Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Organization Member XIV, I changed my challenge and reposted it. Maybe you missed it.

Oh and Recec seems to be new, lets give him a nice signature challenge called RNG:

Recec, you get RNG the Mudkip. Mudkip is a fan of RNG and bases his challenges on it. You may learn a total of [1-3] damaging moves, while all your moves must be off [1-4] different types ASAP, and they must stay at that number. Mudkip may evolve for the first time at level [20-30] after solo'ing [1-3] gyms and evolve a second time at level [36-46] after solo'ing [1-3] other gym leaders. For every time RNG faints, throw away [5-20] of your most expensive pokeballs, or [5-10] of your most expensive items. You may heal Mudkip a maximum of [1-5] times per battle.
Mudkip [may=1/may not=2] hold items. (If yes, he must always hold an item) Too prove your starters worth, have it solo at least [1-4] elite four and champion pokemon per fight of [1-5] members.

Ps: you have to RNG the numbers between brackets to find out your challenge.

Organization Member XIV, I changed my challenge and reposted it. Maybe you missed it.

Oh and Recec seems to be new, lets give him a nice signature challenge called RNG:

Recec, you get RNG the Mudkip. Mudkip is a fan of RNG and bases his challenges on it. You may learn a total of [1-3] damaging moves, while all your moves must be off [1-4] different types ASAP, and they must stay at that number. Mudkip may evolve for the first time at level [20-30] after solo'ing [1-3] gyms and evolve a seconf time at level [36-46] after solo'ing [1-3] other gym leaders. For every time RNG faints, throw away [5-20] of your most expensive pokeballs, or [5-10] of your most expensive items. You may heal Mudkip a maximum of [1-5] times per battle.
Mudkip [may=1/may not=2] hold items. (If yes, he must always hold an item) Too prove your starters worth, have it solo at least [1-4] elite four and champion pokemon per fight of [1-5] members.

Ps: you have to RNG the numbers between brackets to find out your challenge.
DOUBLE EDIT: SchnitzelLion refused to accept Cooperation the Nidoran, so on those grounds the challEnge is REJECTED! (That didn't deserve to be called a challange!
That is why the challenge was rejected.

Challanges:

Flipper the Pikachu: King Serperior

Eon the Eevee: Auramaster

IAMNOTWEAK the Onix: Jimera0.

Zapped the Diglett: It's A Random

Dry Skin the Bulbasaur: Yarnus of Bethany

Claws the Meowth: Present

EDIT: Four E4 solos. Lovely. So I've got Persian soloing Lorelei, Venusaur soloing Bruno, Raichu soloing Agatha, and Onix soloing Lance. The easiest one will probably be Venusaur soloing Bruno.

I'd love to do one of these, now that I've got so much free time.

-I'll play Emerald version.
-I can trade for evolving.

As a special rule; Hoenn is the only region where I genuinely like all the starters, so if one of my Pokemon could be a starter that would be appreciated, thanks.

I think that's everything that needs mentioning, if I forgot something, please point it out and I'll fix it up.
Take Jealous the Ralts. This Ralts is jealous that Abra is viewed as a superior Psychic type in game. Therefore, Jealous wants to flaunt its earlier Psychic STAB by only spamming Confusion until it evolves. When it evolves, it realizes that it is far more beautiful than Kadabra. Rename it Gorgeous to show you agree with it. You are also allowed to use other moves than Confusion because Gorgeous realized its superiority to Abra. Solo Wattson to be able to use Shock Wave. Once you evolve to Gardevoir, solo Sidney. I'm serious, solo Sidney.

Sorry for double posting.

mmm k reserving for something really different for OM XIV

Take a Meowth and call it Claws...
Claws can only learn moves in any way related to its claws. It can evolve after solo'ing a gym . When it has evolved, it does not want to use its claws anymore. Why not, you ask? Because it does not want to make them dirty. It can therfore no longer use moves that require claws in any way possible. Additionally, it gets really greedy. Not that strange, by the looks of that gem on its fore head. It must learn pay day (and snatch, but it is a tm, so i do not know if you have it by then) and use it whenever it battles first, to recover money from opponents.

