1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit! You can also check out the Art Room on Pokemon Showdown!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!
  5. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

The Little Burrow - sandshrewz's art thread

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by sandshrewz, Dec 30, 2011.

1. NMx13

NMx13

Lati@s<3

Does Latios have bit small wings? :o
    Im going to do my magic in Photoshop =)

BTW put your newer pics to main post plz...
  2. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

OMG

SO AMAZING

<333

now someone help me resize it rofl
  3. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks! xD

annnnd update! Seeing that Chinese New Year is around the corner, I did sirndpt's request! :)

CNY Flareon (open)
    [​IMG]

First time drawing something furry. It was fun! Happy early Chinese New Year! Hope you like it sirn :)

Also, the resized Lati twins~

[​IMG][​IMG]
  4. sirndpt

sirndpt
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

:DDDDDDDD

also sandz, the size limit for avvies is 100x100, or 150x150 for badgeholders - pretty sure the latis are still too big!
  5. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

weeeeeeee.... for fun of it, I made a MAC entry xD

[​IMG]
  6. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

omicron, just save image as and it will auto resize when you browse for it
  7. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I never realized how much the Substitute doll looks like a Sandshrew until now.
  8. sirndpt

sirndpt
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

lol NWO, that was my exact reaction when sandz showed me that on irc! Sandz, you should also post your enlarged avvie :D I love your bright poppy colors so muchhhhh.
  9. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO

Lol I noticed how it looked like it too! :x ps, did anyone get the ditto joke? :O annnd, decided to digitalize my avy if you hadn't noticed xD

For the Super Contributor, Komodo! (Part 1 of 3) Also, not as if Articuno64 will pop by xD

[​IMG]

annnnnd yes, the trio are going to be done cute style xD Hope you like it Komodo! :)

edit: oh and this the most complicated thing I've ever drawn >.>
  10. Komodo

Komodo I have a custom title?
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

nawhh cute Articuno <3 love it!
  11. PoJ

PoJ

That Articuno is so adorable! Great job :)
  12. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I have a request! Can you make me: A charmander singing and a Pokabu playing the guitar? In the same picture? Thank you! Great artwork, I love your style
  13. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO

yayay!! xD reached 20 Luvdisc! Thanks guys!! :D Okie update!!

Presenting Komodo's Stone Badge represent!

[​IMG]

Angry Birds!! xD Got the 'angry' idea from SuperJOCKE :3 No more puppy eyes for Zappy! xD Fat little Zappy looks like a chick that just hatched and is grumpy for food! haha!

Hope you like this too! :)
  14. PoJ

PoJ

I love your drawing style, it's amazing! That Zapdos is great :] It kind of looks like a Pokedoll! It's so cute!
  15. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO

Thanks!! Poke Doll!!! xD

Ok, time for the red color badge that I have no idea what it's called >.>

[​IMG]

D: I suck at drawing fire >.> :( Anyway, update this post later with the whole image~~

[​IMG]

>.> Hope you like it! I have no idea what to do with the background. Tell me if you need something changed :x

eta: Articuno looks the cutest and Moltres looks the not cutest :x
  16. Lanturn314

Lanturn314

Hey! I LOVE your stuff! Soo cute~

Especially Articuno, my second favorite mon! However, I do have one criticism: in almost all of your pictures, the eyes seem like they're either angled improperly or placed a bit too low on the head. This is especially apparent in Articuno and Flareon. They're still cute and have an incredible amount of charm, but yeah. I love your work overall, so keep it up! :toast:
  17. PoJ

PoJ

I kind of agree, but I don't think it's apparent in all of his/her art. I only see it in Articuno and Flareon. I don't think it's the eye placement, but more of the eye shape in the two. But they're still beautiful <3
  18. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO

Thanks!! :D Articuno is my favorite piece as of now :P annnnnd, yea I do think the eyes are weird sometimes :X some limitation of MS word/powerpoint is that I can't draw really small things in the shape I want or put them at the exact place :/ I have no idea how to bypass that though D: kind of sad when the eyes are the most important albeit smallest part >.> anyway, I'll try my best to improve on that area!! :) Thanks for that! :D will keep the good things coming~~

I'm a he :P Thanks!! :D /me slaps MS powerpoint~ lol glad you still like them xD

annnnnnd... Chinchou posting after Lanturn~ That's nice!! haha xD
  19. PoJ

PoJ

Oh, I didn't know you used MS powerpoint. That must be tough, but I couldn't tell you used MS before you told me. I think that's a good thing :)
  20. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO

woots necro-update! Been quite busy recently! Decided to do something quick on MS Paint before going to sleep. Drew a mouse with a mouse! :D lol

[​IMG]

sorry for not doing the requests now! >.> I will still use powerpoint though! haha
  21. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

You've got talent bro! good work!
  22. Endorfins

Endorfins Your Worst Nightmare
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Rittercat directed me to your artwork which I think is awesome! That ditto is my favourite :)

Could I request a Rampardos please?
    Love your stuff! Keep it up!
  23. MikaDo

MikaDo

May I request a Victreebel doing a clear smog?
  24. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO

Thanks Ray Jay! You flatter me too much >.>

Haha thanks!! And wonder why Ritter would redirect you here >.> thanks Ritter too! I bet he's trying to hint me to do his request >.> Glad someone liked Ditto!

Yea sure. I guess since you and Ritter are such good friends then it should be a piece with Purugly... hopefully will get it done before June or smth...

:) yea but I'm slow so I hope you don't mind the looooooooooong wait. And I mean really long >.>

Haha what's with the necrobumps >.> not like there's a diff because I'm updating sooner or later~

Here's an Eevee for NatGeo and Windsong! time to earn that bold Luvdisc (hopefully)...

[​IMG]

ps this thing is going to take a while before photobucket resizes it ;_;

@Furai: I officially suck at drawing furry stuff ;_; It didn't turn out as good as I'd like it to be :< but I drew this over a long period of time because Pre-U life sucks. :<
  25. spuds4ever

spuds4ever

Simple, pleasing to look at, and cute >.< Luvdisc given :) could I request a suicune?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)