The Little Burrow - sandshrewz's art thread

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Smeargle's Studio! C&C is invading! After some persuasion from C&C friends, I guess it's time to make an art thread :)

I've been drawing since I was young, mostly because it interest me. blah blah blah... Then thanks to exams and C&C work, I didn't manage to dig up some time to draw... Well I'm back! :) So now I'm drawing on MS PowerPoint, thanks to KG's guide. Doing it there gives really nice and clean lines. But it takes HOURS to get something done; so I can't draw anything complicated T.T Anyway, I draw according to my mood. So if something crappy comes out, I'm probably in a bad mood :x

So here are all that I have right now. Newest at the top :)

Not really impressed with this D: I admit I C/Ped some parts because they're essentially the same :x Don't really like the screws because they're really screwed :(

I tried to remove the 'Intimidate' factor that is seen on all Salamence... So it's kind of a different approach :P Also...

Leaf Storm Salamence LOL! from the convo between LS and Jellicent

My first piece :D So some parts are kind of out of shape >.>

Smog Art

Monthly Art Contest

That's all I have for now! :)

I don't take requests atm because I can't be sure when I can do them :x I'll do them when I can :x

gosh I just realised my images are so big ._.

Shiny Makuhita for shnen
Purugly for RitterCat
Flareon for sirndpt
Eevee for NatGeo and Windsong
Lati twins for Omicron
Shiny Growlithe for Steamroll
Victini
Jellicent
Kanto birds for Komodo
Charmander and Pokabu for Badal
Rampardos for Endorphins
Victreebel for MikaDo
Suicune for spuds4ever
Chuchu for Yellow Amarillo
Lucario for Poppy
Raikou for Raikou00
Cute Dialga for barry4ever
Classy Wobbuffett for MikeDecIsHere
Phanpy and Jirachi for Ray Jay and Chenkovsky
Perry the Platypus & Charmander back to back for Charmander

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magneton and quaggy are awesome! Me likey
i know you arent doing requests but please get me an awesome shiny makuhita at some point?

shrewz I'm just saying but I really like your art so if you have the time could you draw me a cute Purugly? :)

Only qualms I have are that the way quaggy's tongue overlaps the mouth outline looks odd, and something seems a bit off about mence's pose. Great stuff though!
And where is the >( ^ )( ^ )( ^ )< magneton :( (jk the magneton looks great!)

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Though I'm no expert, the art style is very catchy--simple, clean, and as cute as can be. Best of luck!
Thanks Terr! :) Can't say about the clean part :x Well, it's the (dis)advantage of using MS Powerpoint! :P

Magneton and quaggy are awesome! Me likey
i know you arent doing requests but please get me an awesome shiny makuhita at some point?
Thanks shnen! :) woah, I thought Magneton was bad because I c/p'ed some parts :x Sure! Will do that when I can :) Makuhita doesn't seem too complicated!

shrewz I'm just saying but I really like your art so if you have the time could you draw me a cute Purugly? :)

Only qualms I have are that the way quaggy's tongue overlaps the mouth outline looks odd, and something seems a bit off about mence's pose. Great stuff though!
And where is the >( ^ )( ^ )( ^ )< magneton :( (jk the magneton looks great!)
Blame MS Powerpoint :( Sometimes it doesn't allow me to get the position / shape I want... I have 400% zoom (the maximum) when drawing D: Different approach to Mence so idk what to do about its pose :/ Stop looking at its tail! haha :P Omg Mag with ^ eyes would freak me out >.> May I simplify Purugly somewhat? It'll take idk how many layers to do it >.>

I love your art shrewz :D

Also I'm Ye first one to luvdisc this >:]
THANKS OMICRON! :DDDD You're one oh those who kept getting me to put this up >.> haha credits to you lol!

