Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Finally got all 5 trophies! That rotation one took me longer than I'd care to admit.

Seeing how long of a streak I can get now in triples, just reached 200 with my team of -

Greninja

- Nature: Timid
- Moves: Mat Block, Grass Knot, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam
- Item: Life Orb
- EVs: 252 Speed, 200 SpA, 56 HP

Aron Lvl 1- Moves: Endeavour, Toxic, Protect, Sleep Talk
- Item: Berry Juice

Kangaskhan - Nature: Adamant
- Moves: Sucker Punch, Return, Power-Up Punch, Earthquake
- Item: Kangaskhanite
- EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Def

Gengar - Nature: Mild
- Moves: Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Dazzling Gleam
- Item: Focus Sash
- EVs: 252 Speed, 252 SpA, 4 SpDef

Blissey (who saved my ass a couple of times)
- Nature: Careful
- Moves: Toxic, Protect, Soft-Boiled, Flamethrower (I considered heal bell but wanted an emergency backup for taunt)
- Item: Leftovers
- EVs: 252 SpDef, 230 Def, 27 Speed

Entei- Nature: Adamant (It's the shiny event one so I didn't have much choice regarding the nature - I'm just a shiny fanatic)
- Moves: Flare Blitz, Extreme Speed, Crush Claw, Flamethrower
- Item: Assault vest (not likely the best choice but I couldn't decide on what to use)
- EVs: 252 Speed, 4 Def, 252 Attack

NOTE - Some of my EVs might be not quite right as I don't remember the exact values I chose (and may not be the best decision in the first place!)

- My general tactic is to use Greninja's Mat Block to allow Kangaskhan to mega evolve and set up with power-up punch and give aron a chance to get off an endeavor on the opponent who would be hardest for the others to take down.
- If the other team was going to outspeed me I'd use aron as bait and start him off with protect.
- Then just taking out the others.
- I had a policy of only throwing out Blissey on the sides, never the middle. Mostly there to poison everything and then wait it out, using my other pokemon to take down any threats like fighting types.
- Gengar and Entei were great for cleaning up with Gengar's diversity of moves and Entei's priority extreme speed and powerful flare blitz.

^Maybe you should consider rebreeding your blissey, it probably hits for mittens with a careful nature, considering you gave it a special attack. Make it bold.
But hey nice team I've recently passed 200 myself.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Please keep it going, both of you--seems like Triples has at least a few different people presently gunning to tear it apart, always a pleasure to observe.

Have an idea that's branching off of my Set 3 experiment--Rental Masters (the successful runs, at least) comes to the Maison! (kind of)
Basically, last night I found a bunch of documents noting the various Rental Masters teams I rolled during the first half of last year, when I was trying to score 50 wins in that format in White 2. Here, I will be listing the teams I've won with, as well as any Bianca teams I encountered (since it's so rare to battle her within the PWT 'Super' formats, I wanted to make special note of these). If any of these sound particularly interesting/solid/wacky to you in Triples, let me know and I will give them a spin, report on their performance, tweak them as needed, etc. (Bianca teams will denoted in bold) (Set numbers used are for Subway sets)

