1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Technically possible, but since the check happens at the end of the battle, it's on the level of RNGing Tornadus/Thundurus at the E4. Might be doable on emulator, but don't bother, just get Pokérus from somebody else.
  2. Darki

Darki

Unfortunately not possible to me, as my OS is WinXP and it demands a version of .NET Framework not accessable for WinXP.
    By the way I checked the HP IV and it is 28, which is the same value again like my scizor. I think the Reporter does some mistakes at choosing which stats are inherited or so.. I'll just grab an older version again, I can live without multiple profiles (though the Reporter doesn't properly work at my friend's PC and I can't easily grab his results at my Reporter, too xD). And by now I can live with 28 HP, flawless would look better, but that's really decent, too (28/5*31). ^^

Greetings,
  3. emboars

emboars

4. MiloticMistress

MiloticMistress

Having problems learning how to do Entralink RNG abuse. I've done 4th gen abuse before so I have some experience hitting delays and whatnot, but the problem I have is when trying to calibrate.
    I have the Seed to Time finder set up like the picture in the tutorial tells me to, but when I search for the Pokemon's IVs I get no result. Any help?
    I'm trying to RNG an Arceus in the Forest Clearing, with seed 73CEF276 if it helps. Making sure to soft-reset when I start the game as I'm on a retail White cart
  5. Troggy

Troggy

Hi, need some help with RNG abusing my roamer in Black (Tornadus). I've been doing some trials, and I am having trouble figuring out what my shifted starting frame is. Target IV spread is 31/31/31/31/31/31.

Details:
    Seed - 7541AAD0E8D3DD36
    2/19/2012
    12:43:36
    C7C
    B-R-Y

Results:
    0 Chatot Calls
    Lonely (Mischievous): (499), 550, 646, 708, (813)
    Sassy (Often Dozes Off): 585, 611, 666

10 Chatot Calls
    Lax (Alert to Sounds): (533), 628, 721
    Relaxed: (Alert to Sounds): 568, 583, 602, 616, 691, (847)

Notes: Season is summer, so I was looking between frames 550 and 750, numbers in ( ) are outside of that range but close.

Looking for any insights / advice so I can get this project over with -__-
  6. PoJ

PoJ

What search values do you have in the Seed to Time? Try to make the +/- Delay and +/- Seconds wider, and make sure the min/max frames also have a wide range. I would try +/-999 delay, +/-5 seconds, and min frame 21 and max 30.

What is your target PID Frame? It is pretty hard to find an SSF, but since it's summer and there's no thunder like there is with Thundurus, I would say your SSF is either 550 or 585, maybe 499. I would try advancing the PID frame by 1 to see what you hit, and then compare those to what you got with 0 calls and see which ones are the closest. (if that makes sense)

When you start adding Chatot advancements things start to get pretty random and you can't really use a simple subtraction problem to figure out how many advancements you need, so hitting a target PID is mostly up to luck. Just try advancing by different numbers and see what you can get. That's all I can say to help :/
  7. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

No not really.

There will be a final Windows XP compatible version. I'd double check that the Scizor is actually male not female. Since if it's female instead of male the results make sense.

It's not a bug. It's more a feature which hasn't been properly researched and implemented. GLAN wondercard PID generation isn't accurate. It'll get added eventually.
  8. emboars

emboars

Oh i thought i was doing something wrong...thanx :D
  9. MiloticMistress

MiloticMistress

I have it set to +/- 999 delay already, and +/- 9 seconds. My target frame is 30, so min frame is set to 21 and max 35... it also didn't find anything when I set max frame to 40.
  10. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

For what it's worth, if you know someone who can use PPRNG it supports this kind of Wondercard.
  11. basler04

basler04

What version of RNG reporter are you using? I had the same problem using 9.96. Try 9.95 instead. That fixed the problem for me. There seemed to be a problem in 9.96's seed to time finder.
  12. Troggy

Troggy

Yikes this really sucks! Thanks for the advice, I will try a few more times with 0/1 advances and see if I can figure it out :]
  13. MiloticMistress

MiloticMistress

Yeah, 9.96 here. Will try that in a couple of hours, thanks
  14. lm925781

lm925781

Will memory link affect the Roamer's PID stuff in BW1?
  15. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Memory link won't affect anything in B/W1.
  16. LikeALeon

LikeALeon

Hi, I've been very successful with RNG on my Black version so far, except in breeding/catching shiny pokemon. I used AR to find my secret ID, but pokemon that should be showing up shiny are the normal color instead. IVs, nature, gender, ability are all what the reporter predicted, but just no shiny. My suspicion is that the AR code gave me the wrong SID, but I'm unable to use pokecheck (I can get my DS onto my college's network fine, but as soon as I change the primary DNS, I can't connect) to try and figure it out myself. Is there possibly something I'm doing wrong, or should I trade a pokemon to someone who can check my SID?

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95.
  17. enderwiggin

enderwiggin

I'm using 9.95 Beta. I do have my wanderer loose, but he's not in the zone that I am.
  18. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Try uploading the Pokemon that should be shiny to pokecheck.

The roamer still can advance the PIDRNG frame in that case. Swarms are also able to advance the PIDRNG frame if your save file was last saved a day or more before the target seed day. Kill or capture it and save with the clock at the date of the target seed or find a different seed.
  19. Buzzard

Buzzard

Hello, I have a question, I'm breeding a Dratini with 31 in all IVs. I know I hit my target frame and the PID provided by pokecheck matches with that from RNG Reporter, yet the Special Defense IV is 2 instead of 31. Any ideas?

Here are some helpful screens

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the result, as you can see, PID matches (well, you can't see the last 3 characters but it does match)

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot!

OH WAIT, I know, Dratini is the mother, not the father!!! LOL
  20. LikeALeon

LikeALeon

I would, and I've tried, but as I said, I can't. Is there anything else that can be done?
  21. lm925781

lm925781

If you or your friend have another DS system with an R4 that would be easy enough. Trade with the R4 card and use the save editor to look at your poke, done.
  22. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

I was reading the main BW RNG Guide for roamers, and I didn't see anything about abusing natures.
    Do you have to keep hitting your target until you get the nature you want?
  23. PoJ

PoJ

Yes, that's the easiest way to do it if you're not going for shiny. Every time you hit your seed make sure you advance the PID frame differently so you'll get a different nature.
  24. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

Alright, so I am trying to RNG Thundurus. I can't figure out my starting frame?
    I am able to hit my seed and get the IVs but I still haven't been able to get a Timid nature.
    Since I can't find my starting frame, I am hitting my seed and trying different numbers of Chatot chatters (first 1, then 2, then 3, then...) and I keep getting
    Quiet natures (and sometimes Gentle or Relaxed). Is there an easier way to go about doing this rather than just increasing chatot flips by 1 each time? Or do I just need to slog it out till I hit a Timid frame?
  25. Wastum

Wastum

Sup guys. I've been getting back in Pokemon quite lately, thus started RNG'ing again. I assume RNG in BW2 is the exact same as in BW1? Also, when encountering the one of the Lati twins in the Dreamyard, are their sets set when you first encounter their sprite or at the moment you engage into battle with them?

Thanks in advance!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)