Sunday Mafia - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You know what, fuck this change. It'll be better and easier for us to get a majority on Walrein than it will be on Vintage Books. I do NOT want to risk the possibility of a no lynch situation.

##Unvote

##Vote Walrein

o_o

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
As an aside, inspect/tracker should probably be on one of jalmont or paperblade. BG should be randed on someone you think is town and a likely kill target; same thing with a watcher. Safeguard should rand on someone you don't think is going to be inspected, protected or idled. I'd say smashlloyd if he actually had said anything thus far.

I am currently very angry as this emoticon clearly indicates, watch as I do the porygon3 :@

VOTECOUNT 1.12:
1) vonFiedler (0) - Da Letter El Paperblade
2) Walrein (5) - askaninjask Paperblade Da Letter El Agape Vintage Books UllarWarlord askaninjask
4) Da Letter El (0) - askaninjask Vintage Books
5) UllarWarlord (0) - Walrein
6) idiotfrommars (0) - Vintage Books Walrein Agape
7) Vintage Books (4) - MeowMixx idiotfrommars Walrein Agape vonFiedler askaninjask
8) Paperblade (0) - vonFiedler Agape
9) Jalmont (0) - MeowMixx UllarWarlord
11) askaninjask (0) - Agape vonFiedler
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (1) - idiotfrommars
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (2) - Jalmont, smashlloyd20

Walrein is at L-2!
Vintage Books is at L-3!

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes for majority. Deadline is in 30 minutes.

Hello

This will likely be my last post before deadline. I feel like Vintage Books is playing more suspiciously, but honestly the odds of Walrein being mafia seem decently high as well. On the other hand, if we do lynch Walrein we have a few members under extreme suspicion. Two of Paperblade, DLE, and Vintage would be more or less confirmed mafia, but I feel like Vintage has a higher chance of actually being mafia. However, I don't think we can get two people besides me to switch to Vintage before deadline so

##vote Walrein

I DO NOT WANT A NO LYNCH.

Also I will attempt to get on at about 4:55 to check the situation.

Lastly, Please please please can I have BG tonight. I am the cleanest villager at the moment, and keeping me alive would be really useful.

VOTECOUNT 1.13:
2) Walrein (6) - askaninjask Paperblade Da Letter El Agape Vintage Books UllarWarlord askaninjask smashlloyd20
7) Vintage Books (4) - MeowMixx idiotfrommars Walrein Agape vonFiedler askaninjask
12) MeowMixx (0) -
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (1) - Jalmont

Walrein is at L-1!
Vintage Books is at L-3!

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes for majority. Deadline is in 15 minutes.

VOTECOUNT 1.14 - END:
2) Walrein (7) - askaninjask Paperblade Da Letter El Agape Vintage Books UllarWarlord askaninjask smashlloyd20 vonFiedler -
LYNCH
7) Vintage Books (3) - MeowMixx idiotfrommars Walrein Agape vonFiedler askaninjask
12) MeowMixx (0) -
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (1) - Jalmont

~

"Walrein is annoying!"
"Walrein is acting just like last game!"
"Walrein is getting better, let's lynch him anyway!"

Walrein was Vocal Vicky,
Vanilla Town.
VOCAL VICKY WANTED TO BE HEARD, SO SHE HAD TO TALK IN ALL CAPS FOR THE MAJORITY OF HER POSTS. I ASSUME THAT IT WORKED OUT WELL FOR HER.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours and 5 minutes to submit whatever actions/commands you may have. You may not talk at night.

"Wake up."

Suddenly, you're all wide awake. Quite the weird sensation. Hopefully it won't become mandatory. Hopefully it hasn't become mandatory yet...

A quick look around reveals that Jalmont disappeared overnight. You don't see a note anywhere, though. The killer must have done a wonderful job.

Jalmont was ???

DAY 2 RESTRICTION - DON'T CALL MY NAME
"Some of you are shy and do not want people addressing them directly. Today you may not address users by their username outside of votes. You may, however, call them by nicknames..."

VOTECOUNT 2.1:
1) vonFiedler (0) -
4) Da Letter El (0) -
5) UllarWarlord (0) -
6) idiotfrommars (0) -
7) Vintage Books (0) -
8) Paperblade (0) -
11) askaninjask (0) -
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (0) -
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (10) - vonFiedler, Da Letter El, UllarWarlord, idiotfrommars, Vintage Books, Paperblade, askaninjask, MeowMixx, Agape, smashlloyd20

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes for majority. Deadline is in 48 hours and 0 minutes.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, I freaked out at the end of the last day, and I understand that nobody likes me anymore, but for the same reasons I outlined before, Vintage Books is really almost certainly bad in my eyes... I wish I could do more analysis of the last day, but it was MY poor decision that led to the wrong lynch being done. I'll post an analysis of the first day later on. Sorry guys :(

##Vote Vintage Books

I was going to post this yesterday but for some reason I thought the deadline was much later than it was.

@paperblade you are abnormally quiet. any particular reason?
Main reason is class just started up.

Other reason is that I don't really like Day 1s because a lot of the things people say I have trouble reading. I am having trouble telling if people are just intentionally being dense, don't know how to play NOC, or are mafia.

For example, from reading Agape's posts, I get the impression he at least understands the basics (such as "mislynching is still okay because it gives us information"), but a lot of his posts feel really noncontributory. Even those where he is not going off on that grammar theory (which is really a load) feel like he isn't doing much but is trying to fit in, but that could just be because he's inexperienced. And it really irks me.

