5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm trying to fish a female Rash Dratini with perfect IVs. *snip* Is there a difference between catching Pokémon in grass with cathing them by fishing or surfing?
Could you please post which seed you are using.

The most likely cause is that NPCs are advancing the PIDRNG making you off.

There is a difference between the methods but if you selected the correct method you should be fine.

Is there anyway I can get the Alpha of the latest RNG Reporter? Or will the current 9.95 work with White 2 if I use the right combination of parameter controls?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, there are more differences between the games than just parameters, so you'll have to use 9.96. For future reference, a link to the latest build is always available in #smogonwifi.
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new White, and ID abusing. Might someone be able to walk me through finding a good seed to id abuse my game around?
Unless you want a specific number or are going for a shiny roamer, there's not much point in 5th gen ID abuse. But if you want to do it, just search for a seed that has the IVs you want and put it into Pandora's Box when you search.

No, there are more differences between the games than just parameters, so you'll have to use 9.96. For future reference, a link to the latest build is always available in #smogonwifi.

Unless you want a specific number or are going for a shiny roamer, there's not much point in 5th gen ID abuse. But if you want to do it, just search for a seed that has the IVs you want and put it into Pandora's Box when you search.
Ok, that sounds awesome! Secondly, I just lost my DS Lite... Is rnging on a DSI or a 3DS harder--how is it different if at all?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Is not much different, in the DSi everything is the same, however, you'll need to use an external clock as the console's clock doesn't have a seconds hand. For the 3Ds you'll have to start the game 8 seconds before, unlike the 1 second used in the other consoles.

Is there any way you can post this outside of IRC? I personally loathe it and will never enter a chat room for certain reasons.

-James

Is there any way you can post this outside of IRC? I personally loathe it and will never enter a chat room for certain reasons.

-James
Its just the alpha version- which is not complete yet. When the Beta comes out it will be posted in the RNG thread like always Im sure, but you could put the link to it in your sig or something so you dont have to wade through the thread to find it later.

Please I need help, I'm new in Smogon and I followed the guide for Standard Abuse, I'm trying to capture a Flawless Virizion no shiny and I have done the method PIDRNG for a shiny one but then I retracted myself and only want a non shiny Flawless Virizion by the IV(Standard Seed) way but when I tried to do this, a I have got no seeds but I have alredy caprtured my Flawless Cobalion and Terrakion this way and I don't understand what I am doing Wrong. Please Help me.

Hey guys; I'm new to the forums (long time smogon.com user) and I was hoping you could point me in the direction of a guide for beginners specifically BW shiny breeding. What I've seen on Smogon so far assumes I know much more than I currently do and as a result I have many unanswered questions.

Hey guys; I'm new to the forums (long time smogon.com user) and I was hoping you could point me in the direction of a guide for beginners specifically BW shiny breeding. What I've seen on Smogon so far assumes I know much more than I currently do and as a result I have many unanswered questions.
This proves to be most helpful to me.

Lastly, I know you have to click start a second earlier on a DS Lite and 8 seconds earlier on a 3DS, but what about a regular DS?
yes he right above 1 sec ahead for a ds and a dslite, it helps the screen load for a sec....the only one that different is the 3ds...sweet a rng thread...my help will be and others help for me will pay off :D

Could you please post which seed you are using.

The most likely cause is that NPCs are advancing the PIDRNG making you off.

There is a difference between the methods but if you selected the correct method you should be fine.
My bad, I just realized that I forgot to change the max frame from 8 to 1, so I'm guessing I actually had to advance the IV frame before trying to fish.

Timer0 C7F
VCount 60
VFrame 8

Ok, so I got those for my parameters... does that mean I input those into my configuration? And after that... I can start rnging again, right?

Timer0: C7E-C7F
VCount: 60-60

Edit: I tried it again and got a Timer0 of C80, VCount 60, VFrame 8... what do I officially fill in?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Timer0 C7F
VCount 60
VFrame 8

Ok, so I got those for my parameters... does that mean I input those into my configuration? And after that... I can start rnging again, right?

Timer0: C7E-C7F
VCount: 60-60

Edit: I tried it again and got a Timer0 of C80, VCount 60, VFrame 8... what do I officially fill in?
I'm assuming you're using White on a DS Lite based on those parameters. You'll probably hit C7F more often, but do your parameters a couple more times to be sure. Then I'd suggest using only the more common one for your parameters, because it's not worth the trouble of trying to use seeds for both. Once that's done, yeah, you can start RNGing again. Just make sure you also put in the correct MAC address and everything.

I'm assuming you're using White on a DS Lite based on those parameters. You'll probably hit C7F more often, but do your parameters a couple more times to be sure. Then I'd suggest using only the more common one for your parameters, because it's not worth the trouble of trying to use seeds for both. Once that's done, yeah, you can start RNGing again. Just make sure you also put in the correct MAC address and everything.
I'm using a dsphat and I put in the correct mac address...

Edit: Ok, I've gotten C7F, 60, and 8 like four times now... Should I not even bother looking for my other Timer0?

Hi just wanted a quick bit of advice on Black White 2 rng. I'm using gamecart and dslite.
I'm sure i've rng'd my id/sid correctly but i'm struggling to locate initial pidrng. I have landed on the correct seed but it is nowhere near what it states it should be on rng reporter i'm using 9.96 alpha 12. Starting frame should be 60 but on sweet-scenting & catching pokemon i got the correct seed but was on starting frame 106?
My id/sid is 28106 03004 with seed 0529DCD829F0708E should be lonely (synchable) 30/31/30/31/31/31 hp ice on shiny on frame 66. So if i'm correct i'm never going to get my shiny frame.
I'm unsure if locations have been fully mapped but i caught a level 5 lillipup relaxed with 30/31/30/31/31/31 ability vital spirit (0) i had no relaxed synchable poke in front so i found a list on pokemondb and it appears to be location 45 which is only area with level 5 lillipup encounter slot 4 which all lines up with rng reporter
so has anyone with knowledge rng'd there id/sid on gamecart had similar problems?
if initial frames in black/white 2 are starting over frame 100+ then i need to re-do id/sid abuse as i'm never going to hit shiny pid frame 60
i know its early days in rng black/white 2 but anyones help would be great

Okay, so I'm trying to RNG abuse a perfect Wondercard Victini. I follow all the steps but don't get my desired IVs and nature. So I use the adjacent seed button and find the spread I hit but everything (the timer0, the date, the time) match except for the seed itself. So what do I change in order to get the desired seed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)