The 3-Mon Tournament - Sign-Ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Earthworm

The 3-Mon Tournament II - Signups!

Awesome Artwork by Bummer from the Artwork for Tournaments Thread!

Introduction
What if, in the world of Pokémon, belts were less strong and could only hold 3 Pokéballs? Things would change, that's for sure. In this tournament, the participants will try to build a solid team with just 3 Pokémon! Will stall still be able to handle every threat while just using 3 Pokémon? Will a fully offensive team of just three Pokémon be able to power through the opponent's team? We'll see...

Tournament Rules:
-BW2 OU
-3v3 Singles
-Best of Three
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Clauses:
-Wifi Battle
-Species Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Timer Clause
-Evasion Clause
-OHKO Clause

This is a BW2 Tournament. Battles are to be played by default on Showdown, but can be played on PO if both contestants agree.

Sign-Ups are 62.5% first come first serve and 37.5% randomized. Sign-Ups will last for a few days and the amount of interest will determine how large the tournament will be.

It is advised that you start building your teams during sign-ups to make the tournament run smoother

If there are still any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask them in the thread.

Signups:

1. Vinc2612
  2. Raseri
  3. Husky
  4. WhiteQueen
  5. the nub
  6. extremebeta
  7. .Robert
  8. Twannes
  9. Django
  10. Double01
  11. Kojes
  12. shartruce2
  13. HoiPolloi
  14. Dr Ciel
  15. Iconic
  16. Living Things
  17. undisputed
  18. Improbable
  19. Lavos Spawn
  20. Princess Bri
  21. Brap
  22. H-C
  23. Xx Coren37
  24. T-Dogg
  25. DarkLoïc
  26. Metroid78
  27. MOET
  28. breh
  29. braveswin11
  30. Dude24
  31. DestinyUnknown
  32. Sayonara
  33. BKC
  34. Jayde
  35. Joel
  36. papai noel
  37. Pedrock
  38. Pkrs
  39. ~GreenCore
  40. Eranu
  41. Sujero Kifuja
  42. Harsha
  43. relaunched
  44. CrashinBoomBang
  45. The PillsburyDoughBoy
  46. Friar
  47. toshimelonhead
  48. King
  49. FLCL
  50. locopoke
  51. Myzozoa
  52. MikeDecIsHere
  53. DTC
  54. Demist
  55. Metal Sonic
  56. Kennen
  57. Level 51
  58. Lapras6666
  59. Asek
  60. The unlucky one
  61. A l e x a n d e r
  62. pokebasket
  63. Afonso97
  64. SoulWind
  65. Weegee the haxer
  66. MAlkaviano
  67. McMeghan
  68. Turnip123
  69. g00dg0d
  70. Nglittleguy
  71. Vrille
  72. Mewmewzapdos
  73. Poliwrath
  74. MadCrazo
  75. Ciele
  76. mostwanted
  77. Corkscrew
  78. lijero13ss
  79. zzazzdsa
  80. Rydro
  81. Leftiez
  82. davidness
  83. Milos
  84. Roie
  85. FelixMinamimoto
  86. dragonuser
  87. Skillie23
  88. BIG Loven
  89. Jin Kazama
  90. Awgmnoob
  91. NightFox
  92. Orichalcos Owl
  93. Brotom
  94. SethZiBritannia
  95. IceCarAdler
  96. Rodan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)