Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - August 2010

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by DougJustDoug, Sep 6, 2010.

1. manav95

manav95

Its BL now.
  2. GtM

GtM

What the frick. I'mma put this in my sig sometime, if you don't mind. :p
  3. lordkira

lordkira

wow giratina-o is rising steadily little by little
    the thing is just too good
    not to mention how sexy it looks :D
    though i freaking hate bug-like features, it's whatever in this case lol
  4. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

If heracross falls out of OU, it will go straight to UU unless Jabba and reachzero decide differently.

And also I should have the tier lists done within 24 hours.
  5. manav95

manav95

There's a good chance it may become too cheap for UU like Yanmega was. Jabba and reachzero should consider this. Also how do you change the tiers of those pokemon when it lists those in the Strategy Pokedex?
  6. yiran

yiran

Yay!!! Thanks Doug.
  7. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

Anyone else find it interesting that Uxie is now above Cresselia's usage mark?
  8. Super Mario Bro

Super Mario Bro All we ever look for

Heracross is becoming UU? I was tearing up shit with the CB set the other day in OU. People just don't know how to use him.
  9. Spenstar

Spenstar

Wow... Heracross is actually UU. This is the best thing that ever happened to him, now he'll see some usage and actually become respected. Though if he ends up BL... -_-

I see a lot of Electivire nowadays, of course I'm probably lower-level where they use more of this guy, but it still kinda bugs me.
  10. shrang

shrang OM OM OM
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Thanks for the stats, Doug.

Yanmega still got a whole testing period, though, so it'll be likely that Heracross would just get voted BL by the UU players, if it does fall.

Anyway:

Hehehe, looks like it worked o_0, or were all those battles mine (I doubt it)??

I love this thing. Finally seeing it back on the usage lists is awesome.
  11. Thund91

Thund91

Although the chances may be low, I'll get a nice laugh out of it if Heracross isn't deemed broken.

This brings back nostalgia from the Rhyperior days.
  12. WECAMEASROMANS

WECAMEASROMANS

Oh shit look at lead Starmie rising in popularity....

And Dnite usage increasing, hell yes :)
  13. petrie911

petrie911

Unless I'm mistaken, it took two testing periods for Yanmega to get banned. I seem to remember him being present during the Crobat/Shaymin era.
  14. sharkz

sharkz

Welcome to OU Shaymin.

Big drop for Hitmonlee usage, Milotic maintains #1, Moltres stops dropping finally, omg at all this.

BIG BAD HERACROSS sticks around the same spot, UU?
    Probably would be banned quick.

Thanks Doug!
  15. Spenstar

Spenstar

so now that Shaymin's in OU, Shaymin-S doesn't have a splash of a chance, does it? ._.
  16. Lil Niglet

Lil Niglet

I'm happy Heracross and a few others will be realeased into UU. Finally some action.
  17. uraga

uraga Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
    is a Contributor Alumnus

18. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Official Tier List updates will be posted in about 15ish hours by yours truly (unless X-Act beats me to it.)
  19. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

Does this mean Heracross will be UU for ST10 next week? If so that seems kind of "unfair" seeing as how people are supposed to be practicing for this type of tournament, only for the metagame to take a huge turn.
  20. WarriorPrince

WarriorPrince

lol. Thunderwave and SD Heracross are gonna rape so many teams.
  21. RaikouLover

RaikouLover

Heracross in UU but Electivire still in OU? How can anyone take the ladder seriously anymore. What a joke.
  22. Raseri

Raseri wut
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

I sure hope not, thats not nearly long enough to adapt to the metagame.
  23. Veedrock

Veedrock

Electivire is faster and stronger than Lucario. Heracross can't boast that \o/

And seriously does it need said in every damn statistics thread that there is not a definitive cutoff point between UU and OU? On top of that, it averages in the past few months, it is not dependant on this month alone. Heracross has been low in usage for a long time, it would be no surprise if he managed to avoid it this cycle.
  24. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

the smogon tour banlist is determined by the smogon university ladder's banlist. in the past it has usually taken doug a few days to update the ladder, so it might not be changed in time for the weekend. in any case there has been some precedent for making changes to the tour to account for uu tiering, since last year the order was flipped from ou -> uu -> uber to ou -> uber -> uu because a uu vote happened the week before the first scheduled uu tour. maybe that's what will happen this time.
  25. Empress Mobile

Empress Mobile

Dnite moving up is great. I have started using him on nearly all of my teams because of his versatility.

As far as Hera being UU, I find that funny. There needs to be some sort of new rule in place that keeps OUs from dropping straight into UU. UU doesn't need more Pokemon that should be BL.

Also lol @ Milotic being #1 on UU. I demand that everyone starts using it in OU so that it's banned from UU. Lalalala.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)