• Muk1/Ampharos2/Blissey1/Gengar1/Gliscor1/Tauros1
  • Breloom3/Aggron3/Bastiodon3/Gallade 3 or 4/Scizor3/Feraligatr4
  • Mr.Mime4/Arcanine3/Scrafty4/Blastoise4/Gyarados4/Blissey4
  • Aerodactyl2/Blastoise3/Seismitoad3/Medicham2/Skuntank2/Vespiquen3
  • Charizard3/Claydol4/Medicham2/Klinklang2/Bronzong 1 or 2/Walrein4
  • Skarmory1/Miltank2/Walrein2/Togekiss2/Samurott1/Darmanitan2
  • Musharna2/Toxicroak2/Mamoswine4/Exploud1/Snorlax4/Slowking3
  • Infernape2/Espeon2/Breloom2/Ferrothorn1/Torterra2/Venusaur 1 or 2
  • Breloom2/Exeggutor1/Umbreon 1 or 2/Electivire1/Cradily 1 or 2/Staraptor2
  • Excadrill3/Gengar1/Quagsire4/Carracosta2/Exeggutor1/Miltank3
  • Steelix3/Nidoqueen3/Dragonite3/Infernape1/Serperior2/Sawk1
  • Mr.Mime3/Torterra4/Glaceon4/Samurott3/Gyarados4/Ninetales3
  • Klinklang1/Eelektross1/Kingdra2/Drapion2/Tyranitar2/Hariyama2
  • Dewgong2/Shuckle1/Ursaring1/Sceptile1/Marowak2/Klinklang2
  • Braviary4/Gigalith3/Claydol3/Rhyperior3/Empoleon3/Tangrowth4
  • Roserade1/Skarmory1/Weavile1/Porygon-z4/Gallade3/Froslass4
  • Gengar1/Blissey2/Volcarona1/Heracross2/Mandibuzz1/Reuniclus2
  • Staraptor1/Charizard1/Ampharos4/Gyarados2/Lapras3/Braviary3
  • Hariyama1/Bastiodon2/Porygon-z2/Probopass2/Samurott2/Darmanitan2
  • Charizard4/Vileplume4/Flareon3/Crobat4/Lanturn4/Krookodile4
  • Jynx2/Espeon2/Staraptor2/Lopunny1/Darmanitan1/Empoleon2
  • Slaking3/Ursaring3/Snorlax3/Nidoking4/Marowak4/Exeggutor4
  • Hydreigon3/Floatzel4/Roserade4/Torterra2/Haxorus1/Druddigon1
  • Machamp2/Slowbro4/Jolteon4/Infernape1/Unfezant1/Tyranitar3
  • Dewgong2/Marowak1/Whicash1/Glaceon1/Dusknoir2/Tyranitar2
  • Rapidash4/Gengar3/Vaporeon4/Togekiss3/Gigalith4/Haxorus3
  • Aggron2/Politoed1/Donphan2/Blissey1/Chandelure2/Archeops1
  • Zoroark3/Shuckle4/Zebstrika4/Hydreigon3/Ursaring3/Escavalier3
  • Arcanine4/Espeon4/Porygon23/Claydol3/Hariyama3/Roserade3
  • Mandibuzz2/Starmie1/Snorlax3/Carracosta4/Kingdra1/Glaceon4
  • Porygon-z3/Arcanine4/Typhlosion3/Gigalith4/Umbreon4/Meganium3
  • Blastoise4/Breloom3/Togekiss3/Houndoom3/Emboar3/Volcarona3
  • Bouffalant4/Bastiodon3/Nidoking4/Conkeldurr4/Volcarona3/Toxicroak4
  • Exeggutor3/Electrode4/Swampert4/Medicham4/Bronzong4/Unfezant4
  • Cradily1/Vaporeon2/Metagross1/Lanturn1/Rhyperior2/Druddigon2
  • Kangaskhan4/Tyranitar3/Snorlax3/Kingdra3/Zebstrika3/Krookodile3
  • Archeops3/Venusaur1/Gastrodon1/Jynx2/Breloom4/Scizor4
  • Espeon1/Staraptor2/Granbull2/Jynx2/Medicham2/Empoleon2
  • Rampardos3/Honchkrow3/Bastiodon4/Steelix4/Bisharp3/Houndoom4
  • Milotic4/Charizard4/Altaria4/Aerodactyl4/Zebstrika3/Beartic3

Last edited:
Well, I tried an unconventional all- shinies team last night that I knew sucked, but it actually exceeded my expectations.
This was in singles.
Keep in mind that only one of these pokemon has ideal nature and iv's, the others had crappy random ones. It's not like I could I breed for better ones without giving up the shiny element, after all.

As lead,

Espeon, life orb-
Psychic
Dazzling gleam
Shadow ball
Morning sun

Blueberrypie, my nickname for my beautiful blue Bisharp, blackglasses-
Swords dance
Knock off
Sucker punch
Iron head

Shinyhax, my Haxorus, Choice Scarf-
Poison Jab
Outrage
Earthquake
Swords Dance (shouldve replaced it but meh)

I got all the way to the 30s, which was surprising. Ultimately I lost on the 37th battle to a blasted Volcarona. It countered my team pretty hard.