Have it solo an elite four member and steal money from him/her with snatch. (if you do not have snatch - if you have it, he/she must learn it - resort to payday.)

GL

• Got Dry Skin the Docile Bulbasaur (OK Nature)
  • Beat Rival Blue (I know, I'm SOOOOOO Original)
  • Took care of Oak's Parcel quest and got five Pokeballs. (Yay, the game doesn't troll you anymore by not giving you Pokeballs.)
  • Caught Flipper the Hasty Pikachu. (Yay, a good Nature!)
  • ROFLstomped my Rival again.
  • Flipper learns Quick Attack, and with that its restriction of switching between Physical and Special Moves for every Pokemon comes into play.
  • Clear out Viridian Forest.
  • ROFLstomp Brock's Gym with Dry Skin the Bulbasaur
  • Running Shoes GET!

Dry Skin the Bulbasaur Lv. 14
Overgrow
Docile Nature
Tackle
Vine Whip
Leech Seed
Growl

Hasn't been restricted at ALL so far. Taking 3 consecutive Water attacks to evolve won't be too hard in Misty's gym. Soloing a Gym Leader while paralyzed to be able to evolve into Venusaur won't be too hard in Lt. Surge's Gym, although I can't kill Surge's Voltorb until he paralyzes me with either Pikachu or Raichu.

Flipper the Pikachu Lv. 11
Static
Hasty Nature
Thundershock
Thunder Wave
Tail Whip
Quick Attack

With Quick Attack, his restriction has come into play. I'll put the post with all my challanges in my sig in case you missed them. Has to solo Erika to evolve, which'll be a little annoying. Most likely forgetting my own restrictions gogogo!

I'd love to do one of these, now that I've got so much free time.

-I'll play Emerald version.
-I can trade for evolving.

As a special rule; Hoenn is the only region where I genuinely like all the starters, so if one of my Pokemon could be a starter that would be appreciated, thanks.

I think that's everything that needs mentioning, if I forgot something, please point it out and I'll fix it up.
Reserving a mon.

EDIT: Take Boombox the Whismur.

This Whismur is a natural sound amplifier. Why? Because it's not COMPLETELY deaf. Thus, any sound move it hears, it wants to amplify: into its own move. It may only use moves that are sound-based. After using 25 sound-based moves, evolve. After using another 50, evolve again. (NOTE: This can be done by spamming wild Whismur battles). Solo a Gym Leader or Elite Four of your choice.

ok, kust need one more poke to begin my challenge, so far I have Ralts, Zigzagoon, Slakoth, Keckleon and Torchic. Please give me a non-normal type, I already have 3 of those. The challenge is normal difficulty and its ruby version

After reading about this on the latest issue of The Smog and reading this thread, this does seem like a lot of fun to do. So my Scramble will be this:

-Either HeartGold or SoulSilver (I'll let you guys pick which one and majority vote decides the version I play)
-I'm playing through an emulator so I can't trade
-Medium Difficulty
-One of the 6 has to be either Totodile or Cyndaquil and must be able to evolve to the final stage (sorry Chikorita but you aren't cool enough for me)
-I would like one other member before I do the first gym
-No extreme grinding or anything with EV training

Current Voting: 3 HeartGold, 0 SoulSilver

It's HeartGold Scramble.

Scramblemons:

Take a Cyndaquil and name it Quote. Quote's moves gain power the more opponents he defeats, but lose power whenever he takes a dive. Quote can use moves up to 40BP (including STAB) when you first obtain him. He gains 20 max BP every time he solos a major battle (Rocket admins, your rival, Gym Leader, Elite 4). He also gains 5 max BP for every 2 trainer battles by himself (keep a tally). His max BP cannot exceed 225BP (the max BP of Eruption) He LOSES 40 max BP every time he faints (cannot drop below 40 max BP though). He also loses 5 max BP every time you use a healing item on him. Your max BP limit always includes STAB (so Ember counts as 60BP, Flamethrower as 142.5, etc). Good luck!

