1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Tournament 2012 VGCS Winter Battle - Biosci wins!

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by gregj91, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

I can't check my rating online. Does that mean I got DCed due to too many disconnects or something like that? My Black 2 says the game has ended and gave me a rating of 1649 (14-0-1), but didn't tell me anything about being DC. I have not received a Custap Berry.

Congrats on winning the tournament!!

I might have played you; I lost to a team with Politoed, Kingdra, and Thundurus-T (can't remember the other Poke but I think it was Metagross). Did you use Thundurus-T with a Choice Scarf and Hidden Power Flying, and Kingdra had Lum Berry with Substitute, Draco Meteor, Muddy Water and Protect? I used Hariyama, Chandelure, Breloom, and Latios. You lead with Politoed + Kingdra, swapped out Kingdra first turn, and before I lost, Latios' Draco Meteor missed twice against Kingdra behind a Sub and Thundurus-T in that order. I was 'BORG'
  2. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Thanks!

My Thundurus-T had Choice Specs not Scarf, and my Kingdra had LO not Lum. I really didn't lead Politoed Kingdra all that much this tourney or use Sub all that much for that matter. I'm fairly certain you played someone with a similar team who's name on Smogon is BlitznBurst(Maybe).
  3. CrownEntei

CrownEntei

Thanks for posting that, very informative.
    That system really sucks -.-
  4. Xen

Xen formerly Xeno598

^ That's the reason why they implemented the hour ban directly into the B&W2 carts, but of course, we can see how well that has worked for all of us. It's a start at least. I'm hoping for Pokemon X & Y, they'll add a cart-based penalty that reduces your rating by half once you sign back on after DCing, kinda like how the old Yu-Gi-Oh WC DS games used to do.

Now onto my main post, if you were disqualified from the rankings, do you also lose the privilege to obtain the Custap Berry from the Promotions page? It's not available to me. I'll be livid if I cannot at least get the berry after being wrongfully kicked out of what would've been 48th place for me. :/
  5. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

Yes, you lose the privilege it's only for people who ranked, this sucks -__-
  6. BlakDragon

BlakDragon

I ranked and I still didn't get my custap berry.

*Checks the Promotions page to get berry*
    *berry isn't listed*

Wadda hell man |: Is it only for those who not only made it on the list but also ranked high enough for championship points (pretty sure I didn't)?
  7. Xen

Xen formerly Xeno598

*Facepalm.png*

...I hope both Nintendo and Disconnectors both learn from this, though I have my doubts either of them will.

Welp, guess I'm stuck with trying to find one via Share Shelves.
  8. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

nah Biosci tells me the promotion he didn't get the option in the Promotions page either, so safe bet they still haven't added it/something went wrong...
  9. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

The Promotion page is now up, you're now free to get your Custap Berries now so STOP ASKING
  10. lucariojr

lucariojr quell the storm and ride the thundurus
    is a Contributor to Smogon

i call biosci's first batch of cutsaps
  11. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

I just learnt how to check my GBU Wifi Competition record. The trainer was called Blitz. I think he's the player you're referring to. He deserved to win that match, despite my two misses.

For those who are unsure if they qualified or not, they should check their GBU Wifi Competition record. I was unhappy to see a blank next to my ranking. Too many people DCed on me. I cannot get my Custap Berry and Light Metal Scizor. As payback to Pokemon for stripping me of my well-earned privilege, I'm hacking these things onto my game. Pokemon can't stop me from getting my prizes.
  12. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

I was hoping to get a custap for at least fairly participating, looks like I'll have to bug a qualifier for one unfortunately.
  13. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

goddammit I cant get the custap berry because my flash player is not updated. a link to the latest version would be great (if allowed) if anyone could post on for me
  14. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

This was my closing remark concerning my not getting custap berry:
    On the bright side, one of my dream pals had a custap berry on shelf so I was able to get mine legitimately that way. At least I had the courtesy to swap with an extra occa berry I had available.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)