BW2 CAP4 - Playtest Tournament [Round 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

BW2 CAP4 - Playtest Tournament
Hosted by Birkal - Art by Mos-Quitoxe - Huge thanks to the TDs for approving this

[Sign-ups] [Round 1] [Round 2]

Introduction:

The CAP 4 Playtest has officially begun! You can find some more information on it here if you're curious about the CAP4 Playtest ladder. To kick it off, we're going to be hosting a playtest tournament over the next few weeks. This is BW2 OU + CAP4, so it's a pretty similar metagame to what you're used to, just with one extra addition: Aurumoth. It's a Bug / Psychic Pokemon with a concept that is focused on how risk works in competitive Pokemon. It's got some nifty tricks and tools, like Illusion and Quiver Dance, that allow it to make a statement in the tumultuous metagame that is BW2 OU.

Tournament Rules:

Specific Rules:
  • Since CAP4 started in early September, BW2 was a much different metagame. We create our Pokemon a snapshot at the metagame at that time. As a result, Garchomp and Kyurem-B are banned, while Genesect is unbanned for the duration of the tournament.
  • Aurumoth is available for this tournament in addition to typical Pokemon allowed within BW2 OU. It is not necessary to put on your team; you could win this tournament without ever putting CAP4 on your team.
  • All other CAPs are banned for this tournament. This isn't the CAP metagame, it is simply the current CAP + current OU.

General Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Wifi Battle Clause. Team preview must be enabled.
  • All matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, since Aurumoth is not implemented anywhere else.
  • It is advised that you start building your teams during sign-ups to make the tournament run smoother.
  • Let me know if you have any questions!

Pairings:

dragonuser vs. ala
Ordile vs. Cicada
ganj4lF vs. Demist
ThePillsburyDoughBoy vs. CloudBreaker
ballabrown24 vs. MCBarrett
SoulWind vs. Rupe
Lavos Spawn vs. Skwayz
Solstice vs. Dragonforce

Deadline: Let's get these matches done in one week's time. December 18th at 10pm (GMT -5) is your goal. Please get it done as soon as possible, preferably before that time. If you need an extension, let me know and we'll work something out.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Lost against Demist, hax was on his/her side and I couldn't do anything to fight back. GG anyway.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Mothiel and I played 2 days ago, and I won, idk if it's too late or something to post that, i got no answer from my pm so..

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I got no answer back from Mothiel when you PM'd me. I wanted him to confirm that he played the battle, but he gave me no response. Regardless, I'll sub you in. Ordile, your opponent is Cicada now.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone. Birkal is going to be away for a bit, so he asked me to run this next round of the tournament.

Activity Wins:

Ordile vs. Cicada
ThePillsburyDoughBoy vs. CloudBreaker

Next round will be up in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)