Sunday Mafia - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok... so now my initial worry about Walrein is completely justified. He has just posted 3 times calling out other users without a single response to either of the posts I made calling him scum.

Ullarwarlord please stop posting in caps. 1) I am leaning to believe walreins posting restriction due to the fact even his confirmation post posted like that. 2) you posting in all caps constantly seems like a ploy to get out of contributing much

I'm reading everything Walrein posts in a loud voice in my head

@Aska, I'm aware that good reads aren't as good for discussion as bad reads, but at this stage in the game it's hard to really get a bad read on anyone. If you simply want suspicions, you and Walrein are probably at the top of the list; you for your very early jump on DLE and Walrein for basically not posting very much content and generally making it hard to read his posts, purposely or otherwise.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thank you for calling out my trolling posting style USER WALREIN. Now that my long day of frisbee golf and class is over I will be contributing to this thread in a useful manner.

I would like to start this post full of knowledge and learning by pigbacking off of what user vonFielder said earlier. His post questioned the fact that DLE was constantly bringing up the fact that this is how he played villager when he was villager in other games. At least I would expect DLE to not force that down our throat and trust us to pick up on the fact that his play style is generally similar to the way he played before. Just something that really struck a cord with me so far.

Now if I WALREIN is able to call out me without doing much besides calling people out and the CAPS then I would like to call out user Vintage Books. His posts have been possibly less useful than even mine! Consisting of a confirmation, two that answered a questionair, two that demonstrated the wonderful math education in Australia, and finally one telling Ullar to shut the fuck up. The only other time I played NOC with him, he was very vocal from the start and tried to get his opinion across as much as possible. I find this a very interesting shift in play style, though I also marginally change my playstyle in between Smogon and PO, because I find people generally less stupid here. With that being said I am still going to throw my vote on Vintage, because what the hell I might as well. Post more please.

##vote Vintage Books

Don't expect anything else from me for about 12 hours due to sleep and classes all morning .

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok... so now my initial worry about Walrein is completely justified. He has just posted 3 times calling out other users without a single response to either of the posts I made calling him scum.
I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE YOU CALL ME SCUM ROFL

BRB FINDING ACCUSATIONS AND RESPONDING ACCORDINGLY

I hinted as much in previous posts, but I'm not godkilling over restrictions. They're there for fun, if people rather have them not exist then that's fine too. Use common sense to figure out what warrants a godkill and what doesn't. Or better yet, don't worry about them at all, focus on the game instead.
Walrein please stop posting in all caps since it's really fucking annoying.

If you don't I will vote you.

Actually I just double checked and whoever said you're not posting anything of relevance is right

##Unvote, ##Vote: Walrein

Anyway, I find it interesting that von seems to have a grasp of what's scummy but doesn't know what lylo/mylo are, which I would say are really basic terms. Then again they're also like never used on Smogon so idk.

Ampharos

Obviously, stating opinions is better than stating facts. Facts have no consequence; they aren't going to offend anyone, or evoke any sort of reaction. Facts are easy to hide behind while the rest of the game throws opinions at each other. I thought this was obvious.

There have now been three users who have "called me out" for "being off" but don't have the balls to vote for me. You know what the surest sign of a mafian is? Ballslessness. A mafian is not sure whether they want to be starting a feud with a certain user so they choose not to until they think its safe. So they make wimpy half-judgments nobody can use as evidence against them later.

I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO MAKE JUDGMENTS ABOUT A PERSON BASED OFF OF ONE POST >_>

I DO CONCUR WITH YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT MAFIA TENDING TO BE MORE TIMID THAN VILLAGERS, THOUGH. IN PAST SMOGON NOC GAMES, THERE HAVE OFTEN BEEN HUGE PISSING CONTESTS BETWEEN TWO USERS WHO MORE OFTEN THAN NOT TURN OUT TO BOTH BE VILLAGE (SEE: GALLADIATOR VS UNCLESAM, ORCINUS VS AURA GUARDIAN)

So to Walrein, Paperblade, and vonFiedler, if I could vote for three users at the same time, it would be you three. And while it pains me to take my vote off of DLE who has continued his behavior despite being called out on it, I would like to hear from one of you on why you did not vote the way you posted. Also, please explain why it is that I appear off. Is it such mafia behavior to call someone out for their bullshit?