Here's the video, for fun:

44CG-WWWW-WW3U-MHFR

It's too bad, I started hoping I could get espeon on the leaderboard for a change. Maybe I'll try again with a doubles team.

No record this time, but a question:

Ferrothorn in the Maison [Rotations], would it be better to run 0 Speed Relaxed Gyro Ball, or Iron Head? I know the Maison runs straight 31's (except the first few irrelevent battles) even on TR Dusknoir and such, but slow mons like Cradily, Armaldo, Granbull, etc might be better hit by Iron Head (which is funny to spam in TR, which we all know the AI adores using). Was thinking standard set of Power Whip / Protect / Leech Seed / Gyro Ball, but if Iron Head is better I can run that too.

Gyro Ball with Ferrothorn's speed will exceed 80 BP much of the time and will do a lot more damage overall, especially since you'll also be attacking fast things. An enemy speed of 80 will already put the base power at 90, and most of the things below that speed are not viable targets for the move anyway for a number of reasons, be it resistance or taking more damage from Power Whip.

If you're not running pure offense, Cradily4 isn't really a quick kil for Ferrothorn to begin with, but you'll easily beat it in a stall war. Granbull4 is still easily OHKOd by Gyro Ball, guaranteed, with at least 92 EVs (assumed Relaxed of course.) Iron Head inflicts slightly more damage against Armaldo4 but you're better off using Protect to see what it movelocks into and using the optimal teammate from there. If it's not using Superpower, both Iron Head and Gyro Ball 2HKO, so it's irrelevant.

Speaking of Gyro Ball, I luckily had bred Heavy Slam onto Onix long beforehand, and so was able to tutor it onto Steelix. Mega Steelix generally inflicts more damage overall with it than GB, even with its shitty base 30 speed, since the weight difference is much more damning between it and its targets. It hits 120 with Heavy Slam far more often than 120+ with GB. I'll miss the Latios and Virizion kills and that's about it. Most fatties didn't take good damage from Gyro Ball anyway.

Smuckem

Entei - Item: Assault vest (not likely the best choice but I couldn't decide on what to use)
If you're going to have two STAB moves anyway, you might as well run a Fire-boosting item, or replace Flamethrower with a different coverage move if you keep the Vest on. Do you remember any instances of AV actually helping Entei survive hits you thought would KO it? If you remember a decent number (say, at least one in each format you used Entei in, or four-six in one format), then the Vest is fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my previous post, I brought up the Rental Masters lists I found while cleaning up the place. Along with that, I found something odd: apparently, I had kept track of the teams faced during one of my previous trophy runs. Not terribly interesting overall (this team seemed to draw quite a few poor opponents), but it did get me thinking about whether or not the AI has a set, finite number of configurations that it can draw upon when deciding your pre-Dana opponents. The First 10 (all Set 1 trainers) and Battles# 41-49 (all Set 4) have a constant structure, of course, but what about the structure of everything in between? Is there a selection of strcutures that the AI can choose upon, or is each opponent selected for individually from the available trainer pool within that point in the streak, as would seem to be the case on the surface? For reference, this was the structure of this particular trophy run:

Battles #1-10: Set 1 (obviously)
#11-12: Set 1
#13-15: Set 2
#16-19: Set 1
#20-21: Set 2
#22: Set 3
#23-24: Set 2
#25: Set 3
#26: Set 2
#27-28: Set 3
#29: Set 2
#30-31: Set 3
#32: Set 4
#33-34: Set 3
#35-37: Set 4
#38: Set 3
#39-44: Set 4
#45: Sets 1-2 (Veteran)
#46: Set 4
#48: Set 4 + Latias1 (Ace Trainer)
#49: Set 4

Hey guys, just an update on the Battle Maison tables.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Battle_Maison_Pokémon

I'm considering replacing the columns containing the EVs with the actual calculated base stats, assuming 31 IV's. Hesitant to do this because not all Trainers are 31, but 31 is what we see in the long run, and having calculated stats lets you sort the Pokemon by speed tiers (not counting Scarf).

