5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

For Uxie, it is probably easiest just to lead with your Synchronizer and hope you land on a Synch frame. You have ~50% chance of getting the right nature which saves you a lot of time spent trying to calibrate with so many WNPCs.

ETA: After reading The Agonist's post, I think I misinterpreted what you were asking...
I see what you mean. I think I'll just try to land on a sync frame :)

I've looked around, but can't find anything to solve my problem. It says in the 3rd post that RNG Reporter will work on Linux (I'm assuming on Wine?) but I can't get it to run after installation. I don't get error messages or anything, it just... doesn't run. Can somebody help?

If you need any details, PM me and I'll tell you as much as I can. Thanks!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've looked around, but can't find anything to solve my problem. It says in the 3rd post that RNG Reporter will work on Linux (I'm assuming on Wine?) but I can't get it to run after installation. I don't get error messages or anything, it just... doesn't run. Can somebody help?

If you need any details, PM me and I'll tell you as much as I can. Thanks!
I was able to get it to run on Wine in the past, but it's not possible with the current version. A version with Linux support is being worked on, so it should be available eventually.

Trading doesn't change anything. But the game checks whether to generate extra PIDs based on the ID/SID of the game you generate the egg on, so if the ID/SID in RNG Reporter are different then it might generate a different number of extra PIDs.
The following are the articles that are the foundation of my understanding of the topics:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PID
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breed

First off, I would like to address the following statements:
Trading doesn't change anything.
the game checks whether to generate extra PIDs
This is the primary focus of my confusion. These statements contradict each other. Which is it? Trading does not effect an egg's assigned PID OR does trading impact it?

Second off, I would like to address the following statements:
it might generate a different number of extra PIDs
You have intentionally these references in the plural. Is it not true that a single egg has a single generated PID value (set at time of its creation)?

The statements above indicates that instead of a single generated PID that instead the game generates X number of PID's then chooses one of those to apply? Is this a formula that used for all eggs or just traded eggs?

This is the primary focus of my confusion. These statements contradict each other.
No they don't. The checks happen whether the egg's traded or not.

You have intentionally these references in the plural. Is it not true that a single egg has a single generated PID value (set at time of its creation)?

The statements above indicates that instead of a single generated PID that instead the game generates X number of PID's then chooses one of those to apply?
That's Masuda Method.

The following are the articles that are the foundation of my understanding of the topics:
Maybe you should look around here first.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp

This is the primary focus of my confusion. These statements contradict each other. Which is it? Trading does not effect an egg's assigned PID OR does trading impact it?

The statements above indicates that instead of a single generated PID that instead the game generates X number of PID's then chooses one of those to apply? Is this a formula that used for all eggs or just traded eggs?
The way the Masuda Method works is basically this: it generates a PID and checks whether it is shiny (on the game the egg is generated on, since the PID is set when the egg is received and obviously it can't know the ID/SID of the game you're going to hatch it on). If it's not, then it generates another PID, and repeats the process until it either hits a shiny one or generates six total (that's why, from a non-RNG perspective, it gives you 6x the chance of hatching a shiny).

So, since the ID/SID you use in RNG Reporter is different, the number of extra PIDs it checks before either hitting a shiny one or stopping will probably be different than what actually happens in-game.

If I'm using RNG Reporter and have my Black 2 cart's parameters written down somewhere, would I encounter any problems if I borrowed somebody's Mac for a few hours, downloaded PPRNG, and did some Dream Radar RNGing through it?

The way the Masuda Method works is basically this: it generates a PID and checks whether it is shiny (on the game the egg is generated on, since the PID is set when the egg is received and obviously it can't know the ID/SID of the game you're going to hatch it on). If it's not, then it generates another PID, and repeats the process until it either hits a shiny one or generates six total (that's why, from a non-RNG perspective, it gives you 6x the chance of hatching a shiny).

So, since the ID/SID you use in RNG Reporter is different, the number of extra PIDs it checks before either hitting a shiny one or stopping will probably be different than what actually happens in-game.
killjoy

And to make this extra-clear, the reason that RNG Reporter tells you a frame will be shiny is because it (obviously) assumes that the ID/SID you give it are the ones you're breeding on, so when you go and breed on a different ID/SID Masuda Method no longer recognizes that PID as shiny and skips over it (unless you're really lucky and get a PID that's shiny on both games). Therefore, when you go and trade it over, it no longer has the PID that was supposed to hatch shiny on that game, and is thus no longer shiny.

Regular breeding, on the other hand, doesn't have those checks, so the PID stays the same and therefore still comes out shiny.

Does anything advance the PIDRNG in Relic Castle where you capture Volcarona? I ask because I'm hoping I can choose a higher Standard Frame rather than advance the PIDRNG by 200+ frames.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Does anything advance the PIDRNG in Relic Castle where you capture Volcarona? I ask because I'm hoping I can choose a higher Standard Frame rather than advance the PIDRNG by 200+ frames.
To be precise, the PIDRNG will advance every time you take a step + every time you make a turn.

