5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is there a way I can RNG pokerus? I want to have 100% legit pokerus for when I try to EV train.
No not really.

Unfortunately not possible to me, as my OS is WinXP and it demands a version of .NET Framework not accessable for WinXP.
By the way I checked the HP IV and it is 28, which is the same value again like my scizor. I think the Reporter does some mistakes at choosing which stats are inherited or so.. I'll just grab an older version again, I can live without multiple profiles (though the Reporter doesn't properly work at my friend's PC and I can't easily grab his results at my Reporter, too xD). And by now I can live with 28 HP, flawless would look better, but that's really decent, too (28/5*31). ^^

Greetings,
There will be a final Windows XP compatible version. I'd double check that the Scizor is actually male not female. Since if it's female instead of male the results make sense.

um any help with this guys..on shiny wondercard glitch..
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4386448&postcount=15195
It's not a bug. It's more a feature which hasn't been properly researched and implemented. GLAN wondercard PID generation isn't accurate. It'll get added eventually.

What search values do you have in the Seed to Time? Try to make the +/- Delay and +/- Seconds wider, and make sure the min/max frames also have a wide range. I would try +/-999 delay, +/-5 seconds, and min frame 21 and max 30.
I have it set to +/- 999 delay already, and +/- 9 seconds. My target frame is 30, so min frame is set to 21 and max 35... it also didn't find anything when I set max frame to 40.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I have it set to +/- 99 delay already, and +/- 9 seconds. My target frame is 30, so min frame is set to 21 and max 35... it also didn't find anything when I set max frame to 40.
What version of RNG reporter are you using? I had the same problem using 9.96. Try 9.95 instead. That fixed the problem for me. There seemed to be a problem in 9.96's seed to time finder.

What is your target PID Frame? It is pretty hard to find an SSF, but since it's summer and there's no thunder like there is with Thundurus, I would say your SSF is either 550 or 585, maybe 499. I would try advancing the PID frame by 1 to see what you hit, and then compare those to what you got with 0 calls and see which ones are the closest. (if that makes sense)

When you start adding Chatot advancements things start to get pretty random and you can't really use a simple subtraction problem to figure out how many advancements you need, so hitting a target PID is mostly up to luck. Just try advancing by different numbers and see what you can get. That's all I can say to help :/
Yikes this really sucks! Thanks for the advice, I will try a few more times with 0/1 advances and see if I can figure it out :]

Hi, I've been very successful with RNG on my Black version so far, except in breeding/catching shiny pokemon. I used AR to find my secret ID, but pokemon that should be showing up shiny are the normal color instead. IVs, nature, gender, ability are all what the reporter predicted, but just no shiny. My suspicion is that the AR code gave me the wrong SID, but I'm unable to use pokecheck (I can get my DS onto my college's network fine, but as soon as I change the primary DNS, I can't connect) to try and figure it out myself. Is there possibly something I'm doing wrong, or should I trade a pokemon to someone who can check my SID?

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Hi, I've been very successful with RNG on my Black version so far, except in breeding/catching shiny pokemon. I used AR to find my secret ID, but pokemon that should be showing up shiny are the normal color instead. IVs, nature, gender, ability are all what the reporter predicted, but just no shiny. My suspicion is that the AR code gave me the wrong SID, but I'm unable to use pokecheck (I can get my DS onto my college's network fine, but as soon as I change the primary DNS, I can't connect) to try and figure it out myself. Is there possibly something I'm doing wrong, or should I trade a pokemon to someone who can check my SID?

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95.
Try uploading the Pokemon that should be shiny to pokecheck.

I'm using 9.95 Beta. I do have my wanderer loose, but he's not in the zone that I am.
The roamer still can advance the PIDRNG frame in that case. Swarms are also able to advance the PIDRNG frame if your save file was last saved a day or more before the target seed day. Kill or capture it and save with the clock at the date of the target seed or find a different seed.