It will, in the end, look something like this (the Stats columns only):

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_Rental_Tournament_Pokémon

Since you're the kind of guys who would use this reference most, let me know what you think. :)

EDIT:
Also, I'm thinking of creating a searchable Trainer database for Excel. Bascially you enter a trainer's name and it will output the Pokemon they have and their sets on a sortable Table. Let me know if that is actually something useful or just superfluous.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just an update on the Battle Maison tables.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Battle_Maison_Pokémon

I'm considering replacing the columns containing the EVs with the actual calculated base stats, assuming 31 IV's. Hesitant to do this because not all Trainers are 31, but 31 is what we see in the long run, and having calculated stats lets you sort the Pokemon by speed tiers (not counting Scarf).

It will, in the end, look something like this (the Stats columns only):

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_Rental_Tournament_Pokémon

Since you're the kind of guys who would use this reference most, let me know what you think. :)

EDIT:
Also, I'm thinking of creating a searchable Trainer database for Excel. Bascially you enter a trainer's name and it will output the Pokemon they have and their sets on a sortable Table. Let me know if that is actually something useful or just superfluous.
Tables look amazing, great reasource!
I think the excel thing has been done already: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-97#post-5831376

Tables look amazing, great reasource!
I think the excel thing has been done already: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-97#post-5831376
Oh no, I've seen that before. I'm talking about a sheet where you can enter a Trainer's name (not a Pokemon) into the search, push the "Look Up" button, and if a match appears, generate a sortable table of all the Pokemon/Sets the trainer may use. It will essentially be an advanced extension on the currently existing spreadsheet.

And given that we know the IV's because of the Trainer, we can calculate the full stats, (not just list the EVs and nature) which will also be outputted on the table along with Moves, Items, etc.

This is nearly a month late, but I earned all five trophies in ORAS and here's the proof:

resized photo.jpg

Oh man, that took up more space than I expected. Sorry about that.

I also achieved a new streak of 94 wins in multis with Steven using Life Orb Greninja and Mega Salamence with Return over Double-Edge (for longevity). I lost the lost battle due to trick room, and a few unlucky crits.
Here's the video:
3YQG-WWWW-WW3V-4Q83

Originally I had Greninja paired up with Assault Vest Guts Conkeldurr, but I couldn't even break 50 - although I was extremely close, losing at the 50th battle once. I switched to Mega Salamence and boom, things were so much easier. He's simply overpowered haha.
Here's another video from the streak, I highly recommend watching this one:
6FKW-WWWW-WW3V-4QJY
It's a reminder of why I despise choice scarf manectric so much. And power herb sky attack gimmicks of course. Oh well. Just when you think you think you have the battle in the bag...

Ladies and gentleman- the latest installment to the Battle Maison database:

Charts of pre-calculated summary stats (replacing Nature and EVs):

Work still in progress, but very much usable.

19 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/1

23 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/2

27 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/3

31 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/4

Eventually, I'll be making a table of all the Trainers with one column that has links to their respective tables. Happy streaking!

Note: I was doing a lot of repetitive copy-pasting with this, so let me know if there are any mistakes. (I hope none lol.)

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Three words.
Wild Charge Noivern.
This thing ended my streak of 20 (admittedly not very impressive, but I don't want to grind for an hour to get back there).

This was my team. (Not very optimal because I'm trying to get my VGC team in-game, which includes the Breloom and Krookodile, but all except Gyarados are IV/EV'd)
ComboBreaker (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Protect
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Spore

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: I don't know
Serious Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Bounce
-Waterfall
-Earthquake

5 (Krookodile) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Protect
-Fire Fang
(I won't actually be using Fire Fang at regionals, lol. I'm still waiting for that #$!^ Mirage Spot with Snarl)
Does anyone have a replacement for Gyarados they'd like to suggest? Thanks!

