Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - August 2010

I literally did not see Umbreon a single time in over a hundred battles this past month. Snorlax, Mamo, and Weavile I saw once each. At the same time, I see Smeargle and Ninjask all the time.

Also I think the total Uber battles stat is a little off again. Kyogre has more battles than total Ubers battles, as was the case last month too.
I sometimes don't see loads of stuff like Weaville and Dusknoir. It makes me wonder who actually uses them.

I felt for sure Shaymin would be much higher :S

Primeape got a HUGE jump in UU. Probably saying goodbye to NU (this thing remembers me of Scarf Flygon so much...)

Eggy, Kangaskhan and Ursaring are probably sharing the same fate. Wow, many changes there.
And it's a shame seeing Regirock in NU. A true shame. Well, at least Regirock can keep those broken fire pokes in bay there...
Finally: Scyther leads are getting popular.

In OU, things stay the same (except for position changes, of course), with Shaymin in OU.

I sometimes don't see loads of stuff like Weaville and Dusknoir. It makes me wonder who actually uses them.

I felt for sure Shaymin would be much higher :S
I'm guilty of about a third of the dusknoir leads this month I think. I've been testing ghosts as leads lately.

47 | Primeape | 5756 | 4.29

Finally Primeape's getting some recognition, the scarf set is a great scouter, and he doesn't have to worry about stealth rock like Scyther.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Spiritomb at #3 is really shocking. It's more of a testament to how good Swellow/Ambipom/Alakazam/Rotom/Mismagius/Espeon are considering he's only there to counter those threats.

Also Kabutops beating Azumarill is kind of odd. SD Feraligatr also rose so I guess people are trying out things that can break Milotic.

Qwilfish jumps from #9 lead to #5 lead, which is awesome, since he's fantastic in giving offense the hazards to beat balance. I'd like to think I was a pioneer in making him a popular lead :P. More Uxies should really be running enough speed to OHKO him with only one layer up, but I guess they don't want to sacrifice their precious bulk.

And Chansey is floating near the NU mark. A really big testament to how bad stall is doing in UU. But at the same time, Umbreon finally went below 4% again so it could make a resurgence.

And give us Heracross already! We need some good old fashioned chaos.

I always thought the cutoff for OU was 50... so Alakazam and Shayman should be in. I guess I was misinformed.

Heracross in UU won't last long, he'll be BL before ya know it. Speaking of near-UUs, why the hell is electivire still OU?!

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I always thought the cutoff for OU was 50... so Alakazam and Shayman should be in. I guess I was misinformed.

Heracross in UU won't last long, he'll be BL before ya know it. Speaking of near-UUs, why the hell is electivire still OU?!
Naw the cutoff for OU is showing up at least once in every 25 battles, so 4% is the cutoff.

Right? :S

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Spenstar

Naw the cutoff for OU is showing up at least once in every 25 battles, so 4% is the cutoff.

Right? :S
Well if that's true then Umbreon, Smeargle and Heracross will all go UU, but what about Rotom-C, that's under 4%, what's the deal with the Rotom Formes?

If they DO go UU I think that Umbreon wot change the game much as it's been in UU many times before and hasn't really had a huge impact, Umbreon is like West Brom in the Premier League, constantly getting changed from UU to OU, as West Brom do from the Championship, into the Prem

Smeargle may have an impact onto the UU game, but i'm not really sure about that one, dut it would give Omastar, Qwilfish and Cloyster more competition for lead spikers, plus he has access to Spore, but other than that and perhaps a Trick Scarf set here and there, I don't believe it will have much of an impact on UU

Now Heracross on the other hand would have a MASSIVE impact onto UU, tearing apart teams with Banded, Choice Banded, Flame Orb, Rest Talk Bulk up and Swords Dance sets, and like the phoenix does, Moltres will rise from the ashes to become a top Heracross counter and on nearly every team, weezing would alos make a jump, beeing able to wall most Heracross sets, however it'll do crappy damage to Heracross, even with Flamethrower.

OK, so that's my UU rave over, (and as you can see from my CREs, below in my sig, I don't do OU) it's time for ubers. and my main talking point is Salamence.

