4th Gen Smogon "Exams" #2 (Redux)

What did you get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or was the first question in the Smogon Exam wrong? I thought it was Rock, not Fighting, that hit 5 types SE.
Rock only hits 4 types for super effective: bug, fire, ice and flying.
Fighting hits 5 types for super effective: steel, rock, ice, dark and normal.

(On my second try)

SubPuncher @ Leftovers
252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD]
Nature: Adamant
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Softboiled
~ Toxic

Have fun losing (to or with) this set.

Hehe stuck in the 72% range. I got real lazy on a lot of questions. Wanted to see if I can get everything straight out of my head

I forgot to save the link at the end, but I got a 72 and on the 1 where it asks how many Pokemon resist dark + fighting, I put the name(s) instead of the number...

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I still have no idea where this "defensive potential" stuff comes from.

This quiz was definitely a lot better than the last one. The only mistake I saw was asking the test taker to identify the type that hits the majority of Pokemon in the picture for SE damage. A majority is over 50%, and only 4/9 were hit for SE damage by the correct type. The question is still answerable, but I wasted a few minutes double checking myself on that one.

FakeEmOutBliss @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk -SpA)
- Fake Out
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power: Normal (60 base power)
- Nasty Plot

Hi all, when I get back from school I'll edit Question #24 to say "which type hits the most Pokemon shown in the picture?", thanks to Elevator Music and TAY for spotting that out, and I hope you're enjoying the test!

EDIT: I'll also respond to more individual comments later. Loving these Blissey sets!

Scored 60%. :( Well, considering I don't know all that much about Pokemon yet, it fits. Can't believe I forgot Groudon and Kyogre in the auto-weather question though >.<

I still have no idea where this "defensive potential" stuff comes from.
Defensive Potential is a Pokemon's defense * HP. It can be used to compare Pokemon who have differing HP Scores in their defenses. I mean, it's clear that Forretress (75 Base HP and 140 base defense) is more defensive than Skarmory (65 Base HP and 140 base Defense), but what about when it comes to Skarmory versus Hippowdon (108 base HP and 118 base defense)? It's much harder to tell which is better, since one has higher defense and the other has higher HP. However, you can use Defensive potential. Assuming 252 HP and defense EVs and a Positive Nature on both, we see that Hippowdon has 420 HP and 368 Defense for a total defensive potential of 154560. Skarmory, on the other hand, has 334 HP and 416 Defense, for a total defensive potential of 138944, showing that Hippowdon is better defensively.

I did much better on this one...I missed only 3, one because of stupidity, one out of laziness (Too lazy to calculate Defensive potential on a buncha suspects), and one because I included UU (Because it's in OU, the answers would be Heracross and Toxicroak)

This was my Blissey set, before the question was changed so that you could pick unrealistic moves:

CopycatBliss@Chople Berry
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
-Mimic
-Copycat
-Protect
-Refresh

The point was to beat your opponent by...mimicking :p. Choose either Mimic or Copycat based on the circumstances (I was surprised to find out that they actually work differently) and use Protect to scout. Refresh keeps you free from status, haha. Chople Berry may let you survive a fighting attack XD. But yeah, imagine hitting a Gyarados with its own Waterfall...amazing, right?

i got like a something 60, I pretty much just guessed most of the time. i even forgot i was taking the quiz lol. most of the questions were pretty pointless like some shitty ass RMT or that defensive potential bs.

I didn't know we could create a blissey :[

I used
Blissey@leftovers
252def/252spdef/4hp
-Flash
-Charm
-Icy Wind
-Softboiled

There's no stupid name for it its just almost impossible to setup against it unless you're running sub!

This was enjoyable and a nice way to burn a few minutes. I'll admit I guessed randomly when a Defensive or Hidden Power question showed up.

By the way, this is my Blissey. I know that the moveset could be illegal if we wanted, but I didn't need to do so.

Don't hit me!
Blissey @ BrightPowder
252 Def / 252 HP / 6 SpDef
-Double Team
-Flash
-Substitute
-Protect

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oh i was thinking poison and dark for some reason <_<, and lol on question 23 i answered the name of the poke

Weird computer error stopped me from seeing my score, guessing around a 70% minimum. All fear Blissey!

Blissey @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe w/ 0 IV Def and SpD
~Power Swap
~Guard Swap
~Return
~Softboiled/Earthquake/Brick Break

Most counters to Blissey have high Defense (Tyranitar, Metagross, etc.). This set uses Guard Swap to give the opponent low defenses before Power Swapping to boost its Attack sky-high (for Blissey), opening them up for a sweep. With Softboiled, you can PP stall just about anything that walls this set, especially if you got Tyranitar defenses. Earthquake hits Rocks/Steels except Skarmory, Bronzong, and Aerodactyl. Brick Break has neutral coverage on them but is weaker against Metagross, Jirachi, and Heatran.

The choice between Leftovers and Life Orb depends on whether you want survivability or power. It's recommended to use Leftovers without Softboiled, and Life Orb with it. EV's/IV's create maximum defenses after a Power Swap while giving your opponent low defenses.

Got an 84% :D

My Bliss set was:
OHKOBliss@ Brightpowder
Bold 252Def/252SpD/6 HP
Mind Reader
Sheer Cold
Softboiled
Double Team

This was a fun quiz, and harder than the last one. It took me like, 20 minutes to remember theorymon XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)