1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Breeding is messed up (stick to BW1 if possible) and Entralink no longer uses delay, but captures/gifts/Wonder Cards are basically the same.

The Latis are set when you battle them.
  2. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

I realized why I wasn't getting good results.
    I saved in the house before seeing the season change screen :(
    This means I have to RNG Thundurus in the spring (rain)

So my starting frame should now be between 1500 and 1900?
  3. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

In my experience, spring doesn't always have rainy days. It depends on the date I think.
    But if it rains, I think you'll go for a target frame between 1500-1900 like you said.

BTW, when Thundurus flees it will like rain hard before stopping.
    But if there's still a moderate rain after the heavy rain, the frames will advance more, compared to when the heavy rain stops right away without moderate rain in between.
  4. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

First of all, a big thank you to every contributor who made RNGing on B/W possible and so user friendly.

I have one but silly question: in the Time Finder, Egg tab, what does exactly "Min/Max Advances" state for ? Are these the theorical chatot chatters needed to land on the right PIDRNG seed ?
  5. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

Just what it says.
    You can decide how many frames you have to advance from the initial frame of your seed. And also the minimum advancements necessary.
    And the search results depends on what you input on the min & max.

Example, if the initial frame of a seed is at frame x, and if you put the min advancements as 5, & max as 300... the results will show your target frames between frame x+5 to frame x+300.
  6. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

Finally, finally finally got a timid 31/30/30/31/31/31 HP Ice Thundurus. God that was the hardest RNG ever. So much trial and error and frames moving however they felt like...

Anyways, I just had a quick question. Is there any NPC free zone to RNG a wild frillish/jellicent?
  7. voodoo pimp

I think P2 Lab is safe, though I might be remembering wrong.
  8. PoJ

PoJ

P2 Lab is safe, the only NPC there moves in a fixed pattern Iirc. There's also Route 18 that only has NPCs that move in a fixed pattern (or it was Route 17, I forget which).
  9. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Ok I get it. Thanks a lot :)

One more question: is it possible to use a Synch Pokemon to force a certain nature with gift Pokemon like, say, the Magikarp on the bridge ?
  10. OriginForme

OriginForme

No,gift pokemon can't be synched
  11. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Is ther any way to control the Nature of a gift Pokemon ?
  12. OriginForme

OriginForme

It's the same as wild captures/stationary mons,except no synch frames.You can advance the PIDRNG with chatters,or by saving your game
  13. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Okay, thanks a lot :)
  14. DarkestSamus

DarkestSamus

Entralink Seeds not showing up in Alpha 17

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to RNG the DW promotional Arceus. Here is my info:

DS Lite
    Delay Calibration approx: -82
    MAC address: 0021473076A6
    Timer0: C7F (I've calibrated twice and gotten this both times)

My goal is to capture Arceus using this seed, which has 31 in everything on Frame 50:
    23418ACC

Note: If the formerly mentioned seed simply won't work, I have a backup option - seed E33695D2 on frame 49.

Anyhow. I have suffered three different versions of RNG reporter. Here are my issues:

RNG Reporter 9.95 public beta: Provided me with plenty of Entralink Nature Seeds which matched up nicely with the Seed to Times / Adjacent Finder window. Unfortunatly, the resulting nature had NOTHING to do with the supposed seed (all three times, I got natures that weren't even 20 frames away from my intended natures). I heard that this version fails to account for calibrated delay, so I downloaded...

RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 10: Putting in my calibrated delay made up bizarre numbers that did not corrolate to the Seed to Times / Adjacent Finder whatsoever, and since they were supposed to match up, I assumed I could not continue. I decided to try the current Alpha...

RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 17: Regardless of how I tinker with Min/Max Advances, Minimum Cluster, and even keypresses, I get 0 results on the Entralink Nature Seeds menu.

Note that using RNG Reporter 9.95 went well in terms of IV hunting, but the Nature was totally off.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also have no idea how I am supposed to incorporate Soft Resetting into this, as all of my experience has been with Hard Resetting. The guide claims it is easier, but I have no idea what to do about it in terms of how it might change my RNG Reporter results or my timing.
  15. Darki

Darki

While breeding: Does Ditto always overtake the female part or does it adapt to the other parent at the daycare? Because - as far as I knew - Ditto does so, meaning that the other parent counts as male.. Maybe this is my problem.
  16. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

In 5th gen it takes the other gender.
  17. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

One thing I noticed, if it isn't obvious, is that RNGing wild pokemon in WNPC areas such as Pinwheel Forest is similar to RNGing roamers... that is, the frame you'll end will depend on the number of chatot chatters before sweet scenting or going out of the door (in roamers).
  18. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

How much does sweet scenting advance your frame by in White 2? I've been saving 12 times, then SSing to make them shiny, but now I'm saved in front of Virizion.
  19. voodoo pimp

Sweet Scent doesn't advance the frame. And why don't you just use Chatot? O.o
  20. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

Does Route 1 have any NPCs that advance the RNG?
    Also, how easy is it to abuse fishing pokemon?
  21. emboars

emboars

heres a list of places with no moving NPCs...route 1 does have moving NPCs..
    im not sure about fishing when i tried it back then it was messed up but dont know its fixed now...

Show Hide

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
    Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
    Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
    Lostlorn Forest
    Chargestone Cave (B1F)
    Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
    Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
    Route 17
    P2 Laboratory
    Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
    Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
    Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
    Route 9
    Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
    Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
    Victory Road (Exterior)
    Trial Chamber
    Marvelous Bridge
    Giant Chasm (Outside)
    Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
    Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
    Challenger’s Cave (1F)

22. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Route 1 does have one moving NPC. If you want to fish there, I'd recommend finding a Suction Cups seed for it, so you'll always encounter something fishing, and so you can find the frame you hit easier.
  23. emboars

emboars

i suppose the npc advance the pid between, when you throw the bait and press A to reel it in ?...
  24. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

no, while you're fishing the NPCs are frozen. But during the season screen, he can freely move around.
  25. emboars

emboars

^ oh thx didnt know that :D....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)