Summary:
-Has a limit on the power of moves he can use. This limit cannot be higher than 225BP or lower than 40BP, and calculations include STAB bonus
-Gains 20 max BP upon soloing a major battle and 5 BP upon soloing 2 normal trainers
-Loses 40 max BP when he faints and 5 BP when a healing item is used on him.

Catch a Rattata and name it Joey. Joey is not like other Rattata, he's in the top percentage of Rattata, as such he must always be the highest level Pokemon in your party. Coupled with this, Joey refuses to evolve until he solo's 20 other Rattata, just to prove he is better. (You could spam against wild ones, but that would be breaking the spirit of the challange). And to once and for all prove he is the best, he must solo one gym leader or E4 member of your choice.

Can be caught at lower level than the party but must be the highest level Pokemon of the party ASAP.

Ok, buddy, I am feeling very nice, so you get Stubborn the Magikarp

This Magikarp must be caught/Bought at the very first opportunity. Once you get this Magikarp, it can only evolve after landing the final blow on your Rival's second-stage Starter.
After evolution, Stubborn lives up to his name in that he will only use Level Up moves.
After Stubborn has solo'd the final Gym Leader, you can teach him ONE Tutor move.

Anyway, catch Batman the Zubat. Batman is a cool guy, and wants to only learn moves real people could also use. The only exception is leech life, as it is a really cool, leeching move, which it wants to use at least once every battle. Hm's are also exceptions (like Fly), but they cannot be used in battle. To evolve for the first time, solo a gym, excluding gym leader. To evolve again, solo a gym leader in a different gym. As Batman obviously is a heroic bat, he wants to switch into battle whenever another member goes down into red health and always wants to stay in your top 2 highest leveled members, as it wants to be able to rescue all people and pokemon in need. Because it is a hero, it wants to battle the team Rocket Bosses, but they are optional. With every Boss you solo, Batman can learn and use one move a human cannot. (so you only really care to solo three if you want to, as leech life is mandatory).

Adding a part about being not in top 2 of levels when initially caught like Joey but must be in top 2 of levels ASAP.

Move Pool:

astonish, bite, mean look, poison fang (some people have very bad breath o.o),

for tm: hidden power, taunt, protect, frustration, return, aerial ace, torment, rest, attract, thief, snatch, endure, payback, captivate, sleep talk, natural gift, swagger, pluck

for move tutor: snore, uproar, super fang.

Depressed is upset that it has a terrible BST yet a good movepool, and as such must always have four moves of different types in its moveset. Additionally, Depressed must solo two gyms of your choice and two of Red's Pokémon in order to prove itself as a Dunsparce. As soon as possible, Depressed must also have an Sitrus Berry at all times because it functions as a safety blanket. When the Sitrus Berry gets used up, you cannot use Depressed until you get him another Sitrus Berry.

Until Dratini reaches Lv.40, it can only use Dragon Rage and other Dragon moves. After Dragonair reaches Level 40 (yes, you may evolve when you reach Level 30) you can NEVER use STAB moves again until you evolve to Dragonite. Also, solo Clair with Dragonair. (If this is too hard, just solo her Kingdra instead.) Also, solo Lance's highest level Dragonite.

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

@Otamon - How about Toad the Shroomish? Wanting to emulate a certain guy in red, Toad avoids using any moves that would be considered to be Special and all non-damaging moves. Toad is all about attacking with his own physical power. In order to evolve, he must deliver the KO blow to both of Brawley's Pokemon.

After reading about this on the latest issue of The Smog and reading this thread, this does seem like a lot of fun to do. So my Scramble will be this:

-Either HeartGold or SoulSilver (I'll let you guys pick which one and majority vote decides the version I play)
-Medium Difficulty
-One of the 6 has to be either Totodile or Cyndaquil and must be able to evolve to the final stage (sorry Chikorita but you aren't cool enough for me)
Catch a Rattata and name it Joey. Joey is not like other Rattata, he's in the top percentage of Rattata, as such he must always be the highest level Pokemon in your party. Coupled with this, Joey refuses to evolve until he solo's 20 other Rattata, just to prove he is better. (You could spam against wild ones, but that would be breaking the spirit of the challange). And to once and for all prove he is the best, he must solo one gym leader or E4 member of your choice.

