5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I need some help with getting a flawless Mystery Gift seed with the program PPRNG 1.13.0. I have RNGd many Pokemon by breeding and have gotten flawless/preferred ivs many times. I'm just having trouble getting started with Mystery Gift RNG. Please PM me if you have a response.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I need some help with getting a flawless Mystery Gift seed with the program PPRNG 1.13.0. I have RNGd many Pokemon by breeding and have gotten flawless/preferred ivs many times. I'm just having trouble getting started with Mystery Gift RNG. Please PM me if you have a response.
Can't help without specifics. What, exactly, have you attempted to do with Mystery Gift?

EDIT:

RESULTS:

I get literally ONE point of Delay off on the IVs, according to my Adjacent Seeds search. So I'm on the right track here.

I get Naughty as my Nature. There are three close-by Naughty natures (shown in picture), but I choose the closest one. 113-50=63 actual advances. I tell EonTimer to Update and it slaps on a Frame Calibration of 16000 (also shown in picture).

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/6NaughtyAdjust.png

ROUND 2 RESULTS:

I get 4 less Delay than my target this time, not close enough to Calibrate for.

Modest Nature. The only Modests I see are even FURTHER from Timid than my last adjustment, as you can see in this picture (left half):

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/7ModestAdjust.png

On top of it all, I'm a little nervous that my Seed to Time window doesn't show all 31s (as shown in right half of above picture).

There's one last thing I'm gonna try - I'm gonna remove this adjustment and try adjusting to the Naughty nature that was in the OPPOSITE direction of the one I adjusted for previously. That was on Frame 131, which is 131-50=81 actual advances. I reset the Frame Calibration on EonTimer, punch 81 into Actual Advances, and hit Update; the Frame Adjustment becomes 2000.

ROUND 3 RESULTS:

The exact same IVs as last time. Maybe I SHOULD Calibrate for it (which would turn my Delay Calibration into -82, would this effect my Entralink Nature Search in any way?). Not that it matters, because...

Sassy nature. The only Sassy nature present is 17 frames ABOVE my target frame, which is the OPPOSITE direction it should be going. I am stopping for now and waiting for your response. I hope my information was easy to follow, and I hope you can help me.
Thanks for the detailed post, it really helped.

Alright, you seem to be doing everything correctly. Just one more question: are you in an area with no NPCs?

If you are, then you're following the guide exactly how I wanted you to. I guess Eon Timer's Entralink+ feature just isn't working right. I'll let ToastPlusOne know and see if we can figure out what's wrong.

Also, about the Seed to Time window not showing the 31s. That's because you have the min frame set to 21, so it's showing the IVs from frame 21 and up in that column. If you set the min frame to 50, your target, then the 31s should show up. As for your calibration, if you update it and it becomes something like -82, that won't make a difference at all for your Standard seed. It's the big changes that you need to watch out for.

I'll contact you when I figure out what's wrong/Toast updates Eon Timer. For now, you can try an alternate way of setting up Eon Timer. I didn't put this way in the guide because I thought we wouldn't need it. Ok, so open up two windows of Eon Timer. One of these will be used to hit your target delay and standard seed. The other will be used to hit your target PID frame. Basically, the second window of Eon Timer will be replacing the 3rd stage of Eon Timer 1.6. In the first window, change the mode to C-Gear. Enter your calib, target delay, and target seconds. In the second timer window, go to the 3rd Gen. tab. In lag, keep it at 0. Set the target frame to 0. Since the C-Gear advances the PID frame about 1 frame every second, we'll use this timer to time ourselves and get into battle at the end of the timer. Look at one of your target PID frames, in the "Time" column. This shows about how many seconds you need to wait for your target frame. So, if it says 50 seconds, put in 50 as your pretimer value in Eon Timer (round to the nearest second).

So, here's what you would do to hit your seed. Sync your DS clock with the first window of Eon Timer (the one for your delay). At the end of the first timer, enter BW from the DS menu/soft reset. When you get into the game, press power and turn on the C-Gear. Go to the menu asap to avoid the animation, exit the menu fast, click wireless and then entralink. Now pay attention. At the end of the second timer, press A to enter the entralink, and at the same time, start your second window of Eon Timer. Do any advancements you need and at the end of this third timer, get into battle.

Hope this helps, and makes sense. I'll try to get back to you soon. If this old process doesn't work either, post here again.