Nice stuff Sand! I like Magneton the most!
Thanks! :) Magneton trapped your Scizor! :O

I love your Quagsire :D **Luvdisc**
Thanks! :D *Quagsire hugs NMx13* *Shame That hugs Quagsire*

good stuff, salamence <3
Thanks! Glad you liked Salamence :)

Thanks for all the comments and feedbacks guys! xD really appreciate it! :3

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
does anyone else see how this art looks just like fatecrashers' ?_? which is a compliment of course, this is awesome stuff! keep it up dude, i can see you getting tons of luvdiscs in the future if you keep churning out great art like what you already have here ;)

'd

YESSSS SAAANDZ

can i pretty please put in a special application for a request :DDDD

a cute fire-type, say vulpix or cyndaquil or flareon, something along those lines? definitely no rush or anything, just if you happen to feel like it and have time, yeah :)

Volmise

.:The Firefly Light:.
is an Artist Alumnus
I actually rather enjoy the Magneton. It's simple, but stands out. The colors pop out well too because of your colored lineart and smooth shading.

lati@s for omicron!

These are actually realy good sandz, you should've talked about this before when I went on an art ramble on IRC.

PS: Can I get a Shiny Growlithe or a Krabby?

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Weeeh! Thank-you for de quags :D

I will give this a big fat luvsisc and tell you that this is great stuff. keep it up!

sandshrewz

POTATO
magneton is my personal fave, your style on ms powerpoint reminds me of flash games. :)
I made it for a friend of mine :)

does anyone else see how this art looks just like fatecrashers' ?_? which is a compliment of course, this is awesome stuff! keep it up dude, i can see you getting tons of luvdiscs in the future if you keep churning out great art like what you already have here ;)

'd
Woah! I'm nowhere near Fate's standard! :x Well probably due to the same lineart style? ?_? Thanks Snorlaxe! Will try to churn out more stuff once in a while if school doesn't make me super busy

YESSSS SAAANDZ

can i pretty please put in a special application for a request :DDDD

a cute fire-type, say vulpix or cyndaquil or flareon, something along those lines? definitely no rush or anything, just if you happen to feel like it and have time, yeah :)
You sure like Fire-types! :P Flareon it is! And will be tying it up with CNY :)

:o

can I have an eevee :D it would be cute :D
If I have the time, will do :)

I actually rather enjoy the Magneton. It's simple, but stands out. The colors pop out well too because of your colored lineart and smooth shading.
Thanks Volmise! I like your lineart too! I can't say anything about smooth though >.> I guess metal balls are smooth?? ?_?

Ignore everyone and draw a cute Latios / Latias for me :D

<3
>:O Make sure you earn that back by the time I'm done >:)

lati@s for omicron!

These are actually realy good sandz, you should've talked about this before when I went on an art ramble on IRC.

PS: Can I get a Shiny Growlithe or a Krabby?
Gosh requests are piling up >.> Thanks Steamroll! Hopefully I can do it :)

Sandzzzzzz!!!!!!! But where is sandshrew????????????
V0x!!!!!! Er... In my avy? :o

Weeeh! Thank-you for de quags :D

I will give this a big fat luvsisc and tell you that this is great stuff. keep it up!
No Prob! And thanks! :DDDD

So... My bro hand down his old netbook to me and I went ahead to draw with it. Gosh the screen is small and I'm not really impressed with this one :x I can't get to 100% zoom without taking up the whole screen >.> I miss the big screen D: oh well here it is!

Gosh I hope you like it! :xxx If there's some weird lines or something, do tell me. Apparently things seem different at different zoom level :d booo anyway, hope you like it shnen! :)

OMG I loved Salamence!

Nice work and keep it up. Maybe next piece you can do a Victini or something? (Just an idea not a request)

sandshrewz

POTATO
So THIS is where all of those cute avatars are coming from! Awesome stuff, sands!
Haha. Thanks NoBlue :) Does your avy need changing? :)

OMG I loved Salamence!

Nice work and keep it up. Maybe next piece you can do a Victini or something? (Just an idea not a request)
Thanks! :D If I have the time to do that one, I'll give it a try :)

Hi Sandshrewz

I luvdisc because this is a brilliant thread
Haha, thanks! :) Now where are all those GP checks?? O:<

Anyway, an update~

I tried putting them in the Day Care center and nothing happens :/

X_X I've never drawn Latios before :x So it probably looks somewhat weird @.@ also, I notice all my images are severely oversized T.T

Omi do you need me to add a background or anything??? Hope you like it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)