I vote for HeartGold.

As for my challenge, I accept all of them, so I just need two more Pokemon before I can start.

Recec, take Scarface the Zangoose. The Zangoose species' rivalry with Seviper is well known; however, Scarface takes it to a whole new level of hatred. He hates them so much, his hatred extends to all Poison-type or snakelike pokémon. As soon as he is added to the team, he must solo every enemy fitting this description you encounter. Additionally, he wants people to "say hello to his little friend," and must always be the higher leveled of your two pokémon involved in a double battle. If you fail either of these conditions, Scarface will become very displeased with you, and cannot fight until you prove your worth by beating the next Gym Leader/E4 Member.

tl;dr version:
-Zangoose named Scarface
-Must solo every poison-type or snakelike pokémon
-Has to be the higher-leveled poké in a double battle
-If you fail any of the above, he can't be used until you beat a gym/E4 member

Recec, take Scarface the Zangoose. The Zangoose species' rivalry with Seviper is well known; however, Scarface takes it to a whole new level of hatred. He hates them so much, his hatred extends to all Poison-type or snakelike pokémon. As soon as he is added to the team, he must solo every enemy fitting this description you encounter. Additionally, he wants people to "say hello to his little friend," and must always be the higher leveled of your two pokémon involved in a double battle. If you fail either of these conditions, Scarface will become very displeased with you, and cannot fight until you prove your worth by beating the next Gym Leader/E4 Member.

tl;dr version:
-Zangoose named Scarface
-Must solo every poison-type or snakelike pokémon
-Has to be the higher-leveled poké in a double battle
-If you fail any of the above, he can't be used until you beat a gym/E4 member
I just checked, Zangoose is only obtainable in Ruby version, and my Link Cable doesn't work anymore, so I can't trade with my Ruby/Sapphire versions. (I can still trade with FireRed/LeafGreen with the wireless things.)

So if you could post a new Pokemon for me to use, that would be great.

Black 2 Scramble

Easy Difficulty
No Level Restrictions
Must have a full team by Elite 4
No Trades (in game trades are OK).

I will start once I get my starter so start with that.

Wrave, take an Azurill. Name it whatever you want. It cannot use any attacks which are not STAB affected (that includes non-damaging status moves, as those can't be affected by STAB at all).

Solo Cheren. With up to 3 Healing items. You can evolve to Marill after beating Cheren.

If you survive, have fun.

I haven't done a Scramble in a long time. Remember the Soul Silver Scramble? The Black 1 Solo Scramble with Shelly the Oshawott? The Diamond Scramblocke that was eventually abandoned out of utter confusion? I'm giving it a try on White 2. The twist: it will be a Mono-Water scramble. And yes, I will use the starter, Oshawott.

Hit me with your best shots!

-Medium Difficulty

Scramblemons:

Joey the Rattata - Recec

@Otamon - How about Toad the Shroomish? Wanting to emulate a certain guy in red, Toad avoids using any moves that would be considered to be Special and all non-damaging moves. Toad is all about attacking with his own physical power. In order to evolve, he must deliver the KO blow to both of Brawley's Pokemon.
Ok, buddy, I am feeling very nice, so you get Stubborn the Magikarp

This Magikarp must be caught/Bought at the very first opportunity. Once you get this Magikarp, it can only evolve after landing the final blow on your Rival's second-stage Starter.
After evolution, Stubborn lives up to his name in that he will only use Level Up moves.
After Stubborn has solo'd the final Gym Leader, you can teach him ONE Tutor move.

Good Luck!
Black 2 Scramble

Easy Difficulty
No Level Restrictions

This challange will be very simple: Get Complicated the Audino

Audino can only learn and use TM moves. No HM moves allowed. Complicated must hold the Rare Candy because it believes that they grant tremendous strength.

Finally, solo the Ghost E4 member! Good Luck!!

