5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to get a landorus with hidden power ice so it's speed should be 30 while the rest of the ivs are flawless. But no matter which month or year I search, I get 0 results. What am I doing wrong? I've set the 5th gen time finder to look for the right ivs, naive nature, fixed gender and the method is ivs(standard seed) encounter type is stationary Pokemon. Any help would be great

Are you looking for a shiny spread?If so you might need to search in crazy years.Also there are HP ice spreads with 31 speed iv,in case you don't want to lower it

Flawless non shiny are not difficult at all,but you need to use keypresses most of the time.If you use up to 3 keypresses you will be able to find seeds at frame 1

So will the key presses change any of your parameters? Like can I use the parameters I did without key presses for the time finder with checked key presses?

No they won't,use the same parameters.Timer0 has to do with your timing and iirc you can use eon timer to be more consistent but i don't know how

HP Ice 70 spreads:
30 30 30 31 31 31
30 31 30 31 31 31
31 30 30 31 31 31
31 31 31 31 31 30

Ok new problem. I dunno if it's because of the walking npcs in the area, I'm not getting the landorus I want.
Just to double check method used in the time finder is IVs(standard seed) right? Not pidrng?

Hi there,

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but according to the guides, Charm Power +++ or above also have the ability to raise the chances of finding Shinies. Did someone know how the extra RNGs are called in those cases? Thanks!

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Hi there,

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but according to the guides, Charm Power +++ or above also have the ability to raise the chances of finding Shinies. Did someone know how the extra RNGs are called in those cases? Thanks!
I think this has yet to be researched further in the future, especially after the English versions of BW2 will be out in a few days...

@Dagionax: OriginForme provided all of the HP Ice spreads. Out of those, my favorite for Landorus is definately 30 31 30 31 31 31 (only suffering in 1 HP and 1 Def, preserves his Attack and Speed).

If you ever need to know the possible spreads for a HP, use this:

http://metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/HiddenPower.aspx

Select your HP type, put 70 in the Power box, then hit calculate. Obviously, if you're RNGing, you're gonna wanna use the highest point value for each stat, so only use the 30s and 31s.

FUN FACT: I hate HP Fire. It lowers SpAtk (which you're obviously using) and Speed in all four spreads. To make it even worse, you also have to choose between lowering Attack or Defense as well.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok new problem. I dunno if it's because of the walking npcs in the area, I'm not getting the landorus I want.
Just to double check method used in the time finder is IVs(standard seed) right? Not pidrng?
Yes, that's the correct method. Are you getting the wrong IVs, or just the wrong nature? If the IVs are wrong, you're probably getting Timer0 trolled. If it's just the nature, then you'll need to advance to a different PIDRNG frame.

It'll usually be on frame 14, it'll only be on a later frame if you trip the 128 step counter while walking into Victory Road (or wherever you went to do it). It doesn't tell you anything about your PID frame, only that you hit your seed (correct second/Timer0).
I tried doing this and I finally hit the 14th frame on the second I was aiming for (8:45:24), but the clock was actually a whole 51 seconds ahead (8:46:15) when I started the game and chose not to use the c-gear. Also, when I was RNGing for Entrylink pokemon, I was entering the forest 6 seconds before my listed time and I still got all of my results. Is it normal for all of these times to be off by so much? I'm asking since I hatched my egg and none of the nature and IV combinations listed on my seed match the IVs and nature that I got and I want to try to hit my seed consistently.

It has been cracked but it has a serious glitch,you can read about it in the Rng Research thread.Stick to BW for egg abuse
I read the recent posts there about BW2 breeding and saw no mention of any glitches... do you mind explaining what it is to me (or linking me to the post)?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I tried doing this and I finally hit the 14th frame on the second I was aiming for (8:45:24), but the clock was actually a whole 51 seconds ahead (8:46:15) when I started the game and chose not to use the c-gear. Also, when I was RNGing for Entrylink pokemon, I was entering the forest 6 seconds before my listed time and I still got all of my results. Is it normal for all of these times to be off by so much? I'm asking since I hatched my egg and none of the nature and IV combinations listed on my seed match the IVs and nature that I got and I want to try to hit my seed consistently.
The second when you continue the game is totally irrelevant, the time that matters is when you start the game from the main DS menu. As for the Entralink problem, I'm not sure what's going on there, maybe someone more experienced with Entralink can handle that one.
I read the recent posts there about BW2 breeding and saw no mention of any glitches... do you mind explaining what it is to me (or linking me to the post)?
It's discussed in the research thread, starting here. Basically, just stick to BW1 for breeding, there's nothing new in BW2 anyway (unless you're playing LC, then there's a few new level-up moves to worry about).

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to abuse a shiny DW Sandshrew, found a SEED with "DW ability True" and an Adamant nature, but without resorting to an Everstone in the research parameters. I thought only the use of an Everstone could make the DW ability pass to the baby: is that wrong ?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Everstone passes down natures; there's no item to pass down DW abilities. just make sure the MOTHER has its hidden ability and you should be golden.

Thanks OriginForme and voodoo pimp. So if I understand correctly, an old seed that is generated when you first start your save file always overwrites the new seed that is generated when you load the game to attempt to RNG for your egg, which effectively keeps you from ever getting the result you want?

Yes it is,everstone has nothing to do with abilities.When you deposit a female with DW ability and a male non ditto pkm in the same egg group,the baby has 60% chance to get the DW ablity

@Misdreavus:Yes sth like that

The second when you continue the game is totally irrelevant, the time that matters is when you start the game from the main DS menu. As for the Entralink problem, I'm not sure what's going on there, maybe someone more experienced with Entralink can handle that one.
Ok, that was the problem. Thanks.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Thanks OriginForme and voodoo pimp. So if I understand correctly, an old seed that is generated when you first start your save file always overwrites the new seed that is generated when you load the game to attempt to RNG for your egg, which effectively keeps you from ever getting the result you want?
Not entirely, if I remember correctly it just overwrites the nature, inheritance, DW ability inheritance, and (in the case of Nidoran/Volbeat/Illumise) species. But it's still enough to make things needlessly difficult.

I know that RNGing your ID/SID for a shiny Tornadus/Thundurus spread in BW is highly recommended. Since there is no weather to complicate things (as far as I know) with Lati@s in BW2, can I get whatever shiny spread I want easily on them without RNGing my ID/SID, or is it still recommended that I do that?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
I know that RNGing your ID/SID for a shiny Tornadus/Thundurus spread in BW is highly recommended. Since there is no weather to complicate things (as far as I know) with Lati@s in BW2, can I get whatever shiny spread I want easily on them without RNGing my ID/SID, or is it still recommended that I do that?
they're just regular stationary encounters, so there is no need to specifically RNG an ID for them (technically you don't need to RNG your ID at all, even for the Roamers).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)