I've seen votes on Paperblade and Von, so for now I'll

##Unvote

##Vote Walrein

SO I'M BEING LUMPED IN HERE WITH PAPERBLADE AND VON. LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR SUSPICIONS OF THEM.

There was only one reason why I voted Walrein, and that was that he hadn't received any pressure at all up to this point in the game. He's been hiding behind his "lol caps post restriction" defense without giving many serious opinions.

OK, THIS IS GONNA SOUND REALLY DUMB, BUT BEING FORCED TO TYPE IN ALLCAPS 24/7 IS GIVING ME A BIT OF A MENTAL BLOCK. IN MY MIND CAPS=TROLLING, AND I'M TRYING TO OVERCOME IT, BUT ITS DIFFICULT. I ADMIT I'M A BIT LACKING ON OPINIONS, BUT I GENERALLY POST A LIST OF READS ABOUT 3/4 OF THE WAY THROUGH D1, SO EXPECT THAT AT SOME POINT (ITS FUCKING MIDNIGHT RIGHT NOW YOU DONT WANT MY EXHAUSTED READS).
ALSO, WHY WOULD I BE EXCITED ABOUT BEING MAFIA? I HAVE STATED REPEATEDLY THAT I SUCK AS NOC MAFIA AND MUCH PREFER VILLAGE.

IFM, THANK YOU FOR POSTING SOMETHING SUBSTANTIAL. YOU BRING UP AN INTERESTING POINT ABOUT DLE BEING ADAMANT ABOUT "THIS IS MY PLAYSTYLE LOL". HAVE THERE BEEN ANY NOC GAMES ON SMOGON WHERE DLE HAS BEEN MAFIA? IF SO, MAYBE WE COULD LOOK AT THOSE TO FIND ANY TRENDS.

##UNVOTE

##VOTE VINTAGEBOOKS

I AGREE WITH THIS CALLOUT.

ASKA, MY INITIAL THOUGHT ON YOU WAS CORRECT - BUT ITS NOT THE THOUGHT THAT YOU THINK IT IS. I MENTIONED THAT YOUR POST SOUNDED FORCED AND ODD, BUT SAID THAT I WASN'T SURE IF IT WAS ANYTHING. AND SURE ENOUGH, YOU'VE BEEN SOUNDING PRETTY PRO-TOWN IN YOUR CALLOUTS OF USERS.

SOMEONE PROBABLY NINJA'D ME WHILE I WROTE THIS POST SO HOLD ON

Ampharos

FUCKING PAPERBLADE

I'M PRETTY SURE I ALREADY ANSWERED TO ACCUSATIONS OF NOT POSTING ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL (READ: I HAVEN'T, I'M SORRY, AS SOON AS I GET SOME GOOD READS AND I'M NOT FUCKING TIRED AS SHIT I'LL LET YOU KNOW).

ALSO B_T TOLD ME TO FOLLOW MY RESTRICTION EVEN THOUGH I WONT GET GODKILLED SO :/

ON THE SUBJECT OF MY RESTRICTION ULLAR IS ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE "NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL" CLUB.

AND NOW, A QUESTION TO YOU ALL. IF YOU HAD TO ACCUSE THREE PEOPLE OF BEING SCUM RIGHT NOW, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

MINE:
-VINTAGEBOOKS: IF IFM IS TELLING THE TRUTH, HE'S MORE VOCAL AND CONTRIBUTIVE WHEN HE'S VILLAGE. CURRENTLY HE SEEMS TO BE TRYING TO FLY UNDER THE RADAR LIKE HE DID IN COMPANY, WHEN HE WAS MAFIA

-AGAPE: LOTS OF SPECULATION ON NUMBERS, LITTLE TO NONE REGARDING PLAYERS. ALSO, I'M PRETTY SURE HE HAS A POSTING RESTRICTION - HE MAKES AN EXCUSE AT THE END OF EVERY POST (MENTIONING THE FINNISH ARMY TWICE IS WHAT CEMENTS THIS AS NOT REAL EXCUSES)