Smuckem

Three words.
Wild Charge Noivern.
This thing ended my streak of 20 (admittedly not very impressive, but I don't want to grind for an hour to get back there).
It's bizarre--this thing also contributed to my most recent streak attempt being cut short. I was using my initial Flash Clash team (seen HERE) and faced a Roller Skater also featuring Charizard2/Gliscor2/Electivire2/Hawlucha2/Altaria2 on top of the Noivern2. Having half of my guys be Flying-weak was not the smartest thing, this team being built for 1v1 play didn't make it conducive to Triples, and though Noivern2 wasn't a big threat in and of itself, being able to withstand an Ice Beam and launch a couple of attacks before going down certainly wasn't helpful.

It is just me, or is Noivern generally just a non-factor in the Maison? Have seen a few folks on this thread try it on their teams and be disappointed, and the Maison sets look interesting on paper but just don't threaten much--in Triples I can pretty much ignore it or OHKO right off the bat, no matter what kind of team I'm using.

Your non-Gyarados 'mons are Ice-weak, I notice--a Steel-type might help alleviate that, and even a mildly bulky one will make life easier foe those times you absolutely need to switch. Those Steels neutral to Ice may include a few 'mons that would work for short runs, but those resistant to Ice will work out better in the long run. It is VGC season, so Aegislash might work for you, but if you don't want to tread the beaten path, and compound the Fire weakness Breloom already has...Empoleon, maybe?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Re-reading farranpoison's trophy run, and he's all like
Also, male Attract mons were annoying as hell, seeing as all my team were female, but since it's Triples if one mon gets attracted, another one of my mons takes the enemy out and it's no problem.
which made me laugh...probably the only time that Attract has been an issue (albeit a minor one) for someone on this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2: And of course, after noting Noivern as a non-factor, I notice it's featured twice on the Multis leaderboard...I apologize to turskain and Coolhand Luke for disparaging the bat-thing.

Last edited:
It's been a long while since I posted in this thread, but I thought I should show that I got all 5 trophies in both X and OR, because why not

I've also been continuing my streak in Super Triple Battles, and I've made some small changes to optimize my team, but I want to get a few more wins before posting about it.

Last edited:
Glanced at a couple random names to see the tables, namely specialty types, and the tables seem to be either incomplete or link incorrectly. Ace Trainer Bunny for instance does not pull up a specific list (which may or may not have been intentional) and Hex Maniac Anastasia's table omits some random sets here and there, like Starmie4 and Claydol.

Still appreciate all of the effort, of course.

http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BattleMaisonTrainers.txt

Anastasia doesn't use Starmie4 or Claydol4. One of the nit-picky mods managed to find that out when going over the list. Similarly, Psychics and Hex Maniacs do not use Golurk, and Greninja isn't used by Dark-specialists.

The team listings should all be correct afaik. If there's an error it's usually because I may have inputted the wrong IV's into the spreadsheet.

Also, I fixed Bunny and Jai's links. Those were some typos I missed during my first check, thanks.

TIL: Not to take broad descriptions at face value! And the crazy part is, you made me realise I never once faced a Golurk on a Psy/Hex team that wasn't Mara.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

Smuckem

Ladies and gentleman- the latest installment to the Battle Maison database:

Charts of pre-calculated summary stats (replacing Nature and EVs):

Work still in progress, but very much usable.

19 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/1

23 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/2

27 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/3

31 IVs: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:TehPerson/List_of_battle_area_Trainers_(Generation_VI)/4

Eventually, I'll be making a table of all the Trainers with one column that has links to their respective tables. Happy streaking!

Note: I was doing a lot of repetitive copy-pasting with this, so let me know if there are any mistakes. (I hope none lol.)
I must say, superb work done here--I don't use these so much for confronting the Maison as I do for stat comparisons with Maison sets when breeding my Imperfects.

Printing these out as we speak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With frigidkitsune updating on things, I went back last night and checked out Battle #1000 from her Triples streak. Thankfully, said vid is still up. My current Set 3 experiment model was able to beat the Scientist team she faced there, and then had a tight, fun mock battle with the streak team itself. Awesome setup, and despite the AI committing three errors that allowed me to keep things close, it still came down to Franziska vs. Reuniclus3, with the latter surviving by 15 HP. Congrats on achieving such a feat, and these are the best nicknames for their 'mons anyone on the leaderboard has put together so far.