Thanks for the response, Princess. I was being stubborn and things started to go better for me. I tried again and adjusted for Nature several times. I eventually landed on Naive at -19009 calibration, which is literally RIGHT AFTER my string of three Timids. So I calibrated again and got -23009, which got me Adamant, which is four spaces below my Timids. Calibrating again, I got -18009, which got me a Timid! I am now led to believe that I may have been trolled by Timer0s. The only Timer0 I am AWARE of is C7F, because I don't know how to find out what my second one(s) is.

Even if it was just dumb luck, sticking to this calibration SHOULD produce Timid consistently, right? I'll let you know how it goes. I apologize if my bad luck has caused you trouble.

Thanks for the response, Princess. I was being stubborn and things started to go better for me. I tried again and adjusted for Nature several times. I eventually landed on Naive at -19009 calibration, which is literally RIGHT AFTER my string of three Timids. So I calibrated again and got -23009, which got me Adamant, which is four spaces below my Timids. Calibrating again, I got -18009, which got me a Timid! I am now led to believe that I may have been trolled by Timer0s. The only Timer0 I am AWARE of is C7F, because I don't know how to find out what my second one(s) is.

Even if it was just dumb luck, sticking to this calibration SHOULD produce Timid consistently, right? I'll let you know how it goes. I apologize if my bad luck has caused you trouble.
:o If you got Timid with that calibration, then yes, stick with it and see if you consistently get Timid. If you do, that's great and please let me know. And, it was no trouble at all.

Edit: Btw, if your timer0 is C7F then that means your other timer0 is probably C7E. Also, if you succeed and get your Arceus Timid and flawless, upload the Arceus to Pokecheck and check if the PID matches with one of your target frames, just to be sure that this isn't a fluke.

@Princess: I hit Naive again (which is one frame after my Timid string), but I goofed up on this run and I think Arceus turned around a couple of times advancing my frame. This can't be coincidence - the Natures as listed in the RNG Reporter seem to be accurate.

@voodoo pimp: Is it true that everyone consistently runs two timer0s in their game, or can some people only have one? What about MORE than two? Is one more prevalent than the other?

Also, it's kind of annoying. I keep hitting the spread literally ONE DELAY above my target (I want 5146, I get 5167). That's too small to be calibrated for. I don't suppose there's a trick to that for EonTimer?

@Princess: I hit Naive again (which is one frame after my Timid string), but I goofed up on this run and I think Arceus turned around a couple of times advancing my frame. This can't be coincidence - the Natures as listed in the RNG Reporter seem to be accurate.

@voodoo pimp: Is it true that everyone consistently runs two timer0s in their game, or can some people only have one? What about MORE than two? Is one more prevalent than the other?

Also, it's kind of annoying. I keep hitting the spread literally ONE DELAY above my target (I am 5146, it is 5167). That's too small to be calibrated for. I don't suppose there's a trick to that for EonTimer?
Ok, just try again. As for your delay, what you could do is change the target year of your seed to 2013 and it should change your target delay to 5147 (if not, then try 2011). Everything else for your seed will be the same, so just change the date on your DS and you should be good.

Everyone on a legit retail cart will hit 2 timer0s, some people hit both about half and half (maybe one just a little more than the other) but most people hit one more than the other. Nobody can only hit one and nobody can hit more than two (but in BW2, you will have more than 2 timer0s).

Ok, just try again. As for your delay, what you could do is change the target year of your seed to 2013 and it should change your target delay to 5147 (if not, then try 2011). Everything else for your seed will be the same, so just change the date on your DS and you should be good.

Everyone on a legit retail cart will hit 2 timer0s, some people hit both about half and half (maybe one just a little more than the other) but most people hit one more than the other. Nobody can only hit one and nobody can hit more than two (but in BW2, you will have more than 2 timer0s).
Intriguing. Thank you for letting me know all of that. I just hit Timid again, so I'm INCREDIBLY pleased. I don't mind trying over and over to hit the IV delay, as long as my Timid is consistent I am pleased as punch. I want to thank you for asking me to try again and be sure to follow your guide more closely - I found several errors in my method that way.

Timer0s control literally everything, right? They're the things that make everyone's seeds start at a different point on the RNG? Does that mean BW2 will be harder to RNG in every way?

Intriguing. Thank you for letting me know all of that. I just hit Timid again, so I'm INCREDIBLY pleased. I don't mind trying over and over to hit the IV delay, as long as my Timid is consistent I am pleased as punch. I want to thank you for asking me to try again and be sure to follow your guide more closely - I found several errors in my method that way.

