5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Finally, finally finally got a timid 31/30/30/31/31/31 HP Ice Thundurus. God that was the hardest RNG ever. So much trial and error and frames moving however they felt like...

Anyways, I just had a quick question. Is there any NPC free zone to RNG a wild frillish/jellicent?
I think P2 Lab is safe, though I might be remembering wrong.

P2 Lab is safe, the only NPC there moves in a fixed pattern Iirc. There's also Route 18 that only has NPCs that move in a fixed pattern (or it was Route 17, I forget which).

Just what it says.
You can decide how many frames you have to advance from the initial frame of your seed. And also the minimum advancements necessary.
And the search results depends on what you input on the min & max.

Example, if the initial frame of a seed is at frame x, and if you put the min advancements as 5, & max as 300... the results will show your target frames between frame x+5 to frame x+300.

Ok I get it. Thanks a lot :)

One more question: is it possible to use a Synch Pokemon to force a certain nature with gift Pokemon like, say, the Magikarp on the bridge ?

Entralink Seeds not showing up in Alpha 17

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to RNG the DW promotional Arceus. Here is my info:

DS Lite
Delay Calibration approx: -82
MAC address: 0021473076A6
Timer0: C7F (I've calibrated twice and gotten this both times)

My goal is to capture Arceus using this seed, which has 31 in everything on Frame 50:
23418ACC

Note: If the formerly mentioned seed simply won't work, I have a backup option - seed E33695D2 on frame 49.

Anyhow. I have suffered three different versions of RNG reporter. Here are my issues:

RNG Reporter 9.95 public beta: Provided me with plenty of Entralink Nature Seeds which matched up nicely with the Seed to Times / Adjacent Finder window. Unfortunatly, the resulting nature had NOTHING to do with the supposed seed (all three times, I got natures that weren't even 20 frames away from my intended natures). I heard that this version fails to account for calibrated delay, so I downloaded...

RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 10: Putting in my calibrated delay made up bizarre numbers that did not corrolate to the Seed to Times / Adjacent Finder whatsoever, and since they were supposed to match up, I assumed I could not continue. I decided to try the current Alpha...

RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 17: Regardless of how I tinker with Min/Max Advances, Minimum Cluster, and even keypresses, I get 0 results on the Entralink Nature Seeds menu.

Note that using RNG Reporter 9.95 went well in terms of IV hunting, but the Nature was totally off.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also have no idea how I am supposed to incorporate Soft Resetting into this, as all of my experience has been with Hard Resetting. The guide claims it is easier, but I have no idea what to do about it in terms of how it might change my RNG Reporter results or my timing.

While breeding: Does Ditto always overtake the female part or does it adapt to the other parent at the daycare? Because - as far as I knew - Ditto does so, meaning that the other parent counts as male.. Maybe this is my problem.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
One thing I noticed, if it isn't obvious, is that RNGing wild pokemon in WNPC areas such as Pinwheel Forest is similar to RNGing roamers... that is, the frame you'll end will depend on the number of chatot chatters before sweet scenting or going out of the door (in roamers).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
How much does sweet scenting advance your frame by in White 2? I've been saving 12 times, then SSing to make them shiny, but now I'm saved in front of Virizion.

Does Route 1 have any NPCs that advance the RNG?
Also, how easy is it to abuse fishing pokemon?
heres a list of places with no moving NPCs...route 1 does have moving NPCs..
im not sure about fishing when i tried it back then it was messed up but dont know its fixed now...

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17
P2 Laboratory
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
heres a list of places with no moving NPCs...route 1 does have moving NPCs..
im not sure about fishing when i tried it back then it was messed up but dont know its fixed now...

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17
P2 Laboratory
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)
Route 1 does have one moving NPC. If you want to fish there, I'd recommend finding a Suction Cups seed for it, so you'll always encounter something fishing, and so you can find the frame you hit easier.

Route 1 does have one moving NPC. If you want to fish there, I'd recommend finding a Suction Cups seed for it, so you'll always encounter something fishing, and so you can find the frame you hit easier.
i suppose the npc advance the pid between, when you throw the bait and press A to reel it in ?...

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
In 5th gen yes. Only 3rd/4th gen has connected PID/IVs, thus the limited amount of spreads that can be shiny for a given TID/SID combo.

I realize now that my old post 2 days back had so many factors that COULD'VE been the problem that it was virtually impossible to answer. So I'll ask a much simpler question that can hopefully get me what I need.

Does anybody know which version of RNG reporter I can download in order to successfully RNG for a Dream World Pokemon's IVs AND Nature? I've been following this guide:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=180016

...but Nature did not work for me at all.

I realize now that my old post 2 days back had so many factors that COULD'VE been the problem that it was virtually impossible to answer. So I'll ask a much simpler question that can hopefully get me what I need.

