Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - August 2010

Yeah, Heracross moving down to UU will certainly shake it up a bit, but I can't imagine it being as chaotic as when Cresselia and Porygon-Z moved down.

The UU players will probably be happy though. Pokemon leaving and joining the tier every few months is just part of the natural process of things if you play that tier.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Umbreon is still OU wtf.
It depends on his performance in UU, not OU. In OU, it may not be as stellar as the other tanks, but it has the ability to cushion certain threats such as Starmie and such. not that it saves it from being....um...."not bad" in OU.

If he sucks in OU, back to UU he goes. But if he's too powerful or too hard to break in UU, OU-BL he goes.

And....Oh Shaymin. You'll always be my first love for a Grass-type Pokemon. Handling Starmie's Ice Beam and slaughtering Swampert and Breloom and having Natural Cure...

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
It depends on his performance in UU, not OU. In OU, it may not be as stellar as the other tanks, but it has the ability to cushion certain threats such as Starmie and such. not that it saves it from being....um...."not bad" in OU.

If he sucks in OU, back to UU he goes. But if he's too powerful or too hard to break in UU, OU-BL he goes.
This is completely wrong. It's OU because it's literally what it says on the tin: overused. If Magikarp were used enough times then it would be OU (it's not, don't worry). Umbreon sucks in OU because there are way too many Machamps, Scizors, Infernapes, and other Pokemon running around that can easily beat it. He does suck in OU but it's still being used because random noobs like to use the Mean Look-Baton Pass tactic (which no good player will fall for).

And it was not too hard to break in UU, it was a good fit.

Really UU Cross ? Wow...

I used Heracross on suspect a month back and really nothing could stop SD Cross + Dual Screens period, even Gliscor loses to this shit lol.

Also stop using fucking Umbreon and Tenta already so then can drop too. :/ lol
James you know Umbreon is a sexy trap passer.

IDK Tenta doesnt even seem OU to me. Drop please.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Looking back at the Umbreon Update thread in C&C...lawd.

Well, it's bound to step down from its throne sometime. All it can do is take a Fighting type attack with Chople, pass a Mean Look, and....Yeah. That's basically it.

According to UU players last month, Clefable + Umbreon + set-up Pokemon topped the cake. Essentially, the performance helps a little, as like Salamence, but nobody would fall for it in OU.

Thanks for the stats Doug!

Heatran is rising and Scizor should be getting passed up by other pokes over the next few months. I am glad Kingdra is rising, Specs version isn't getting the attention it deserves though. Other news..Heracross to UU, I'm not really sure what happened to it, but after the testing period is over, it should go up to BL.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
spiritomb jumps ahead of mismagius in a metagame that's dominated by offense (which is reflected by qwilfish's jump to 4th lead). perhaps thund's nomination for alakazam sparked interest ... ;)

also i really do want tenta in uu, it probably wouldn't even be top tier there with no recovery, toxic spikes sucking, and it being the spinner that's least likely to break through ghosts (rotom's thunderbolt, mismagius sets up on it), weak 70 base attack and on the special side it's walled by chansey.. yeah there's a lot of faults.

however I could see it being fun to use, particularly sd. 100 base speed is fucking massive and, although you are walled by lots of things like toxicroak (return?) i can tell a lot of teams would be underprepared for it ... speaking of which, life orb tentacruel spamming hydro pump, anyone? although yeah the chansey thing is meh.

tl;dr tentacruel plawx

heracross in uu is anything but surprising since it has been hoovering there forever and has to compete with a large number of amazing fighting types in ou.

Haha I swear I've seen more Flygons than Dragonites this month o-o

I'm actually curious why Scizor still sees so much use. I don't think it has as much utility in this metagame, especially since it can't break F/W/G cores (Heatran > Scizor, Gyarados/Suicune can set-up, Celebi and Shaymin like to carry HP Fire nowadays).

Haha I swear I've seen more Flygons than Dragonites this month o-o

I'm actually curious why Scizor still sees so much use. I don't think it has as much utility in this metagame, especially since it can't break F/W/G cores (Heatran > Scizor, Gyarados/Suicune can set-up, Celebi and Shaymin like to carry HP Fire nowadays).
scizor revenge kills gengar whos use has skyrocketed, and scouting is always great to have

This is completely wrong. It's OU because it's literally what it says on the tin: overused. If Magikarp were used enough times then it would be OU (it's not, don't worry). Umbreon sucks in OU because there are way too many Machamps, Scizors, Infernapes, and other Pokemon running around that can easily beat it. He does suck in OU but it's still being used because random noobs like to use the Mean Look-Baton Pass tactic (which no good player will fall for).