I haven't done a Scramble in a long time. Remember the Soul Silver Scramble? The Black 1 Solo Scramble with Shelly the Oshawott? The Diamond Scramblocke that was eventually abandoned out of utter confusion? I'm giving it a try on White 2. The twist: it will be a Mono-Water scramble. And yes, I will use the starter, Oshawott.

Take Evil the Alomomola

As it is an Alomomola, you have just Three restrictions:
1). Solo Drayden
2). Solo Marshall.
3). Cannot learn Toxic, Wish, or Rest

Good Luck!!

King Serperior, I accept your Scramblemon but I did ask what version you want to play: HeartGold or SoulSilver.

Recec, depending on the other selections, is it okay for the Rattata to be at a lower level when it's initially caught compared to the rest of the party? Once it's caught it will fulfill the requirement of being the highest member of the party.

I just checked, Zangoose is only obtainable in Ruby version, and my Link Cable doesn't work anymore, so I can't trade with my Ruby/Sapphire versions. (I can still trade with FireRed/LeafGreen with the wireless things.)

So if you could post a new Pokemon for me to use, that would be great.
Oh, derp. Here's a new one: A Spinda named STRONG. It must learn Strength and Rock Smash as soon as possible. To prove its strength against the many Spinda haters, it must lead every battle. This restriction will be lifted when it solos an entire gym, as it will have proved its might. To keep the masses from forgetting, however, it will then need to use both Strength and Rock Smash in every battle it appears in before using any other moves.

Recec, depending on the other selections, is it okay for the Rattata to be at a lower level when it's initially caught compared to the rest of the party? Once it's caught it will fulfill the requirement of being the highest member of the party.
Good point. You can catch Rattata at a lower level than the rest of your party, he just has to overtake them ASAP.

Oh, derp. Here's a new one: A Spinda named STRONG. It must learn Strength and Rock Smash as soon as possible. To prove its strength against the many Spinda haters, it must lead every battle. This restriction will be lifted when it solos an entire gym, as it will have proved its might. To keep the masses from forgetting, however, it will then need to use both Strength and Rock Smash in every battle it appears in before using any other moves.
Thanks, I accept this new Pokemon. Just one more Poke and I can get started.

Pika take Charming the Azurill. It must be male and must keep Charm. It must use Charm against ALL female pokemon and cannot run unless it does so. In order to evolve it must beat 18 female pokemon. Once it becomes Marill, it realizes that beating female pokemon is bad and can only beat them through indirect ways but still must charm all females. In order to evolve it must solo one Male Gym Leader. Once it becomes Azumarill, it can only battle females if they are stronger than him. Also solo all other Male Azurill/Marill/Azumarill throughout.

Audino is accepted. Azurill is rejected because I consider evolution restrictions to be in line with level restrictions.

Also I mentioned I wanted my starter first.

Also I mentioned I wanted my starter first.
Wrave, choose Snivy and name him Arrogance. Arrogance truly believes he is better than any Pokemon he is a higher level than and does not feel they are worth the PP to defeat them, as such he cannot harm them directly (if possible, early game might be a bit of problem).

I'm leaving the challenge as this because I feel it might impact your level restrictions rule.

Woah, look at all the new arrivals. Looks like that Smog article is drawing the people in.

Alright, here come the challenges.

@Recec
Take a Torkoal and name it Booster. Booster knows that it has the ability White Smoke, and wants to make the best of that ability by boosting its stats, knowing that they can't be lowered back down. Booster cannot attack directly unless at least one of its stats is boosted. Good luck!

@Pheonix512
Take a Cyndaquil and name it Quote. Quote's moves gain power the more opponents he defeats, but lose power whenever he takes a dive. Quote can use moves up to 40BP (including STAB) when you first obtain him. He gains 20 max BP every time he solos a major battle (Rocket admins, your rival, Gym Leader, Elite 4). He also gains 5 max BP for every 2 trainer battles by himself (keep a tally). His max BP cannot exceed 225BP (the max BP of Eruption) He LOSES 40 max BP every time he faints (cannot drop below 40 max BP though). He also loses 5 max BP every time you use a healing item on him. Your max BP limit always includes STAB (so Ember counts as 60BP, Flamethrower as 142.5, etc). Good luck!