Last edited:
After many countless battles in the Battle Maison Super Triple battle challenge, the streak ends at a total of 333 wins. I don't think it would be possible to get a streak higher than that but what a run that was.

The Trainer name is Twilight and here's the team that got this far:

Aromatisse
Nature: Relaxed
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/1
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Sp.Def
Held Item: Lum Berry
Moonblast
Trick Room
Helping Hand
Protect

The only Trick Roomer that makes this team go at full throttle. Not only is she a great Trick Room supporter but she can also pack quite a punch with Moonblast. Most of the battles, there would be one Pokemon that only targets her.

However, her weaknesses are very heavy hitters and flinches. If any of those things happen, Trick Room wouldn't be set up.

Camerupt
Nature: Quiet
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/x
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Sp.Atk
Held Item: Cameruptite
Eruption
Solarbeam
Earth Power
Protect

The main attacker of the team. Not many Pokemon that don't have Flash Fire can even take a single Eruption from this Pokemon when Sunny Day is on the field and Helping Hand was used. Most battles finish in precisely 3 turns.

Still when unprepared, Camerupt wouldn't handle a single Water move and Eruption would lose it's power when the Pokemon's not a full HP.

Cottonee (Level 1)
Nature: Bold
IV's: x/x/x/x/x/x
Ability: Prankster
EV's: None
Held Item: Focus Sash
Endeavor
Sunny Day
Encore
Protect

The Cottonee that was obtained in a Wonder Trade might look really weak and wouldn't put up much of a battle, but this Pokemon is amazing with the strategy. Here's the thing. The Pokemon at the Battle Maison will always target the one who is bound to faint first. That's why Aromatisse is usually left alone on the far left. But that doesn't stop there, this Pokemon also sets up Sunny Day and uses Endeavor to put an opponent who would take an Eruption down to 1-11 HP so Camerupt can get a sweep. Encore is also used to cripple other opponent's strategy to sweep like Gyarados's Dragon Dance and Volcarona's Quiver Dance.

However, first priority moves, Sandstorm, Hail and status moves and the absence of Trick Room can cripple Cottonee immensely.

Gastrodon
Nature: Quiet
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/0
Ability: Storm Drain
EV's: 100 HP / 92 Def / 252 Sp.Atk / 64 Sp.Def
Held Item: Leftovers
Scald
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Recover

One of the primary backup team members when facing Water type Pokemon. With Storm Drain, Camerupt would be quite safe from moves other than Surf and Muddy Water. Plus, he has good type coverage against certain Pokemon.

Conkeldurr
Nature: Brave
IV's: 31/31/28/x/31/0
Ability: Iron Fist
EV's 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Sp.Def
Held Item: Muscle Band
Hammer Arm
Mach Punch
Ice Punch
Knock Off

The other heavy hitter of the Trick Room team when Camerupt faints. Muscle Band is chosen over Life Orb because it's practically the same item and wouldn't cost Conkeldurr some HP. The Pokemon already has enough power to OHKO a lot of Pokemon (like Floatzel). Also, Iron Fist over Guts so Mach Punch and Ice Punch can get more power. Wouldn't want to risk the Pokemon getting a status move or something.

Ampharos
Nature: Modest
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/30
Ability: Static
EV's: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp.Atk
Held Item: Expert Belt
Thunderbolt
Discharge
Dragon Pulse
Signal Beam

Now Ampharos was an interesting choice as it was the only available Pokemon that would suit best in the Trick Room team. Surprisingly, this Pokemon did really well as it takes out certain Pokemon like Gyarados. Plus, the Discharge technique when Camerupt is on his side does leave a nice touch.