Hello, I have a question, I'm breeding a Dratini with 31 in all IVs. I know I hit my target frame and the PID provided by pokecheck matches with that from RNG Reporter, yet the Special Defense IV is 2 instead of 31. Any ideas?

Here are some helpful screens

And the result, as you can see, PID matches (well, you can't see the last 3 characters but it does match)

Thanks a lot!

OH WAIT, I know, Dratini is the mother, not the father!!! LOL

I was reading the main BW RNG Guide for roamers, and I didn't see anything about abusing natures.
Do you have to keep hitting your target until you get the nature you want?

I was reading the main BW RNG Guide for roamers, and I didn't see anything about abusing natures.
Do you have to keep hitting your target until you get the nature you want?
Yes, that's the easiest way to do it if you're not going for shiny. Every time you hit your seed make sure you advance the PID frame differently so you'll get a different nature.

Alright, so I am trying to RNG Thundurus. I can't figure out my starting frame?
I am able to hit my seed and get the IVs but I still haven't been able to get a Timid nature.
Since I can't find my starting frame, I am hitting my seed and trying different numbers of Chatot chatters (first 1, then 2, then 3, then...) and I keep getting
Quiet natures (and sometimes Gentle or Relaxed). Is there an easier way to go about doing this rather than just increasing chatot flips by 1 each time? Or do I just need to slog it out till I hit a Timid frame?

Sup guys. I've been getting back in Pokemon quite lately, thus started RNG'ing again. I assume RNG in BW2 is the exact same as in BW1? Also, when encountering the one of the Lati twins in the Dreamyard, are their sets set when you first encounter their sprite or at the moment you engage into battle with them?

Thanks in advance!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sup guys. I've been getting back in Pokemon quite lately, thus started RNG'ing again. I assume RNG in BW2 is the exact same as in BW1? Also, when encountering the one of the Lati twins in the Dreamyard, are their sets set when you first encounter their sprite or at the moment you engage into battle with them?

Thanks in advance!
Breeding is messed up (stick to BW1 if possible) and Entralink no longer uses delay, but captures/gifts/Wonder Cards are basically the same.

The Latis are set when you battle them.

I realized why I wasn't getting good results.
I saved in the house before seeing the season change screen :(
This means I have to RNG Thundurus in the spring (rain)

So my starting frame should now be between 1500 and 1900?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I realized why I wasn't getting good results.
I saved in the house before seeing the season change screen :(
This means I have to RNG Thundurus in the spring (rain)

So my starting frame should now be between 1500 and 1900?
In my experience, spring doesn't always have rainy days. It depends on the date I think.
But if it rains, I think you'll go for a target frame between 1500-1900 like you said.

BTW, when Thundurus flees it will like rain hard before stopping.
But if there's still a moderate rain after the heavy rain, the frames will advance more, compared to when the heavy rain stops right away without moderate rain in between.

First of all, a big thank you to every contributor who made RNGing on B/W possible and so user friendly.

I have one but silly question: in the Time Finder, Egg tab, what does exactly "Min/Max Advances" state for ? Are these the theorical chatot chatters needed to land on the right PIDRNG seed ?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I have one but silly question: in the Time Finder, Egg tab, what does exactly "Min/Max Advances" state for ? Are these the theorical chatot chatters needed to land on the right PIDRNG seed ?
Just what it says.
You can decide how many frames you have to advance from the initial frame of your seed. And also the minimum advancements necessary.
And the search results depends on what you input on the min & max.

Example, if the initial frame of a seed is at frame x, and if you put the min advancements as 5, & max as 300... the results will show your target frames between frame x+5 to frame x+300.

Finally, finally finally got a timid 31/30/30/31/31/31 HP Ice Thundurus. God that was the hardest RNG ever. So much trial and error and frames moving however they felt like...

Anyways, I just had a quick question. Is there any NPC free zone to RNG a wild frillish/jellicent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)