2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Suarez bite gets funnier everytime I see it, what on earth lol!

Btw Sturridge looked amazing on the highlights reel, I've always been a fan since Bolton and Chelsea and I really think he could be a top striker. He's amazingly fast, strong, and a great improviser - which means he's a great finisher. He had to adapt his body, twisting his foot and even landing on it sideways in order to direct the ball into the net. Most other players who have overran the ball probably would've blazed it over the top or smashed it wide with their shin or something (and the commentator would be saying how did he miss, when it was a really difficult shot) but he adjusted his foot really fast to get a controlled connection on it.

Bale's pass for the first Spurs goal was also pure class. He plays it mid stride, on the outside of his foot, and this catches all the defenders off guard cos they're expecting him to complete his step and cross with his right foot - the natural and expected thing to do. So he basically passes the ball half a second before everyone was expecting him to and the cross didn't even have to be fast or powerful in the end to slide past everyone and leave Dempsey with a tap in. Very satisfying to watch!

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
you can knock suarez for all this shit, but im calling bullshit if any one of you says you wouldn't have him in your side

As a fan of course I would love him in my side, but if I were a coach I would prefer someone that is perhaps less talented but actually has a brain.

Apparently, the FA are going to offer Suarez anger management classes. Not sure if that means no ban.

Suarez doesn't think, this has been established by his actions since the last World Cup lol.
Analyzing some footage, I think I know why he bit Ivanovic. It was Suarez's handball that let to the penalty and he also got a yellow card. After Hazard scored, he was very frustrated and felt that he let his team down. He bit Ivanovic to try to spark a reaction from him and possibly get him sent off or to get a penalty (which was clear because raised his arm appealing for a penalty and also pretended to be injured).

Not defending him in any way here, but I just want to know what was possibly going through his head to BITE someone.

EDIT: It's the PFA not the FA

what a massive overreaction by the media now

david cameron issuing a statement regarding the incident instead of worrying about his job and blowing £10million on some dumb bitch's funeral

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
you can knock suarez for all this shit, but im calling bullshit if any one of you says you wouldn't have him in your side
I'd have him in my Ultimate team but I wouldn't have him in my team if I was a manager IRL. You can't do whatever crazy shit you feel like doing just because you're indispensable to your team. That's fucking shameless. Bet that fucker expects to get away with anything just because he's world class.

Lol this is brilliant.

I hope Van Persie and Sir Alex hug and cry together at the final whistle. Go out to dinner. Become best friends and RVP pretends his life at Arsenal never happened.

RVP :D, top scorer in the league now too.
Guard of Honour at the Emerates for him then :P
how many penalties has he taken?

also how many offside goals is he going to get. 2 definite offsides and one questionable today. also got an offside goal against west ham ffs

fuck van persie..... I have no chance of winning smogon league now..... :'(

Also I think Xhizors made a really good point about Suarez, that he was trying to get Ivan sent off and earn a penalty. I understand Suarez's thinking in that he does everything to try to get his team the win, be it sly little tactics or diving or whatever, that kind of stuff might get you respect on the streets and it's all a laugh but as a professional footballer it makes you look like a scumbag. I don't think he quite grasps that. And so everyone thinks he's a scumbag when he could normally be a nice guy.

He seriously needs to get into a different mentality now he's a professional at the top level, and realise he's not playing nutmegs with the kids from the other side of the estate anymore...

edit: Also I'm kinda happy for Van Persie. He's earned it I guess. Wenger is also too nice. Should have let him rot on the bench for a year instead of granting his wishes to move... :P

Gotze seems on his way to Bayern Munich. And they have Guardiola coming in. And they're already stacked as fuck.

GG Europe.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Gotze seems on his way to Bayern Munich. And they have Guardiola coming in. And they're already stacked as fuck.

GG Europe.
i just saw this and i'm just amazed at the timing lol. one day before the biggest match in dortmund's history......

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
like munich need more attacking prowess. what they need is a more solid defense. their cbs are average as fuark and their fullbacks can only do so much.

I agree. Even though they've only given up 14 league goals this year, the Bundesliga sucks and Neuer can only stop so many Messi shots.

I really like Mario Götze as a player and I'm not sure it's an entirely good thing he moved to Bayern despite Shaqiri has just picked up a very good form and Robben as well. I am trying to imagine Götze in a false 9 with Guardiola. (inb4contradiction)
Also I'm quite gutted after the Liverpool game. If we don't win against Spurs, we can forget about top 4.

edit: look at that. Götze to Bayern official.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)