Lemme tell you, getting 200 wins in this challenge isn't easy as there were a lot of intense Pokemon battles. Here are some of the Battle Videos that were recorded:

Battle No. 90: RPQG-WWWW-WW3U-XQY8
Battle No. 97: PR6G-WWWW-WW3U-XQJL
Battle No. 100: 3L8G-WWWW-WW3U-XQKB
Battle No. 149: XNKG-WWWW-WW3U-XQLM
Battle No. 167: SJMW-WWWW-WW3U-XQMF
Battle No. 200: EYFG-WWWW-WW3U-XQNK
Battle No. 203 XRAG-WWWW-WW3U-XQZ6
Battle No. 276: 4BBW-WWWW-WW3U-XQZQ
Battle No. 300: XFVW-WWWW-WW4W-2Z55

Battle No. 334 (Defeat): BU2W-WWWW-WW4W-2Z6A

A flinch was one way to get a ticket to end the winning streak. Thought there would be a comeback from there but to no avail. Still, it was a fun experience getting over 200 wins and beyond.

It's definitely possible to take that team higher than 333 wins, but it would take some optimizations that you might not be interested in enacting.

While spread moves "ideally" are used from the center, your Cottonee does Aromatisse a lot of disservice being on the far side because it won't draw attacks from the things that are able to KO it. Your Aromatisse has a rounded EV spread but is still a viable OHKO for some of the harder hitting Poison types that can appear, namely Muk4 and Victreebel4, and if they appear opposite Aromatisse they will use their respective moves to do the job. Trust me, you will prefer the AI have the option to target either or, as opposed to having no reason not to destroy your setter.

Prankster Encore is the only thing Cottonee has over Aron, and there's honestly not a lot of point to it, when you think about it- Taunt would be far more useful since enemy Trick Room setters are very bad for TR teams. Otherwise your FEAR poke is much better off going for an Endeavor and assisting with KOs than it would be using anything else, barring Sunny Day; the lv1 makes Prankster moot under TR (Thundurus and Tornadus don't typically go for the Taunt when it's around.) There could conceivably be scenarios where Prankster Sunny Day could be used in a nightmare situation, but with M-Camerupt centered and with its speed issues, Eruption's base power is not likely to stay up. It also gets one less hit than Aron and is screwed over by more as well, but I understand if individuality was important when forming the team.

M-Camerupt is clearly a better choice of mega on a team like this but Ampharos needs its Ampharosite to really make a difference on such a team. Much better bulk, Dragon Pulse actually inflicts respectable damage, Mold Breaker is a thousand times better than Static, etc. Its nature is pretty suboptimal as well as the IV. Power Gem would be a lot more effective than Discharge, since spreading paralysis to enemies when using a TR team is very undesireable.

I've increased my Super Triple Battles streak to 1500!

My original team is posted here, but I have since made some changes to Aron and Togekiss, which I will go into more detail about. The other four teammates are running the same sets in my 1,000 streak post.

Mr. Wright (Aron) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: None
Jolly Nature
IVs: Unknown
- Protect
- Roar
- Endeavor
- Sunny Day
Roar and Sunny Day are the new moves on Aron. Roar lets Aron force out opposing Trick Room setters before they can use the move when Togekiss is unable to flinch them with Air Slash, or if I pick the wrong enemy to flinch if there's more than one enemy Pokemon running Trick Room. Follow Me lets Togekiss redirect some of the attacks so that Aron can Roar without taking too many hits. I decided to take Sunny Day off Togekiss and put it on Aron because I really needed the spare moveslot on Togekiss. Aron can set it up just fine when it's on its last hit. Having Sunny Day on Aron does make removing opposing weather more of an inconvenience, but ultimately it's a fair trade off for what Togekiss can do now. There are times when I miss having Magnet Rise on Aron, but in the end it didn't play a crucial part in getting a win

Blackquill (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/00
- Air Slash
- Safeguard
- Follow Me
- Heal Bell
It might seem odd to run both Safeguard and Heal Bell on the same set, but both moves serve specific functions that the other move can't. Safeguard provides immunity to all statuses, including confusion, which is particularly useful against Mandibuzz 4, which has an unusual tendency to always use Swagger on Dusclops if it can hit it. Safeguard also allows Aron to use Endeavor on Pokemon with contact Abilities that cause status ailments, such as Flame Body and Static. Finally, Safeguard completely shuts down sets that only have status moves, such as Weezing 4, making them complete dead weight on the enemy team. Heal Bell is capable of removing status ailments that happen on the first turn of the match, since Togekiss is slower than a good portion of the Maison Pokemon. Also, if I am faced against a Glaceon in the center position, I use Heal Bell on the first turn to heal off the possible freeze on Dusclops. It is a specific situation, but one that can really make the match go wrong.

