1. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Are you using keypresses? If not, try it, that should give you a lot more results. If you are, then I don't know why you aren't getting more.

IVs for wild Pokémon (and the bred IVs, but they're partially overwritten by inheritance) are separate from the PID frame, so if you get the right IVs on the capture then that means you hit the seed but did the wrong number of Chatters.
  2. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #CyberDragonRevolution!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Entralink Abuse for PPRNG users is now live. Link is also provided in sig. Any questions or anything to fine tune, lemme know.

Oh, and Donut, did you link PoJ's guide to the front? If not, may I link both guides somewhere in the first page?
  3. Rival J

Rival J

I seem to be having problems trying to RNG egg's, to be specific a shiny litwick. This is honestly my first trying to RNG and I can't really find out where my problem is. I start the game and use sweet scent to immediately catch a pokemon and use pokecheck to get it's exact IV's. Then using all the information I found a good frame to hit and I tried a couple of times but I never got it and eventually I got a litwick with a nature that was nowhere in the list of possibilities. I just don't quite know what I'm doing wrong. Does saving after you catch the pokemon as you log in mess up the seed? I also know that with all the moving NPC's near the old man can change the frame but are there any tricks or advice that you guys can give me to counter that problem and also and tips to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
  4. voodoo pimp

Your post is a little unclear at points, did you find your parameters? If so, what are they?
    When you hit the wrong seed, try using the Adjacent Seed Tool and compare the IVs to see if you're hitting the wrong Timer0 or second.
    Saving after you catch the Pokémon doesn't change anything, everything about it is set by that point.
    There's nothing you can do about NPCs except deal with it; however, the top floor of Celestial Tower is NPC-free so you can RNG Litwick there without dealing with them (just make sure to use the right floor's encounter slots).
  5. Rival J

Rival J

I don't really understand the encounter slots, how difficult are they?
  6. voodoo pimp

Encounter slots just tell you which Pokémon you will encounter. For instance, on the top floor of Celestial Tower Litwick is in slots 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10, so you would need to make sure that your target frame is one of those.
  7. Rival J

Rival J

So I got the parameters set and used time finder. Now do I just pick one of the seeds it gave me and put it in the seed(hex) slot on the main RNG panel?
  8. voodoo pimp

Right, but make sure to change the method to Gen 5 PIDRNG first. Then hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame, then Generate, then see how many frames away your target is.
  9. Zelen

Zelen

Hey, I'm just testing RNG abuse on retail version of Black 2. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha 10 and it doesn't seem to find my DS lite's parameters (European DS Lite). Just wondering if BW2 support is mainly for emulators at this moment?

// I'd like to try to search with wider Timer0 range but dunno how. : D

// Nvm I found my parameters after 3rd attempt
  10. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Would you mind posting what parameters you got? Also if it's retail or a flashcart, because those ranges are supposed to be correct for retail cards.
  11. Zelen

Zelen

Retail Black 2, fresh from Japan
    Actual Seconds 47 (I did hit A at 46)
    VCount 82
    Timer0 1103, 1104, 1107,
    GxStat 6
    Vframe 6

Then couple of unknown like this one:

[​IMG]

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1521121
    date is june 27th.

// After 5 captures it seems I hit 1103 most often.
  12. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Alright so you are usually hitting within the ranges Reporter uses. Searching though a huge timer0 range I can't seem to find that one you got so I can only guess you accidentally did something wrong, like a keypress or entering the wrong time on your DS.
  13. Zelen

Zelen

Allright, thanks. :)
  14. i1338

i1338

Are there any plans for a future version of RNG Reporter to allow searching within multiple years in the time finder?
  15. Edu

Edu

Is it possible to get the mousquetaire trio in their shiny form? In B/W 2 of course.
  16. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

In B/W2 the musketeer trio is prevented from being shiny. Reshiram and Zekrom continue to not be shiny, as well as all in-game hidden ability encounters.
  17. Dark Ray

Dark Ray Here to bug you
    is a Pre-Contributor

Pretty sure that was an error, Muskedeers can still be shiny, I'll try and find the post that said that and edit it in.
    EDIT: Found it, actually a few relevant posts from the B2/W2 thread in Orange Islands. Post by Kaphotics confirming it.
    And a couple quotes for any other can X be shiny questions.
  18. Deltablazy

Deltablazy

Quick question, although I am familiar with RNG mechanics, I dont use RNG frequently enough to know it all.

When searching for an IV seed in time finder for eggs, is it necessary to set min/max frames to 8 or can I get away with leaving it at 1?
  19. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

Quick question guys. Does having a shiny synchronizer have anything to do with the shininess of the poke I will catch? I've been trying to capture a shiny Terrakion and I'm pretty sure I hit my seed, but the poke ends up non shiny when the seed guarantees shininess. Any help would be appreciated.
  20. Edu

Edu

In Min / Max Advances I like to use 10 to Min. and 50 to Max. I've been very happy doing this way. The WNPCs of the DayCare's route use to advance my Intital PID frame by 5 Frames(counting the time that I take to go see my party to use my Chattot).

PS: Sorry about my bad English.
  21. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Nothing at all. Make sure your chatots have a recorded chatter, as chatter goes back to narmal when you deposit chatot.
  22. voodoo pimp

You don't need to set an IV frame for egg RNG, unless your version of Reporter is really outdated. I suggest 10 as a minimum for the PID frame like Edu said, and the max can be as high as you're willing to count Chatters.
  23. Deltablazy

Deltablazy

Then what is the difference between using the gift pokemon encounter type under capture tab and the egg tab when RNGing eggs.
  24. voodoo pimp

The Gift Pokémon type is for Pokémon that are given to you by a NPC, like fossils or the Magikarp salesman. The egg tab is for, well, eggs.
  25. Deltablazy

Deltablazy

About RNGing with 3DS, the same techniques apply as with the DS lite except that I need to launch the game 8 seconds before the indicated time instead of 1 second, am I correct?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)