OU Cores in the BW2 Metagame

Not really . With latias paralyzed and zone with hp ice, idk. Also t-tar and weavile check latios as well, the former being able to eq tentacruel and change the weather
Magnezone would have to paralyze Latias on the switch... and most Magnezonw don't run T-wave so you would have t o wait for Thunder/bolt hax which will give Latias the time to set-up. Also now you're just elaborating that there would be Tyranitar or Weavile when it's Magnezone who we are talking about, and of course a core can be broken with more then one Pokemon there could be a Scizor too.

Ur misding the point. Latias doesn't have anything to hit zone netruel with even after a few cm boost he can just stall with sub
Uh, after a few boosts, which are quite easy for Latias to get against a Magnezone, it can still break past its Substitute with Dragon Pulse. Just because it's resisted doesn't mean it does nothing. Also, Magnezone lack recovery, so it can't recover the HP it lost from Substitutes bar Leftovers.

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
So basically you're admitting that Magnezone can't stall this core out on its own, but needs wish support.

How is this core Magnezone weak again?

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
An offensive core I used to employ in BW and now am testing to decent success is CB Swampert and Specs Tornados. These two are offensively strong and cover each other's weaknesses well, though I like pairing this core with Politoed to provide obvious Rain support and to resist Ice and Water. The sets are as follows:

[pimg]260[/pimg]
Swampert @Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Superpower

[pimg]671[/pimg]
Tornados @Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
-Tailwind

It's a pretty fun core to use, and I would definitely suggest testing it out.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
You could at least tell us what sets they run, then we can determine whether Thundurus-T destroys you or not.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cresselia @ Leftovers | Levitate
Relaxed | 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpA | IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe
Trick Room | Hidden Power [Fire] | Ice Beam | Moonlight

Heatran @ Choice Specs | Flash Fire
Quiet | 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA | IVs: 3 Atk / 2 Spe
Eruption | Earth Power | Hidden Power [Ice] | Flamethrower

Okay. The premise of this core: SpecsTran with Eruption is definitely up there in terms of sheer power. Let's abuse it. The problem: it's only available with a Quiet nature. Problem 2: Quiet Heatran is pretty much set-up fodder for many relevant threats in OU, ranging from Sheer Force RP Landorus to Salamence. The solution: run Trick Room. This simple move (haha, yea right...) turns the speed-based metagame over on its head, allowing Heatran to get the better of what would normally give it problems. Common switch-ins, such as Dragonite, Garchomp, Keldeo, Terrakion, Chansey, and Blissey, are decimated by the power behind Eruption underneath the sun, and the only mons immune to Eruption (opposing Heatran and Chandelure are the only ones on the OU Viability Ranking thread that boast this ability) are OHKOed by Earth Power, and Hidden Power Ice is used to conserve Eruption's PP against teams that stock up on Ice-weak Pokemon.

Cresselia is no less important than Heatran, and arguably is even more important, since she's incredibly bulky on the physical side. Even better, she resists almost all of Heatran's weaknesses, and can set Trick Room up as well. With Moonlight, Cresselia has a semi-reliable method of recovery, which comes in handy when dealing with teams that pack both Landorus and Keldeo. Trick Room turns the speed-based OU metagame over on its head, and the two attacking moves given provide super-effective coverage against the majority of OU. Psyshock can be used over one of the attacking moves to hit fighters for super-effective damage, but that comes at the cost of either hitting dragons hard or incinerating Scizor and Ferrothorn.

In regards to teammates, Ninetales is the best partner for the duo, since it brings eternal sunlight, powering up Heatran's Eruption and enhancing the recovery Cresselia's Moonlight brings to her. Stealth Rock setters such as Landorus-T and Forretress help this core immensely, for obvious reasons. A Chlorophyll mon such as Venusaur is good to have as a late-game sweeper and Keldeo / Terrakion check.

Versatile Defensive core

-snip-
I like the look of this core a lot. Personally I think defensive lando-t works better and should be the one to carry stealth rocks.

U-turn and volt switch on all of them lets you keep momentum very well. The only slight issue is the core is volc weak, as it beats them all after it gets one QD.

