 Def and SDef. If you kill one then they'll drop a heart that heals 10 HP (if you use a contact move, you'll take damage but you won't have to take another action to get the health) The bats are the same, except that they're on the ceiling and will drop down on you if you get under them.
Forget my previous challenge. Time for some training!

Switch = trolololololol
All abilities
Items = Off

I challenge you brother! (Krodin329)

2 day DQ
3v3 singles
Basic NFE Pokemon
No Items
All Abilities
2 recovers / 5 chills
Switch=KO

The Arena:
The Balancing Field
This arena is made up of hundreds of earthen pillars that go down farther than the eye can see. The pillars have a diameter only large enough for one Pokemon to stand on, so Seismic moves such as Earthquake are banned. There is no Grass, and no Water. Physical moves are allowed, as the Pokemon can jump and attack. At the end of each round all of the chaotic fighting might make the pillar you are standing on collapse, and the player loses an action climbing back up. Each player gets an RNG roll for this. There are 3 outcomes, making it a 33% chance for each.
A. The pillar collapses, and you only get to actions in this round.
B. Nothing happens
C. Your pillar tilts towards your opponent's, giving you four actions during the proceding round.

Flying types and Pokemon with Levitate ignore this altercation.

In summary:
1. All physical and special moves bar seismic moves are allowed
2. Grass and Water moves are banned
3. An RNG (A different one for each player) will determine wether the player has 2, 3, or 4 actions in a round.
4. Pokemon that can Fly or Levitate ignore the RNG

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge
3v3 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Rec/3 Chill
1 Sub
ASB arena, unless you want something else (just nothing too complicated)

I'll be using some weaker single stage Pokemon, though I don't care too much what I play against (though close battles are always more fun).

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING DESTINY WARRIOR

4v4 NFE Singles
DQ: 48 Hours
Switch: KO
Recovers / chills: Infinite
Items: On
Abilities: All
Substitutions: Two
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.
Accepting

Open Challenges
[2 Battles with the same conditions]

3v3 Triples
1 Day DQ / 2 Day [Ref] DQ
2 Recovers / 5 Chill
FE Mons
2 Subs per mon

Arena: It's a Random!

Random Arena, the ref rolls for number of post in the Arena Compendium and then rolls for an arena in the selected post, everything on that arena applies on this battle

Open Challenges
[2 Battles with the same conditions]

3v3 Triples
1 Day DQ / 2 Day [Ref] DQ
2 Recovers / 5 Chill
FE Mons
2 Subs per mon

Arena: It's a Random!

Random Arena, the ref rolls for number of post in the Arena Compendium and then rolls for an arena in the selected post, everything on that arena applies on this battle

Accepting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)