Summary:
-Has a limit on the power of moves he can use. This limit cannot be higher than 225BP or lower than 40BP, and calculations include STAB bonus
-Gains 20 max BP upon soloing a major battle and 5 BP upon soloing 2 normal trainers
-Loses 40 max BP when he faints and 5 BP when a healing item is used on him.

@Wrave

Take a Woobat and name it Prim. Prim refuses to touch the dirty little peasant Pokemon that you encounter, and as such can never use a move that makes contact. To see if a move makes contact, just check out it's Bulbapedia page (use the search function to help find other moves, Heart stamp is just an example). Prim at first idolizes Burgh because he's all fancy schmancy... that is until it finds out he uses BUGS! Upon this horrifying revelation, it swears to take him down. Have Prim solo Burgh, and only after soloing Burgh can it evolve.

@Pika25
Take a MALE Frillish and name it Lays. It's all like, dull and boring before it evolves. It has no restrictions. Then it evolves it becomes PRINGLES. And once you pop YOU JUST CAN'T STOP! After Pringles leaves its Pokeball it must stay in battle either until the battle ends or Pringles faints. Also, since Pringles have come in an almost ludicrous number of flavours over the years, its moveset must reflect this. Pringles cannot have two moves that are the same type as each other, or two moves that fit in the same category (the categories being, physical attacking, special attacking, self targeting status moves, opponent targeting status moves, moves with multiple/secondary effects (ie Swagger, scald, psychic, etc), moves that inflict status conditions, moves that affect stats). If you end up with two moves in the same category for whatever reason, you must immediately pick one move to be the move for that category, with all the other moves in that category being unusable. Intentionally entering a battle with overlapping moves when you have the means to remedy the situation is not allowed. And just to ensure you don't shove it down to the bottom of your party where it cannot annoy you, have Pringles spread the flavour to at least one Elite 4 member and one gym leader (by soloing them, of course). Good luck!

Summary:
-Catch a male Frillish
-Name it Lays at first, rename to Pringles upon evolution
-No restrictions until evolution
-After evolution, must stay in battle once sent in until the battle ends or her faints
-Must have no moves that share the same type, and must have no overlap in any of the following move categories: Special attacking moves, physical attacking moves, Status moves that target the opponent, Status moves that target yourself, moves with multiple effects (ie Swagger, Scald, Psychic), moves that can inflict status conditions, moves that can affect stat levels.
-Should any overlap occur, one move must be selected to be the only usable move in that category. Intentionally entering battle with moves that overlap when you have the means to remedy the situation is not allowed.
-Solo one gym leader and one elite 4 member.

Whew, that took a while making all those. I hope everyone enjoys their challenges!

EDIT NOTE: Made a few small changes to Pika25's and Pheonix512's challanges, make sure you're playing the most recent version guys!

Woah, look at all the new arrivals. Looks like that Smog article is drawing the people in.

Alright, here come the challenges.

@Recec
Take a Torkoal and name it Booster. Booster knows that it has the ability White Smoke, and wants to make the best of that ability by boosting its stats, knowing that they can't be lowered back down. Booster cannot attack directly unless at least one of its stats is boosted. Good luck!
I accept Booster, now have a complete team, and can get started.

You get Tortimer the Carracosta. As he is quite the gentleman, he can never use physical attacks. As he wished to remove all corrupt politicians/the competition, he may not evolve until he solos 30 trainer dark types. After evolution, he may have one non-STAB physical attack.

Black 2 Scramble

Easy Difficulty
No Level Restrictions

You get Deutsch the Axew. A rather confused individual, it believes itself to be a member of the Deino line. To simulate hustle, it cannot use any attacks with perfect accuracy until it evolves into Haxorus (Yes, this means basically double chop + a few TMs). However, once it becomes Haxorus, it must have 2 special moves in its moveset at all times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)