-JALMONT: TROLLING EVEN MORE THAN USUAL, SEEMS TO NORMALLY MAKE MORE SUBSTANTIAL POSTS WHEN HE IS VILLAGE. ALSO, I DON'T LIKE THE CUT OF HIS JIB, BUT REGARDLESS HE NEEDS TO POST MORE

RANDOM THOUGHTS:
-VON IS BEING JUMPY AND ABRASIVE, BUT IT FEELS LIKE VINTAGE VONFIEDLER TO ME

-MEOWMIXX IS GIVING ME PROTOWN VIBES, BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIS PLAYSTYLE, PERSONALITY, ETC.

-SMASHLLOYD20 PLEASE POST MORE

-DLE'S QUESTIONING SEEMS MORE FORCED THAN IT WAS IN COMPANY, AND HE SEEMS MORE DEFENSIVE AND JUMPY

-PAPERBLADE IS BEING HIS USUAL QUIET SELF

-ULLAR STOP THE ALLCAPS

-SMASHLLOYD20 POST PLEASE

-I'M JUST RAMBLING AT THIS POINT

-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyway, I find it interesting that von seems to have a grasp of what's scummy but doesn't know what lylo/mylo are, which I would say are really basic terms. Then again they're also like never used on Smogon so idk.
I still find it interesting that you are coming off as an idiot without even an elementary level of reading comprehension. What lylo and mylo mean are clearly in the rules (and in my post), what I said was that mylo doesn't make sense as an acronym.

It's also interesting that you've jumped on the Walrein bandwagon with aska when you two are my biggest scum suspects. Walrein plays both in the Philo War and in a D&D campaign with me, nothing he is doing right now fazes me too much. Though I wouldn't say he's clean or anything.

As for the other bandwagon, the people voting vintagebooks are basing it off of prior mafia experience with him which I do not possess. They may be right but I still think aska/paperblade are the bigger scum here.

VOTECOUNT 1.4:
1) vonFiedler (1) - Da Letter El Paperblade
2) Walrein (2) - askaninjask Paperblade
4) Da Letter El (0) - askaninjask
5) UllarWarlord (0) - Walrein
6) idiotfrommars (1) - Vintage Books Walrein
7) Vintage Books (3) - MeowMixx idiotfrommars Walrein
8) Paperblade (0) - vonFiedler Agape
9) Jalmont (1) - MeowMixx UllarWarlord
11) askaninjask (2) - Agape vonFiedler
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (0) -
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (2) - Jalmont, smashlloyd20

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes for majority. Deadline is in 39 hours and 0 minutes.

Note: I can take restrictions out of the game altogether. If there's a clear agreement on that then it'll happen.

Now if I WALREIN is able to call out me without doing much besides calling people out and the CAPS then I would like to call out user Vintage Books. His posts have been possibly less useful than even mine! Consisting of a confirmation, two that answered a questionair, two that demonstrated the wonderful math education in Australia, and finally one telling Ullar to shut the fuck up. The only other time I played NOC with him, he was very vocal from the start and tried to get his opinion across as much as possible. I find this a very interesting shift in play style, though I also marginally change my playstyle in between Smogon and PO, because I find people generally less stupid here. With that being said I am still going to throw my vote on Vintage, because what the hell I might as well. Post more please.
Basically my play style is different from PO to here because I am way more confident playing over there, than playing here. There are much better players here (omg so intimidating) and I feel like I have an example to set in PO mafia due to being one of the only players who has played in more then ~2 games.

But anyways I better post a few things.

DLE: I have to agree with above posters in that the fact that he has been so adamant about his playstyle, which is quite out of character. It might just be something to do with being called out on his playstyle, which I am pretty sure didn't happen in company (too lazy to check).

Though I have not really noticed much of a playstyle difference, which kinda makes it seem more scummy in a way, the fact that his playstyle isnt really that different at all, but he has been so (as walrein succinctly put it) "THIS IS MY PLAYSTYLE LOL". His consciousness about his playstyle is definitely suspicious.

