1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. PoJ

PoJ

2. OriginForme

OriginForme

So...if i want to rng those japanese wondercards with no shiny check,how would i set up the reporter to search for shiny seeds?"May be shiny" option in shininess and tick "shiny only"?
    I'm using 9.96 alpha 16
  3. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's always worked fine for me; only thing I can think of is that you ended up on the wrong frame somehow. Did you try again?
    You absolutely need to enter your ID/SID to get any kind of shiny - by not filling those in, it searched for shinies as if they were both 0. Note that catching a shiny Pokémon will not help you in Gen 5, but you can use either an AR code or Pokécheck to find it, or if you can't do either of those things you can trade one of your Pokémon to someone who can.
  4. Crazyfish

Crazyfish

Breeding Help?

So I'm trying to RNG breed a Shiny Larvesta but I'm having trouble hitting the seed. I'm thinking it's due to the NPC's advancing my frame. Any tips on how to remedy this and get my prize? I'd appreciate it.

In the meantime I'm just gonna keep at it. Hopefully I won't need any assistance.
  5. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Hit your seed, chatter once, cancel menu and immediately take the egg. Fly to victory road, capture the first pokemon you encounter, put the nature, stats, and characteristic on the pokedex iv checker to calculate ivs (result is a range). Go to main window of rng reporter, set the drop down to Gen V IVs (Standard Seed), set starting frame to 14. Look at frames 14-20, if they match, congratulations, proceed to hatch the egg and determine your Shifted Starting Frame, the hint would be the nature of the egg, and the IVs (most SSFs are on the 55-60 range so you may want to look into that). So to calculate for your final result, reset and hit your seed again, and use the formula [(Target Frame-SSF)+1]=number of chatters. You should get your shiny egg now.
  6. emboars

emboars

Thx POJ that worked...thank you..
  7. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

Could somebody please help me with this: I calibrated my ds parameter by soft resetting. (I had the soft reset box checked without pressing any buttons. I try holding X while resetting and now I can't find any results.
  8. emboars

emboars

i dont think its possible to do keypress right when soft resetting.i suggest you load the game from the menu instead of softresetting. and if oyu are not using keypress ,soft reset is fine.but you will not get much perfect seeds without keypresses..
  9. Crazyfish

Crazyfish

I managed to get two shiny flawless larvesta egg today. I finally figured out breeding. Idk what to RNG next... Maybe a shiny sawsbuck.
  10. lm925781

lm925781

Is there any AR codes that can let me freeze the roamer's PID to a desired value? I'm just losing confidence against this.
  11. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

Unfortunately no :(

I've tried it, I just do the whole trial-and-error thing.
    Also good if you do save states during your shiny roamer RNG.
    PokeGen also helps in determining your PID that you hit, to let you know how near you are to your target frame.
  12. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

Thank you. I thought my game was messed up.
  13. PsyJ

PsyJ

Halp Plz :)

Okay.While I just learned how to RNG a couple of months ago, I've become somewhat okay at it, and while I initially said I wouldn't ask for help because I would rather figure it out myself and learn through trial and error, this one has me completely stumped.....

I'm trying to breed a shiny scraggy with 31/31/31/X/31/0 with a Brave Nature and Moxie using RNG Reporter 9.96. I'm using a Scrafty with IVs of 31/31/31/6/31/0 Brave and a flawless ditto. RNG Reporter finds a seed, Which is Shiny, Brave, Moxie and 31/31/31/25/31/00, on Frame 62. I get in get in game and hit my seed, and verify with Chatots and hatch. I get shiny, brave, moxie. I upload it to Pokecheck to Check IVs and its 22/31/31/25/31/0. Which is would be frame 63, except frame 63 isn't shiny according to RNG reporter.Figuring I input some data wrong, I find another seed, with brave, moxie, and 31/31/31/19/31/0 on frame 65. I hit that seed verify with Chatots again, and hatch. Again, I got what was on frame 66, but shiny, When RNG reporter says it isn't shiny. 21/31/31/19/31/0. The strange part, is that the PIDs on both pokemon match up to what RNG reporter says they are, except without the 31s in HP.

I'm not sure if its a problem on my end, so I came here asking for help. Thank you in advance if you can help me on this. If necessary, I can provide screen shots of RNG Reporter, showing the seed and the frames, and pokecheck ID numbers of the scraggys.

DS MAC Address: 0009BF14123C
    First target seed: 951DAB837CE6A118, target frame 62
    Second target seed: 4E0AA5885EBD8B8D, target frame 65
    ID/SID: 28746/ 64936

Again, Thanks in advance. :)
  14. lm925781

lm925781

Okay guy.jpg :(

Well I'm doing it on a retail cart so it's nearly impossible for me to create a save state. My bad:(

Idk if other systems with different parameters can hit the same seed,
    but I'd like help from anyone, thanks!

Game: English White
    ID/SID: 42614/38508
    Seed: D2504A0ACC4E906F
    Target IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
    Target Frame: 641
    Coz I have a save extractor, I know my SSF after 5 chatters is 462.
    I'm keep doing false results from 151-200 chatters(could provide the .xls file later), after >173 chatters the SSF becomes random-crazy stuffs.

Need help from everyone that can help me to do chatters and verify the shininess of the roamer. I can provide the save file for that. Thanks!!
  15. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

did you mark up you're using a ditto parent?
  16. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

I have a ds lite. I play Pokemon black on my r4. I was calibrating my game to get my timer0 and I found it. I went to eat then came back and tried to see if it changed when I held down a button (X) but then I couldn't find any results. I went back to holding no buttons but I still found no results. Can anybody help me with this?
  17. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

It is pretty much impossible to RNG using a flashcart, everything varies too much.
  18. Loukas

Loukas

I heard that some users were able to find their parameters using flash carts but not on all flashcards. Maybe it's impossible on an R4.
  19. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

So I should probably rng on an emulator?
  20. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

do it on a retail cart :/
  21. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

but im thinking of getting black 2 so im saving for it.
  22. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

There's a nasty breeding glitch in B/W2 that makes egg RNG abuse quite difficult.
  23. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

aww. But good news is I found my perimeters I had to widen the search by 2 letters for timer0

Nvm it changed again. :/
  24. PsyJ

PsyJ

Yeah. i thought that was my mistake, but after rechecking everything i have it checked in both the time finder and the main window. So I'm really not sure what's going on. :(
  25. mzenken

mzenken

What version of RNG Reporter 9.96 are you using?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)