Timer0s control literally everything, right? They're the things that make everyone's seeds start at a different point on the RNG? Does that mean BW2 will be harder to RNG in every way?
No problem! They just control which Standard seed you hit, which is a lot kind of I guess. I can't really go into detail with timer0 though, maybe voodoo or someone else can. It could make BW2 harder, but I've never tried BW2. But I have heard that with Entralink abuse in BW2, there are no delays so it's much much easier!

Keep getting Naive about half of the time... I don't know if I should calibrate for it or not. Occasionally something weird like Serious, but I'm gonna chalk that to Timer0.

I'll contact you when I figure out what's wrong/Toast updates Eon Timer. For now, you can try an alternate way of setting up Eon Timer. I didn't put this way in the guide because I thought we wouldn't need it. Ok, so open up two windows of Eon Timer. One of these will be used to hit your target delay and standard seed. The other will be used to hit your target PID frame. Basically, the second window of Eon Timer will be replacing the 3rd stage of Eon Timer 1.6. In the first window, change the mode to C-Gear. Enter your calib, target delay, and target seconds. In the second timer window, go to the 3rd Gen. tab. In lag, keep it at 0. Set the target frame to 0. Since the C-Gear advances the PID frame about 1 frame every second, we'll use this timer to time ourselves and get into battle at the end of the timer. Look at one of your target PID frames, in the "Time" column. This shows about how many seconds you need to wait for your target frame. So, if it says 50 seconds, put in 50 as your pretimer value in Eon Timer (round to the nearest second).

So, here's what you would do to hit your seed. Sync your DS clock with the first window of Eon Timer (the one for your delay). At the end of the first timer, enter BW from the DS menu/soft reset. When you get into the game, press power and turn on the C-Gear. Go to the menu asap to avoid the animation, exit the menu fast, click wireless and then entralink. Now pay attention. At the end of the second timer, press A to enter the entralink, and at the same time, start your second window of Eon Timer. Do any advancements you need and at the end of this third timer, get into battle.

Hope this helps, and makes sense. I'll try to get back to you soon. If this old process doesn't work either, post here again.
Try this if you keep getting Naive.

REPORT: Timid all-31s Arceus recieved. I am COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY THRILLED. I will, however, keep the double-timer suggestions in mind. I can see how that would remedy the issue of the timing of the Standard Seed throwing off the timing of the C-Gear Seed, which I imagine slowed down my process quite a bit.

Anyway, THANK YOU!

Ok, I'm trying to abse an adamant shiny Axew in its cave (no synch needed). I have a shiny frame at 106, which I can reach by chattering 47 or 49 times, depending on the advancements the NPCs can cause. But here's the not-so-fun part: I've been trying for hours now to hit that 106th frame, but whatever I do, I hit +2 or -2 from it.

Example: I chatter 47 times: two frames too early. I chatter 49 times: two frames too late.

I'm kind of in a despair state atm, so any help is welcome :)

EDIT: my hair is falling now, so please, really, help me !
EDIT 2: just succeeded using a different SEED with a shiny frame at 113, two tries only. I think there might have been a problem with the precedent one, but what problem, I can't tell...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In the future, if you're RNGing something that isn't found in NPC-free areas, if they make you skip your target frame like that, save the game and try again so the NPCs start from different locations.

Ok, thanks for your piece of advice :). Fortunately the SEED I tried after that let me RNG correctly, otherwise I think I would have gone berserk and thrown my DS away.

Is there a way to check what second/frame I'm hitting when RNGing a shiny egg other than catching a pokemon after picking up my egg? Also, is this done with or without the advances needed to get the egg you want?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
If you have a good ear, you can use Chatot pitches to tell whether you hit your seed and what your current frame is. Other than that and catching a Pokémon, your only other option is to hatch the egg and use the nature/ability/etc. to figure out what frame you hit.

How do you know which IVs come with which frame? Is there an option in RNG reporter that I'm not seeing? From what I understand, the captured pokemon only tells me what time I'm starting my game at and what frame I'm capturing the pokemon on, and I dont know the importance of the frame between 14-20 that they're telling me I hit (it's been 14 every time so far). It's not my starting frame is it?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
It'll usually be on frame 14, it'll only be on a later frame if you trip the 128 step counter while walking into Victory Road (or wherever you went to do it). It doesn't tell you anything about your PID frame, only that you hit your seed (correct second/Timer0).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)