Does anybody know which version of RNG reporter I can download in order to successfully RNG for a Dream World Pokemon's IVs AND Nature? I've been following this guide:

I'm not sure, i got both 9.95 and 9.96 and after several tries (apparently took me about 4-5 hours per entralink abuse i got mine with nature and ivs). Did it require you to use a repel? if so, you should do the 128 steps or so in the entree forest. Did you follow the tidbits and notes under the steps? I assume you followed the guide even up to the "notes" section, you could try to post a screenshot of your rng reporter(s).

I've been following this guide:

Dang it, I was afraid of this. Could you possibly explain to me the exact steps you followed in your own words (I know you read the guide, but maybe you made a small mistake along the way)? And maybe post a snapshot of your eon timer and Entralink Seed Search window?

If I don't find your mistake then I'll try testing the process I explained in the guide and see if I can find out what's wrong.

Btw, the RNG Reporter link I put in the guide should work. You're not getting the right nature either because you made a mistake, or Eon Timer isn't accurate.

Dang it, I was afraid of this. Could you possibly explain to me the exact steps you followed in your own words (I know you read the guide, but maybe you made a small mistake along the way)? And maybe post a snapshot of your eon timer and Entralink Seed Search window?

If I don't find your mistake then I'll try testing the process I explained in the guide and see if I can find out what's wrong.

Btw, the RNG Reporter link I put in the guide should work. You're not getting the right nature either because you made a mistake, or Eon Timer isn't accurate.
Hello, Princess! I'm really thrilled to hear that the guide writer is here to help me! Okay, well, I decided to start over from scratch and re-read the guide as I did it. I did notice a couple of small details that I did not follow in the past that may have been the key factors in my failure. Regardless, I'm writing up a little "journal" as I go.

For the record, downloading RNG Reporter from your link says "Alpha 6" in the ZIP, but actually contains Alpha 10.

5th Gen Time Finder. Setting it to your initial standards, I get 0 results. I decide that it would be easy to just talk to Arceus and say "no" to advance the frame by 26, so I do a new search of 47 (21 + 26) to 52. It succeeds, giving me:

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/1TimeFinderResults.png

I decide to go with the first one.

I open Entralink Nature Search. My calibration is 80, but since that's the same as yours, I decide to do 50. I keep my Advances low because historically I have been kept waiting for far too long. I choose this combo:

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/2EntralinkNature.png

Now, as recommended, I open RNG Reporter 9.95 Beta, find my C-Gear seed again and generate my Seed to Time window. I find 17:15:44! Its Delay is 5146.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/5SeedToTime995.png

Now I generate my PID frames. Here they are:

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/3PIDFrames.png

My game has been saved, previously, right outside of the Pokemon League. I have used a Super Repel and walked 72 paces in advance, leaving only 128 remaining.

My C-Gear Seed is on Frame 50, so I calculate...

21 (starting) + 26 (talk to Arceus, but say No) + 3 (advance 128 steps with 3 Pokemon)

My advances are 119-50=69. I fill out EonTimer.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/4EonTimer.png

My DS needs to be set to 08/29/2012, 17:14:00 and EonTimer needs to be started at the exact same time. I do so.

Now I am about to try again. I find my faith renewed, since I noticed several things I did not notice before. I hope it works. I will post again after several tries.

EDIT:

RESULTS:

I get literally ONE point of Delay off on the IVs, according to my Adjacent Seeds search. So I'm on the right track here.

I get Naughty as my Nature. There are three close-by Naughty natures (shown in picture), but I choose the closest one. 113-50=63 actual advances. I tell EonTimer to Update and it slaps on a Frame Calibration of 16000 (also shown in picture).

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/6NaughtyAdjust.png

ROUND 2 RESULTS:

I get 4 less Delay than my target this time, not close enough to Calibrate for.

Modest Nature. The only Modests I see are even FURTHER from Timid than my last adjustment, as you can see in this picture (left half):

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/DarkestSamus/7ModestAdjust.png

On top of it all, I'm a little nervous that my Seed to Time window doesn't show all 31s (as shown in right half of above picture).

There's one last thing I'm gonna try - I'm gonna remove this adjustment and try adjusting to the Naughty nature that was in the OPPOSITE direction of the one I adjusted for previously. That was on Frame 131, which is 131-50=81 actual advances. I reset the Frame Calibration on EonTimer, punch 81 into Actual Advances, and hit Update; the Frame Adjustment becomes 2000.

ROUND 3 RESULTS:

The exact same IVs as last time. Maybe I SHOULD Calibrate for it (which would turn my Delay Calibration into -82, would this effect my Entralink Nature Search in any way?). Not that it matters, because...

Sassy nature. The only Sassy nature present is 17 frames ABOVE my target frame, which is the OPPOSITE direction it should be going. I am stopping for now and waiting for your response. I hope my information was easy to follow, and I hope you can help me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)