2013 International Challenge -January- [RANKINGS RELEASED]

Other people's DCs do count against you as well, since Nintendo's servers suck. Sounds to me like you got DQ'd. Last tourney, the Junior/Senior participants had issues with showing up in the final rankings, but judging Pokemasta's score compared to mine (which makes me believe he was in the Senior Division), I assume that's not the case this time around.
You would be correct by assuming Senior Division. I'm am surprised with my ranking considering I used an average rain team. I need to make a real creative team for the next tourney!

Other people's DCs do count against you as well, since Nintendo's servers suck. Sounds to me like you got DQ'd. Last tourney, the Junior/Senior participants had issues with showing up in the final rankings, but judging Pokemasta's score compared to mine (which makes me believe he was in the Senior Division), I assume that's not the case this time around.
Other people dcing counting against you.... That is just bad. So I guess I shouldn't play on the last day in the next tournament huh? Assuming I am even allowed to participate. Does being dq'ed have anything to do with participation in future tourneys?
This makes me hate the dcers even more -.-

Glad to be 19th and the 2nd european with only 61 battles completed (55V 6L)
However, i know that a lot of europeans had more points than me but disqualified due to the shitty Nintendo system.
I didn't count my DC but, how do you know your DC rate?

Glad to be 19th and the 2nd european with only 61 battles completed (55V 6L)
However, i know that a lot of europeans had more points than me but disqualified due to the shitty Nintendo system.
I didn't count my DC but, how do you know your DC rate?
It's DC's/DC's+Total Matches completed

So mine was 16/87 which leads to 18.4%.

Incedently I did rank and I got 130th place, could be better but could've been worse. Great job everyone! Have some toast :toast: :toast: :toast:

It's DC's/DC's+Total Matches completed

So mine was 16/87 which leads to 18.4%.

Incedently I did rank and I got 130th place, could be better but could've been worse. Great job everyone! Have some toast :toast: :toast: :toast:
See this sort of confuses me because even though I didn't count the exact dcs, I know they were under 25. And with me having played a little more than 100 completed matches, my dc percentage should have been around the same as yours yet you ranked and I didn't. The only explanations I have is that I may have been excluded due to only the slightest margin or that the disqualification rate is different for different divisions.
Anybody have any other idea as to why I might not have showed up?
Appreciate the help.

If you did play 100 matches and have 25 dc's, that would give you a 20% rate. That is not a lot but then again I have no idea how this works. I just play and try to raise my rating. Sorry ;)

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
See this sort of confuses me because even though I didn't count the exact dcs, I know they were under 25. And with me having played a little more than 100 completed matches, my dc percentage should have been around the same as yours yet you ranked and I didn't. The only explanations I have is that I may have been excluded due to only the slightest margin or that the disqualification rate is different for different divisions.
Anybody have any other idea as to why I might not have showed up?
Appreciate the help.
Nintendo doesn't disclose the DC rate required before being DQ'd due to obvious reasons, so I really don't know.

For the past two tourneys, Disconnects have shown up in force during the last day, so it may not be a bad idea to just avoid the final day of the next tourney. I only did 4 matches during the last few hours of the 2013 IC, with two of them ending up as DCs.

Nintendo doesn't disclose the DC rate required before being DQ'd due to obvious reasons, so I really don't know.

For the past two tourneys, Disconnects have shown up in force during the last day, so it may not be a bad idea to just avoid the final day of the next tourney. I only did 4 matches during the last few hours of the 2013 IC, with two of them ending up as DCs.
Exactly. It is the last day so people do not care if they have to wait 1 hour to play. Just try to play a ton on the other days and maybe a few, if any on the last day.

Ah....Well thanks for the help everybody (Xeno598 and Pokemasta77) :P. Still a bit disappointed over the rankings but I'll get over it. And the next tourney's not that far is it.(?) And congrats to everyone who DID end up ranking.

Ah....Well thanks for the help everybody (Xeno598 and Pokemasta77) :P. Still a bit disappointed over the rankings but I'll get over it. And the next tourney's not that far is it.(?) And congrats to everyone who DID end up ranking.
I believe the signups start on Thursday. I will sadly be sitting this one out though :( The rain spam is going to be outrageously high. Good luck with that ;)

I believe the signups start on Thursday. I will sadly be sitting this one out though :( The rain spam is going to be outrageously high. Good luck with that ;)
Haha yeah... Gotta counter Kyogre, Gotta counter Kyogre.
I'll probably be going in with a sun team myself so this tournament's gonna be a challenge.
And does anyone know if teams of, say, 6 legends are legal or if there is a certain number of legends you can carry.
Sorry if this is going a bit off topic.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
There's no limit, except 6 of course.

Also, *Cough*2013 Winter Friendly Thread*Cough*

Welp, ranked at 566/21017. That puts me in the Top 3% with 1685 ending score and 52/22. Most of those losses were 3-5 streaks too lol.

Not bad for my first WiFi Tour :)

Now, if I had stopped at my 1710 peak, I'd be at about 355. Oh well.

Also, how can you measure your Local rank, versus your global rank?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
41 wins and 7 losses with a rating of 1743 and once again not ranked because 5+ lost count of how many opponents disconnected on me. I hope someone at tpci will be able to hear me out on this when I attend the next VGC regionals in April as this is unacceptable. Interestingly Shinkou won all 10 of his matches with a rating of 1611 and was ranked 1427th overall still.

Came out with 1763 points but didn't get ranked as I suspected, quite depressing really considering the painfully slow grind for the points and that it would've been enough for a ranking in the top 200-300 from what I've seen. I've noticed if you're not playing a minimum of around 80 matches you're simply not going to hit the 1800-1900 point ranks but having around 30-40 wins is enough for a top few hundred ranking.

It seems pretty much a complete game of luck whether you get a high dc count or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)