I just recently changed the EV spread on Togekiss, specifically during matches 1450-1500, but it has worked just as well as my previous Togekiss set so far. The extra special bulk lets Togekiss survive a critical hit Blizzard from Glaceon 1/3/4 under Double/Triple Battle settings. The loss in physical bulk isn't too bad; most physical attacks that Togekiss redirects are moves that it resists, specifically Fighting and Dark attacks, which seem to be the most common physical type attacks aimed at Aron. Togekiss is also immune to Earthquake, one of the most common moves in Triple Battles, so it doesn't have to worry about its bulk for that move. As for more powerful moves, such as Flare Blitz, I always opted to use Air Slash for the flinch instead, since it still does a lot of damage against my other Togekiss set. Togekiss is more vulnerable to an OHKO, such as against Escavalier 3's Iron Head, but the backup Pokemon are capable of taking on the few Pokemon that can take out Togekiss in one hit.

General strategy is mostly the same as before, aside from Togekiss setting up Safeguard on turn 1 instead of Sunny Day, now.

Battle #1500: EBNG-WWWW-WW4W-33TU

Here are a couple matches showing off using Roar on Aron to force out Trick Room Pokemon
Battle #1303: 67MG-WWWW-WW4W-343D
Battle #1340: Q65W-WWWW-WW4W-34AL

This match shows why I like having Heal Bell on Togekiss. Glaceon lands a freeze on Dusclops, which I was able to heal off, and continued the match without too much trouble. This was before I changed Togekiss's EV spread, but thankfully it didn't land a crit on Togekiss
Battle #1,426: H66W-WWWW-WW4W-34BD

This match is has Mandibuzz 4 on Dusclop's side of the field, one of the reasons why I wanted Togekiss to have Safeguard
Battle #1,456: HVGG-WWWW-WW4W-34NL

I'm pretty satisfied with how my team is now. It worked great before, but there were a few situations that I felt it didn't handle very well. Now I feel comfortable using this team against pretty much anything the Maison throws against it.

It's definitely possible to take that team higher than 333 wins, but it would take some optimizations that you might not be interested in enacting.

While spread moves "ideally" are used from the center, your Cottonee does Aromatisse a lot of disservice being on the far side because it won't draw attacks from the things that are able to KO it. Your Aromatisse has a rounded EV spread but is still a viable OHKO for some of the harder hitting Poison types that can appear, namely Muk4 and Victreebel4, and if they appear opposite Aromatisse they will use their respective moves to do the job. Trust me, you will prefer the AI have the option to target either or, as opposed to having no reason not to destroy your setter.

Prankster Encore is the only thing Cottonee has over Aron, and there's honestly not a lot of point to it, when you think about it- Taunt would be far more useful since enemy Trick Room setters are very bad for TR teams. Otherwise your FEAR poke is much better off going for an Endeavor and assisting with KOs than it would be using anything else, barring Sunny Day; the lv1 makes Prankster moot under TR (Thundurus and Tornadus don't typically go for the Taunt when it's around.) There could conceivably be scenarios where Prankster Sunny Day could be used in a nightmare situation, but with M-Camerupt centered and with its speed issues, Eruption's base power is not likely to stay up. It also gets one less hit than Aron and is screwed over by more as well, but I understand if individuality was important when forming the team.

M-Camerupt is clearly a better choice of mega on a team like this but Ampharos needs its Ampharosite to really make a difference on such a team. Much better bulk, Dragon Pulse actually inflicts respectable damage, Mold Breaker is a thousand times better than Static, etc. Its nature is pretty suboptimal as well as the IV. Power Gem would be a lot more effective than Discharge, since spreading paralysis to enemies when using a TR team is very undesireable.
Thanks for the heads up and suggestions to help improve the team. You're right. It is possible to get a streak higher than 333 wins. Nothing is impossible after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)