My 3 People would probably be

DLE: reasons above

Askaninjask: Mainly because of his "MUST ACCUSE SOMEONE OF BEING SCUMMY RIGHT AWAY" mindset when the game had only just begun. While I don't disagree with it, his overly agressive attack on DLE was, idk, out of place.

Ullarwarlord: Ive said this before, he hasn't contributed much, and continues to seem to hide behind this fake posting restriction thing. His playstyle is different from company but this is understandable, as being a confirmed villy right off the bat makes for someone to play differently. But yeah the posting thing seems v. scummy to me idk.

##unvote

##vote Da Letter El

askaninjask said:
It is much more useful in my opinion to post "bad" reads; who you think is acting strangely or has slipped in some way.
Calling your hypocrisy. Start posting bad reads so we can accuse you!

Post restrictions add spice to the game and pressure on the power roles who have received them. Good job BT!

I don't understand the initial justification of the VB bandwagon, but then again he seems just a little bit scared in his defense. Might be that he has some noc experience idk.

@capslock: Conscription with a drained iPhone battery. Legal enough? Also g2g now to school, no time for a longer post!

Hi

So right now I feel like everybody's rush to point out who is scum is making themselves sound like scum...see askaninja, DLE, and other that keep going 'THIS GUY IS SCUM BECAUSE X'. I feel like our time would be much better spent trying to prove that you're clean; we really, really don't want to mislynch in a game this small. At the very least, don't go so overboard pointing out who is scum that you get yourself lynched. Not voting for now until I have a better idea of what to do.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It is very dangerous to try and prove someone village. If you fuck up and think that someone is village whwn they are scum then you have just allowed them to fly under the radar for a good portion of the game. Also if you accuse someone as being scum then you force them to make a defence which you can get a read off of. Accuse someone of village doesnt have the same effect.

^ Agreeing with this. Nobody is ever proven clean 100% even if smash is almost that.

Regarding lynching:

Whilw we don't exactly want to mislynch, they help us in 2 ways:
1) Increasing the mathematical odds for randlynching mafia
2) Enabling more analysis on the data that lead to the mislynch

VOTECOUNT 1.5:
1) vonFiedler (1) - Da Letter El Paperblade
2) Walrein (2) - askaninjask Paperblade
4) Da Letter El (1) - askaninjask Vintage Books
5) UllarWarlord (0) - Walrein
6) idiotfrommars (0) - Vintage Books Walrein
7) Vintage Books (3) - MeowMixx idiotfrommars Walrein
8) Paperblade (0) - vonFiedler Agape
9) Jalmont (1) - MeowMixx UllarWarlord
11) askaninjask (2) - Agape vonFiedler
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (0) -
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (2) - Jalmont, smashlloyd20

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes for majority. Deadline is in 28 hours and 0 minutes.

I got an idea: Perhaps those who prepare their posts the most are mafia, since they are trying hard do appear village? Post restrictions counter this, though, so BT might have set restrictions only on the mafia. (How smart of him!)

Based on the current data, idiotfrommars has made few posts, but most of them have been carefully made.

Aska is suspicious because his every posts has begun with a capital letter.

Ullar is suspicious because some of his posts are trollish, some careful.

DLE talks so much that it's certain to contain forged behavioral patterns.

I'll say Von is somewhat suspicious just to keep him on his toes.

Walrein.

BT is so nice to arrange these votecounts :)

##Vote idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
I think you can get some basic understanding by watching who is the viewing the thread and how long they take to make their post if they are carefully looking over stuff, but at the same time the thread is the only way you can represent yourself so posting for the fuck of posting without looking over any previous events and posts isn't going to do much of anything.

I really don't think time spent constructing a post can have a huge effect on who is viewed as mafia and it is always good to make sure that you carefully construct ever post that you make so you get your message across clearly and concisely.

Also I wasn't aware that I was carefully constructing my posts :o

All but one has been made on my phone where it's quite difficult to type long paragraphs. Also bold sucks to do on my phone so for now.

##unvote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)