And it was not too hard to break in UU, it was a good fit.
The mean look BP thing should get scraped. What happened to the curse set or the wish support set or synchronize + heal bell combo?

Even today, Scizor doesn't always revenge kill. It's just a matter of prediction.

If you Bullet Punch and it stays in, you've killed it (assuming no sub). If you pursuit and it stays in, it'll probably do a lot of damage (even kill if it has HP Fire) before going down.

If you BP and it switches out, Gengar lives to fight another day. If you pursuit and it switches, obviously its dead.

So basically, there's a 50/50 chance of certainly killing Gengar, depending on how weak the Scizor is and if Gengar has HP fire.

Scizor does have some great use though, the swords dance set is my favourite right now. Since not a lot at all wants to take a +2 or +4 BP.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Mission for this month: Get OU to see what a beast LO Staraptor is. Seriously, why is his usage lower than Umbreon? He bird shits on a lot of top threats.

Even today, Scizor doesn't always revenge kill. It's just a matter of prediction.

If you Bullet Punch and it stays in, you've killed it (assuming no sub). If you pursuit and it stays in, it'll probably do a lot of damage (even kill if it has HP Fire) before going down.

If you BP and it switches out, Gengar lives to fight another day. If you pursuit and it switches, obviously its dead.

So basically, there's a 50/50 chance of certainly killing Gengar, depending on how weak the Scizor is and if Gengar has HP fire.

Scizor does have some great use though, the swords dance set is my favourite right now. Since not a lot at all wants to take a +2 or +4 BP.
All revenge kills boil down to this with a few exceptions (being locked in with Outrage, being Arena Trap/Shadow Tag'ed, being killed by a faster Pursuit either way). So, what's your point? In theory, Scizor can't be countered, because it can just switch out of any given move.

Countering=/=killing. A counter is a Pokémon that can switch into another and either kill it or force it out (and if Scizor switches, it has probably been forced out).
Well, Scizor typically spams U-turn, so it really doesn't have a counter as it is switching out by its own will and forcing you into an unfavorable matchup.

| Lucario | Item | Life Orb | 72.7 |
| Lucario | Item | Focus Sash | 8.1 |
| Lucario | Item | Other (7) | < 5.7 |
| Lucario | Nature | Adamant | 59.3 |
| Lucario | Nature | Jolly | 23.1 |
| Lucario | Nature | Other (4) | < 7.8 |
| Lucario | SpAttack EV | None | 84.7 || Lucario | SpAttack EV | Max | 14.1 |
| Lucario | Move | Close Combat | 84.2 |
| Lucario | Move | Extremespeed | 73.2 |
| Lucario | Move | Swords Dance | 63.1 |
| Lucario | Move | Crunch | 57.4 |
| Lucario | Move | Ice Punch | 19.9 || Lucario | Move | Aura Sphere | 14.5 |
| Lucario | Move | Bullet Punch | 13.2 |
| Lucario | Move | Vacuum Wave | 9.6 |
| Lucario | Move | Shadow Ball | 8.6 |
| Lucario | Move | Stone Edge | 7.2 |
| Lucario | Move | Agility | 6.9 |
| Lucario | Move | Dragon Pulse | 5.8 |
Why does everyone always ignore poor SpecsLuke? It's one of the few Pokemon who can boast to 2HKO Blissey after SR with a special move. It fucks over many of Luke's usual switch-ins, has perfect neutral coverage, and revenges a bunch of shit with STAB Vacuum Wave. HP Rock > Dragon Pulse to fuck over stuff like Zapdos

Why does everyone always ignore poor SpecsLuke? It's one of the few Pokemon who can boast to 2HKO Blissey after SR with a special move. It fucks over many of Luke's usual switch-ins, has perfect neutral coverage, and revenges a bunch of shit with STAB Vacuum Wave. HP Rock > Dragon Pulse to fuck over stuff like Zapdos
it's because of SD Lucario :(
SD Lucario is just too good.
Though the two are very different sets, SDLuke overshadows all other Lucario sets for those that are thinking about lucario :(
I did use SpecsLuke in the beginning of DP era though if that matters lol

Well, the CB set can do the same thing... except it's not walled by Blissey (Calm Blissey avoids 2HKO from Aura Sphere). Stone Edge > HP Rock, Crunch > Dark Pulse, Close Combat > Aura Sphere, Extremespeed > Vacuum Wave. Besides that, the SD set is a much better wall breaker.

Mission for this month: Get OU to see what a beast LO Staraptor is. Seriously, why is his usage lower than Umbreon? He bird shits on a lot of top threats.
Couldn't agree more. Brave Bird hits harder than fuck and Roost for a round 2 is invaluable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)