But

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4392881&postcount=149

I really really dislike this post

##Vote Agape

Yeah, so before I get asked, fulfilling the global PR isn't a necessity. Only if you feel like it, I suppose. I do think this one is pretty fun though. :/

VOTECOUNT 2.2:
1) vonFiedler (0) -
4) Da Letter El (0) -
5) UllarWarlord (0) -
6) idiotfrommars (0) -
7) Vintage Books (1) - askaninjask
8) Paperblade (0) -
11) askaninjask (0) -
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (1) - Paperblade
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (8) - vonFiedler, Da Letter El, UllarWarlord, idiotfrommars, Vintage Books, MeowMixx, Agape, smashlloyd20

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes for majority. Deadline is in 47 hours and 0 minutes.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Also, with Walrein lynched, the thread is no longer plagued with his OVEREXUBERANT posts.

Think about that. WAS it really a mislynch? Or did the mafia take advantage of our hatred of his post restriction?

In his honor, all of my following posts will be in all caps.

jk

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ullar why do you get the impression that it was ever either Walrein or VB that was mafia? Walrein only pleaded with us to vote VB because that was the only other option. Seeing as Walrein was lynched and was town, I've already layed out who I think are mafia;

askaninjask
Paperblade
Da Letter El

The only addition to what I last posted is DLE's "doomed heroic effort" to save Walrein, a gambit that could have nearly costed the village a vanilla anyway. Which you wouldn't care about if you were a mafia just trying to look good. And who buys that as soon as Walrein posts scum thoughts DLE decides that he "seems town" enough that VB would become scum #1?

Now aska wants us all to feel sorry for him because he caused a mislynch. Which I would agree with if he is mafia. If he is town though, he is really low on the list of who is to blame. Jalmont, idiotfrommars, and myself all had fairly arbitrary lynch votes against them that gained some traction. Meowmix wouldn't share much blame if it had instead been a VB mislynch.

I'm absolutely certain 2/3 of these are mafia, if not all three. The only question is who to lynch today.

I'd like to get one of these lynched:

Askaninjask or daletterel because I think one of them must be mafia if our cerulean hurricane -ish host handpicked them. I don't feel like following a dle lynch today, so I'll go with aska instead.

##Vote Vintage Books

Vintage Books or Paperblade because I approve dle's arguments somewhat and Paperblade as chainsaw defense.

Defense @Paperblade: My posts will not improve in quality. I've noticed that the harder I try the more ridiculous they become.

Also inspector any results?

Yeah weak post but it's past 2AM.

I think at least 1 of those 3 are mafia.

I'd wait for until another mislynch to start lynching aska/dle, because even while they are mafia they produce much data to analyze and help noobs like me become better in NOC. I for one await aska's D1 analysis with enthusiasm.

Also this gives me a chance for a better chainsaw defense.

##Vote Paperblade

Ok well before the night began there were a lot of accusations at me, but i was asleep so i never got a chance to defend myself, so ill address some posts now.

Vintage Books' post is interesting though. He seemed to just jump on the Walrein lynch without really any problems. His complaining about the all caps feels fake to me. It's annoying but I think most of us have gotten past that. I guess maybe if you're some super geek for kerning or whatever you might still be pissed off like some hipster debating the differences between arial and helvetica I could see that being legit, but I thought that was really weird.

I'm also trying to decide what exactly Vintage Books' motivation for jumping on the Walrein bandwagon is though.

So, @Vintage Books, what exactly prompted you to join the Walrein bandwagon? I don't mean in terms of the reasons you posted (unless those are your only reasons). I mean, why did my asking you about the Walrein lynch cause you to change your vote? Is it my asking you that made you do it, or had you been meaning to change your vote to Walrein for a while? Or was it for some other reason?
When it came down to it, we needed a lynch, even if we were unlucky enough to hit town, it was something we needed for info. There were a few people (fat walrus, drolrawrallu, sharp paper, agape [i got nothing]) that I probably would have supported a lynch for. The best thing for the town to do at that point was to hit someone that hadn't really contributed a great deal so far (i know i fall into that bucket but i wouldn't really like to lynch myself), in order for the town to get reads on people. When fat walrus was posed as a potential lynch target, I basically agreed with the reasoning and put my vote onto him, as I knew we needed to hit someone tonight to put the town in any kind of decent position, even if it was a mislynch.

ill post more later im really busy atm

wow that lynch was a clusterfuck, my stray vote on BV almost helped, but I guess not everybody wanted to turn

some really bizarre things happened leading up to the spheal lynch. I really don't like questiona's "hey let's vote bv wait no let's vote spheal thing." it screams of someone who was trying to bus their teammate but then realized that it might not be the best course of action so he quickly switched back to cause a mislynch, and his defense of "I freaked out" isn't a great leg to stand on imo

mrq is equally as odd, as even though he was on for the duration of the time leading up to the hammer and was calling for a change to vintage books, he never once actually changed his vote to vintage books. now he may have been waiting to ensure that the lynch could actually happen before changing so that there was no no lynch, but that just seems kinda off to me.

I figure if BV turns up scum then one or both of them is probably scum as well, and I'm reasonably confident that any other mafia can probably be found within whoever voted for spheal, save for crashroids of course.

have to wonder why jalmont was targeted. also lol jalmont died

also @bv just reading over your last post and you say we needed a lynch on somebody, which is true, but you actually placed a vote on him, which is silly to do when there was a good 14 hours or so before we actually needed to agree on a viable lynch target. it just seems like rather than lynch somebody who was noncontributing you were trying to get the pressure off of you and onto walrein in an attempt to simply save yourself.

also hi dumbass from jupiter who is viewing this as well! you should post something maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)