To be precise, the PIDRNG will advance every time you take a step + every time you make a turn.
By turn you mean when you LIGHTLY tap the directional pad to make your player face a certain direction right? Also it advances by 2 right? Is their anything making the advancement skip at all or is it consistent enough to safely use this method to advance the frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
By turn you mean when you LIGHTLY tap the directional pad to make your player face a certain direction right? Also it advances by 2 right? Is their anything making the advancement skip at all or is it consistent enough to safely use this method to advance the frame?

Yes and yes. It is pretty consistent, but chattering is still the better option as it loets you check what frame you're on. If you decide to go for the turns tho, remember to use a repel as engaging in a battle will advancd the IV frame and you won't be able to get the IVs you want.

Yes and yes. It is pretty consistent, but chattering is still the better option as it loets you check what frame you're on. If you decide to go for the turns tho, remember to use a repel as engaging in a battle will advancd the IV frame and you won't be able to get the IVs you want.
Alright sounds good. Thanks for the help :)

Okay, so far as I follow: don't have international parents on white, and don't have the shiny charm on w2. Theoretically it should work to let a bred egg on white hatch shiny on w2 like that, correct?

Are there any chances that the PIDRNG starting frame for hidden grotto Pokémon could be off by 1 with certain seeds? I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.5, btw, which should be the latest public build.

I'm playing with an Italian Black 2, Memory Link has been activated. Here's any remotely relevant info I can think of...
ID: 46321
SID: 58677
3DS MAC: A4C0E100D4F6
VCount: AC
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0: 1667

The seed I correctly hit is 6DB24CFF8A85E6E0 (the IVs did confirm I properly hit the seed). Here's the standard seed info from the time finder:

Seed: 6DB24CFF8A85E6E0
Frame: 13
IVs: 31/31/31/2/31/31
HP: Electric 70
Date\Time: 11/01/12 19:03:01
Timer0: 1667
Keypresses: None

I do have both Black White 2 and Memory Link checked in the main RNG Reporter page. This gives me 53 as Starting Frame, and I wanted frame 104 for the Jolly nature. However, doing 51 Chatot advances brought me to a Rash nature, which is on frame 103 according to RNG Reporter. Tried a second time and it came out Rash again with 51 advances. The third time I tried 52 advances (which according to RNG Reported would have brought me to a Modest nature on frame 105), and I had the Jolly nature I wanted.
Now I'm not sure if I fail terribly hard with math/counting chatot flips, but as another hidden grotto seed I used went fine with what RNG Reporter told me, I thought I should probably inform about the fact, just to play it safe.

EDIT: Pokécheck screenshot. The PID is the same one that RNG Reporter tells me for frame 104.
EDIT2: I forgot to say a possibly important thing: the hidden grotto seed/frame combo that worked correctly for me before was on a Ditto, which is obviously genderless, so that might have had a say, too.

How do you RNG with the standard seed while still being able to get your Synchronizer to work? On my Kyurem I tried for a Timid with 31 IVs in everything except Attack, (which didn't matter, this would become my Kyurem-W) and one of the seeds I tried kept getting me a Docile one with the IVs. So I tried a different seed (that would give me perfect IVs across the board) and it worked. What is this supposed to mean? Will random seeds from the standard stationary Pokemon seed work with Synchronize will others won't?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How do you RNG with the standard seed while still being able to get your Synchronizer to work? On my Kyurem I tried for a Timid with 31 IVs in everything except Attack, (which didn't matter, this would become my Kyurem-W) and one of the seeds I tried kept getting me a Docile one with the IVs. So I tried a different seed (that would give me perfect IVs across the board) and it worked. What is this supposed to mean? Will random seeds from the standard stationary Pokemon seed work with Synchronize will others won't?
To get a different nature, you have to advance the PID frame with either saving or Chatot. The second seed you tried just happened to have the right nature on the initial PID frame.
EDIT2: I forgot to say a possibly important thing: the hidden grotto seed/frame combo that worked correctly for me before was on a Ditto, which is obviously genderless, so that might have had a say, too.
When you looked at the PID frames, did you set the correct gender and gender ratio in the main window?

When you looked at the PID frames, did you set the correct gender and gender ratio in the main window?
I set it to "Female (50% Male / 50% Female)" in the main window, since it was a female Liepard, so I believe that was correct.

EDIT: Amusingly enough, I now tried leaving "Don't care / Genderless" and while the starting frame is still 53, it does say the Jolly nature is on frame 105 (as well as Rash on 104 and Modest on 106), so it would be correct.

To get a different nature, you have to advance the PID frame with either saving or Chatot. The second seed you tried just happened to have the right nature on the initial PID frame.
Thanks Voodoo. Just caught this after reading your comment.

Timid
31/31/31/31/31/31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)