Relaxed | 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpA | 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe

Quiet | 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA | 3 Atk / 2 Spe
This seems pretty interesting. Have you ever considered giving Healing Wish a try on Cresselia? Late in the game if you don't need her anymore, you can throw up Healing Wish, get Heatran's health back up and keep Eruption at or near its full power. This would also give you a way to pivot from Cresselia to Heatran without running the risk of Heatran getting damaged once Trick Room is up. Again, you'll only want to really use it once you don't need Cresselia any longer, but it would be something cool to try out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Cress gets Lunar Dance. My mistake.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This seems pretty interesting. Have you ever considered giving Healing Wish a try on Cresselia? Late in the game if you don't need her anymore, you can throw up Healing Wish, get Heatran's health back up and keep Eruption at or near its full power. This would also give you a way to pivot from Cresselia to Heatran without running the risk of Heatran getting damaged once Trick Room is up. Again, you'll only want to really use it once you don't need Cresselia any longer, but it would be something cool to try out.
From experience, Cresselia has been a great offensive pivot for the teams that have used this core, helping out from as early as turn 2 to the end-game, acting either as an offensive pivot or a surprising late-game sweeper, when super-effective damage is more than enough to win the game. Yes, I have thought of using Lunar Dance before, but no, Cresselia is way too valuable to do that. Still, I'd have to give it a try some time. It doesn't hurt to do so. Thanks for the suggestion.

Relaxed | 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpA | 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe

Quiet | 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA | 3 Atk / 2 Spe
I don't undersand the point in having 30 sp.att and 2 atk and 2 speed evs on cresselia. If 6 evs make one stat point, you've basically wasted one stat point. The same goes with heatran, you do realize the 3 atk, and 2 spe do absolutely nothing to boosts its stats?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I don't undersand the point in having 30 sp.att and 2 atk and 2 speed evs on cresselia. If 6 evs make one stat point, you've basically wasted one stat point. The same goes with heatran, you do realize the 3 atk, and 2 spe do absolutely nothing to boosts its stats?
As Bri said, they are IVs. The 2 Atk IVs are there to minimize your attacking stat (because you are not using any physical attack) and keep the damage you receive from confusion to a minimum without losing the Hidden Power type. Something similar happens with Speed. The less speed you have, the better (because of trick room)

Just found a new core. I will list the following pokemon and their sets below.

Espeon: light clay
Timid 252 spa/252 spd/4 spd
Psychock
Reflect
Light screen
Signal beam

Dragonite: multiscale @ leftovers
Careful 252 hp/252 spd/4 def
Sub
Roost
Flamethrower
Dragon tail

Lucario: justified @ life orb
Naughty 252 atk/252 spd/4 spa

Close combat
Extreme speed
Dark pulse
Ice punch

U guys mite be wondering y i have dark pulse instead of crunch well with dark pulse, i can hit slobro harder who walls the rest of this set. We do struggle to hit jellicent hard though, but yea

Just found a new core. I will list the following pokemon and their sets below.

Espeon: light clay
Timid 252 spa/252 spd/4 spd
Psychock
Reflect
Light screen
Signal beam

Dragonite: multiscale @ leftovers
Careful 252 hp/252 spd/4 def
Sub
Roost
Flamethrower
Dragon tail

Lucario: justified @ life orb
Naughty 252 atk/252 spd/4 spa

Close combat
Extreme speed
Dark pulse
Ice punch

U guys mite be wondering y i have dark pulse instead of crunch well with dark pulse, i can hit slobro harder who walls the rest of this set. We do struggle to hit jellicent hard though, but yea
No man. Get rid of Ice Punch. Swap for Swords Dance.

Get rid of Dark Pulse on Lucario. Swap for Bullet Punch. You can also chage the nature from Naughty to Adamant. Since you are usingg priority to beat most mons anyway, you do not need a speed boosting nature.

+2 Lucario with CC/Bullet Punch/Extremespeed is an amazing late game sweeper.
+2 Bpunch OHKOs Terrakion and Gengar.
+2 Extremespeed severly dents Latios and Keldeo, and with 2 layers of spikes and one Stealth Rock, good chance to OHKO the pony. Latios requires only Rocks to be OHKOed by +2 ESpeed

Slowbro usually isn't around late game, or its battered to bits. I'd say Hydreigon would be a good teamamte for Lucario, as it can blast Slowbro apart with Dark Pulse.

I dont see the synergy with Espeon. Dnite and Lucario are a great core, but they are well slow. Espeon, while fast, has no offensive prescence as u gave her Signal Beam and Shadow Ball. Poor coverage. I'd swap Espeon for Hydreigon.

Now you have offense, a cleaner, and a good tank, all in a core. Good luck.

Espeon uses its great ability magic bounce to bounce back stealth rock. It also lures in dark types which lucario can switch into, get an attack boost, and sweep with no set up needed. Dual screens help support the team and make dragonite an exellent wall

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I think SubRoost Dragonite with Dragon Tail needs Thunder Wave to function. Otherwise, its not really doing much. With Thunder Wave, it becomes an annoyance to take out, by paralyzing threats and easily and continuously activating Multiscale with Roost.

Also naughty is an attack nature not a speed one
Naughty lowers SpD and mixed Lucario is weak. Try SD Lucario, best late game cleaner EVAH!!!

Espeon gets Pursuit trapped. Without Baton Pass, it can't escape Pursuit, and its swiftly OHKOed.