Salamence is now a dead Pokemon, it used to be on nearly all our teams, tearing apart the opposition with ease, but now it's @ #31 in Ubers, it has even less usage than the Iron Bell Bronzong, and is the second used least Uber, (not counting Wynaut) only to Deoxys-D

| 24 | Heatran | 2166 | 5.48 |
| 25 | Tyranitar | 2105 | 5.33 |
| 26 | Giratina | 2070 | 5.24 |
| 27 | Metagross | 2000 | 5.06 |
| 28 | Manaphy | 1972 | 4.99 |
| 29 | Lucario | 1627 | 4.12 |
| 30 | Bronzong | 1580 | 4.00 |
| 31 | Salamence | 1326 | 3.36 |
| 32 | Kabutops | 1233 | 3.12 |
| 33 | Ludicolo | 1228 | 3.11 |
| 34 | Skarmory | 1216 | 3.08 |
| 35 | Ninjask | 1204 | 3.05 |
| 36 | Shedinja | 936 | 2.37 |
| 37 | Deoxys-l | 844 | 2.14 |
So yeah, Mence is dead, and i'm looking forward to seeing Hera in UU, not much else to say really....

^Salamence has a very specific niche in Ubers, and that being used alongside MixQuaza for the double dragon strategy, which it does decently by speed-tying scarfPalkia.

Unfortunately, it can't do much else. Dialga is a bulkier dragon, Palkia has better coverage, Rayquaza is blatantly more powerful, and Garchomp has a better typing. Thus the usage.

Well if that's true then Umbreon, Smeargle and Heracross will all go UU, but what about Rotom-C, that's under 4%, what's the deal with the Rotom Formes?
The only difference between them is one move, so their tiering is decided by their cumulative usage as Rotom-A, which is quite safely OU, so none of them will be going anywhere.

people sure are quick to abandon swampert even though it's still a great counter to heatran/ttar/nite/metagross which are all in the top 10.

I'd like to remind people that 3.4% is the cutoff for UU, not 4%. Smeargle has been above that line for the past 3 months, so he's not going to rejoin UU.

That said...Heracross has not scraped up the necessary usage like he has in the past. The unthinkable (to a player from the ADV era) has finally happened. Heracross is no longer OU.

It's like the UU cutoff line is a monster and Heracross has to run away from it. It only does so because of its Choice Scarf.

25 | Suicune | 82772 | 8.61
42 | Shaymin | 41320 | 4.30
I guess my apperception is fooling me, but there is no way Suicune and Shaymin are that low. I see them on like every second team along with Heatran.

47 | Primeape | 5756 | 4.29
48 | Kangaskhan | 5503 | 4.10
49 | Exeggutor | 5286 | 3.94
51 | Ursaring | 4793 | 3.57
NU might lose quite important Pokémon. Especially ScarfApe and Eggz (mence syndrom) are fantastic Pokémon in NU.

Let's see and UU trades them against
54 | Poliwrath | 4425 | 3.30
56 | Slowking | 4071 | 3.04
63 | Regirock | 3752 | 2.80
NU will gain a good way to deal with those broken fire types. Slowking is a good water type that isn't 4x weak to grass, is really bulky and it has Slack Off. Regirock will be untouchable, especially in sand. I wonder what Pokémon can actually beat a Slowking/Regirock core. Exeggutor is probably leaving NU (I hope for ever) - might be difficult.

Dragonite finally cracked the topped 10, a feat that he probably has never accomplish. I'm proud of that fool.

Looks like "Beetles on Steroids" are gonna trash UU for a while.

Swampert is down four slots, surpassed by the likes of Flygon, Machamp, and Lucario. Maybe it has something to do with the lessened need for a strong Earthquake to deal with Steels, but it still makes a great switch in to several of the top threats, including Flygon, Heatran, Metagross, etc. Interesting.

Scizor's fall from grace seems to have really helped Gengar, as it now holds the number 3 spot. Subsplit can be effective, I agree, but I prefer just using 3 attacks as it can be played around somewhat.

I'd like to remind people that 3.4% is the cutoff for UU, not 4%. Smeargle has been above that line for the past 3 months, so he's not going to rejoin UU.

That said...Heracross has not scraped up the necessary usage like he has in the past. The unthinkable (to a player from the ADV era) has finally happened. Heracross is no longer OU.

Since the cutoff for UU is 3.4, and Heracross's usage is 3.37.....Hera is UU? Holy shit.

The Subsplit Gengar is probably the best set in the current game (except Breloom). It absolutely wrecks teams - behind a sub Gengar fears very little, especially with perfect neutral coverage with Focus Blast and Shadow Ball.

The only problem with the set is FB's accuracy.

People are starting to really see how devastating this Gengar is. I see it all the time (naturally).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)