Quixotic Art Thread

SIX YEARS LATER, I STILL DON'T DO REQUESTS
PAID COMMISSIONS ARE STILL FINE
NO INCOME REQUIRED BUT STILL APPRECIATED

SIMPLE POSE NO SHADING NO BACKGROUND = $40 PER CHARACTER
COMPLEX/INTERACTING POSES = +$20 PER CHARACTER
SHADING = +$10 PER CHARACTER
SIMPLE BACKGROUND = $10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Took me long enough huh?

Well to start off this thing, I'd like to offer my sincere thank-yous to all those who participated in the CAP prevos this last round. In appreciation of your work, I have drawn a big family photo of you all!
appreciation.png
Fullsize here, hopefully: http://i.imgur.com/O1NZ5.jpg (old colors)
top row, left to right: Ugouka, DarkShiftry, Thornchild, tea_and_blues, Yilx's and mine, SubwayJ, Birkal and bugmaniacbob.
bottom row, left to right: DarkorbX, MLaRF, noobiess, Demist, jessifer, Rittercat, aragornbird, Chuckeroo777, Paintseagull and Toa Tahu.
aand Quanyails in the center. ' 3'

I hope you enjoy!

Also have some more things! from DA for now!
http://scdifference.deviantart.com/art/Shuckle-at-Sea-176503404
http://scdifference.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d315zh1

23/04/12: Updated to show transparent BG, and DarkOrbX's true colors.
12/06/20: Updated with unphotobucketed image, and commission prices.

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mos, you know I love your stuff. I hope you post more of your stuff in the future, especially your other created Pokemon designs that you share in #cap <3

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ahhhhhhhhhhhh I love your art so muchhhhhhhh

I wanted you to win this last CAP so badly, hopefully you'll have more luck this time around! Really can't wait to see more from you.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
About time! Can't wait to see more art from you, I can only check your dA proper when I get home, though.

Wow that is some insane scenery work there on that shuckle piece I love it.

I laughed at the Alomola entry poor luvdisc xD

Great stuff I can't wait to see more.

You know you have an amazing artist on your hands when they just casually perfectly interpret and outshine the art of many other artists in a single piece (you made mine so cute!)

<3 your art mos :)

Even my concept is there! Awesome work Mos. <3 your art just as everybody else. Can't wait to see more of your amazing art ^^

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeeeahh!!! I know you have lots more to share, post everything!
Love your work :)
and thanks for drawing my pre-cap submission! (and everyone else's!) it looks great!

Haha, these are awesome. I love especially the one that looks like a worm with a blad for a tail (top near left area), and the ones on either side of it!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

You did such a nice job with so many wonderful designs, Mos. :) You've represented them all wonderfully. I thank you as much as or more than the others that have commented.

Very cool Mos-Quitoxe! The only critisizm that I can think of is the leg on it's left. Seems like it's in an awkward position. But hey, I'm just a bitter old artist. Love the Spinosaurus reference!

I put it that way to make it look less rigid, as though he were swimming. I can understand where you're coming from though, his feet are super-huge since they're flippers, so it throws off what we recognise as proper proportions.

Oh, the feet look fine. It just looked like the leg was in an awkward position. Wondering though, do you take requests? If so, would you be able to make a kabutops fighting a kabutops? If you don't have the time, then I understand. I also know that you have to have the motivation for such things.

Well seeing as other people are doing this I may as well do it too~

and

(oh god I just realised I need to do a poster for this art thread too)

Here have a violent murder:

More things that you missed out on because fire/poison:

You betcha

This is probably what I should have submitted for CAP4, but cleverness trumped spriteability this time around!

Also I hope SubwayJ and Matezoide don't mind me showing off redraws of their stuff :v

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)