1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. lm925781

lm925781

1.Go to capture tab in time finder.
    2.Set the IVs, nature and stuff you want.
    3.Method choose IVs(Standard seed), Encounter type choose whatever you're targeting.(Not familiar with wild caputring, hope someone can help)
    4.If you want a shiny, click search for nearby shiny frames and fill in how many chatters you're willing to go through at maximum.
    5.Got your seed, copy it back to the main window.

6.You now got an IV seed, so you'd like to know how many chatters will give you the right nature, so in the main window,
    >paste the seed and click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame,
    >choose the right Encounter type,
    >set the synchronizer if any
    and hit generate.

7.A list will be generated. Right click on the list and choose display characteristics. Click get IVs from IVRNG thing then OK.
    8.Hit the seed, do the chatters then sweet scent(I guess), catch the poke and verify its IVs and characteristic.
    9.Done
  2. superacestar

superacestar

I got up to step 5, howver i right click on the seed i want to copy, press copy to clipboard howver when i go back to the mainmenu i cant find an option to paste. Could this be because im using RNG Reporter 9.95 Beta?
  3. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Ctrl+V?
  4. lm925781

lm925781

I'm not sure...I personally use 9.96 alpha 17 so it isn't an issue to me.
    If that really bothers you, you may copy that down on a piece of paper and type it by yourself I guess.

Edit: Or download the latest version of RNG Reporter ;)
  5. superacestar

superacestar

Still doesnt work :(
  6. voodoo pimp

Really? That shouldn't have anything to do with the Reporter version. Are you sure you're selecting the Seed (Hex) box first?
  7. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

you could also right click + paste .-.
  8. superacestar

superacestar

Ive pasted it into 'Seed(hex)' but not all of the digits of the seed has pasted. Is it supossed to do this or should i type the full seed manually?

sry wrong function solved part of the problem
  9. superacestar

superacestar

Ok i set the stuff i wanted (nature, e.t.c) and a result came up. Since I selected gen 5 PIDRNG is the 'frame' column for the IVRNG or PIDRNG?

Also how do i find the initial PIDRNG?

And finally, under chatot pitch it says ' Mid(44)', does this mean that i use chatot 44times?
  10. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

are you doing this in the main page? if you're then you're doing it wrong. Just paste the seed and select the type of RNging you're doing, don't fill up stuff such as nature, ivs, encounter slot, etc. don't. The frame column is the PId. Click on "calculate initial PID"

no, that just means how strong the chatter will sound in that frame. to calculate how many frames you need to advance use this formula [target frame]-[initial frame]-[the number of advancements that occur while you walk]
  11. superacestar

superacestar

Is it possible for me to pm you print screens of what i am doing, so you can see what im doing wrong?

i think ive jus got it ill would like to d the above if there are any problems :)
  12. ares9090

ares9090

I read Kaphotics saying somewhere that never advance the RNG by walking because there are step counters that advance the RNG.

I experienced this when trying to get a Shiny Kyurem, a dustcloud was appearing and I blamed it for throwing out my calculations, after several tries I decided to check which frame I was hitting by capturing the Pokemon without advancing the PIDRNG with Chatot, used that number as my shifted starting frame, I substracted that ssf from my target frame to determine the amount of advances I had to do after I was in front of Kyurem.
  13. PoJ

PoJ

Oh, I forgot to mention. If you're walking in an area that has wild Pokemon, but you're not actually in the patch of grass / water, then the PID frame advances about every 20 steps. So, 6 advances came from the 128 steps and 1 from walking into the grass patch (walking in an area with wild Pokemon is not always 2, sometimes it's 1, I even heard it advances by 3 sometimes). I don't think the shaking patch had anything to do with it. But, those 7 advancements shouldn't be a problem unless you passed up your target frame :)
  14. superacestar

superacestar

Ok. I pressed the calculate intial PIDRNG button and the 'starting frame' value changed to 38 .

Using the formula, do i do 110 (number in the nearby shiny column in the 5 gen time finder)-38

or is there another step?
  15. PoJ

PoJ

Yes, that's right. That's how many PID frame advancements you need to do (unless there are NPCs; then you need to find your shifted starting frame).

Edit: Click generate so you can see all of your PID frames.
  16. Shii

Shii zap
    is a Forum Moderator

I've taken at least 400 steps in my White2 and my hidden hollows are not generating with pokemon OR items. I don't know why. Help?
  17. voodoo pimp

Are you RNGing the hollows?
  18. Shii

Shii zap
    is a Forum Moderator

Yes ;-;

I did everything correctly. I verified my seed (using Chatot), I advanced to the correct frame (also using Chatot), I walked and walked and WALKED and nothing generated. Absolutely nothing. No items, no pokemon. And I don't know why. Maybe it skipped me. Maybe the game hates me. Maybe the world was like "Hey, lets ruin Katherine's day because she SUX".
  19. superacestar

superacestar

PIDRNGing a shiny (capture)

After a long time I finally hit the seed and PID frame twice (wellspring cave), I checked with the seed and the nature and iv's corresponded however it was not shiny -_-

When generating the seed in the time finder, I ticked nearby. Shiny frames however I did not fill in the trainer and SID because I did not have a shiny pokemon to calculate the SID. Could this be the problem?
  20. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

That is most definitely the problem. You NEED YOUR TID and SID. There is no way around it.
  21. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

I don't know how much you use PPRNG these days, but there's a guide for Hidden Hollow generation abuse in the second post of the PPRNG thread.
  22. emboars

emboars

guys i recently had to format my computer . and lost all my data.. so i downloaded the rng reporter..but i cant find pika timer anywhere to download.. i used it to rng in BW .i tried the eon timer and others but its hard to use them than pikatimer for me..so can you guys give me a link to download pikatimer please...

Thank you..
  23. PoJ

PoJ

If you ever lose Pikatimer again, it's on the first page of the Most Generations RNG Help thread, you have to scroll down a bit. Here's the link (Idk if it works but it should).
  24. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

ares9090, do you mean the PIDRNG advancements Princess of Johto mentioned as well?

Princess of Johto: Is that so? Did not know/see that before. O.o Seems I'll have to take that into account for future walk-arounds for advancing both frames.
  25. emboars

emboars

thank you POJ but that link doesn't work..it says file not found...:(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)