Dnite has Roost so Rocks aren't too much of a problem. And you aren't gonna send out Dnite against a Mamoswine are you?

Dual screens is for hyper offense. I know teammates, but Hyper Offense lacks walls. U say Dragonite is a wall. Another thing, ScarfTar, while uncommon, will easily beat Espion, OHKOing with Crunch.

Get rid of Espeon. It does nothing here.

Thank u. Cores are all about teamwork. Its not just covering echother's weaknesess. Its also about how they help echother with certian threats
Problem being that the core you posted cant take hits at all besides dragonite but i would switch espeon to max hp max spd with both screens not just one, give it baton pass to escape pursuit then your argument is finally valid, and lastly give it psychic only; That is all it should need. Secondly change dragonites spread to the bulky dragon dance spread with roost dragon claw and fire punch/extreme speed/earthquake as mixed walling dragonite is not good. This will give you the best of both worlds bulk as well as a set up sweeper. Lastly you should really consider the changes pointed out to you for lucario as they would help tramendiously even if you swap out the bullet punch suggestion for ice punch it would still help.

First off i do have both screens, so make sure u read the sets carefully. I will change flamthrower on dnite to t-wave and dark pulse to swords dance. I dont see the point in having hp/spd 252 for espeon, as with dual screens, she should be ok + espeon is not meant to be bulky anyways. Bp is better used by scizor,due to tech. Cario is fine with sd, ice punch, cc, and es
Its to maximize bulk so you can live hits better

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I'll be the one to say it: that core sucks.

Off the top of my head, Landorus, Banded Terrakion, and Modest/Nasty Plot Thundurus-T can all wreck your core. Hell, even LO Starmie can 2HKO (at worst) all of those Pokémon. In fact, there are so many holes with this core, I have to wonder if you've actually even tested it, or if you are simply theorymoning.

I would be nicer about the whole situation if you weren't being stubborn and telling all the people pointing out flaws in the core that they're wrong without really giving reasons (that don't suck) for your decisions. Let's go through a couple:

1. Espeon is too frail to be setting up Screens without some HP investment.

2. Lucario has no business being mixed, as his stats aren't nearly high enough to NOT have them fully invested in. He also requires a boosting move in order to be effective at all. Non-boosted Lucario sucks. If it didn't, people would use Scarf Lucario, but they don't.

3. Lucario and Espeon might resist each other's weaknesses (somewhat, as Espeon doesn't resist Fire or Ground and Lucario doesn't resist Bug or Ghost...) but they're both too frail to be considered for absorbing attacks of any kind.

4. The only dark move used in OU is Pursuit (and sometimes Crunch), which means you can't "just switch into Lucario and get the boost" because you can't switch in at all. Use Baton Pass.

5. Mixed "Wall" Dragonite is useless. There's no reason to use Flamethrower on a defensive set because it isn't "walled" by anything. It has Dragon Tail for that. Just put on Thunder Wave.

Seriously, don't be rude to people who are trying to help you. I have no problem telling you off if you are.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First off, get ur facts right. If ur gonna say my core sucks, back it up with some facts. Lucario resists both bug and ghost and i changed some sets, if u would only bother to look at the previous comments. Tell me how the hell is terrakion supposed to dstroy my team.espeon outspeeds unless he is scarfed and had psychock and reflect. Landaros? Really buddy? Ice punch. Dead. Starmie? Huh? Ohko ny crunch? It fail to ohko with any move? Yea thats wat i thought. Nice try buddy
Ok you're right about the Bug/Ghost thing, don't know what I was thinking there. BUT you're still just theorymoning! Think about what Bug moves are actually used in OU. The most common one is U-Turn from Scizor. Dragonite can absorb that, sure, but that also frees up your opponent to bring in something like Starmie, which DOES O-2HKO your entire core.

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dragonite: 322-385 (83.41 - 99.74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Espeon: 222-263 (81.91 - 97.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 286-337 (101.41 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So lets set Scizor is out on your Espeon. You switch out into Dragonite to absorb U-Turn, he loses 12.69 - 15.02% and loses Multiscale. In comes Starmie to KO. So you predict the Ice Beam and go into Espeon. It lives, but you can't hit it with anything in return, and it KO's you with Hydro Pump.

See what I mean? In practice, this core just can't work. Also, Landorus outspeeds Lucario and OHKO's with Earth Power, so that doesn't work. Banded Terrakion beats the core because nothing you have can switch into it. Even Espeon takes a huge chunck of health from banded Close Combat, and Lucario actually takes 29.07 - 34.04%, and can then easily switch out into something else since he doesn't have to fear you boosting your stats. You also need flawless prediction to prevent ANY hazards from getting up, since Gyro Ball from Forretress and Ferrothorn can OHKO your Espeon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)